PDA

View Full Version : Need scroll suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

equinoxmaster
2014-05-21, 07:15 PM
i am buying an infinite scrollcase (MiC), what scrolls should i get

Tvtyrant
2014-05-21, 07:57 PM
i am buying an infinite scrollcase (MiC), what scrolls should i get

You sir are too excited.

You want Alarm, Mount, Comprehend Languages, Arcane Lock, Obscure Object, Locate Object, Whispering Wind, Nondetection, Tiny Hut, etc.

A_S
2014-05-21, 08:24 PM
I don't think your thread title has enough exclamation points, but I'll do my best to answer anyway.

For scrolls, I like to keep around spells that I'm not sufficiently likely to use that they're worth memorizing (i.e., I won't cast them every day), but that you really need when you need them. True Seeing is a big one for me (the costly material component keeps me from wanting to cast it all the time, but it's crucial against illusion-using opponents), plus spells that are very good against specific opponents, but only against those specific opponents (e.g., Sunburst vs. undead). Other than that, I'd generally rather just have the spell memorized, or have a wand of it. I'm not sure I could come up with 50 spells I would want to cast from scrolls...

Gildedragon
2014-05-21, 09:07 PM
Question is: What spells do you know?
Can you put minor schemas into the scrollcase?

ericgrau
2014-05-22, 12:32 AM
All the 1st level utility spells, most of the 2nd level ones, some of the 3rd-6th level utility spells.

For example I like legend lore as a "next major plot point please" button once you find something super significant. And you'll probably only need one scroll the whole campaign.

Darrin
2014-05-22, 06:50 AM
We need to know:

1) What type of spellcaster are you?

2) How much GP do you have to spend?

3) What sourcebooks are available? Online articles? Dragon Magazine material? Setting-specific materials?

equinoxmaster
2014-05-22, 09:06 AM
i am a favored soul 8/bard 2 with a level adjustment of three

equinoxmaster
2014-05-22, 09:09 AM
We need to know:

1) What type of spellcaster are you?

2) How much GP do you have to spend?

3) What sourcebooks are available? Online articles? Dragon Magazine material? Setting-specific materials?

i am a 8 lvl favored soul/bard 2 and i have a level adjustment of 3
i have 18000gp
i am using the core rulebooks and some stuff about boccob from dragon magazine

weckar
2014-05-22, 09:15 AM
Heh. So, in theory, you can cast from almost any scroll with a single UMD roll. Neat. If your UMD is good enough, I'd say go for spells that are otherwise out of your reach.

equinoxmaster
2014-05-22, 09:47 AM
Heh. So, in theory, you can cast from almost any scroll with a single UMD roll. Neat. If your UMD is good enough, I'd say go for spells that are otherwise out of your reach.

we have a wizard in the party who agreed to scribe scrolls for me