PDA

View Full Version : Question about a real life religion

CyberThread
2014-05-21, 10:08 PM
The flying spaghetti monster , is a mix of a shambling mound and beholder; what sort of interbreeding do you think would be required to have that work?

(Don't you dare talk about an actual religion , Flying spaghetti is a parody religion so treat this thread exactly as it should be , humor and click bait)

Now back to the question , in reality what SLA's do you think such a monster would have?

HunterOfJello
2014-05-21, 10:24 PM
Definitely a Greater Deity with the portfolios of Gravity, Pirates, Spaghetti, Meatballs, and Sauce.

I'll need to find my copy of the gospel before I can comment much further.

Persistent Greater Invisibility and other buffs would be on him all the time. He is also generally omnipresent since his noodly appendages are responsible for all gravity on the planet.

OldTrees1
2014-05-21, 11:11 PM
The flying spaghetti monster , is a mix of a shambling mound and beholder; what sort of interbreeding do you think would be required to have that work?

Are you sure it is not just 100% Beholder?
IIRC Beholders (the species) have more genetic diversity than humanoids (the entire type)

Zanos
2014-05-21, 11:17 PM
(Don't you dare talk about an actual religion , Flying spaghetti is a parody religion so treat this thread exactly as it should be , humor and click bait)
I'll have you know that I take my pastafarianism very seriously. I am offended that you dare question the reality of Him.

Perhaps Meatball Swarm and Pasta Tentacles at-will?

Telonius
2014-05-22, 08:34 AM
Ethereal Jaunt, Mind Blank, and Superior Invisibility would be good to start.

Sir Chuckles
2014-05-22, 08:47 AM
Definitely a Greater Deity with the portfolios of Gravity, Pirates, Spaghetti, Meatballs, and Sauce.

I'll need to find my copy of the gospel before I can comment much further.

Persistent Greater Invisibility and other buffs would be on him all the time. He is also generally omnipresent since his noodly appendages are responsible for all gravity on the planet.

False.
Superior Invisibility (http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-arcane--55/superior-invisibility--517/)

John Longarrow
2014-05-22, 08:49 AM
CyberThread,

Maybe you should refer this to his one true profit in D&D... Evard.

Shining Wrath
2014-05-22, 08:51 AM
Sauce be upon Him!

Agreed that portfolio must include Pirates, and Talk Like a Pirate Day is a high holy day.

Per doctrine the FSM created the entire universe as a mistake after drinking heavily. Therefore, domains include:

Water (a necessary ingredient for beverages),
Healing (because after a bender like that, any Greater Deity worthy of the title is going to investigate cures for hangovers),
and Luck (because anyone who can create a functioning universe while drunk has something going for Him besides skill).
Because of the piratical influences I think Travel is a domain as well.

SLA's include:

Arrabbiata Smite - a version of "Smite Evil" / "Smite Good" that works upon anyone of any alignment who is currently taking themselves too seriously (thus, does double damage to a BBEG who is monologing), and does 14D10 50% Fire / 50% Acid damage;
the Pesto Touch of the Noodly Appendage, healing anyone touched for 10D8 HP plus removes any mind-affecting spells / curses;
Create Booze, which is like Create Water but tastier and accounts for the large number of Dwarven worshipers of the FSM;
and Summon Pirates, which brings however many pirates are necessary to turn the present situation into utter chaos of a hilarious nature.

Ramen!

weckar
2014-05-22, 08:53 AM
Omniscient
Non-communicative (no, not even like that. And definitely not like that. Never like that.)
Omnipresent
Intangible/Inaudible/Invisible/Inolfactionary/Ingustatory
Omnipowerful
Panapathetic

Also, I do suggest you edit your first post out of sympathy for the True Believers in the All-Sharing Feast. Don't want to step on anyone's toes.

John Longarrow
2014-05-22, 08:54 AM
Shining Wrath
You forgot weather. After all, as he can summon/dismiss pirates at will, he has total control over global warming/cooling.

nedz
2014-05-22, 09:07 AM
Should definitely grant the Healing domain because that contains Regeneration and his followers are well known for chopping off one of their legs, just below the knee, the night before Pirate Day.

Also he should have an Animal Companion because Parrots.

Shining Wrath
2014-05-22, 09:29 AM
Shining Wrath
You forgot weather. After all, as he can summon/dismiss pirates at will, he has total control over global warming/cooling.

Quibble:

Weather is what you get. Climate is what you expect. Global warming, a.k.a. climate change, is about changing expectations, not dropping a tornado atop the local village for complaining about the droppings left by your animal companion.

John Longarrow
2014-05-22, 09:35 AM

Oddly, you can find someone who would say something like this about ANY religion. Pastafarians tend to be very tolerant though, so I don't think they will be getting too riled up about this.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻ ☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻ ☺