PDA

View Full Version : Nature Dragon

Ruethgar
2014-05-21, 11:03 PM
Firstly, if anyone could direct me to a dragon of nature already in the game that would be great.

However, in lue of that I did make a hodgepodge of various books and strict RAW readings to make a true black and green dragon with a lightning, rain, and growth storm breath.

Now I just need the class. Druid would be my first choice of course, but I am trying to avoid the upper tiers. What would be a good class and a good focus with said class for a nature sort of feel? Preferably more to do with plants than animals.

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-21, 11:16 PM
Perhaps a Green Dragon with the Woodling template (MM3) with that Draconic Archetype that trades away access to cleric spells in exchange for access to the druid spell list?

Gildedragon
2014-05-21, 11:25 PM
What aspect of nature?
Animals? Plants? Weather? Soil? Something else? All of the above?

IIRC there is an Arborea Planar dragon

Ruethgar
2014-05-22, 12:06 AM
Primary focus on weather and plants, secondary earth and stone, tertiary animal, sea and flame. The woodling green could work for an individual, though I was looking more for something that could form a decent organization which giving the green's strong disposition to evil and tendency for tyrannical, manipulative, bastardly ways would be unlikely.

I have not been able to locate an arboreal dragon apart from the world tree. If I was going to get sorcerer spells, I was definitely going in for the druid list, but I am still unsure. Also quite tired and some of this may or may not make any sense upon your reading it as my mind blabbers on while my body tries to shut down.

Gildedragon
2014-05-22, 12:33 AM
For the oceans there is the
Oceanus Dragon from Draconomicon

Dragon 344 has the Elysium Dragon (which is planty) and Beast Dragon (which is animaly)

MoI has the Incarnum Dragon (good for souls)

The OA lung dragons have nice an' tidy environments attached to them (River, Earth, Coils!)

Sewercop
2014-05-22, 01:36 AM
Woodling template is great for a wood dragon. Put it on a steel dragon perhaps?
Half fey, woodling steel dragon with druid casting and greenbund summoning?

TiaC
2014-05-22, 01:43 AM
The Force of Nature from DR304 p. 60 is probably what you are looking for.

Ruethgar
2014-05-22, 06:49 AM
All very good choices. Thank you. I forgot about the Lungs completely and knew Force of Nature and Elysium existed but couldn't remember their exact names or he books they were in.

Bronk
2014-05-22, 07:11 AM
There's the amber dragon... nature oriented dragons who cast druid spells. It's originally from an older version of D&D, but it's been converted here...

http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/cc/converted/view_d.php?DragonID=6

Jeff the Green
2014-05-22, 07:30 AM
Any true dragon with the Child of Eberron sovereign archetype learns Druidic, gets Survival as a class skill, and can cast druid spells as arcane spells. Tome or Steel aren't the most flavorful for such a choice, but mechanically they're probably the best.

Sayt
2014-05-22, 07:43 AM
Pathfinder has the Zomok (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/plants/zomok), which, while not a true dragon, is a draconic plant with flight and a breath weapon.

Darrin
2014-05-22, 09:43 AM
Sounds like you want a Twilight Guardian (Dragon Magic). It's a plant creature made from earth and local vegatation, but it has the dragonblood subtype and thus counts as "dragon" for various feats/effects.

It's not all that smart, though... Int 1. This might be fixable by casting awaken on it, but that would probably involve some shenanigans, as awaken can only be cast on a tree or animal. (Use a Skull Talisman + aspect of the wolf, cast awaken when it's in wolf form, wait for it to change back to a plant.)