PDA

View Full Version : Sigil

Eldoran
2007-02-15, 11:45 PM
The city of Sigil, the city of doors in the heart of the outlands atop a spire in the middle of the plane.

Eldoran
2007-02-15, 11:48 PM
Eldoran and Wukei appear in space next to a wall, quite a way away from the main open area of this sector.

Wukei
2007-02-15, 11:50 PM
Wukei looks around, curiously. She moves away from Eldoran almost subconsciously. She then makes her way through the strange place, though it's obvious she has no idea where she is or where she's going.

Eldoran
2007-02-15, 11:54 PM
Eldoran looks into the main area "Good...this is an area of what is known as the hive. South eastern sector to be exact. Now this place can be rough, the place where he is is at least ten times so. So be on your guard." he leads off to what could be called the main building of the area.

Wukei
2007-02-15, 11:58 PM
Wukei glances at him, heading off in a different direction and follows, still staring around in curiosity.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 12:02 AM
Eldoran stops outside the building and waits for Wukei to make her way over "He's in here..." he frowns "And he might be dangerous if pushed the wrong way." he pushes the door open and walks inside.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 12:04 AM
Wukei follows him in, ignoring his warning.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 12:09 AM
You enter into what appears to be a tavern, although that's the closest thing that it could be described as. A blast of warm air greets you as several vents in the floor lead up from the furnaces below.

The general populace rivals, even beats, what is found in Trog's Tavern back in the Town. If you look hard enough, and in reality you shouldn't in this place, you can see a whole manner of different beings, from demons to devils and tieflings to planeswalkers. But what immediately strikes you is what the name of the place is about, a body levitates right before you in the centre of the room, and it's totally emersed in flames.

Several members of the patrons in the tavern turn to look at you suspiciously, looking you up and down considering what you would be capable of in a fight. They eventually turn back to their drinks.

Eldoran briefly glances behind him, in a hushed tone "This is the Smouldering Corpse. Quite pretty ain't it."

Wukei
2007-02-16, 12:13 AM
Wukei looks around the tavern, ignoring the play by play commentary by Eldoran, and she tries to spot Hawkeye.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 12:17 AM
Eldoran shrugs and moves off quietly to the bar, keeping one eye on Wukei. What Wukei sees from first glance is several eyes on the patrons shifting towards her. And a figure at the back moving from his spot and heading for a back door.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 12:20 AM
Wukei follows the figure, ignoring the other patrons, though her hand rests on her blunderbuss nonchalantly. She quickly tries to catch up to the figure, wishing at the moment that she had the power to disappear from one place and appear in another.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 12:27 AM
Eldoran quickly grabs a drink and follows after Wukei.

A heavily built tiefling and what appears to be a demon get up from their seats and blocks Wukei's path. The demon eyes Wukei up and down "You look somewhat familiar to a certain goddess" the tiefling eyes her suspiciously "What's a stranger like ya doing in this homely tavern?"

Wukei
2007-02-16, 12:29 AM
Wukei strengthens her grip on her blunderbuss and it glows a strange blue colour. Out of my way. I've no time for you.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 12:35 AM
The demon and the tiefling both laugh "You think you can take us all on?" several more figures slowly leave their seats and start to surround her. Eldoran quickly makes his way over to Wukei before one figure closes the gap. The person that was heading for the back entrance pauses and briefly looks at the group.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 12:36 AM
She frowns. I've faced greater numbers. She removes the blunderbuss from her shoulder and aims at the demon one handed with it, drawing her rapier with the other hand. Both glow a bright blue.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 12:42 AM
Eldoran closes his eyes for a brief second, he looks upwards "They don't call you the god of self sacrifice for nothing..." he looks around as the group close in.

The tiefling growls "Fire that party popper in 'ere and the next thing you'll see past 'ere is the burning fires of hell"

Wukei
2007-02-16, 12:44 AM
She sneers. I've seen them. Now, if you'll excuse me I believe you're blocking my way. None that have stood between me and my husband have survived thusfar. Including gods. Do you care to test your luck?

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 12:51 AM
The sound of several weapons being unsheathed can be heard all around. The figure heading for the back door turns around and looks at the group. Eldoran begins chanting several arcane words.

The tiefling smiles "You've got some guts on you for a human" he grins and looks at her stomach "Lets take a closer look" he draws out a wicked looking scimitar and slices at Wukei's stomach as the group edge closer.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 12:54 AM
Wukei brings her rapier up to meet the scimitar, blocking it. She winces at the sound of metal hitting metal and fires a round at the demon before he can aid his friend.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 01:01 AM
The demon cries as he's hit and staggers back. The tiefling attempts to keep Wukei's weapon pinned and strikes out with his fist towards her face. Two figures come in to flank Wukei, but don't strike out yet. Behind Wukei Eldoran finishes chanting, he throws a fireball at one of the figures behind Wukei and transforms into a quite sizable fire elemental and engages all of the figures behind Wukei in melee combat.

The figure at the back starts walking slowly towards the group.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 01:03 AM
Wukei drops the blunderbuss and brings her hand up to block the punch. She then kicks up above the weapons toward the tiefling's face.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 01:10 AM
The weapon hits the tiefling, but it doesn't do a lot to him as he ignores any pain that he received. He sneers "You're gonna have to do better than that girl" the tiefling attempts to drive Wukei back. The demon that was hit is quite badly wounded, but is still able to grab his dropped weapon and lunge towards Wukei's stomach. The two figures flanking Wukei attempt to grap out for her arms.

Eldoran is keeping the figures behind Wukei occupied, the figure that was at the back door is approaching the group still at a slow pace.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 01:12 AM
Wukei gives a great heft toward the tiefling, pushing back with the magically improved weapon. She then drops to a low crouch, avoiding the demon's lunge. She spins, trying to trip all four attacking her.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 01:17 AM
The tiefling and one of the figures who was flanking dodge, the wounded demon and the other figure are tripped. The tiefling steps so he's in front of Wukei, the other figure who is upright steps to the back and draws a longsword.

The tiefling growls and slices towards Wukei's chest.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 01:19 AM
Wukei rolls to the side and stands, raising her rapier with her.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 01:23 AM
The tiefling scowls and slices at her chest again. The other figure who was upright side steps around Wukei and swings at her back. The figure who was down gets up moves to the other side, the demon remains on the ground.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 01:25 AM
Wukei tries to avoid the move at her front only to still catch the blade across her chest and have a deeper wound in her back. She stiffles a cry and draws a brand new flintlock from her belt, firing at the tiefling.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 01:31 AM
The tiefling takes the hit in the shoulder and staggers back a halfstep, one figure slices at her back again and the other figure stabs at her stomach.

The figure who was at the back door pace quickens going towards the group.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 01:35 AM
Wukei leaps above the attacks (though not without catching a few cuts on her leg), higher than average for a human, and obviously helped by some magical source. She kicks out at the one who'd stabbed at her stomach.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 01:41 AM
The figure is caught by the kick and falls over winded. The other figure waits for Wukei to come down and then lunges at her. The tiefling steadies himself, and attempts to slice from her shoulder down across her chest.

The figure from the back door reaches the demon. He pauses, a sword made of pure flame appears in his hand and he slices the downed person in two.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 01:45 AM
Wukei receives both wounds and pales considerably as though thrown into shock, mostly from the lunge that had put the blade through her gut. She remembers why she never jumps in spars. Wukei punches at the demon as it's blade remains in her stomach and stabs at the tiefling with her rapier.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 01:50 AM
The tiefling blocks the rapier easily, and then kicks out hard at the side of Wukei's knee. The demon is punched back, he steps away a pace and leaves the blade in her stomach. It draws a dagger from it's boot.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 01:54 AM
Wukei feels her knee crack and puts her weight on the other leg without much ado. She draws the weapon from her stomach, ignoring the fact that it would quicken the blood loss, and brings it to bear. She strikes forward expertly with both weapons, bringing the first to parry the tiefling's weapon as she strikes with her rapier toward his chest.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 02:02 AM
The tiefling tries to dodge the rapier but is cut thiny open. He grimaces "You fight well little girl" he sneers "But you probably better do something about your chest, you've got a leak." He tries to side step and kick out at Wukei's other knee. The figure with the dagger leaps forwards to strike out at Wukei's back, the figure who was kicked over a couple of rounds ago gets up and slices at Wukei's chest...well he would have done if not struck down before hand by the figure with the firey sword.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 02:05 AM
Wukei sneers at the tiefling, sidestepping his attack while managing to stay standing. She is caught in the shoulder by the other's blade. I've had several hundred more years of practice than you, I figure. She brings both weapons toward the tiefling again, ignoring the demon for now.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 02:13 AM
The tiefling blocks one weapon and is hit by the other, he goes down to the ground. He kicks out at the closest of Wukei's legs. The figure with the knife draws another and strikes out at Wukei's back again.

The figures with the fire sword shrugs "Fair fight now." he turns and heads for the back again at a quick pace.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 02:16 AM
Wukei winces as her leg is kicked out from under her and falls under the strike of the demon. She brings the scimitar down toward the tiefling's chest as she falls, looking up at the departing figure. Wait, she cries, desperately.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 02:21 AM
The sword strikes the tiefling right in the chest and he goes out for the count. The demon raises the dagger to strike out once more, but falls backwards before he could strike as a powerful blast from the departing figure removed half his chest.

The rest of the group fighting Eldoran sees their boss killed and make a break for it out the tavern.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 02:24 AM
Wukei stumbles to her feet, barely able to stand. She drops the scimitar and sheaths her rapier.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 02:26 AM
The figure shrugs "Good fight" he turns to the door again

Eldoran transforms into human form again, he is covered with bruises and stab wounds.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 02:30 AM
Come back, she says to the figure at the door, though there doesn't seem to be much true resolve behind the command.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 02:33 AM
The figure stops, and then after a brief pause turns around.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 02:38 AM
Wukei slumps to the floor. I'm sorry...

I've done exactly what I thought you had...and I wouldn't believe you when you said that Merant had influenced my memory.

And I don't deserve to be forgiven, but I'm asking for it anyway...

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 02:44 AM
The figure walks over to Wukei and looks around "Need to get out of here..."

Wukei
2007-02-16, 02:45 AM
Wukei chuckles shallowly. Easy for you to say...you don't have a mark on you...

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 02:50 AM
The figure attempts to pick Wukei up. He looks at Eldoran "Well, what are you waiting for? You've got some levels in cleric." Eldoran nods and casts a CCW on Wukei.

Wukei
2007-02-16, 02:52 AM
She looks Eldoran over, examining his wounds superficially. Making Ilmater proud...

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 03:00 AM
Eldoran nods at Wukei, then winces "Sometimes I question why I choose this path, this being a prime example." he shrugs.
The figure starts moving towards the door carrying Wukei, he looks back "We've got to get before the lady comes to question us ok? So get your ass moving Eldoran."

Wukei
2007-02-16, 03:03 AM
Wukei's eyes narrow in confusion. What lady?

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 03:06 AM
"Lady of Pain, she runs this city. People don't know what her power level is like, even the gods. Some say it might exceed a standard deities power. But either way it's best not to draw her attention."

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-16, 03:10 AM
((some people think she might actually be just three sentient squirrels in a suit. Its true, some people actually think that.))

Wukei
2007-02-16, 03:10 AM
(^ that'd be my boyfriend...he was attacked by a squirrel when he was 2...he still is scared of them. Even my statue squirrel.)

Wukei frowns. What a sad name... She thinks about telling him she can probably walk...but then realizes he might disappear if she does so, so she just relaxes in his arms.

Eldoran
2007-02-16, 03:13 AM
They step outside "Where's the portal back Eldoran?" Eldoran points to the far corner in which he and Wukei appeared in. The figure nods and heads off, carrying Wukei, to the space. Eldoran whispers the command word and they disappear from the city.