PDA

View Full Version : transmogrifist and alternate forms ?'s

Cowboy_ninja
2007-02-16, 01:35 AM
at 8th level he get all the extrodinary special qualities of the favored form. so that means the supernatural and spell-like qualities are out? only the extrodinary ones are allowed?

also what happens when a transmogrifist gets a higher BAB? (6/1) more attacks? with what weapon? only weapons that i am able to use in the new form? more natural attacks? can someone give me an example plz?

oriong
2007-02-16, 01:54 AM
You never get additional natural attacks due to high BAB, although your BAB does provide the attack bonus for them, you simply don't get iterative attacks with them. If your form is capable of weilding a weapon then you can get multiple attacks with that weapon.

And master transmogrifist does not have any abilities that grant supernatural or spell like abilities of a form he assumes, although a specific spell might grant these abilities (and some feats as well). For instance the Shapechange spell grants you supernatural (but not spell like) abilities of the assumed form.

Fizban
2007-02-16, 03:57 AM
You might be able to get your DM to let you adapt a version of the psionic feat that lets you get a Su ability when using metamorphisis, but it's not meant to be done standard.

You never get iterative (extra from high BAB) attacks with a natural weapon, but when you have multiple natural weapons you get to use all of them in a full attack, and they all derive from your full BAB. Most of the time you get more natural weapons than you would have attacks, especially as a spellcaster.

And, while I know you were looking for advice for the transmogrofist, I still have to say, it's not that good. Aside from the cheese available with polymorph it doesn't give you anything that useful. It's signature spell should be shapechange, but if you max your levels in the class you won't be able to cast it before epic. You'd be better off using a variant to increase your base BAB, hit die, etc, and just using polymorph as is IMO.

Person_Man
2007-02-16, 09:57 AM
If you have to ask, you shouldn't use them. Polymorph is generally considered a game breaking spell. Transmogrifist is generally considered a munchkin prestige class. I ban both of them. You should avoid both unless your DM is playing a high level campaign and you have a very strong handle on the rules.

And this is me saying this. I bitch at people for taking sub-optimal feats pretty much every day. But there are some crunch that just ruin the game for everyone.