PDA

View Full Version : The Eagle in the Den of the Red Bear ~ Persona in the Playground

Mono Vertigo
2014-05-22, 04:33 PM
When there are fewer bathrooms than bathroom users, it's only a matter of days, no, hours before a problem arises.
Today is not Lenora's lucky day, who knocks on the first door she walks across before bothering to remember which rooms are whose, and that door happens to be Levi's.

Morbis Meh
2014-05-22, 05:13 PM
The booming voice of Levi rang throughout the pristine lavatory as he sang a song in Russian while scrubbing his brand new tub. He had to fight tooth and nail to get this baby in here and had to arrange for its installation (most of which he did himself) but it had been worth it so far. If the army had taught him anything it was clean anything in the bathroom after or even before using since you had no idea who was going to use it next or who already had used it.

<Russian>"God damned Japanese and their bloody trend with all natural cleaning products, it takes forever to scrub with this nonsense. Sure I can smuggle liquor into this backwards country but try to bring a bottle of industrial strength cleaner and you're treated like a freaking terrorist. I blame it all on the yuppie wannabe hippies and their pot induced stupidity...FOR F*** SAKES it doesn't even burn your skin on contact! HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS FLOWERY S--T IS CLEANING ANYTHING?!?!" </Angry Russian>

A knock at the door causes the Russian to pause suspiciously By Rasputin's pickled testicles, who the hell is bothering me at a time like this? I should shoot them in the knee caps and watch them hobble away. Getting up from the floor, Levi stalks towards the door and opens the door. He is truly a sight to behold, sporting a white apron, bright yellow rubber gloves, a red handkerchief bandana and armed with a cleaning brush while smelling slightly of pine.

He gazes down at his would be intruder and suddenly grins broadly "Why Comrade Sarg, what a pleasant surprise, I would have thought you would have sent a servant to see such a lowly person such as myself. How may I help you?"

Mono Vertigo
2014-05-23, 09:04 AM
The truth is, Lenora hardly ever had to seek a bathroom in an emergency. Yet another fundamental human experience she'd missed so far, along with convincing your parents you're really too sick to go to school. Or indulging in a long-awaited meal when you're famished. Or being famished, period.
And of all the people she could finally have learnt the importance of words like "please" and "thank you" with, it had to be Levi.
She stares at him, from top to bottom, back again. Opens her mouth, closes it, almost forgets her request until her bladder reminds her, opens it again, and sadly, speaks up.
"Nice... clothes. Yeah. I mean, my bathroom's occupied, and I have a pressing need", she states. "Is your bathroom occupied?"

Morbis Meh
2014-05-23, 09:37 AM
Levi quietly assesses Lenora: the anxious tone in her voice, the erratic jerking of her body, and the slight scrunching of her face pointed to one GLORIOUS conclusion, she had to pee. Thank you dear lord for the blessing you have granted me, your ever faithful servant, I swear to not pass up this offering...

"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, from my understanding each lavatory contains enough stalls for all of its occupants so unless you currently have guests and everyone has decided to use facilities all at once, which maybe be true considering phenomena of women and their inability to go without an entourage, but I somehow doubt it." Crossing his arms, a smug expression forms on his face "You wish to use my bathroom? I will do you a favor since we are indeed teammates but may I ask you refrain from telling others. For ultra low rate of 500 American dollars you can have the serenity of an empty and clean bathroom for one hour... Time does not roll over after you exit this room."

Mono Vertigo
2014-05-23, 09:56 AM
"Come on", she protests, starting a little involuntary dance, "This-this is a dorm! You don't own the bathroom! You can't make me pay for it!"
But Levi, that magnificent bastard, has an offer Lenora can't refuse. One hour. She could take her time, correct her make-up, and her hair must need some brushing too...
And there's the dawning realization that sharing a bathroom with other girls means it's going to be occupied, frequently, for periods of time, because that's precisely what she does.
The other room she'd tried first was empty and locked, too. Thinking about it, the dorms seemed silent beside Levi's room.
"... 200 dollars."

Morbis Meh
2014-05-23, 10:04 AM
Levi keeps his smile plastered on his face "You're busting my balls American, I have sick mama back home and I need to buy her medicine, 400; Did I mention that I had a bath tub installed in my washroom and none of this lame shower business the Japanese are fond of? It is freshly clean as well, hence my current appearance." Levi didn't need the money, he had almost a nigh infinite budget courtesy of the Russian military, this was just some fun on the side he wished have. Of course exploiting Lenora of all people was too delicious of an opportunity to pass up, though he would be discreet about their arrangement but he wouldn't stop other from thinking other thoughts about her visits.

Mono Vertigo
2014-05-23, 10:16 AM
Oh, yeah, if he was cleaning the place, that'd explain his appearance.
... don't they have cleaning staff here?
Oh, well, if everybody else does it, so can she. She'll learn. (There is nonetheless a psychological shiver directed at that idea.)
"You've got a bath tub too?"
Another pause. The girl manages to look thoughtful, in contrast with the tortured lower half of her body.
"... 250. Why would you need 400 anyway? Is the anti-obesity medication that expensive back in Russia?"

Morbis Meh
2014-05-23, 10:24 AM
Levi nods "Why yes I do, one of those newfangled creations with massaging jets in it, admittedly that was all I could get considering Japan doesn't carry standard tubs because space is a luxury." In his mind he laughed darkly about the anti obesity comment Oh yes because corpses get so fat feeding on worms and dirt..

"Medicine has recently changed hands from state control to corporately funded so yes they have indeed gone up by a significant margin. I will take nothing less than 350 but I will be generous and throw in fresh beluga caviar, a glass off high quality Russian vodka (with whatever mix you desire) and I will even play for you while you relax." He steps back, opening the door enough for Lenora to catch a glimpse of his piano. "And in you were wondering, I was offered a full scholarship to the St. Petersburg Conservatory at the age of 15 so I can guarantee music of the highest quality."

Mono Vertigo
2014-05-23, 11:06 AM
"I'll have to check the bathtub first to be sure you're not lying. 250 for just the toilet, and I'll pay 100 more if I wish to use the rest. It's that or nothing." Unsaid follow-up: "... or I run through half the building for a bathroom, breaking speed world records in the process, looking furiously because I haven't memorized where all the bathrooms were, because I'd deemed it a waste of my time".
Somehow, this has turned in some... bathroom... renting... negotiation? Lenora wonders what her father would think if he knew that. He'd be thoroughly disappointed, maybe. He seemed to be that kind of man. Or maybe he'd be amused? No idea. It doesn't matter, anyway.
"Now, you're kidding about the music." As if that was the most ridiculous element of this conversation!

Morbis Meh
2014-05-23, 12:30 PM
Levi's face goes stern "I never joke about music, if you doubt me, I will give you a free performance... Though I can see you have other pressing matters, come in you can listen as you relieve yourself but before going inside let me grab you something." He leaves the door open and strides towards the door leading to his room, unlocking in and quickly shutting the door behind him. He is only away for a few minutes before returning from his room, locking the door behind him, and walked up to Lenora presenting a device that oddly looked like a calculator had an affair with a smart phone. "This is an RF scanner, it detects wired and wireless signal transmitters. I have already swept place for bugs but I will allow you to use to ensure I am not recording you in anyway as you perform your private business. The LD lights indicate presence of transmitting device and beeping frequency reveal relative strength. Now will that be cash, credit, or cheque?"

Mono Vertigo
2014-05-24, 08:58 AM
Levi's serious reaction perplexes Lenora, who stops tap-dancing for a second, silent.
Once he's back, she takes only one look at the device before dashing away, and coming back with a few bills. "Cash. I didn't know you had knowledge of the meaning of the word 'integrity'. Of course, you know that if you're lying and there's any sort of leak, my lawyer will ruin your life, okay, take the money, I'm going~!"
She rushes into the bathroom, slams the door... then opens it, head peeking out, distinctly says "oh, and thank you', then the door closes again.

Morbis Meh
2014-05-24, 12:44 PM
Levi sneers when lawyers are mentioned as he counts the bills A lawyer will not save you from me child... While you sit here you sit on official Russian territory After the door closes he moves to the piano and caresses it lovingly before lifting up the fall board. Sitting down he thinks for a moment then begins softly playing Beethoven's Appassionata (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QImFm4Y_QPM) not caring if she likes the piece or not but playing because he felt like it. He had half a mind to shut off the water to the bathroom to cause her to freak out but he decided against it, best not to freak out a client the first time around.

Mono Vertigo
2014-05-25, 05:13 PM
While Lenora spends an amount of time doing only-girls-know-what in the bathroom, she does comes out a bit earlier than one might have feared.
With a knowing smile, she waits for Levi to be done playing to talk. "So you were serious. Really nice. Why haven't you pursued music for a career?"

Morbis Meh
2014-05-26, 09:35 AM
Levi gives her a smug look "You do realize that I am not much older than you Sarg, who knows if making play of hero falls through I just may follow in my mother's footsteps. Now unless we have further business, which means another payment, then I will ask you kindly to vacate my premises." He lowers the fall board gently before standing and walks over towards the door in case they were finished.

Mono Vertigo
2014-05-27, 09:28 AM
"Let's be fair, your size and facial hair isn't helping us remember your actual age, you big Russian", she replies, equally smugly, "But you still could be playing Beethoven somewhere else, instead of being in this weird school, fighting monsters that nobody knows exist".
She starts walking out, but before she fully leaves Levi's room, she talks again. "You know, I could probably deal with sharing my bathroom with several other girls on a daily basis. It's just going to be a matter of logistics and planning. I'm not desperate enough to throw away money regularly for that, especially when you're the other party involved. Fool me once, and all that. However...", she muses, "... there's the piano. That's one side of you I don't mind. Didn't think I'd find one. I have another deal for you. Forget bathroom arrangements. But I'd pay to listen to you playing music instead."
There's a sly gleam in her eyes.

Morbis Meh
2014-05-28, 10:14 AM
The big man chuckles "My your way with words is awe inspiring; really, 'Big Russian'? You sound like a grade schooler Sarg, if I was much older than you I would be teaching you and not beside you in class... though I admit I am currently taking university level courses." He crosses his arms and regards her coolly "If I didn't know any better I would say you're trying to convince me to leave, is my company that repulsive to you Sarg? As for the bathroom, that be your own choice, saves me the effort of having to clean tub on more frequent basis. Your other proposition, I am rather surprised that someone of this current generation is appreciative of the arts and not this new age 'Bieber' sh*t. If you wish for me to play simply slide your song requests under my door and I will give you a day and time. After all, you may select a piece that is currently outside my repertoire; oh and no new music, I can't stand that atonal garbage."

Mono Vertigo
2014-05-29, 11:45 AM
"Heh. I received a proper cultural education. One of the few things my parents did right. As for your company, it's nowhere as repulsive as I wish it were. You can do a lot better than that."
Her smile shifts to a bitter grin. There should only be three relations between people: pure love, pure hate, and perfect apathy. Too bad there is actually a whole assortment mixing 2, or even the 3 of them in varying quantities.
"It sounds good to me. I shall think of a list for next time. Enjoy your immaculate bathroom."
And on that, she finally leaves.

Morbis Meh
2014-05-29, 11:59 AM
Levi waits for the door to shut, finally soundproofing him from the outside he begins to laugh maniacally "Oh just wait little girl... You have no idea what you're getting yourself into, soon rumors will begin appearing and I will gently nurture them as they fester until your name become gangrenous. Now to do a little background research on her father and his enterprise...."