PDA

View Full Version : Muckdweller Adept Brainstorming: Touch spell caster?

Snowbluff
2014-05-22, 05:22 PM
Unseelie Muckdweller Unarmed Swordsage1/Martial Wizard3/Swordsage+1/Jade Pheonix Mage

Feats:
F: Shadow Blade
F: Two Weapon Fighting
1:
Racial: Weapon Finesse
Swordsage: Improved Unarmed Strike.

I'll also be working on picking up Arcane Strike. The plan is to fight with multiple attacks, combined with touch/level spells. I'll be adding Underfoot Combat, Confound the Big Folk, and Craven as appropriate. I'll have to stick a level of swordsage later on for Assassin's Stance, assuming it'll be allowed for prereqs.

So, can I TWF my unarmed strikes and touch attacks? What are the best touch/level spells?

Ellowryn
2014-05-22, 05:50 PM
I Do not believe you can use TWF with touch attacks or natural, just with your unarmed attacks. There is a feat chain to get extra attacks out of natural attacks, but i believe it requires a minimum of 3 natural attacks (out of Draconomicon or Savage Species).

Also, this isnt the first time stuff has been posted about this race, where is it from?

Snowbluff
2014-05-22, 05:55 PM
Well, the rules for touch spells say you are considered armed.

Serpent Kingdom.

Ellowryn
2014-05-22, 06:05 PM
True, but isnt using the touch attack a part of casting the spell, and therefor its own separate action?

And those are hideous little buggers.

Snowbluff
2014-05-22, 06:12 PM
It's an attack. Normally, you get a free action to use a touch attack, but you can still use it if you haven't discharged it on the following rounds.

Glorious, ugly dudes. :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2014-05-22, 06:13 PM
A dip into Urban Brawler Barbarian would let you TWF with your Unarmed Strike and if you choose to hold a touch attack spell you can then use it as part of an unarmed strike or natural weapon attack, though I believe that limits you to every other round unless you've got the spells as swift actions.

Snowbluff
2014-05-22, 06:19 PM
Touch/level spells, like Chill Touch, should let me make multiple attacks.

I don't think I want to dip Barb. Levels are tight.

Ellowryn
2014-05-22, 06:25 PM
Pg 141 in PhB says that making touch attacks with spells is a standard action, unless you are touching willing targets and then you can touch up to 6 as a full round action. However, if you cast a spell such as chill touch, every round after the first you can apply the spell to your unarmed attacks, so if you have say 5 uses of chill touch and 3 attacks a around you could potentially affect the target with the spell 3 times.

Snowbluff
2014-05-22, 06:50 PM
Exactly!

Where's Curmudgeon? He might have some insight. I'll go check my Rules Compendium.

Coidzor
2014-05-22, 07:19 PM
Touch/level spells, like Chill Touch, should let me make multiple attacks.

I don't think I want to dip Barb. Levels are tight.

Hmm, yeah, it doesn't specify 1/round in the spell itself, so might be able to use multiple in one round, or at least stretch it out across multiple rounds.

Yeah, it's just the only way I can think of to TWF like that outside of Pathfinder's Magus. :/ I mean, some people houserule that you can TWF with unarmed strikes, but it seems like most of the RAW is on the side of unarmed strike being a single attack(though muddied) and only the Urban Brawler specifically gets out of that paradigm unless it's taken as an example rather than a specific exception.

Snowbluff
2014-05-22, 07:21 PM
Yeah, it's a handy dip. Thanks.

I think I might just TWF a short sword and the unarmed. :p