PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help Wajam piggybacking

Landis963
2014-05-22, 08:02 PM
Due to a recent misclick, Wajam was installed on my Chrome. I've done the official uninstaller, I've done the Control Panel option (My computer is Windows 7), I appear to have done everything I can to remove the extension from my browser and life, but the buttons to Facebook and Twitter that it added to my New Tab page appear to resist all forms of removal. The extension itself is not present on the Google Chrome extension page.

Can anybody help? I'd really like this gone.

Max™
2014-05-22, 11:39 PM
http://www.pcrisk.com/computer-technician-blog/general-information/7105-how-to-remove-a-managed-google-chrome-extension

Looks like that should do it, if you can get the developer options to display the code so you can find and remove the registry key related to it.

MarySelina
2016-12-13, 09:40 PM
Due to a recent misclick, Wajam was installed on my Chrome. I've done the official uninstaller, I've done the Control Panel option (My computer is Windows 7), I appear to have done everything I can to remove the extension from my browser and life, but the buttons to Facebook and Twitter that it added to my New Tab page appear to resist all forms of removal. The extension itself is not present on the Google Chrome extension page.

Can anybody help? I'd really like this gone.

Wajam is an adware program that can serve you lots of annoying ads on the webpage you visit. Usually, the pop-up ads generated by adware are labeled with Ads by Wajam, Wajam ads, powered by Wajam, generated by Wajam, etc. When you see these signals, you should realize that your PC may be infected with adware program. Wajam is a stubborn adware that infects users' PCs constantly. Once the adware is installed, you may bring other malicious programs on your machine that may endanger your privacy security and damage your system. Such dangerous adware should be quickly removed with the help of the manual removal way or a real-time anti-malware program like Malwarebytes, SpyHunter, Plumbytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Chrome Cleanup Tool, TDSSKiller, etc.

Adware enters the computer mainly bundled with freeware such as Media Player, Flash Player, etc. When downloading the free software, you should go to its official website or other reliable sites. In addition, you should pay attention to the software installation process. Always select the Advanced or Custom Install and uncheck any additional programs. Besides, you also need to read the Terms of Use carefully and never agree to install any recommended software although it claims to help you enhance your browsing experience. Those extra programs are usually some malware programs. Be careful. If you want to know more information about adware, you can take a few time to read this Infographic.