PDA

View Full Version : The Surprise Visit

Glarx
2014-05-22, 10:20 PM
The missive had taken her by surprise. It told her much, but also asked much in return. Such a letter was to be taken with caution, but that didn't matter much. Putting on her Westerosi apparel, Princess Nadia went back to the quarters of House Malwood. It was time to meet with the head of the house once again.

Noedig
2014-05-22, 10:28 PM
Ser Bernard stood outside the door this time, along with two other knights. Security had apparently been increased since the last time Nadia had come to call. Bernard and the knights bowed as she approached.

"Greetings, Princess Nadia. How may I be of service?"

Glarx
2014-05-22, 10:28 PM
"It's pleasant to see you again, Ser Bernard. I was hoping to speak with Lord Malwood, if he had a free moment."

Noedig
2014-05-22, 10:49 PM
"I see. I will see if my lord is available."

Bernard disappeared through the door, which shut behind him. He was gone for several minutes, during which time the other two knights stared silently into space. Bernard re-emerged from the door with a severe looking frown.

"My lord will see you. Please, come with me."

The door opened fully into the antechamber where there were two more knights. Bernard led Nadia past them into Hugon's chambers, where he closed the door behind him, leaving only the three of you present.

"My Lord is on the balcony."

The doors to the balcony are opened, midday sunlight spilling through them and a pleasant breeze filling the room. Hugon sits in a luxuriantly cushioned chair looking out over the city to the north. Next to him sits a small round table with two decanters of wine and a plate of half eaten food and a few feet away sits another chair, also looking north.

He does not give any indication that he has heard your approach.

Glarx
2014-05-22, 10:52 PM
Nadia gave a nod to Ser Bernard before moving out onto the balcony. "Good afternoon, Lord Hugon. I was hoping I might be able to speak with you again." She remained standing. While she felt well within her rights to simply sit down, it felt more polite to wait to be invited. She smiled at the seated lord. "Our last meeting was somewhat brief."

Noedig
2014-05-22, 11:02 PM
Hugon rose from his seat, turned and bowed to the Princess. She was wearing Westerosi clothing again, thank the gods. He himself was only wearing breaches and a loose linen longshirt. All manner of unpleasant things swirled in his head but he crushed them into a small, quiet corner of his mind. This was a High Lady. Proper respect had to be shown. He put on a pleasant face and spoke.

"Good afternoon, Princess. I was just enjoying the view and the warmth of the sun. Would you care to join me? I have some wine left, if you need drink."

Glarx
2014-05-22, 11:07 PM
"Thank you," she replied cheerfully, taking the seat but not the wine. "Unless you've changed drastically in the last week, your son's advice to me should still be valid. I won't attempt to put on a facade on chatter away your time. I've heard you learned where he and I met, and you aren't exactly thrilled by your prospective daughter in law. I'd like to hear more about that from you directly." She looked out across King's Landing, taking in the view. The sun was warm, but it was not the familiar warmth of Dorne. This was the cold star of the North, the impostor sun who masqueraded as a giver of life.

Noedig
2014-05-22, 11:21 PM
A half chuckle, half exhalation issued from Hugon's mouth as he took his seat again and resumed his northward vigil.

"Meeting in a brothel, rutting, deciding to marry and then rutting again. No, I am not exactly pleased but what is done is done. There is very little anyone can do to change it. Roric has always been impulsive. I was more surprised at your behavior than his."

He took a pull of wine from his goblet and was silent for a few minutes.

"The two of you have put me in an uncomfortable position, Princess. Did he tell you that as well?"

Glarx
2014-05-22, 11:28 PM
"Surely you've heard of the brothels of Dorne? The thousands of men who died a generation back, and the prevalence of unwed, hungry women who were left in the wake of that civil war? Perhaps you didn't think the Dornish nobility partook in the culture of our people." Uncomfortable position? He didn't know what Roric did in round two. "He did not say that, no, but I'm smart enough to realize it. One rarely wishes to marry off one's son to an absolute cognatic society, especially when the head of the Great House there is a woman. Is there any specific discomfort, Lord Hugon, or is it simply the situation in its entirety?"

Noedig
2014-05-22, 11:52 PM
"I am familiar with the proclivities of the Dornish people. In the time of my grandfather's grandfather we were not so restrained, so that is not where my discomfort lies. Did you know that Alyssa Ray is not overfond of you? Let me answer that; probably. Did you also know that she actively seeks validation for her dislike?By coincidence or some twist of fate, the same night you and my son were ravishing the whores of the street of silk, I swore an oath to uphold my slain cousin's treaty with House Ray. I won't insult your intelligence by going in to what that could mean."

Hugon took another sip of wine, then slid the table across the marble tiles toward Nadia's chair. He turned his head slightly to her.

"There is also the fact that my grandchild could be growing inside of you."

Glarx
2014-05-22, 11:58 PM
That was certainly new.

"I realized she didn't care for me, yes. I hadn't realized the extent..." Nadia sighed and rubbed her eyes. "All I want is peace. Really. Is that so much to ask for? That a war not erupt while I'm alive?" She looked over at Hugon. "So if Lady Ray decides she wants to invade Dorne, your treaty will mean you need to devote your forces to helping, is that the gist? I'm not familiar with the specifics of your cousin's treaty.

"As for your grandchild, that may be true. I admit a curiosity -- if I do have the union of Martell and Malwood inside of me, would it be your first grandchild?" There was a giddiness in her voice, and she pressed a hand to the front of her dress, biting her lip in a vain effort to prevent the smile.

Noedig
2014-05-23, 12:13 AM
"My daughters were virgins when I left, and my wife is a damned sight more ferocious than I am when it comes them, so yes. Should you bear my son's child, it will be our first grandchild. If you do become pregnant, the marriage cannot be stopped. My son's honor would demand that he offer to take you as his wife, and to prevent scandal, my wife and I would have to consent. And if the Rays lost all sense and declared war with Dorne, I would be torn between loyalties. I cannot forsake my oath, but I cannot war against my family, whether I approve of them or no."

Hugon stood and walked to the balcony. He leaned against the railing and looked out over the city.

"We all need a common enemy, otherwise we will fall into infighting and power snatching. The North could be, and more than likely is, that common enemy. War, as hideous and wicked as it is, may yet be our salvation."

Glarx
2014-05-23, 12:23 AM
The Princess of Dorne looked over at Hugon, tilting her head to the side. "I agree. It's my hope we'll see the North lower its hackles, but the whole of the Seven Kingdoms are perched on the precipice. Without knowing how much we owe the Iron Bank of Braavos, and without any way of verifying how much we owe the Iron Bank of Braavos, we will soon find a common enough enemy. Lord Stark may be funded by the Bank, if we do not resolve the potential situations soon, and such a benefactor would be able to rival the six other kingdoms together. If we can deal with the civil issues soon, perhaps our new King will be able to handle the international threats looming."

She stood and moved next to Lord Malwood. "I admit, I would like you to like me. Marrying your son would be a delight, but if I am loathed by my new father- and mother-in-law, and my new sisters-in-law... Your son tells me you like facts. So, let's look at the facts. This union is beneficial to you. You gain a trade partner who is either the richest or second-richest in all of Westeros. Through the blood-bond, you'll have whatever protection I can offer you. Our lands are far enough apart that I clearly have no interest in attempting to annex them, so you need not fear some insidious undercurrent. But all of this must have gone through your mind. Something else is eating away at you. What can I do so that you do not revile my existence?"

Noedig
2014-05-23, 12:44 AM
Hugon chuckled.

"Revile is too strong a word, Princess. I do not hate you; you have only taken plans and expertly turned them on their heads. And I would like to believe that you had no knowledge of the plans you upset. I am thrilled that my son is seeking my love again. I am even more than a little happy he wishes to marry, and well for that matter. Is the situation uncomfortable by Westerosi standards? Yes. Will I conquer it? Absolutely."

He turned his back to the view and leaned against the balcony. He scratched his beard.

"I am sending Roric home. I need him in the Vale. Bernard will accompany him. They leave by ship in four days. When they reach home, they will take control of whatever army I have left. No doubt he asked you to accompany him?"

Glarx
2014-05-23, 12:49 AM
"He has," she replied, nodding as she spoke. There wasn't much else to add -- any assurance she could give him that she did not know of his plans would sound hollow, even though it was entirely the truth (the fate of any accomplished politician). She was also happy Roric had sought to mend the relationship he had with his father, although letting Hugon know that would push him out of his comfort zone. She was happy he thought his son would be marrying well.

"I'm uncertain as to whether or not I can. If I leave before the coronation of the new king, Lady Ray may use the opportunity to further this apparent disgust she feels for me. I would rather not return to the capital, to find the whole of the court poisoned against me. I wish to meet your wife, the Lady Malwood. I would enjoy seeing the Vale, and doing so with your son. And I would really enjoy your son not being dispatched to lead an army against the North when he's my intended. This is something of a conundrum for me."

Noedig
2014-05-23, 07:12 AM
Hugon looked at Nadia for a moment and decided to trust her. It would be interesting to see what she would do.

"He and Bernard will be there to make sure my army doesn't disintegrate while I'm away. Desertion and banditry are on the rise in the Vale. It would seem that the Graugleds enjoyed a rather large army, but did not go about paying them too well. When I inherited their lands and military, I also inherited their problems. I have nearly sixty thousand soldiers and sailors that I cannot pay. If I can't figure out how, my army of sixty thousand will become an army of well trained bandits and expert pirates. There are three people in Westeros who know of the critical weakness House Malwood is facing. You are one of them."

Glarx
2014-05-23, 06:34 PM
Nadia smiled at the city. "I think I will have a glass of wine, actually." Pouring herself a glass, holding it up so the sunlight could filter through the rich red liquid, she considered what she'd just heard. "Is that a large army? I have eighty three thousand on the march from Dorne already. Your troops are undoubtedly more elite than my own, though." Sipping the wine, moving back to the balcony, Nadia gave Hugon a nod.

"How much is the deficit per month?"

Noedig
2014-05-23, 07:13 PM
Hugon snorted with laughter, and hid his surprise in the process. With that army...
"No, princess. Medium, perhaps. Sixty thousand is a bump in the road on the open fields with the numbers arraying against us. Just big enough to be unwieldy, but still too small to win in the open, at least in my opinion. If it were up to me I would've disbanded and reorganized the whole lot of them, but with the North baring its teeth I cannot afford to not have them. As is, without allies there's little I can do but sit in my mountains and bleed the enemy dry if they decide to try for the Vale."

Hugon took a sip of his own wine and studied Nadia.

"Four hundred and fifty thousand in gold per month. That is my current deficit. Two things will make that problem go away: Gold or casualties. I may be savage, but I'm not a monster, so it has to be gold. I have never owed a coin to anyone, and I'm loathe to approach the Iron Bank. That's a hole I will never climb out of if I fall in."

He finished the rest of his wine and went back to pour another. He spoke as he poured, his back to Nadia and an easy, conversational tone in his voice.

"That is a mighty force you have, Princess. Enough to make some of us sweat a little. I had wondered if Alyssa's apprehension was a product of some youthful foolishness or something more substantial. I am beginning to see why she is always asking people what they think of you."

Glarx
2014-05-23, 07:39 PM
"Her brother was the one who told me where to put my troops," she said with a shrug. "And my population is perhaps half of what the Rays have. If you are concerned with the size of one's military, perhaps listening to the instigator of these vicious rumors would be less in your interest. Her insane father already threatened my life. I make no secret of it: I have no good will towards Lord Marris Ray. The man is a lout, and until he and his family apologize to me I'll kindly ask them to leave me alone.

"How about this: I'll buy every export you might have, and I'll do it at a percentage higher than the King's Standard. In addition, I'll provide you with the rest of the gold necessary to maintain your army. So long as you don't attack me or prevent my marriage to your son, you'll get the money for your troops. Everyone wins, no?"

She sipped her wine and sighed. "Don't forget, the Starks and the Targaryens together had the mightiest military. Where the Targaryen troops are now is unknown, but the North's military dwarfs the Rays from what I understand. You may be concerned about my troops, but remember they're heading towards the Twins solely for the sake of preventing a downward sweep. Lord Ridkard and Lady Mountry were both present when the decision was made, and they both chimed in themselves. This is not the solemn march of the conqueror. I would rather my men stay in Dorne. But when I thought I was to be queen, I figured the wellbeing of the Seven Kingdoms was paramount. If you and the other High Lords will allow Harkard Ray to traipse about unmolested but wish for my men to stay back, by all means. I'll happily leave you to your fate."

Noedig
2014-05-23, 08:38 PM
Hugon laughed, a real laugh and his first for many days, as he turned back to Nadia and joined her at the railing.

"Gods, you sound just like Corenna; casually brutal negotiating, quietly delivered ultimatums. Oh the two of you should get along famously, when you aren't trying to claw each other's eyes out. Prod you just enough and you do that Targaryen blood of yours justice. Cheers,"

He hoisted his goblet and took a drink.

"In honesty? I would give less than a pile of horse **** to hear what Alyssa Ray thinks. Her opinions are interesting, even enlightening on occasion, but she is not the head of her house. For such a talented political creature, she did not hesitate to inform every high lord and lady of her insecurities. I deal with her because I need the Rays, and Ridkard is off moping somewhere like a child. Oh, and I hope you'll forgive this, but I was going to lean on Roric to marry Alyssa before the two of you got 'acquainted.' Lucky for the both of you, no? And no, princess, you bring your entire army northward, and stop for nothing til you reach the Twins. You'll have my full support on the matter if it comes up in council."

He set his goblet on the banister and raked a hand through his hair, for a moment becoming the picture of an older version of his son.

"Can I really say anything but yes? You offer me exactly what I want, what I need and ask for so, so little in return. My son is already yours, regardless of what his mother or myself would say. I think he would elope if we told him no. And, at the end of it, I need that gold if we want to survive what the North is planning. You should tread carefully, princess. I may start to like you yet."

Glarx
2014-05-23, 08:48 PM
Nadia smirked. "My entire army, or the eighty thousand I've sent?" She finished her glass and set it next to Hugon's. "I'm happy I met him before he and Lady Alyssa did. Now, let's see... I've secured passage through Mountry lands, to ensure there would be no misunderstandings... the King's Lands are the only real stretch I'll need to worry about. I shouldn't imagine there'll be a great issue with it, but meeting with the King will be important." She leaned against the banister, crossing her arms beneath her impressive bust and grinning at her soon-to-be father-in-law.

"We'll get the details hammered out soon for the economic treaty, and then we'll settle the deficit thereafter. I need a strong Vale of Arryn. My heart aside, you're the North's first challenge, really. I'd like to make sure you're in a position to really offer such a challenge."

Noedig
2014-05-23, 09:07 PM
Hugon returned the smirk and nodded at her statement before returning to his chair. He sat heavily, enjoying the cushions.

"Out of curiosity, you haven't told anyone that you are marrying my son, have you? Not that I particularly care either way. The worst it will do is annoy some people, krinkle some noses, raise some eyebrows and cause an endless ripple of whispers to emanate from King's Landing. Fairly normal, really. The small folk were already talking about my son's escapades in the brothels, but they do love to talk idly. I'm sure it will reach noble ears eventually. I haven't decided if I should announce the impending marriage or not. What do you think?"

Glarx
2014-05-23, 09:10 PM
"People aren't going to like my marriage. They don't care a great deal for the customs of my people, after all. There is no need for a lavish wedding, and there is no need for an announcement. Let the people find out as they will. Let them ask, let them consider. There's no point in letting them chew on the truth, when they might simply gnaw on the speculation. That's where the fun is, after all. Unless you would rather tell them? I am not in strict opposition to the idea."

Noedig
2014-05-23, 09:30 PM
"I suppose it doesn't really matter, does it? Some form of the knowledge will reach them eventually, be it truth, fiction or a mix. Gnaw on speculation indeed. They'll worry it like a hungry wolfhound with a bone. Speaking of the customs of your people, your first husband is Harold Martell and you have one child already, Hector. How...how does it work in Dorne? Having multiple husbands or wives I mean. I would have thought that the infighting would be terrible. I confess that your people's ways are a significant gap in my knowledge."

Glarx
2014-05-23, 09:39 PM
Nadia moved over to the other chair, thinking back wistfully of her time in Dorne. "Polygamy became a necessity. So many men had died in the civil war. The next generation would have been supremely crippled or reduced. Now, we do not face that problem, but the culture has been changed. Some families consider a hierarchy of spouses, with interlocking communities arising from the marriage bonds. Others prefer monogamy, either for financial or personal reasons. There is no stigma attached to it. As for the infighting, why would we fight among ourselves? No one owns their spouse. They are in an equitable relationship. In several ways, it is reminiscent of merchants -- so long as no one damages the family, they are the equal of the others. For the Martells, it is slightly different. I'm the Princess of Dorne, after all, so any partnership with me must incorporate some lack of parity.

"The people of Dorne have been isolationist for decades. We've preferred to stay out of the business of the Seven Kingdoms, to pay our taxes and maintain our boundaries. It may be difficult for Roric to adjust, or he may find himself unhappy with the arrangement. I imagine he will wish to reside in King's Landing or the Vale of Arryn, and I will not require him to accompany me or to stay in Sunspear. Once we have a child, however, it may be Roric's responsibility to train the child. My family can help in that respect, and I imagine yours may have a vested interest in it as well.

"The issue of claims is one that must be dealt with. I wish for a matrilineal marriage, and I imagine you do not. We'll need to determine the terms of the marriage -- and, more importantly, determine whether a Malwood or a Martell grows inside of me."

Noedig
2014-05-23, 10:50 PM
"There could be many reasons for infighting, couldn't there? And it wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with ownership of a spouse. Consider a man who has chosen to take a second wife. He has children by both of them and decides that his first son by his first wife will be his heir. What if the second wife wishes her children to be heirs? What if she should take it into her mind to remove the obstacles to her own children. It is horrible, but infanticide does happen. Unless households in Dorne are in a perfect state of harmony, which I somewhat doubt, there is conflict."

Hugon shifted in his seat and diverted the conversation away from the murder of children.

"Where Roric chooses to live is his business. He is a man, grown and soon to be married. He is also willful, as you no doubt have guessed. He will likely do what pleases him or you, whichever he fancies for the day. But he will be father to whatever child he sires. That I do have some measure of control over."

He sat up in his chair and stretched.

"The terms of the marriage are tricky. My house is patrilineal and has always placed great stock on its sons. It is through them that the line continues, like much of Westeros. Now, my family in particular has been known in the past to invest its authority in daughters if no son is available. I am blessed with two. Setting inheritors aside for a moment, I suppose it would be important to determine what claim Roric would have on Dorne as a result of this marriage. I would suspect none, but again, I am unfamiliar with your customs. Similarly with any of my grandchildren. You have an heir already. It would eliminate a potential rivalry to say any children Roric sires would be Malwoods. My son will likely also want a say in the matter, if that is allowed."

Glarx
2014-05-23, 10:55 PM
"It would be unthinkable. We do not hurt children in Dorne." She looked over at Hugon, her eyes as hard as rocks. "Even if a child did not come from you, it came from your spouse. Your lover. You may not like the other women, the other men -- although it would be an inconsiderate lover who married a wife your first did not care for -- but the children are the family's. Insofar as the heirs are concerned, the firstborn of the current holder of the title is the first heir. In the event Hector was harmed or incapacitated, or if he opted to pass on the title, my next-born would be the claimant. I'm not going to give birth to Malwoods, Lord Hugon."

Noedig
2014-05-23, 11:16 PM
"I'm sure decent people everywhere would abhor the thought of harming children. But not all people are decent. And it's not my intention to offend, I'm simply posing questions, some because I am ignorant and others because I wish to here what you say, in the hopes of alleviating concerns I have. As to giving birth to Malwoods, why then did you pose the question if they were always going to be Martells? If the worst happens and Roric, Elayne and Elise all die, will my house simply cease because you are the mother of Roric's children and those children will not be Malwoods? I'm likely misunderstanding your words, of course, but you see my point."

Glarx
2014-05-23, 11:26 PM
"I did not ask, I merely pointed out that we needed to have this discussion," Nadia replied calmly. "If all three of your children die, and you have no siblings, and your wife does not produce more children in the interim, then that would constitute an atrocious amount of misfortune. In such a situation, I imagine your House would indeed cease to be. You could strike a matrilineal marriage as well for your daughters, of course. I have a brother who could wed one of your daughters, who would much prefer not to be 'lord' of anything more than his marble quarries. So long as you don't mind his experimentation and research, he could produce children with your daughter and they would be Malwoods in name and legality. Or you could find any number of Dornishmen who could fit such a scenario. I'm certain a Northerner might agree to the situation, although I would suggest cutting out his heart after he produced a child. Men can be... pernicious."

"The reason this discussion is important is because I did not wish for there to be any misunderstandings or assumptions, and I certainly want no ill will or bad blood. Your name need not be passed on purely through the male line. And it's hard to pretend to be my bastard, since I know how many times a life has gestated within me -- meanwhile, men can produce scores of bastards, sometimes accidentally, sometimes without even engaging in copulation." Nadia waved a hand, dismissing the thought. "Regardless. With your army well funded, and reinforcements stationed near the Twins, do you suspect your family will be killed before either daughter can reproduce?"

Noedig
2014-05-23, 11:48 PM
"Ah, see now your words are much clearer. And no, I don't anticipate that my family will suddenly and tragically come to their ends unless something truly catastrophic happens. All the options you brought up are known to exist, and will hopefully remain viable for some time. My daughters are still not quite marrying age, but I have no intention of dying anytime soon so I will leave the future of my House alone for now. I can accept my grandchildren being Martells. Likewise, a matrilineal marriage stings my pride somewhat, but pride is a foolish thing that I have long since learned to put aside. Would you perhaps consent to a marriage ritual that my house traditionally uses? Something of a family tradition, not required, but a good deal of fun."

Glarx
2014-05-23, 11:55 PM
"That depends entirely on the ritual," she replied softly, grinning at him. It was nice when people saw reason -- and almost five and a half million gold dragons per annum -- and assented to it.

Noedig
2014-05-24, 07:13 AM
"Your part is easy; merely a vigil in the Godswood our ancestral keep before you and my son are pronounced wed. Tradition holds that my wife would handle the details of your half, so I am not fully at liberty to discuss it should you consent. For Roric, it will mean a test of his determination, his devotion and his strength. A chance to see how far he will go and what he will endure to be with you. As his father, it is my duty to conduct his part of the ritual and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is worthy enough to wed. My own father demanded that I do the same when I wished to wed Corenna and I believe what we went through bound us together very strongly."

A smirk twitched across his face.

"There's also a great amount of drinking and feasting involved. As I said, a good bit of fun."

Glarx
2014-05-24, 08:08 PM
"I'll happily meet with Lady Malwood to discuss it further -- blindly agreeing to the customs of an alien culture have gotten me in trouble before." She gave him a smile before looking back over King's Landing. "This has been a remarkably productive meeting, Lord Hugon."

Noedig
2014-05-24, 08:36 PM
"I agree, and I'm glad you're at least willing to participate in our somewhat backward clan practices. If you don't mind terribly, I would like to discuss the new circumstances my son will find himself in with him personally, as well as some private family matters. I would like him to hear it from me first. I'm sure you'll get another letter about it though."

Hugon chuckled lightly and stood, turning to Nadia as he did so.

"If you must be off now, I understand. Though before you leave, princess, I would beg a small favor. I want to send a few gifts home to my wife and daughters when Roric leaves; it has been nigh on two months since I have seen them I miss them terribly. Did you bring any tailors with you? They've never seen Dornish clothing and it would be a nice surprise, especially for the twins. I'd happily buy them from you, if you wish."

He bowed respectfully to his equal and a small smile twitched across his face.

Glarx
2014-05-24, 08:40 PM
"I'm afraid I didn't bring any with me. I'm happy to provide you with some of my dresses, if you'd like? I can have some sent over."

Noedig
2014-05-24, 08:45 PM
Hugon looked slightly crest fallen, but nodded all the same.

"That would be very kind of you. Corenna is a hair shorter than you, and the twins are still growing. They're likely to be your height in a year or so, if not taller. The three of them have a small army of seamstresses to attend them, so it should not be too difficult to fit the clothing to them. Send whatever you think is best; I bow to the wisdom of women when it comes to fashion."

Glarx
2014-05-24, 08:53 PM
"I'll have a raven sent out tonight to let my tailors know to create garments for your family. I don't wish to insult you by giving you things I intended to wear!" She smiled and rubbed her eyes. "Do you miss your home, Lord Hugon?"

Noedig
2014-05-24, 09:29 PM
Hugon frowned and looked to the north.
"Every day. As we rode south, I would turn back each day at dawn and see how much the Giant's Lance had faded. I marked the spot on the side of the road where I lost sight of it completely and I haven't felt at ease since then. I hate this city; it stinks like a rotting wound and people live in their own filth."

He inhaled deeply and his frown twisted into a scowl as he emptied his lungs.

"We sit high above this place but still its reek reaches us. And if the air doesn't poison you, the nobles will. I want to go home, but a small part of me insists I will never see it again."

Glarx
2014-05-25, 05:06 PM
"After the coronation, perhaps you could take me up there to visit the area. Get us both out for a while. Clear our sinuses of King's Landing, of the nobility. We might even be able to get this little ritual of yours complete while I'm up there."

Noedig
2014-05-25, 09:53 PM
"I would like that. Yes, I think after we have a new king I will return home. See my family, enjoy the mountains, go hunting with my son. Help plan a wedding. You would do me much honor by joining me. The Vale is much colder than this city though. You may need warmer clothing."

Glarx
2014-05-25, 10:06 PM
Nadia frowned. "Ugh. Colder? How do you people manage this sort of existence..."

Do they devolve into smalltalk as the evening grows into the night, and Princess Nadia takes her leave? AKA Shall we conclude the scene?

Noedig
2014-05-25, 10:54 PM
Hugon chuckled and shook his head.

"You have yet to taste the cold, sweet summer-child. Why, I recall one winter..."

Yes I do believe our business is finished. Shame we couldnt argue more but your negotiating position is so much better than mine.