PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Looking for advice for a Diablo2 homebrew campaign

Wacky89
2014-05-23, 05:29 AM
Hi, so I'm gonna start a diablo 2 campaign with my players. I need ideas to not make it hack'n'slash only, al tho that will be a big part of it. I would like some non-combat encounters and npc interaction.

So I've come here to the playground for help :)
Any ideas would help, it doesn't have to be from the diablo 2 universe but it would be good if it was.

Ruethgar
2014-05-23, 07:05 AM
The Diablo 2 role playing game might help with that. I think I have a copy somewhere in storage...

atomicwaffle
2014-05-23, 08:18 AM
it's a noble endeavour, but i feel compelled to point out: Diablo 2 is an action-RPG focused heavily and centrally on combat and getting loot. You're fighting against type.

Jormengand
2014-05-23, 08:23 AM
There are NPCs to interact with in town. You can talk to them.

Out in the wild, you can easily find use for skills such as climb, hide/move silently, spot/listen/search, disable device and so forth. Those would be ways of avoiding combat encounters.

Wacky89
2014-05-23, 08:56 AM
true I know it is meant to be combat heavy, what about fun and interesting encounters? Any ideas? Maybe some puzzles or combat encounters where they need to make a decision, prisoners maybe?

dysprosium
2014-05-23, 11:04 AM
Did you know that there was a 3.0 official version of Diablo II?

Here is a link (https://www.wizards.com/dnd/main.asp?x=d2/diabloii,3) to the old Wizard's site.

The playtest is a free download as well as the secret cow level.

I've never actually used these things in a game of my own but it could give you some ideas for how you could build yours.