PDA

View Full Version : End of the Multiverse

atemu1234
2014-05-23, 08:47 AM
In an evil campaign I'm making, I've got a group of Vashar pcs. They're working against a group of good PCs, so I've got a very interesting game. The Vashar seek to commit ultimate deicide by ending the multiverse, while the good characters want to stop them (most of them are lawful good paladins). Now, mechanically, I need something capable of destroying the multiverse. I'd use Pandorym, and I did, but the players fed him to a gigantic bag of devouring. So, basically there is a problem with what to do now.

Eldan
2014-05-23, 08:57 AM
Define "end". Would wiping out all live be sufficient?

I suggest just looking at mythology and then scaling up. Such as:

Mythology: As part of Ragnarök is Fenrir eating the sun.
D&D: The prison layer of Elysium opens and out comes Fenris, a spirit of hunger and darkness from the birth of the multiverse, who makes his way through the astral and ethereal to the inner planes, where he will destroy the planes of fire, radiance and positive energy, ending all light and live forever.

Alternatively, there's always the Gorresh chasm for unspecified threatening evil.

John Longarrow
2014-05-23, 09:04 AM
Simple. Change the universal constant for gravity to cause the multiverse to collapse into a singularity.

Asrrin
2014-05-23, 09:21 AM
Destroy Sigil. It's the fulcrum of the multiverse and without it the multiverse will slowly unravel.

Good luck trying to do that though.

infomatic
2014-05-23, 09:41 AM
D&D has published a couple of these over the years already, right? Apocalypse Stone, Bastion of Broken Souls, Die Vecna Die, etc. are all appropriately multiversal.

Alternately, there's the Bottom Turtle Scenario (aka Yertlemeggedon). Someone has discovered that the universe is not turtles all the way down (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down), after all — there's a guy on the bottom, and somebody killed him.