PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Draconic Tiefling Paladin

Blackhawk748
2014-05-23, 12:06 PM
Ok, my group is playing Red Hand of Doom and im paranoid that i may have my first perma death. Ill be sad if Krang goes as hes absolutely nuts, but no matter what he'll have the greatest death scene ever, but i digress. So i have decided to make up a Draconic Tiefling Paladin as a back up character in case Krang buys it, the problem is its been so long since ive played a paladin ive pretty much forgot how to do it lol. First off my DM will probably let me make my own code (woot) so thats not a concern and i have access to pretty much anything, pending his approval, so without further ado the basic list.

Will fight primarily mounted.
Must have a Draconic Mount (i have a homebrewed creature for this but i would prefer to use a WotC monster)
Must be decent at fighting Dragons.

Ya thats it, i know maybe im making this to easy for you lol

Edit: ok i found my OP hat and The Paladin Handbook so i can actually give you guys something to work with
Draconic (LA bought Off) Tiefling
Paladin 6/ (havent really thought past this)

1 Mounted Combat, Ride By Attack (flaw: Frail)
3 Spirited Charge
5 (Drakkensteed Mount ACF)
6 Battle Blessing, Divine Might, or Divine Shield(Curse Breaker ACF)

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-23, 01:12 PM
You could pretty easily get the Drakkensteed (Dragon Magic) as Paladin mount, methinks. It even flies!

IIRC. There's a Paladin substitution level in the front of the book. and if you're willing to entertain the thought of applying the Dragonborn template (Races of the Dragon) there's a few racial sub levels that make you better at fighting dragons (in exchange for less so at fighting evil in general).

There's also the Platinum Knight (Draconomicon) which can double your divine grace bonus (against dragons) and wouldn't be too shabby in the RHoD.

Angelalex242
2014-05-23, 01:23 PM
From Book of Exalted Deeds, Vassal of Bahamut.

Read what Dragonwrack does. Twice.

Evil Dragons will be inclined to fly away rather then face the Vassal.

John Longarrow
2014-05-23, 01:37 PM
Dip Dragonslayer (Draconomicon) for immunity to fear.
See if you can multiclass Crusader for some good maneuvers.

Blackhawk748
2014-05-23, 01:41 PM
OH DEAR BEJEEZUS, that Dragonwrack is just freakin mean.

Saw the drakkensteed, realized it looks freakin sweet, and im now taking it.

Also Platinum Knight, not bad, not wonderful but not bad