PDA

View Full Version : Dark Gift of the Undying gone wrong

Mandrake
2014-05-23, 02:02 PM
Hi, Forum!

One of my players had died. The BBG resurrected him (since he didn't know who was calling, he accepted) and got a Vampire to turn him into a Vampire. The ritual has already started, but it says it can be stopped if either his head is cut off or he is targeted by Raise Dead ritual.

My other players have means of snatching him and Raising him before the ritual is complete, but I would like for this to have some impact on the character.

What do you think are fun, cool, non game breaking things that might happen as a result of stopping the ritual? Just not any themes since we don't use them, or 4.4 stuff either. Maybe some feats, special rewards, power exchanges (he is a Rogue MC Bard Paragon Daggermaster), even race changing or the like? What do you think would be nice? Thanks!

(My guys are pretty open and don't care too much about optimization, so they won't mind if he has to change some minor things; if it's story related, they'll even like it.)

Yakk
2014-05-23, 02:27 PM
Stopping the ritual causes the body to be utterly consumed in black fire.

Their friend is gone, forever, with no hope of resurrection by any mortal magics.

Then talk to the PC. They are dead, in shadow, wandering a dead landscape, surrounded by other unquiet dead. They hear a voice saying "you have done well. Go forth, and destroy those who would steal my harvest".

The PC comes back as a Revenant. Hand them their new character sheet (which you have prepared). Maybe include an artifact or boon from the raven queen.

Waddacku
2014-05-23, 03:57 PM
Vampiric Heritage feat? Although that's not that great... Maybe with one of the better of its follow-up feats as well?

Inevitability
2014-05-24, 12:45 AM
I think an alternative magic reward would be best here. HotF has some, as does Dark Sun.

Mandrake
2014-05-24, 07:01 AM
Can someone, please, tell me where Vampiric Heritage feat, and the others too, are located? Thanks!

EDIT: Found it.