PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Eldritch Breat and Double Invocator Feat [P.E.A.C.H.]

Drako_Beoulve
2014-05-23, 04:01 PM
I just came up with this Feats to be able to mesh DFA and Warlock classes, please help to Improve.

Eldritch breath
The power of two worlds combine into a single deadly weapon.

Prerequisite: Eldritch Blast class feature, Breath Weapon

Benefit:Your Breath Weapon and Eldritch blast are combined into a single form of energy called Eldritch breath as an Invocation. Add together the damage dice from Eldritch Blast and the damage dice of your Breath weapon. As a standar action, this energy can be breath in a 30 ft cone, 60 ft line or invoked as an energy ball up to 90 ft. Also, you can apply essences and breath effects as normally to your Eldritch Breath, as well as shapes (but only if you invoke it as an energy ball). Damage from Eldritch breath is affected by reflex save (Just like the Breath Weapon), DC = 10 + half Eldritch breath's caster Level + your Cha modifier in case of invoking it as a cone or line (Eldritch Breath Caster Level is equal to your Warlock's class levels plus your Dragonfire Adept's class levels up to your ECL), if invoked as an energy ball, it resolves as a touch attack and the CHA modifier is used instead of the DEX modifier for the attack roll. This is a supernatural ability, sources that add damage dice or affect either feature like a magic item, a feat, etc affects the Eldritch breath as well (it counts as both Eldritch blast and a Breath Weapon).

Double Invocator
The knowldege of two worlds shared into a single mind.

Prerequisite: Warlock Lv1, Dragonfire Adept Lv1

Benefit: Levels of Warlock and Dragonfire Adept classes stacks for the purposes of determining your caster level, invocation level and invocations known per class, up to your ECL. In addition, you can select Invocations from either list of invocations but you must have different invocations at all times.

Normal: Invocation progression is handle separated by the two classes.

Zaydos
2014-05-23, 04:07 PM
Don't have Eldritch Breath be "as an eldritch essence" as it could be read to lock you out of using other eldritch essences. Honestly I'd just make it add the damage from one to the other. Little strong if you just dip 1 level of DFA for +1d6 damage (half the time) and effectively some free blast shapes (but can't eldritch essence those), but not very. Instead just add the dice but none of the effects of eldritch blast/breath weapon to the other (so a warlock 15/DFA 5 could do 11d6 eldritch blasts or breath weapons but they'd function normally for an EB or BW depending upon which they used).

As for the other, have them stack for invocation grade and CL but not for Invocations Known. As is it means that a Warlock 19/DFA 1 with that feat knows as many warlock invocations as a warlock 20 and as many DFA invocations as a DFA 20.

At least that's my 2 cp.

Drako_Beoulve
2014-05-23, 04:21 PM
Don't have Eldritch Breath be "as an eldritch essence" as it could be read to lock you out of using other eldritch essences. Honestly I'd just make it add the damage from one to the other. Little strong if you just dip 1 level of DFA for +1d6 damage (half the time) and effectively some free blast shapes (but can't eldritch essence those), but not very. Instead just add the dice but none of the effects of eldritch blast/breath weapon to the other (so a warlock 15/DFA 5 could do 11d6 eldritch blasts or breath weapons but they'd function normally for an EB or BW depending upon which they used).
The purpose of the "as an eldritch essence" is precisely that, I feel that EB+Escence+BW is a bit broken, but I can always test it and bring results

As for the other, have them stack for invocation grade and CL but not for Invocations Known. As is it means that a Warlock 19/DFA 1 with that feat knows as many warlock invocations as a warlock 20 and as many DFA invocations as a DFA 20.

At least that's my 2 cp.

Nice catch this one, I either remove this sentence or make it half Invocations known. In the other hand, warlock and DFA have too few invocations known, I will test this in the next campaign

Drako_Beoulve
2015-03-26, 02:20 PM
Revamped Eldritch Breath. The intention of the feat is to mix both EB and BW dice up to max ECL and be able to give essence, shape and breath effect. So this time I'm not trying to double the damage dice

Drako_Beoulve
2015-06-10, 02:40 PM
Revamped Eldritch Breath again:

- Half damage of each feature rounded up
- No SR
- Full round action
- Move action is blended into the Full Round action
- Resolves as touch attack in case of energy ball form
- DC of Reflex is changed to 10 + EB's Caster Level + CHA

Drako_Beoulve
2016-06-16, 12:21 PM
Added Eldritch Breath Caster Level definition

tsj
2016-06-16, 01:13 PM
Hm wouldn't it make most sense to just make a warlock adept class that is the result of
a gestalting warlock and dragonfire adept