PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous World Idea + Optimization Ideas

JBPuffin
2014-05-23, 08:18 PM
So, imagine this: a DM has players who love a good optimization challenge, and decides to throw them into an Elder Evil super apocalypse; like, all of them at once type of super apoc. To make things worse...there are only two books allowed: PHB II and Oriental Adventures. Obviously spells from the PHB (for the casters) are necessary to play, but feats, classes, spells from any other splats, and other stuff not statted in OA or PHBII (like PHB classes...)? Nada.

So, how low can you guys go with cheesy trickery? Do what you have to, just...do what you can. It'll be a blast, I'm sure.

Gildedragon
2014-05-23, 08:29 PM
What about the feats that are prereqs for PHB2 feats? or OA feats?

sideswipe
2014-05-24, 05:44 AM
assuming that feats that are mentioned in the book in the feats section are allowed. therefore can be taken.

also assuming since there are variants for classes outside the book in phb2 you can use the variants but not the original class.
specifically then a spontaneous domain cleric, a shape shifting druid, metamagic sorcerer, immediate magic wizard (abrupt jaunt).
and then improve those with a few feats.

otherwise i would probably go for a vanara shaman, not much will have an edge over that in a restricted campaign

Jeff the Green
2014-05-24, 06:36 AM
What about wildshape forms?

Assuming yes, and that feats something in OA or PHBII is dependent on are okay too, I'm thinking a Shaman/Shapeshifter, a straight Shaman, a Wu Jen/Maho-Tsukai, and a Beguiler. Fifth man would be a Duskblade. Shapeshifter is the next best thing to a druid, Shaman's good on its own, Wu Jen gets access to Extend, Enlarge, Silent, and Still spell, plus Imbued Summoning and can use them freely with Maho Tsukai, and Beguiler's got trapfinding and a really good spell list. Duskblade actually will get his bread and butter, Power Attack, since it's in OA.