PDA

View Full Version : The Nameless Campaign (yes it's actually called nameless) IC

zingbobco000
2014-05-24, 06:23 PM
@Everyone 'cept for Chaos

You walk down a dark and dirty road with only one thing in common, hatred of the council, though something different happened to each one of you, the council was involved either way. You've heard about their recent dwellings in a town called Yarior, you arrive upon it. The time is around 5:00 in the afternoon...

@Chaos

You have made it to the crypt, but the door is locked, upon it reads an inscription. "Beware the people who summon them, find them, kill them, torture them. They shall not see the light of day, for you must do everything in your power to have good's power not sway." The door is locked but there are 4 crystals, 1 of them is lit up while the other four remain dark.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-24, 07:06 PM
Valore attempts to see if there have been anybody by this entrance recently and if so how many and how long ago.

Track (Survival roll): [roll0]

zingbobco000
2014-05-24, 08:52 PM
Valore attempts to see if there have been anybody by this entrance recently and if so how many and how long ago.

Track (Survival roll): [roll0]

You can't seem to find any tracks and in your work you cover up any possible tracks with your own. As you move closer to the gem it starts to shine brighter and brighter, and you feel compelled to touch it.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-24, 09:07 PM
Can I make a Will save to not touch it? if so
Will:[roll0]

Shimeran
2014-05-24, 10:23 PM
Sieg warbles at his companions "Do you think I should try for a room tonight or just stay in the stables? Either way is fine as beds aren't exactly built for my frame."

zingbobco000
2014-05-24, 11:00 PM
Can I make a Will save to not touch it? if so
Will:[roll0]

A will save is not needed, but seeing as you failed... MWHAHAH

You touch the gem and it glows now very brightly in a flash of light another inscription appears: Find your allies, find them, for they will help you conquer your enemy, and bring them here to the light of day.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-24, 11:08 PM
After touching the gem and reading the inscription, Valore thinks, "I wonder how I shall find these allies this gem speaks of... for the mean time I shall camp outside the crypt, perhaps I can ambush a wizard who leaves alone." Valore then goes to some shrubbery nearby the entrance and hides to the best of his ability.

Hide:[roll0]

zingbobco000
2014-05-24, 11:14 PM
After waiting for a long while nothing comes out.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-24, 11:31 PM
Realizing that nobody will be leaving the crypt, at least through this entrance, Valore turns around and heads back to town. As he passes the rats earlier he issues them a playful hello as he passes, otherwise his return goes without event. When he returns to the town he heads back to the tavern where he rested and sits at the bar.

zingbobco000
2014-05-24, 11:46 PM
As you walk into town you hear word from the border that even more travelers have arrived near the sw border.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-25, 12:04 AM
Valore pulls up his cowl, and begins walking towards the aforementioned direction, trying to remain inconspicuous while he heads to where the new travelers are.

Hide (i guess): [roll0]

Yas392
2014-05-25, 12:36 AM
Where did he go? Fiora had separated from her companions to trail Valore out of curiosity. She passed a bloodied kobold. Oh, must have went to scout ahead? She look around to search for boot prints.

Spot (Take 20) - 20
Search (Take 20) - 20

Sønderjye
2014-05-25, 04:50 AM
As Smaul walks down the road he find his finger in his mouth. Quickly he pulls it out and spit the little green piece created by his own, or well technically not his own but who cares, body.Disgusting he says mostly to himself but also to the listener. This human has a distasteful habit of putting finger in hise nose, finding the largest piece of green excriment and eating it afterwards. Smaul can't in his wildest dreams understand why anybody would eat themselves.

Overall though he was pretty satisfied with the body.
Namu is fairly agile and have a good cardio despite being a big boy. Smaul considers leaving him some money after his imprisonment for experimenting on living creatures was due. Don't get your hopes up though he thinks loudly as he feel a wave of greed .

zingbobco000
2014-05-25, 08:57 AM
Where did he go? Fiora had separated from her companions to trail Valore out of curiosity. She passed a bloodied kobold. Oh, must have went to scout ahead? She look around to search for boot prints.

Spot (Take 20) - 20
Search (Take 20) - 20

So that's a 0? I think you meant = 20 so I'm going to go with that.

@ Yas
You notice some scattered footprints as if there was some kind of kerfuffle. He must have been here, and he seems to be heading off towards the northeast.

Make a search check as your looking through the bodies.

Valore pulls up his cowl, and begins walking towards the aforementioned direction, trying to remain inconspicuous while he heads to where the new travelers are.

Hide (i guess): [roll0]

It's more move silently if you want to move but I guess you're just going to stay in the same place?

You move back to where you were before, fighting the kobolds and you hear voices coming from the scene, as you look you see a group of three travelers.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-25, 10:26 AM
As Valore hides in the shadows of the large trees he sees Fiora and goes to greet her, "Fiora, what you are doing up here?" asks Valore

zingbobco000
2014-05-26, 11:31 AM
As everyone begins to reconcile the forest seems eerily quiet...

No metagaming, what would your character actually do.

Sønderjye
2014-05-26, 11:36 AM
Keep walking towards the city, one hand preventing the other from unconciously reaching the nose.

Shimeran
2014-05-26, 12:28 PM
Sieg shifts off the path a few feet, trying to keep him worm friend in sight while skirting the end of the forest. His motives have more to do with picking up a "snack" by absorbing leaves and bits of debris as he rolls over them. No one had mentioned about the nights plans, so he was ready to wing it as they got into town. "Do you think they'll have a library?", he mumbled while muching on the foliage.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-26, 01:09 PM
Valore continues to wait for Fiora to answer his question.

Sønderjye
2014-05-26, 01:30 PM
Smaul thinks the question loud before aswering This one says most larger human cities have a library. There should be good chances for you to dig through a couple of books friend. he pauses for a second then adds what magic do you think they used for summoning a tower? We couldn't find an answer in our research, but it must have taken quite some souls to do that kind of powerful magic

zingbobco000
2014-05-26, 04:11 PM
Btw that assumption was fine sondre.

As sondre ends his statement you see a rustle in the bushes, suddenly some (4) small dog-like reptiles jump out of the bushes. Everyone PM me an image of what they want their token to be, I'll then put it on roll20 and we'll have the map. Also, don't go because kobolds have surprise round. Just roll initiative, the kobolds will go as soon as I get back to my computer.

Yas392
2014-05-26, 04:34 PM
Fiora search thoroughly through the body, trying to find any leftover before following the footprint back to town.

Search (Take 20) - 20

As she goes turns around, her companions are there and Valore is among them. Her hair is tousled. She appears to be pouting over his one-up.

Looking for you. Did you find anything ahead of the body?

She is cut off by a pack of stray animals.

Hmmmm...

ChaosArchon
2014-05-26, 04:37 PM
Yaz, Valore returned to where he killed the kobolds, I'm right in front of you.

"There's a town ahead of us where the council has started "recruiting" and beyond that a crypt which they seem to have an interest in." says Valore,
he begins to say more but is cut short by the arrival of the kobolds.

Sønderjye
2014-05-26, 04:48 PM
Fiora ( and only fiora) hears a familisr voice in her headwould you mind introducing us to your friend fiora? Smaul asks in a pleasant tone. or I suppose it can wait he adds seing the eminent threat.

zingbobco000
2014-05-26, 05:23 PM
The kobolds (the small dog-like reptiles) appear from the forest and charge your small group.

Check the map guys.

The four kobolds try to spear you with their, well, spears. All four of them miss (stupid kobolds)

Kobold Initiative: 12.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-26, 05:56 PM
Dodging the two attacks by the kobolds next to him, Valore draws his rapier and lunges at the one on his right side, while preparing to dodge the one now behind him. "Time for a bit of fun," he chuckles.

Attack:[roll0]
Crit Confirm:[roll1]
Dmg:[roll2]
Crit Dmg:[roll3]

Sønderjye
2014-05-26, 05:56 PM
If Smaul is adjustsnt to the kobolds he will move 5 feet away and draw his weapon. If he is some distance away he will close that distance while drawing his weapon. He will then try to make a kobold kill the earth

If a kobold tries to close the gap he will make it join it's kindsman, making out with the dust.

Assuming Fiora doesn't say anything anything in her turn Smaul will ask Fiora, would you mind introducing us to your friend? as he (hopefully) plants his weapon in the face of a kobold

touch attack to trip [roll0]
Opposed strength [roll1]
Followup attack if trip is successfull [roll2] and [roll3]

And for his attack of opportunity if they close in on him
touch attack to trip [roll4]
Opposed strength [roll5]
Followup attack if trip is successfull [roll6] and [roll7]

zingbobco000
2014-05-26, 06:29 PM
Dodging the two attacks by the kobolds next to him, Valore draws his rapier and lunges at the one on his right side, while preparing to dodge the one now behind him. "Time for a bit of fun," he chuckles.

Ok, it's now Yas's turn. Your skillful stab gets past the weak armor's defenses and pierces flesh. You hear the kobold yell out in agony as it falls to the ground.

If Smaul is adjustsnt to the kobolds he will move 5 feet away and draw his weapon. If he is some distance away he will close that distance while drawing his weapon. He will then try to make a kobold kill the earth

If a kobold tries to close the gap he will make it join it's kindsman, making out with the dust.

Assuming Fiora doesn't say anything anything in her turn Smaul will ask Fiora, would you mind introducing us to your friend? as he (hopefully) plants his weapon in the face of a kobold

touch attack to trip [roll0]
Opposed strength [roll1]
Followup attack if trip is successfull [roll2] and [roll3]

And for his attack of opportunity if they close in on him
touch attack to trip [roll4]
Opposed strength [roll5]
Followup attack if trip is successfull [roll6] and [roll7]

That'll happen once Yas goes.

Shimeran
2014-05-26, 08:11 PM
Sieg slides along the ground to the northeast to catch a kobold in a lovely flank before trying to take a nibble at it's thigh.

[roll0] vs AC to hit. On hit, [roll1] damage and the kobold is dazzled (" -1 penalty on attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks")

zingbobco000
2014-05-26, 08:14 PM
Sieg slides along the ground to the northeast to catch a kobold in a lovely flank before trying to take a nibble at it's thigh.

[roll0] vs AC to hit. On hit, [roll1] damage and the kobold is dazzled (" -1 penalty on attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks")

Where again?

Also, your slam misses the goblin, it dodges you and jumps out of the way. Just move your char on the map.

EDIT: Uh, that goblin is dead...

Yas392
2014-05-27, 12:44 AM
I assume they are back for revenge...Fiora raises an eyebrow before making a short bright gibe. She hears a voice in her head but dismisses in the looming call of battle. Whateverrr. She stares at Smaul. Not now, we can do that after battle, kay? She retreats a bit, nocks her bow and fires at the second kobold near the infected host.

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Crit Confirm - [roll2]
Crit damage - [roll3]

zingbobco000
2014-05-27, 03:31 PM
I assume they are back for revenge...Fiora raises an eyebrow before making a short bright gibe. She hears a voice in her head but dismisses in the looming call of battle. Whateverrr. She stares at Smaul. Not now, we can do that after battle, kay? She retreats a bit, nocks her bow and fires at the second kobold near the infected host.

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Crit Confirm - [roll2]
Crit damage - [roll3]

Assuming you hit the one to right...

It falls dead beneath the blow of your arrow and dies. 'Twas a fatal headshot.

The kobolds seeing themselves fully outnumbered begin to retreat and run away.

Run toward the forest, AoO from Smaug and Valore.

Sønderjye
2014-05-27, 04:11 PM
Smaul uses the oppening to try to force the goblin the ground.

When it is his turn he will shoutI want at least one of them alive!
If he have managed to trip the one from aoo he will attack it.
If he failed at tripping he will charge a goblin (assuming they are within range) and make it fall flat before attacking it.
All attacks are made with the side of his weapon

aao
Against touch armor [roll0]
Opposed str [roll1]
Free attack of tripped [roll2] note I included the -4 from doing nonlethal and the +4 cause enemy is prone. Dmg [roll3] nonlethal

If I manage to trip just ignore the charge bonus and the attempt to trip.
Against touch armor [roll4]
Opposed str [roll5]
Free attack of tripped [roll6] note I included the -4 from doing nonlethal and the +4 cause enemy is prone. Dmg [roll7] nonlethal

Note: remember small creatures get -4 to the opposed roll

ChaosArchon
2014-05-27, 04:57 PM
As a kobold attempts to flee Valore shouts,"Run if you want but the result will remain the same, I'll hunt you down and you will die, so either face your fate now or live in fear!" and upon saying that skewers one of the fleeing kobolds with his rapier.

Intimidate:[roll4]

Yas392
2014-05-27, 05:05 PM
On second thought, I have not told you that I met Valore before I met you, Smaug. He's got way more issues with the council than most of us here. Her eyes twinkles, connecting the dots when his attack is non-optimal. No wonder, you killed one of them. She giggles deviously. Let me help you with the kobolds.

Handle Animal - [roll0]

zingbobco000
2014-05-27, 11:25 PM
On second thought, I have not told you that I met Valore before I met you, Smaug. He's got way more issues with the council than most of us here. Her eyes twinkles, connecting the dots when his attack is non-optimal. No wonder, you killed one of them. She giggles deviously. Let me help you with the kobolds.

Handle Animal - [roll0]

Ok... Handle Animal, hmmm... I should make a skill called handle monster... With 10 ranks you can teach it to "play dead..." :smalltongue:

As a kobold attempts to flee Valore shouts,"Run if you want but the result will remain the same, I'll hunt you down and you will die, so either face your fate now or live in fear!" and upon saying that skewers one of the fleeing kobolds with his rapier.

Intimidate:[roll4]

Your attack misses the kobold but still forces it into submission, it falls to the ground and curls up into a ball, it's considered "Helpless."

Smaul uses the oppening to try to force the goblin the ground.

When it is his turn he will shoutI want at least one of them alive!
If he have managed to trip the one from aoo he will attack it.
If he failed at tripping he will charge a goblin (assuming they are within range) and make it fall flat before attacking it.
All attacks are made with the side of his weapon

aao
Against touch armor [roll0]
Opposed str [roll1]
Free attack of tripped [roll2] note I included the -4 from doing nonlethal and the +4 cause enemy is prone. Dmg [roll3] nonlethal

If I manage to trip just ignore the charge bonus and the attempt to trip.
Against touch armor [roll4]
Opposed str [roll5]
Free attack of tripped [roll6] note I included the -4 from doing nonlethal and the +4 cause enemy is prone. Dmg [roll7] nonlethal

Note: remember small creatures get -4 to the opposed roll

Your attack trip the kobold and it falls down. You miss it though in your attempt to aim your sword differently. Both attacks miss.

New Houserule: On AoOs whoever has the higher initiative goes first when multiple enemies move away from threatened spaces on the same turn. This only works for groups of enemies who are the same type of monster I.E. two goblins, but not a goblin and a hobgoblin who are in the same initiative block.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-27, 11:43 PM
As the kobold falls onto his knees Valore asks, "Who sent you and why are you here? Was it to recover your allies' bodies or am I being targeted? Speak truthfully and I'll allow you to be freed."

Intimidate:[roll0]
No meta-gaming mr DM, even if you know what comes next :smallwink:

zingbobco000
2014-05-28, 11:31 AM
As the kobold falls onto his knees Valore asks, "Who sent you and why are you here? Was it to recover your allies' bodies or am I being targeted? Speak truthfully and I'll allow you to be freed."

No meta-gaming mr DM, even if you know what comes next :smallwink:

Dont worry, I won't metagame.

The kobold already in fear of cowers on the floor and doesnt speak.

BTW, I think there is still a kobold, if sondre wanted to take two prisoners then there's a kobold who's not helpless, and one who's helpless. But if he only wanted one prisoner, there's just one kobold alive.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-28, 12:42 PM
Valore grabs the kobold by the neck and says, "Now listen here, you have two options; either you answer my questions and I'll release you or you can join your friends in death, cortesy of this rapier here. Me personally, I value my life but hey I prefer to live a happy life rather than meet a slow, painful, drawn out death where I scream for hours to someone to help me, only to die. Again, just personal preference though."

Intimidate:[roll0] is there such a thing as a circumstance bonus... cuz I fell like after implying Valore will torture him the kobold would be more inclined to talk

zingbobco000
2014-05-28, 01:29 PM
Valore grabs the kobold by the neck and says, "Now listen here, you have two options; either you answer my questions and I'll release you or you can join your friends in death, cortesy of this rapier here. Me personally, I value my life but hey I prefer to live a happy life rather than meet a slow, painful, drawn out death where I scream for hours to someone to help me, only to die. Again, just personal preference though."

Intimidate:[roll0] is there such a thing as a circumstance bonus... cuz I fell like after implying Valore will torture him the kobold would be more inclined to talk

You sutter in your argument which causes the kobold to bark quickly, it seems as if he's laughing. He quickly snaps his mouth after he realizes his mistake.

You Failed.

Each intimadate is a standard action. So... You can either not have rolled that, or not get your next turn. It's Shimmer's turn.

zingbobco000
2014-05-31, 09:07 AM
Shimmer is delaying, begin next turn.

Shimeran
2014-05-31, 12:00 PM
After nibbling on the weird man thing for a while, Sieg had the dawning realization that it might already be dead. Shifting back to his worm friend's side, he tries to grab ahold of any kobold which has yet to surrender.

Trigger an opportunity attack to grapple a kobold. [roll0] touch attack (AC 12?) to make contact. If that hits, it's [roll1] vs the kobold's grapple (-4?). If that succeeds, it takes [roll2] nonlethal damage and is held.

zingbobco000
2014-06-02, 04:52 PM
The kobold taking the opportunity attacks sieg.

He rolls a 10 which I'm assuming is a miss.

He grapples: with a 1... Failing the grapple and falls unconscious. Everyone gains 75 EXP.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-02, 04:59 PM
Valore upon seeing the other kobold fall unconscious says to the one he's holding, "Now we have two of you to chat with, unfortunately two is a crowd in these conversations so one of you is about to meet the gods. Now if you want you could be a brave little dead kobold, orrrrrr you can talk and be let go. Hell I even promise not to tell a soul that you blabbed and you can return to your party saying you valiantly fought with your comrades and with their last breaths they urged you to serve Redhand loyally and relay this massacre back to him. You would be a little hero, and Redhand might reward you with women, riches, or status... or you can die, slowly... painfully, your choice."

Not really sure whether I'm being diplomatic or intimidating him, why not both!
Diplomacy:[roll0]
Intimidate:[roll1]

Yas392
2014-06-02, 05:16 PM
Valore, be nice. Now, where were we? Hmmm, we were talking about your sentence. You have two options: surrender and be granted mercy or...Fiora shifts her hair to shade her face. I will not know what fate will befall you, however, it is not death. She smiles, a good and perfect smile.

Intimidate - [roll0]

Sønderjye
2014-06-02, 05:41 PM
Thanks buddy. This should really make the whole interigation much easier. Are we still running with the familiar concept? Smaul silently thinks to Sieg as he dust himself of.

Fiora hears the familiar voice in her head as well How well do you know this guy friend? Is he trustworthy?

And do any of you know who Redhand is? Valore sounds like he knows something He starts a mental conversation between the three of them.

He sends the Kobold a friendly smile as he secretsly tries to fiffle with it's mind. He mentally commands the Kobold to become his friend. Listen to me friend. I want you to walk away from here alive and healthy. Perhaps even with a full stomach. My other friends here however have taken it quite personal that you tried to spill their gutter out on the road and you need to help me help you. What is your name and why did you attack us?

Using Charm SLA. Will DC 14. Note that as this ability is a spell-like ability that doesn't provoke AAO and by my logic it should be impossible to see the casting by mundane means.

Always try the nice way first guys! Diplomacy [roll0]
So are you the kind of GM that gives curcumstance bonusses for roleplaying? I did both bribe and offer kindness and help.

I can't find it anywhere in the rules but I think that telepathy is a two-way communication and I thought it could be pretty cool if I could sorta add people to the conversation and have multiple conversations going at the same time.
This might be stretching it a bit as I have 1 private with Sieg, 1 private with Fiora and one with everyone except Valore(Sorry evyl, not you either)

ChaosArchon
2014-06-02, 05:44 PM
"As my friends say, we just have a few questions. So I'll join in with them and ask who sent you and why are you here? Was it to recover your allies' bodies or am I being targeted? Speak truthfully and I'll allow you to be freed." added Valore.

Yas392
2014-06-02, 05:56 PM
She returns the link with her thoughts. Valore is good, I guess. Stereotypical cynic but trustworthy. Don't get in his way when he's dealing with the council and you will be fine.

Sønderjye
2014-06-02, 06:04 PM
The last couple of years living in human society had made the puppeter suspeciousEnough trustworthy to include in the conversation? What is his oppinion of this kind of imprisonment? Concern and a light touch of fear is felt through the mental link. He adds a mental grin at the last part I wasn't planning to go in anyone's way with the counsil

Shimeran
2014-06-02, 08:15 PM
Sieg thinks back "That familiar ploy is likely our best bet. I think it would be hard to pass me off as a hound."

He lets the kobolds body slide to the ground before saying out loud, "Let me know if they're uncooperative. I seem to be set for dinner, but I can make room if need be." To emphasize his point, he rolls over one of the dead kobolds and begins leeching energy and nutrients from it's corpse.

zingbobco000
2014-06-04, 06:02 PM
The kobold cowers in fear of Valore but when Smaug commands him to do something he shakes his head and you feel the telepathic command broken. It says yaps in a dog-like voice: "Huy jgh ysh sihgk suygah djn Redhand eubg shfbr dbwuj dfhb Redhand? uwbef Udjgu ksnfejfn djgh hb ubef jndk auibd." It seems to be talking in some weird language.

"You, you know of Redhand? The cave? How... How... does you know about the cave and Redhand? Nobody supposed to tell yous that... I talk, I talk, what does you want to know, just I beg you, set me free."

ChaosArchon
2014-06-04, 06:07 PM
"Common, do you speak it man. By the fact that you said Redhand, I'm inclined to believe that you can speak Common so do so. Now, one last chance, answer our questions, or die." Valore quietly said to the kobold, with a voice as cold as winter.

Yas392
2014-06-04, 06:13 PM
Fiora eye ridges scrunches and her jaw slack. I don't understand. She close in, trying to handle the kobold like an animal with her town's infamous technique. Speak common. Her hands extend to that kobold.

Grapple - [roll0]
Intimidate - [roll1]

Sønderjye
2014-06-04, 06:35 PM
Smaul translate the message at the speed of thought to Fiora and his pudding friend before asking Do any of you know who this redhand is? Maybe a fireelemental he jokingly adds. Suddenly remembering something he says Sieg can you tie the unconcious one up?

He puts his weapon away and moves to the side of the goblin. Through his years of manipulation he has learned that people for some reason trust you more if you are on their level. Litterally. In draconic he asksDo you speak the shared language clever one? depending on the answer he will continue in the appropriate language in a empathic tone What is your name and why did you attack us?

He is aware that his friends might soon hit the kobold even though but he can't do anything for the kobold for the moment. He told it that he could only help it if it gave him something to work with and if he helped it now his words would just be.. well words.

zingbobco000
2014-06-04, 09:06 PM
The kobold looks in fear of Valore and everyone can hear this: "HSD dgb sueb ejdku kej, dgur!"

"I can't speak com-mon I don't understand." Flora grabs the kobold and shakes it violently. You see more fear in it's eyes as it repeats the same thing over and over "Hrub sju dknehgy! Hrub sju dknehgy! Hrub sju dknehgy!"

"I don't understand! I don't understand! I don't understand!"

Finally when he hears Smaug's voice in a language he knows his eyes brighten a bit realizing it may have a chance of being alive. Everyone just hears a lot of barks (AKA I don't want to type random gibberish)

"You, you understand dragon-speak? Please, please save me from the mean peoples. Understand com-mon but no speak it. I can speak Redhand because it his name. That only word I know."

Shimeran
2014-06-05, 02:32 AM
Sieg lets out a faint buzzing sound, "I can give it a try, though such a task is quite difficult without those finger things you bony types are so fond of."

Use Rope [roll0]

Yas392
2014-06-05, 03:37 AM
Flora stops shaking the poor kobold when Smaug translates. Redhand, gobsmack it. She stalks to Smaug, handing him the kobold. Here, you take him, he's better off at your hands. Flora sends a quick response to a question that almost left her brain. By the way, Valore's not quite the backstabby type but he keeps himself focused to block himself from the worst of himself. He certainly had some trust issues but he's good but not the paladin level kind of good.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-05, 03:43 AM
When Smaug translates, Valore says, "Smaug is it? Can you please ask him to answer the questions and then I shall release him? Oh and Fiora while I understand why you would want to hand over the kobold to Smaug I will hold him until he answers our questions."

Yeah Yaz my character is the one thats been holding the kobold this whole time, with my rapier at the back of his neck, I wouldn't think you'd be the one able to move him to Smaug, that would have to be by Valore's prerogative

zingbobco000
2014-06-05, 11:44 AM
To clarify, Flora is holding it by the shoulders and Valore has a rapier to its neck.

Sønderjye
2014-06-05, 12:13 PM
Smaul quickly translates. Verbally. He then adds mentally to Fiora and Sieg I'm not really sure we convinced him. He said he didn't understand common and that he understood common. Let's play along.
To Fiora he thinks How is his stand on mind-controlling parasites?. You can feel vibes of suspicion flavored with a slight hint of fear throuhg the link.

Smaul hears Valore but decides that it will improve his ethos if he is focussing completely on the kobold.

He sends the kobold a reassuring smile before saying in draconic Do not worry. Tell me your name.
Assuming the kobold tells him his name he will present himself before lying a gentle hand on the kobold's arm. Physical connection releases impulses in the brain that makes you feel more familiar with the person touching you. Smaul knows this because he can taste it. I will tell them not to hurt you but I can't do much if you don't give me something to work with. Why did you attack us and who is Redhand?

zingbobco000
2014-06-05, 08:00 PM
The kobold says back in draconic:

"Redhand is the leader of our clan. He commands us to do certain things such as guard this area from travelers. He kills any who disobey, and rules over our clan with an iron fist. We are beginning to see a lot of goblins though, as if Redhand is working with them, but I'm not sure."

Sønderjye
2014-06-06, 05:03 AM
Assuming the kobold told him his name. If not he will ask again. Knowing someone by name makes manipulation way easier.

He will verbally translate what the kobold is saying before asking And why did you attack us? after hearing the answer he will continue Tell me more about Redhand. How long have he been ruling? What is his goal? When did you start seing goblins? Do you know anything about the mysterious disappearings in Yarior?

Yas392
2014-06-06, 05:19 AM
Fiora sensing Smaugl's fear through her link. Let's try a simple half-truth. That direct I fear he might smite you because it would remind him off those wizards behind the scenes.

zingbobco000
2014-06-06, 09:36 AM
The kobold seems fearful at the name of Redhand but still speaks. "I am Yuny, I know that he's been ruling for around 6 moons, he brought us here to try a new life after the draconic revolt. Most people think that somehow Redhand is involved with some cultist group but we don't know for sure. Around 1 moon ago the goblins came and took up more and more space, Redhand forced us kobolds to dig longer and longer caverns to hold everyone." The kobold then looks a bit confused, "Disappearings? What disappearings?"

Sønderjye
2014-06-06, 10:44 AM
Assuming that Smaul translate everything the Kobold says.

Smaul assumes the kobold know nothing of the disappearing and instead of aswering asks more questions.Tell me then Yuny. Why did you attack us? Tell me more about those cultists. How cruel of him, have you found anything when you were digging? How is the leader of your tribe decided?

Then I don't think I will communicate this way to him. How does a kobold army sound to the lot of you? to Fiora and Sieg.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-06, 10:52 AM
Valore speaks after heard Smaug mention cultists says," I believe the cultists he mentioned may be the council, I have information that they have set up operations in both a tower inside the town to recruit new mages and test subjects, along with investigating a crypt that is outside of town."

zingbobco000
2014-06-06, 05:51 PM
"I attacked you because he commanded us to, nobody dares to not follow his orders. No, just more space to hold for the goblins. The leader is whoever can beat the current leader in a pit fight, Redhand won outright." The goblin then falls unconscious again...

Sønderjye
2014-06-06, 06:31 PM
Sounds plausible. From where do you have this information? Smaul asks.

He then adds: Appearently Redhand ordered the attack on us. I wonder why. To my knowledge nobody knew we were comming. Interestingly enough if one can beat Redhand in a pitfight they become the next chief of the tribe he says and then adding mentally Or if I can get my hands on that sweet neck if his. He sounds strong

ChaosArchon
2014-06-06, 06:57 PM
"I went in town and saw the villagers applying the join the council, not knowing they were signing up to be test subjects. Furthermore a barkeep I spoke to mentioned that the council was seen around the crypt outside of town. Anyway personally I think that's all we're going to get out of the kobolds." and as he says this thrusts his rapier through the now unconscious kobold.

zingbobco000
2014-06-07, 09:04 AM
Sounds plausible. From where do you have this information? Smaul asks.

He then adds: Appearently Redhand ordered the attack on us. I wonder why. To my knowledge nobody knew we were comming. Interestingly enough if one can beat Redhand in a pitfight they become the next chief of the tribe he says and then adding mentally Or if I can get my hands on that sweet neck if his. He sounds strong

The kobold is unconscious... It doesn't reply.

"I went in town and saw the villagers applying the join the council, not knowing they were signing up to be test subjects. Furthermore a barkeep I spoke to mentioned that the council was seen around the crypt outside of town. Anyway personally I think that's all we're going to get out of the kobolds." and as he says this thrusts his rapier through the now unconscious kobold.

It dies.

Sønderjye
2014-06-07, 01:07 PM
Wait Smaul shouts as he sees the movement but too late. We could easily have gotten more information out of him he says, obviously angry.

He takes a few moment to cool down. Well at least we still have another he says turning his gaze to the bound kobold. Does anybody know how long it will take before it wakes? he asks everyone, knowing that his medical is lacking to say the least.

Might as well use the time seing if the attackers has something of value on them, he thinks before starting to loot the corpses. While he is at it he will think loudly so Redhand is the kobold chief and has made the tribe work for CIA. It strikes me as interesting that the goblins arrived around the same time as the tower did but what is the connection? And what is Redhand making them dig after? Those caverns might be worth checking out. Same goes for the crypt. Or do you think the caverns that the kobold was talking about is the crypt? We could also tell the villagers but last time I told a village that they were walking into certain death they started throwing things after me.

zingbobco000
2014-06-10, 06:34 PM
As you loot the bodies you find:

You find on the kobolds 432 SP.

Sønderjye
2014-06-10, 06:43 PM
Assuming nobody answers Smaul will assume that the silence means that nobody has any answers to the questions.

Smaul takes the loot thinking they can divide it later. If anyone asks about it he is fine by dividing it now.

Valore you were investigating this before we came, correct? What have you learned?

Does anyone know when the kobold will wake?

Smaul arrived with Sieg and Fiora correct?

zingbobco000
2014-06-10, 07:03 PM
Smaul arrived with Sieg and Fiora correct?

Yes, yes he did.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-10, 11:38 PM
"Prior to your arrival I found out that the town had been visited by the Council and they were recruiting people for some unknown task, although given that they weren't requiring them to be spellcasters, I would assume they are hiring these people to use them as test subjects." says Valore, "Furthermore I heard in town that the Council has been very interested in a crypt that is on the other side of town. Personally I believe we should go to the crypt and attack them there, where there will be less witnesses and also less people for the mages to hide behind.

As he is saying this, he pulls his rapier out of the kobolds throat and wipes the blood off on the kobolds clothing.

Shimeran
2014-06-11, 07:02 AM
Sieg chimes in "The crypt does seem like the easier target. That may even be where they're putting the townsfolk to work. That bit about the pit fight is also interesting. If they're not too picky about who fights, maybe we can get someone ready to duel this Redhand fellow and win ourselves a whole pack of these lizard things."

Sønderjye
2014-06-12, 06:10 PM
To Valore Smaul says That does sounds like a plausible assumption. I'm impressed with your work Valore.

Dueling Redhand would indeed be a possibility, but we will need to know how strong he is before trying such a dangerous act. Yes the crypt should be our next destination, but Smaul point at the still conscious kobold that Sieg tied up. I believe we can still get valuable information out of this one. Now do any of you have any way of telling when he will wake? Also any ideas to how we can keep him conscious?

ChaosArchon
2014-06-12, 06:13 PM
"Whatever we decide to do with him, I would advise not bringing him into town, if kobolds have been raiding the surrounding area recently, I doubt we would be well received if we entered town with one, eh?"

Sønderjye
2014-06-12, 06:16 PM
Your judgement would be better than mine. How would they react to a kobold as a gift?

ChaosArchon
2014-06-12, 06:20 PM
"To be honest I'm unsure, I was only in town for a short while but perhaps they would be happy to interrogate him as well, although that would mean our prescence would become public and known to the Council. I would say we attempt to wake him up now, ask him as many questions as possible, and then send him to join his allies in the afterlife."

Sønderjye
2014-06-12, 06:27 PM
A well-thought answer. I second that.

Yas392
2014-06-12, 06:38 PM
Do not kill him, Valore. We will lose our only lead to Redhand unless you already killed Redhand.

At the mention of bringing a kobold to town, Flora laughs and jokingly response.

Hah, really? Just stuff him into a backpack or make him look dead. He weights like what? 2 to 3 pounds? I don't know.

At the sight of it being bigger than her backpack, she laughs again before she stops and look serious as she could be in her happy self.

Aren't these little things good at digging pits and making tunnels? We should recruit them first so we can cut the amount of time in the crypt and just have them make a shortcut. Bringing the chief to our mercy and make him abdicate for a new leader would be a good start. I might have a package for him.

When the discussion is about waking the kobold and the council, she nods and scrutinize the elf as she asks him about the experiment part.

Is there something that could cause a lot of pain without making him fall unconscious again? And speaking of the council and recruitment, what are your thoughts on their experiments, Valore?

ChaosArchon
2014-06-12, 06:46 PM
"Fiora you know my opinions on what the Council does, but I feel no resentment towards those poor people they experimented on, only those who carried out the experiments. As for pain without knocking him out again... if any of you have healing magic we can always disembowel him and then heal him back up. All the pain but without the fatality, an ally and I once used it to track down a particular Council member who was trying to find a way to infect nurseries with lycanthropy, bastard got what he deserve, death was too good for him. My ally took a particular liking to seeing him suffer given that he was the reason her daughter was dead, as far as I know she still "operates" on him to this day... but I digress." Valore says with a vicious grin on his face.

Yas392
2014-06-12, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I heard you the first time. I just need your opinion on those who are not people like otherworldly creatures to even the most grounded amoeba. What if one of the experiment is a spirit other than a person that the Council created and forced it to inhabit the body of a still living person to live off it and control their actions? What would you think of it?

Flora continues to press Valore until she can get an answer for Smaul.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-12, 06:59 PM
"I am willing to ally with anyone or anything whose goals align with my own, if an individual you speak of was artificially created by the Council yet wishes to bring down its creators, then I have no issue with the being."

Valore then thinks for a moment and then adds, "And if you're saying what I think you're saying and this creature enthralls another indvidual in order to live well... again, as long as they do it to oppose our enemy and don't try to possess me then I see no issue in someone with a unique ability such as that." Valore then smiles, "I assume you have an ally which fits this description though and this is not just a hypothetical situation?"

Sønderjye
2014-06-12, 07:20 PM
I am glad you find it entertained friend. I was however planning on just making him walk in and give him to whoever is in charge but as Valore points out that will reveal our presence.
And thank you for asking the question.

Out of nowhere Valore hears a new voice. The voice is high-pitched, friendly and pleasant to hear yet it has a commanding tone behind it. I am happy you feel that way Valore and no it is indeed not a hypothetical situation Valore doesn't seem to be able to hear which direction the voice is coming from but if he looks around he will find Smaul looking straight at him. Humans seem to have strong emotions towards the real me and I have made it a habit to ensure the trust of those I reveal it to. Smaul slowly removes his helmet The Council of Infernal Affairs created me but years of experiments have turned me against them and I share your dream of their destruction. and turns around for Valore to see a wormlike creature stuck to the neck of him(or someone who apparently isn't him). The host was a guard that served CIA. As you hear the voice you discover that feelings follow it. At first feelings of fear or rejection which then turned to anger when the subject became CIA. Lastly you detect a slight bit of guilt when the host is mentioned.
Fiora and Sieg is on the line and can choose to join in on the chat, stay as listener or cut the line.

Picture
http://i.imgur.com/JcgSQh4.png

ChaosArchon
2014-06-12, 07:24 PM
"Greeting, Smaul, and I am thankful you have deigned to share the truth with me. Now, is it correct to assume that we may all speak telepathically with eachother is it just with you? Valore thinks to Smaul.

Sønderjye
2014-06-12, 07:26 PM
The man turns around to face Valore again and puts on his helmet, hiding his true body. I try to give them the option to participate in mental conversation but it's always they choose to do so. They can hear you.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-12, 07:37 PM
"Excellent, perhaps for now on when in combat or other tense situations we should only communicate this way. As not only will our enemies not be able to tell what we might do while still allowing us to be coordinated but our silence may unnerve them." Valore thinks to the party.

Sønderjye
2014-06-12, 07:46 PM
You can feel a wave of relief through the link .Communicating that way certainly has it's advantages. However do know that this way is more.. personal than other ways of communicating as your mind is directly linked to another. As you have found it isn't only words that go through the link but feelings as well. Also it is easier to slip a not completely thought through thought and it is to slip a word of the same standard.

Sønderjye
2014-06-13, 12:27 PM
Smaul slap the kobold

zingbobco000
2014-06-13, 12:33 PM
Smaul slaps the kobold and the kobold opens it's eyes, and begins to scurry away from the group of you, remembering it was you who killed his brethren.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-13, 12:38 PM
As the kobold attempts to flee Valore tries to trip him and then shouts, "Stop attempting to run or you'll regret it!"

Trip Attempt:[roll1]

zingbobco000
2014-06-13, 02:08 PM
Your intimidation makes the kobold crouch and guard its neck (as one would do in an earthquake). It shivers repeatedly.

Yas392
2014-06-13, 05:18 PM
She smiles as Smaul reveal its true self and let them chat it out then she cut in.

Finally, it comes to full circle. How is it, Smaul? Are you happy with it? Flora mentally claps with delight. Well, I do not send thoughts much. It's more fun to just listen to your thoughts and feelings. Some psychics is just down there, shivering or seizing, if I barrage them.

Looking at the other poor kobold, she sends the words that she is going to say to everyone through the link.

Maybe we should fake it out. Let him go and follow it. It can't outrun us in those stubby legs. It will report to its chief, maybe.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-13, 06:07 PM
"I would prefer to keep our presence unknown for as long as possible, if thats ok with you. Perhaps after the crypt we can overthrow Redhand if the crypt yields no leads? Does that work for you all?" thinks Valore to the group upon pinning the bound kobold to the ground with his foot. "Do you speak Common, kobold?" he then says outloud.

zingbobco000
2014-06-13, 08:40 PM
Seeing that being able to speak another language could save its life it begins to speak in a language all of you know. "I speak bit, yes."

Sønderjye
2014-06-15, 10:06 AM
Yes I am indeed happy. You can feels waves of relief through the link. I too think we should be secretive for as long as possible.

Smaul goes down on his knee to be in level height with the kobold and says basicly the same as he did to the last one ending with I need your help to convince them to let you live. He hopes that this kobold can share more details that the last one could

Diplomacy [roll0]

zingbobco000
2014-06-15, 07:56 PM
The kobold breathes in and out. It takes a deep breath and says:

"I am Elmuhd, I work in the lair mining rooms for something. Redhand may say that he is just digging more rooms, but I know he is looking for something. Yes, the goblins have been coming quite a few, but he always seems to send someone to check on our progress, seeing if we've found anything. Since I already failed in my mission to kill you I guess I should just tell you everything.

We kobolds lived in a land far to the south. Dragons came and began to enslave us, but then Redhand came, this of course was 20 years ago so I have no firsthand account of what he looks like now. We now live in a cave up in the mountains around a mile SW of here."

Sønderjye
2014-06-18, 04:42 AM
I doesn't sound like this one knows anything either. Does anybody have any answers? Smaul feels disappointed

ChaosArchon
2014-06-18, 08:48 AM
"It seems like the last one told us everything these kobolds know." Valore thinks to the party.

Yas392
2014-06-18, 04:49 PM
A dragonslayer? Sounds like Red Hand is beyond our capability. We should try our luck on the crypt using the kobold as bait. Flora relays her thoughts.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-18, 04:53 PM
"Why would the mages in the crypts care about one kobold? I suggest we just kill this one and then proceed towards the crypt." Valore mentally replies.

Yas392
2014-06-18, 04:55 PM
Exactly. They don't care. And it gives us the element of surprise. There is a smile in her tone.

Sønderjye
2014-06-18, 06:16 PM
What excactly is your plan Fiora? Smaul express curiosity.

Yas392
2014-06-18, 07:32 PM
I do not have one. The plans I will leave it up to you. I am just suggesting that the kobold provide an excellent distraction/cover to up our survivability to throw off our trail, allowing us to strike without turning their eyes on us. Flora raises her eyebrow in her mental scape.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-18, 08:03 PM
"Surely the kobold would betray us as soon as we let him go though right? Unless any of you have magic to compel him to obey us, I fear the only solution is to kill him and proceed." Valore again thinks to the party.

Yas392
2014-06-18, 08:22 PM
Smaul might have some, I think. Flora answers back.

Sønderjye
2014-06-19, 03:55 AM
My magic only lasts and hour and I have no way of knowing if it worked.

Yas392
2014-06-19, 04:10 AM
Well, don't use it until we actually use the kobold to draw them out.

Sønderjye
2014-06-19, 08:28 AM
Don't you think it would be too much trouble to keep him around until we need him?

Yas392
2014-06-19, 04:42 PM
Unless we can scare him into doing our biddings and then, make him sacrifice himself for our cause.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-19, 04:49 PM
"I don't think the effort spent corralling him into the crypt will be worth it, I think we should just deal with him and move on," and as he thinks that, the rest of the party can see in his mind's eye him stabbing the kobold.

I should clarify that outside his head he has not done this yet, does the party do anything to stop him?

Sønderjye
2014-06-20, 07:11 AM
Smaul makes a mental nod to Valore I don't think he will be scared forever. It does seem to be the only way. Then he thinks focusing on his familiar You have been silent Sieg, what is your oppinion?

Yas392
2014-06-20, 05:00 PM
Seeing two versus one, she resigns. *Sigh* So much for being secretive. This method will be leaving breadcrumbs for people to track us. Hopefully, the body will be devoured by tomorrow.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-20, 05:25 PM
After receiving the green light from his comrades, Valore plunges his rapier into the kobolds skull, killing him instantly. "Sorry Fiora but it was simpler this way, plus by the time they discover the bodies we'll be farther away anyway. Now let us go to the crypt." And upon saying this Valore leads the party to the crypt, making sure to remain on the outskirts of the village, as a group of travelers was sure to draw the attention of many.

zingbobco000
2014-06-21, 11:39 AM
Valore leads the party to the crypt. Where before one of the gems is glowing, now four are! As you get closer and closer they glow brighter and brighter, just like before.

Shimeran
2014-06-22, 09:23 AM
Sieg gives a gurgle "It could only betray what it knew. Misdirect was an option, though I admit it's not my area of expertise."

On reaching the crypt, Sieg will cautiously reach out to "taste" one of the gems through a psuedopod.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-22, 09:49 AM
"Sieg be careful, those gems are powerfully enchanted it seems. Last time I was here alone I was nearly ensorcelled into touching one against my will, I do not know what their effect is but anything that weakens the minds of others can't be good for us." cautions Valore.

Sønderjye
2014-06-22, 12:16 PM
Let's see what down there Smaul says

zingbobco000
2014-06-22, 12:59 PM
The door to the crypt is not open but as you walk towards it and gather around the gems light up and once again the magic mouth (chaos knows about this) speaks. "Now you have found the others, but your quest is not done yet, you must find the code to enter the crypt to destroy the evil that's there." The mouth then forms into a keyhole and a piece of paper falls to your feet.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-22, 01:05 PM
Valore picks up the paper and reads it out loud to the party.

Sønderjye
2014-06-22, 01:08 PM
Does anybody know what that means? Smaul asks as he picks up the paper. What does it say?

Shimeran
2014-06-23, 01:33 PM
Sieg halts his touch at the news. "I was hoping to get a feel for it's magic through contact. I don't have the trick of picking out magic by sight down yet. I'll grant if something wants us to touch it, that's a good reason to decline." So saying, he waits patiently for the contents of the note.

zingbobco000
2014-06-23, 06:13 PM
Valore looks at the piece of paper and sees that it's a map. It's a pretty simple map showing the town, the crypt, the forest, and the mountains.

XFFXMX
XXFFFX
XXXFFF
XXTXXX
XFFFXC
FFFFXX

X = Just normal land
F = Forest
M = Mountains
T = Town
C = Crypt (which is where you are)

1 character = 5 m.

At the bottom of the map is some writing:

Find the key, to open the door, and complete your quest you must score, the key which lies in the dragon's lair. To find it you must best him there.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-23, 06:19 PM
Valore chuckles, "It appears fate itself wishes for us to confront Redhand, as he most likely is the dragon mentioned on the paper."

Yas392
2014-06-23, 07:00 PM
So ironic...our main quest is the crypt and we need to do a bunch of mini quests that involved what I proposed we should do instead of the crypt. Aww,well.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-23, 07:14 PM
"Well now I kind of wish I hadn't killed the kobold, although the feeling of my rapier going through his flesh felt... oh crap the others can hear my thoughts... just think about nature, yeah nice peaceful nature. Not a sociopathic elf at all, I am one with nature..." Valore thinks, for the first time since the party has met him showing anything other than single minded determination, in fact he seems as bit embarrassed.

zingbobco000
2014-06-23, 07:56 PM
Below the gems on the crypt door the stone melds into a key-like shape.

BTW dragon isn't a typo.

Sønderjye
2014-06-24, 11:10 AM
On the way Smaul of course remembered to divide what he found on the bodies. 108 sp to whoever wants their share.

----------------------------------------------

Wait this doesn't make any sense! Didn't the kobold say that it's tribe was digging here. Why would there be a mouth that spoke to random unlookers in common and if it was that important why isn't it guarded? Smaul wonders Either the kobolds trust CIA's magic completely and have a key or there is another entrance. But why would anyone give you a riddle to open a door into something valuable except...

He decides to add to the conversation Fate? Quest? No friends, the only reasonable explanation for this is that CIA is looking for a individuals with a particular kind of thinking for their "recruiting" and this is somehow a test for the villagers to be accepted. This means that if we can solve the riddle we can find out where the missing villagers are. You would think it would be logical for a map falling out of a crypt to have the crypt in the middle but if their aim was indeed the villagers it makes sense to put the village in the middle of the map. He looks at the riddle again Now let's pretend we are simple peasants that have never been outside our village. Since there is no dragons here we would only know about dragons from legends right? So what does legends tell us about where to find a dragon's lair?

Shimeran
2014-06-25, 05:48 AM
Seig burbles "I would think the lone mountain is an obvious target. Don't those things usually come in chains? Granted, the rest might be just off the edge of the map. Of course, I suppose there are forest wyrms too and kobolds favor the draconic. If we still had one of those, they might be able to shed some light on this."

"Mind, I'm not totally convinced there's not a trick here we're not being. The door did mention a code, so it's possible this 'key' is something like a password. If that's the case, besting the dragon might not require overcoming it in battle. If we can gain the code with no loss to hoard, the dragon might be willing to trade for it."

zingbobco000
2014-06-25, 04:33 PM
Just tell me when you guys are ready to go. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

ChaosArchon
2014-06-25, 04:43 PM
"Then it is decided, we'll go meet this Redhand!" says Valore outloud, while thinking, "Thank the gods they're not bringing up what I just thought."

Yas392
2014-06-25, 05:03 PM
Bring what up? The kobold incident? Meh, doesn't change much. We are just more sneaky. Bringing the kobold that we cannot completely control might tune them in the wrong way.

Sønderjye
2014-06-25, 05:18 PM
To Sieg he asks Which things usually come in chains? The mountain is my take on it as well.

Valore I don't think that Redhand is the dragon mentioned. It would likely scare the villagers away if they had to work with kobolds and if they wanted to send them to the kobolds to become slaves they might as well take the city themselves.

That was me saying I think we should head to the mountain.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-25, 05:21 PM
"Hmm well I guess we can check out the mountain first then, even if that is not where this dragon lies, perhaps we will find some treasure, whether it be in gold or ancient weapons, that will help us when we meet this dragon."

zingbobco000
2014-06-27, 06:46 PM
As you head towards the mountains all seems well, until when you can finally see the mountain in sight you notice some sort of kerfuffle (man I love that word) going on between a small fast creature and some kobolds, goblins, and taller goblins. They don't seem to see you yet though...

(3 kobolds, 2 goblins, and 1 larger goblin.)

Choose how you want to act, thinking is a free action. When you're ready one of you say "we're ready!"

OOC: BTW, Evyldead, you need to clear your inbox I am can't PM you.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-27, 08:49 PM
Perhaps we should just attempt to sneak pass this small battle while they are distracted? Valore thinks to the team.

To clarify, you did not ID what the small fast creature was right?

evyldead
2014-06-28, 08:53 PM
As you head towards the mountains all seems well, until when you can finally see the mountain in sight you notice some sort of kerfuffle (man I love that word) going on between a small fast creature and some kobolds, goblins, and taller goblins. They don't seem to see you yet though...

(3 kobolds, 2 goblins, and 1 larger goblin.)

Choose how you want to act, thinking is a free action. When you're ready one of you say "we're ready!"

OOC: BTW, Evyldead, you need to clear your inbox I am can't PM you.

Noted. and deleted.

zingbobco000
2014-06-29, 02:27 AM
Noted. and deleted.

You've waken up to a goblin and kobold ambush. They've flanked you but you've managed to hold out thanks to your partial invisibility. Now you look over and see a group of adventurers. An elven hunter, a wierd glob thing. A human warrior, and a sort of mix between human and fey warrior.

You don't act until the other adventurers say what they do, if they choose to join you then the initiative begins, if they ignore you well, you'll probably die... But you could escape because of your invisibility.

Sønderjye
2014-06-29, 07:04 AM
I think we should wait and see. If they kill each other it's easy loot right?

zingbobco000
2014-06-29, 12:01 PM
Group decides group action then round begins.

ChaosArchon
2014-06-29, 04:31 PM
Very well, I suppose we can wait to see which group kills eachother and then off the survivors and take the reward for ourselves.

Yas392
2014-06-30, 11:27 AM
I got a spell that could turn the tides but I'll wait until they are flat-footed.

evyldead
2014-06-30, 06:44 PM
If I can sneak to the group, If so Here Is my sneak check [roll0]
Hide to move towards group [roll1]
And I want to speak to them while being invisible- "It would seem I am in need of you help dispatching these creatures. If you would be so kind.

Shimeran
2014-07-01, 01:17 AM
Seeing as the party is hesistant to help either side, Sieg mutters "It's certainly tricky deciding who the more friendly force is. Unless one of you has indentified that small creature. If not, the only thing I can say in it's favor is if it's truly an oddity it has that much in common with most of us." So saying, he readies himself to shift closer into some nearby foliage, hopefully being able to run interference should the hostiles rush the party. As he does so, he studies the features of the creature holding off the assorted goblinoid band.

He's only planning on moving into an intercept position, but here's the Move Silently check if needed [roll0], followed by a Hide check to lie in wait [roll1]. I'd also like to get a read on the creature's appearance. Should a spot check be needed, here it is [roll2].

Yas392
2014-07-01, 09:49 AM
We need to hit them before they hit us like our previous encounter. Sounds like he is in trouble and not allied to our enemies. We need to finish them before they are aware of us. If the little thing is hostile, we can always play twenty questions later.

Flora tiptoes and cover herself with trees, ready to flank the little thing's enemies with otherworldly power should their presence be discovered.

Hide - [roll0]
Move Silently - [roll1]
Readying standard action

zingbobco000
2014-07-01, 01:33 PM
Ok, so as your planning the small creature suddenly disappears! Both you and the monsters are very confused about where it is until suddenly you hear a elegant but forceful voice: "It would seem I am in need of you help dispatching these creatures. If you would be so kind." when hearing this sieg who decided the best way to hide was to turn to a goop-like state on the ground (like smoothie instead of jell-o) immediately goes back into his natural state.

Sieg's mind goes blank when he tries to figure out what it is.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-01, 04:45 PM
Valore sighs and says,"Very well, we'll help you out, but you owe us tiny creatures." and with that he springs into actions, drawing his rapier and rushing at the closest foe for him to stick his blade into their soft, squishy flesh.

Init:[roll0]
Attack:[roll1]
Crit Confirm:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]
Crit Damage:[roll4]

Valore also prepares to dodge the next attack from the closest foe to him, whether that be the closest ally of the being he's attacking, or the being itself if it survives.

Sønderjye
2014-07-02, 01:14 AM
We are so going to regret this Smaul mutters before he follows Valore, drawing his long weapon.

I recall some discussion about init during last combat and the end result was that we did something different from this combat forward. How do we handle it?

Yas392
2014-07-02, 06:43 AM
Stay back, invisible cute creature. As she moves off a tangent from her allies to be in position for a pincer attack, her two nimlis disappear and she blasts her foes with multi-color energies.

Initiative - [roll0]
Triggers readied color spray (DC 13).

zingbobco000
2014-07-02, 04:13 PM
Ok, just roll initiative normally.

This is a surprise round.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

LG

G

G

K

K

K

Shim

Sondre

Evyl

Chaos

Yas

Restarting round, so all rolls count from now on.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-02, 05:45 PM
[fluff from before] attacking Kobold in M3

Initiative:[roll0]

Yas392
2014-07-02, 08:54 PM
Flora moves between Shimeran and Evl. Her hand err out a mote that enlarges into a ball of pure energy. Then, she flings it at the largest goblin behind the enemy ranks.

The post from before is the same as now, unchanged except some tweaks and that we can't really flank.
Moves to O16, attacking Large Goblin at K2.
Initiative - [roll0]
Color Spray on the group (DC 13 to negate)
Actually, she will attack with magic missile since I thought she was closer to the enemy group on the previous post.
Rolls are on OOC thread.

zingbobco000
2014-07-03, 01:56 AM
[fluff from before] attacking Kobold in M3

Um, he can move that far? We are playing with movement rules (1 grid = 5 ft.).

Flora moves between Shimeran and Evl. Her hand err out a mote that enlarges into a ball of pure energy. Then, she flings it at the largest goblin behind the enemy ranks.

The post from before is the same as now, unchanged except some tweaks and that we can't really flank.
Moves to O16, attacking Large Goblin at K2.
Initiative - [roll0]
Color Spray on the group (DC 13 to negate)
Actually, she will attack with magic missile since I thought she was closer to the enemy group on the previous post.
Rolls are on OOC thread.

Flora sends a blast of force from her hand which hurtles towards one of the kobolds the kobold is thrown back by the attack but gets up and does a dog-like growl.

1 grid square = 5 ft.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

LG

G

G

K

K

K

Shim

Sondre

Evyl
Yas
Chaos

ChaosArchon
2014-07-03, 08:09 AM
No he can't move that far, sorry, I'll just ready that action for as soon as I get there then, spent turn moving forwards.

Sønderjye
2014-07-03, 09:34 AM
Smaul moves forward while drawing his weapon. Seeing the ball of energy he assumes that the goblins will charge Fiora. He readies his Glaive to throw them to the ground if they come close.

init: [roll0]
Readied action
Melee again touch AC[roll1]
Opposed str to trip [roll2]
Attack if trip works [roll3]
Damage if attack hits [roll4]
Note they will be tripped 10 feet away
AAO if he either fails hitting the first or a second tries to get past him
Melee again touch AC[roll5]
Opposed str to trip [roll6]
Attack if trip works [roll7]
Damage if attack hits [roll8]

Man that was a lot of rolls.

zingbobco000
2014-07-03, 01:10 PM
No he can't move that far, sorry, I'll just ready that action for as soon as I get there then, spent turn moving forwards.

Just moving? Nothing else?

Also, is your speed 30 ft?

Smaul moves forward while drawing his weapon. Seeing the ball of energy he assumes that the goblins will charge Fiora. He readies his Glaive to throw them to the ground if they come close.

init: [roll0]
Readied action
Melee again touch AC[roll1]
Opposed str to trip [roll2]
Attack if trip works [roll3]
Damage if attack hits [roll4]
AAO if he either fails hitting the first or a second tries to get past him
Melee again touch AC[roll5]
Opposed str to trip [roll6]
Attack if trip works [roll7]
Damage if attack hits [roll8]

Man that was a lot of rolls.

Was that in this round or if they come at you?

1 grid square = 5 ft.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

LG

G

G

K

K

K

Chaos

Shim

Sondre

Evyl
Yas

Sønderjye
2014-07-03, 01:13 PM
Which round are we in?

zingbobco000
2014-07-03, 01:36 PM
Which round are we in?

Surprise round.

Sondre: 20
Chaos: 13
Tall goblin: 11
Yas: 9
Goblin: 4
Kobold: 3

HG HP: 10
G1 HP: 9
G2 HP: 8
K1 HP: 5
K2 HP: 1
K3 HP: 6

Flora's orb of force (as in magic missile, not the orb of force spell) shoots out of her hand and hurtles towards the larger goblin-like creature. It stumbles back but quickly regains its bearings.

Just waiting on Shimmer then surprise round will end.

Sønderjye
2014-07-03, 01:42 PM
I'm not sure what the question was about then.

zingbobco000
2014-07-03, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure what the question was about then.

Are you readying an action?

Sønderjye
2014-07-03, 04:14 PM
He readies his Glaive to throw them to the ground if they come close.

Readied action
Melee again touch AC(1d20+3)[10]
Opposed str to trip (1d20+6)[18]
Attack if trip works (1d20+3)[20]
Damage if attack hits (2d4+2)[6]
I don't want to sound offensive but how can I make it clearer?
Yes I am readying.

Shimeran
2014-07-03, 09:21 PM
Sieg slinks and slurps along the ground, his psuedopods ready to strike.

Moving to N12 and readying a slam attack for the first enemy to enter his reach. Going to go off of memory for rolls as Myth-Weavers is acting up.
Init. [roll0]
Slam: [roll1] to hit; [roll2] damage and dazzled on a hit.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-03, 09:38 PM
Just moving? Nothing else?

Also, is your speed 30 ft?

Yeah I can't do anything else, and my move speed is 30ft. I have no ranged weapons, just a rapier and short sword.

evyldead
2014-07-04, 01:50 AM
I don't know if you want me to do anything with them but if so I'm going to go invisible and move towards the goblins.
going to move to L2 and wait to hit the goblins until they get moving. So when the large guy move im going to hit him.... lol... Readied action attack(this is dumb)- [roll0] damage if it hits. [roll1] SN [roll2]Readied action
Hide if needed-[roll3]
Move silently if needed-[roll4]

evyldead
2014-07-04, 01:51 AM
I rolled a natural 20 :D. so crit damage- [roll0]

zingbobco000
2014-07-04, 02:16 AM
I don't want to sound offensive but how can I make it clearer?
Yes I am readying.

My fault. :smallwink: :smalltongue: Sorry for that waste of time.

Sieg slinks and slurps along the ground, his psuedopods ready to strike.

Moving to N12 and readying a slam attack for the first enemy to enter his reach. Going to go off of memory for rolls as Myth-Weavers is acting up.
Init. [roll0]
Slam: [roll1] to hit; [roll2] damage and dazzled on a hit.

Noted.

Yeah I can't do anything else, and my move speed is 30ft. I have no ranged weapons, just a rapier and short sword.

Ok, just wondering. Then why not hustle?

I don't know if you want me to do anything with them but if so I'm going to go invisible and move towards the goblins.
going to move to L2 and wait to hit the goblins until they get moving. So when the large guy move im going to hit him.... lol... Readied action attack(this is dumb)- [roll0] damage if it hits. [roll1] SN [roll2]Readied action
Hide if needed-[roll3]
Move silently if needed-[roll4]

Noted. To get to L2 you have to go through two AoO, one from the G on L3 and the kobold on M4. You also if you're moving silently you'll only take a -5 penalty if you move from 1/2 your speed to 75 ft. If you move your speed you suffer a -10, and if you run you suffer a -20. You will have full concealment and they may or may not be able to hear you (depending on your listen check, do you still want to do this?).

I rolled a natural 20 :D. so crit damage- [roll0]

Nice! (I noticed)

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

LG
Evyl

G

G

K

K

K

Chaos

Shim

Sondre

Yas

Evyl: 22
Shimmer: 16

Kobolds: 21
Hobgoblin: 19
Goblin: 14

ChaosArchon
2014-07-04, 02:20 AM
I can hustle? I thought you needed some dex feat for that... sorry I've only been playing D&D for like 2-3 months so some of the finer mechanics still elude me.

EDIT: Just brushed up on movement mechanics via the SRD, with my armor class I can run 120ft in 1 round so can I run and complete my attack as previously posted?

zingbobco000
2014-07-04, 11:47 AM
I can hustle? I thought you needed some dex feat for that... sorry I've only been playing D&D for like 2-3 months so some of the finer mechanics still elude me.

EDIT: Just brushed up on movement mechanics via the SRD, with my armor class I can run 120ft in 1 round so can I run and complete my attack as previously posted?

Running is a full-round action. You can run as a full-round action. (If you do, you do not also get a 5-foot step.) When you run, you can move up to four times your speed in a straight line (or three times your speed if you’re in heavy armor). You lose any Dexterity bonus to AC unless you have the Run feat.

You can run for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score, but after that you must make a DC 10 Constitution check to continue running. You must check again each round in which you continue to run, and the DC of this check increases by 1 for each check you have made. When you fail this check, you must stop running. A character who has run to his limit must rest for 1 minute (10 rounds) before running again. During a rest period, a character can move no faster than a normal move action.

You can’t run across difficult terrain or if you can’t see where you’re going.

A run represents a speed of about 12 miles per hour for an unencumbered human.

As everyone has gone, it is now Evyl's turn.

evyldead
2014-07-04, 05:02 PM
Well you know my readied action ^_^if he moves hes getting crit hahaha

zingbobco000
2014-07-05, 03:22 AM
Well you know my readied action ^_^if he moves hes getting crit hahaha

Ok, sure. It's Sondre's turn.

Yas392
2014-07-05, 03:46 AM
You can't move after your triggered readied action, can you?

Sønderjye
2014-07-05, 05:14 AM
Smaul moves from N13 to M9 and readies the same action as last round.

Yas: Readying an action is a standard action so you have a move action in addition to the readied action.

zingbobco000
2014-07-05, 12:32 PM
During the surprise round you can take a standard action, he moves in the surprise round. This round I guess he readies the action.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

LG
Evyl

G

G

K

K

K

Sondre

Chaos

Shim

Yas

I believe you must re-roll.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-05, 12:34 PM
(I ran remember, running is 120ft in anything but heavy armor)

zingbobco000
2014-07-05, 12:57 PM
(I ran remember, running is 120ft in anything but heavy armor)

I wasn't talking about you, sorry since that to wasn't clear.

Also, where are you running to?

Shimmer's turn.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-05, 01:06 PM
I'm running towards the Kobold in M3, also do we really all have to reroll our actions, I've had to twice I think :P

zingbobco000
2014-07-05, 01:19 PM
I'm running towards the Kobold in M3, also do we really all have to reroll our actions, I've had to twice I think :P

OOC: You don't have to re-roll, you use the second set.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

LG
Evyl

G

G

K

K

K

Chaos

Sondre

Shim

Yas

Shimeran
2014-07-05, 10:19 PM
Sieg will continue making a guarded advance.

I mentioned moving to N12 in my last post, but I still seem all the way back at 015. If I had to decide between moving and readying on the surprise round, I would have gone with moving.

Move me to N8. I'll double move if needed. If not moving last round was a slip up, I'll use the standard to keep an attack readied instead.

zingbobco000
2014-07-06, 03:34 AM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

LG
Evyl

G

G

K

K

K

Chaos

Sondre

Shimmer

Yas

Assuming that you're not going to roll again I'll use the rolls that you posted before.

zingbobco000
2014-07-06, 04:52 PM
Sorry for double post.

Valore tries to puncture the small kobolds flesh but the small creature ducks under the blow.

Large Goblin turn: The large goblin takes a step towards Valore but as soon as he does the small creature you saw before suddenly appears and stabs the large goblin in the back of the neck. It falls and the creature pulls the daggers from out of it's back and grips them tightly.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

LG
Evyl

G

G

K

K

K

Chaos

Sondre

Shimmer

Yas

Shimmer: 16
Evyl: 11

Yas turn (he said I could go for him):

Flora gleefully laughing at the larger goblins death fires another bolt of force, but at one of the goblins this time.

Total: 11

Flora has only 5 of the candle things orbiting her head left. The goblin that she shoots then get hit in the head and hits the floor.

Great, now I have to triple post...

ChaosArchon
2014-07-06, 08:03 PM
on Valore's turn: Valore cursed at the small kobold for dodging his attack and strikes with renewed vigor, preparing to lead back if it strikes back at him.

Attack:
Crit Confirm:[roll]120+5
Damage:[roll1]
Crit Damage:[roll2]

I forget does Weapon Finesse add the extra damage to attacks instead of strength or not? Also Dodge is used on the kobold I'm facing in case he survives. Btw remember the threat range for the rapier is 18-20

zingbobco000
2014-07-07, 03:08 AM
The goblin + Kobold turn, then it'll be Sondre's turn.

Goblin: The first goblin moves to K1 then attacks evyl with his morningstar aiming for a bashing over the head.

Vs. AC: 15
DMG: 1

Kobolds: The kobold furthermost to the right attacks Valore with his small spear. The middle kobold moves towards Valore (O5), flanking him and tries to stab him. The final kobold decides to flank Evyl (M3) and spear him as well.

Vs. Valore:
Vs. AC: 16

Vs. Valore:
Vs. AC: 8
DMG: 4

Vs. Evyl:
Vs. AC: 6
DMG: 2

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

G

LG
Evyl

G
K

K

Chaos

K

Sondre

Shimmer

Yas

on Valore's turn: Valore cursed at the small kobold for dodging his attack and strikes with renewed vigor, preparing to lead back if it strikes back at him.

Attack:
Crit Confirm:[roll]120+5
Damage:[roll1]
Crit Damage:[roll2]

I forget does Weapon Finesse add the extra damage to attacks instead of strength or not? Also Dodge is used on the kobold I'm facing in case he survives. Btw remember the threat range for the rapier is 18-20

Ok, this'll happen when it's your turn.

END OF ROUND 1

It's now Sondre's turn.

Sønderjye
2014-07-07, 04:22 AM
Seing his friend is in trouble Smaul charges the kobold at O5. He makes a majestic swing with his headchopper towards the kobolds feet.

Touch attack [roll0]
trip if touch hit [roll1]
Extra attack if tripped [roll2] and damage [roll3]

Also in case someone provokes AAO
Touch attack [roll4]
trip if touch hit [roll5]
Extra attack if tripped [roll6] and damage [roll7]

zingbobco000
2014-07-07, 04:01 PM
Seing his friend is in trouble Smaul charges the kobold at O5. He makes a majestic swing with his headchopper towards the kobolds feet.

Touch attack [roll0]
trip if touch hit [roll1]
Extra attack if tripped [roll2] and damage [roll3]

Also in case someone provokes AAO
Touch attack [roll4]
trip if touch hit [roll5]
Extra attack if tripped [roll6] and damage [roll7]

Assuming that you move to M5: You move up close to Valore and trip one of the kobolds flanking him. He stabs the fallen kobold through the heart.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

G

LG
Evyl

G
K

K

Chaos

Sondre

K

Shimmer

Yas

Valore turn:

Valore tries to stab one of the kobolds adjacent to him, but the kobold ducks under the attack.

Evyl turn.

evyldead
2014-07-08, 12:34 AM
Assuming that you move to M5: You move up close to Valore and trip one of the kobolds flanking him. He stabs the fallen kobold through the heart.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

G

LG
Evyl

G
K

K

Chaos

Sondre

K

Shimmer

Yas

Valore turn:

Valore tries to stab one of the kobolds adjacent to him, but the kobold ducks under the attack.

Evyl turn.

I'm going to move to to M2 and attack the guy at M3 Attack-[roll0] damage- [roll1]

Shimeran
2014-07-08, 08:47 AM
Assuming that you're not going to roll again I'll use the rolls that you posted before.

Actually, the lack of attack roll had more to do with me trying to double move last round, putting me at n8. Fortunately, one of the kobolds was nice enough to move into charging range, so let's remedy the situation.

Charging kobold at O5, so move me to N6. That's [roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage and a dazzle.

zingbobco000
2014-07-08, 02:37 PM
The Quickling who was perviously being flanked and invisible (BTW, they were assuming that you were there because of having last seen you in that position.) Reappears in a totally different position and even though they couldn't see her, she still missed the kobold that she was aiming for though, and now the enemies have a clear target. The wierd spell-blob then charges at one of the kobolds flanking Valore. Slamming into it with its spell-body. It falls over, dead.

BTW, I'm just assuming that you delayed until after Evyl, as that's when you posted.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

G

LG

Evyl

G
K

K

Chaos

Sondre

K

Shimmer

Yas

Evyl: 11
Shimmer: - 11

zingbobco000
2014-07-08, 04:15 PM
Flora draws her bow from her back, places an arrow into the slot and fires at the last goblin.

Vs. G AC: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
DMG: [roll2]
Crit DMG: [roll3]

G1 HP: 7
K1 HP: 5
K3 HP: 6

I'm going to have to triple post.

zingbobco000
2014-07-08, 04:22 PM
Goblin Turn:

Take 5-foot step to the right to L1.
Attack now visible Evyl.
Vs. AC: 14
DMG: 5

Kobold Turn:

Kobold at M3 take 5-foot step to the right to N3, attack flanked Evyl.
Vs. AC: 4

Kobold at M4 attack Chaos.
Vs. AC: 13
DMG: 4

End of Round 2!

Sondre turn.

Sønderjye
2014-07-09, 03:02 AM
Smaul makes a strike aiming for the head but midair auddenly change the flow and instead aims for the stomach.

weapon to M3
Vs touch [roll0]
Trip [roll1]
Hit if tripped [roll2] dmg [roll3]

zingbobco000
2014-07-09, 08:08 AM
The human aims to stab one of the kobolds with his glaive. As he changes his aim he miscalculates and aims a bit too much to the right. It misses the kobold. Barely.

Valore turn.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-09, 09:29 AM
Valore, having parried every attack the enemy could field against him so far, continues to ripost until he sees his openning, then attemots to attack the kobold once more, determined to see it's blood deluge into the ground.

Crit Confrim:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Crit Damage:[roll3]

zingbobco000
2014-07-09, 10:43 AM
Valore's stab pierces flesh as he stabs the kobold, victorious at last. His stab kills the kobold which he was attacking which sinks down to the ground knees first.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

G

LG

Evyl

G
K

K

Chaos

Sondre

K

Shimmer

Yas

It's now Evyl's turn.

evyldead
2014-07-10, 11:43 PM
Attack on M3 [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Laptop got factory reset and im getting all my stuff back haha, Ill be slower on the post a bit.

zingbobco000
2014-07-11, 05:47 AM
G2 HP: 8

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

G

LG

Evyl

G
K

K

Chaos

Sondre

K

Shimmer

Yas

Evyl turns visible (BTW, don't you get sneak attack DMG for being invisible?) and stabs the kobold, but this time in the head. The kobold dies, and there is only one monster left remaining.

Shimmer's turn.

Shimeran
2014-07-11, 07:32 AM
Having downed the kobold, Sieg turns his attention to the remaining goblin.

Moving to L2 to charge the fellow at K1. That's [roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage and a dazzle.

zingbobco000
2014-07-11, 08:15 AM
Sieg charges the goblin in his blob-like state. The goblin sidesteps the attack though.

Flora moves to the left a bit, then lets loose another arrow from her bow towards the golbin.

Vs. AC:
Confirm Crit: [roll]1d20+6
DMG: [roll1]
Crit DMG: [roll2]

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

G

LG

Evyl

G
K

K

Chaos

Sondre

K

Shimmer

Yas

Which hits the goblin in the shoulder, but he still stands. Next up, a double post!

zingbobco000
2014-07-11, 08:20 AM
The goblin who was recently shot with an arrow ignores Flora and instead moves towards the Small, fast creature.

Rolls: 19 vs. AC

Which he hits for a small flesh wound.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S

G

LG

Evyl

G
K

K

Chaos

Sondre

K

Shimmer

Yas

End of round 3!

It's now Sondre's turn

Sønderjye
2014-07-11, 10:33 AM
Smaul moves to L3 and does his best to hit the last goblin while standing on the corpse of it's fallen comrade

against touch ac[roll0]
to trip[roll1]
to hit [roll2]
dmg if hit [roll3]

and AAO in case it moves

against touch ac [roll4]
to trip [roll5]
to hit [roll6]
dmg if hit [roll7]

zingbobco000
2014-07-11, 11:06 AM
Sondre stabs the last goblin with his glaive in the goblin's stomach. The last goblin falls down with its eyes fixed on the hole in its stomach.

You all gain 115 EXP.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-11, 11:52 AM
"The was fun, although these things provided more nimble than before. Anyway who are you small one?" Valore says, wiping the blood off of his rapier using the clothes on the kobold he slew.

Sønderjye
2014-07-11, 11:53 AM
Do you know what that is? Smaul mentally asks as he moves slightly away from the quickling and readies an attack if the creature makes any threatening movements.

Yas392
2014-07-11, 08:31 PM
Flora moves to the new creature, inspecting him. Wait and see. He can't pull out easily as he does last time. He is no threat by the way I see him.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-11, 08:44 PM
Valore mentally remarks,"It just killed some of these kobolds, it is by no means harmless."

evyldead
2014-07-12, 12:46 AM
"I am a Quickling, race of the Fey, my name is Lavery Graveltoes or The Swift for short."

ChaosArchon
2014-07-12, 01:05 AM
"Fascinating, I used to hear stories of the fey from my parents but I've never met one before... what brings you to this place, Lavery?" Valore says, half entranced but half suspicious.

Sønderjye
2014-07-14, 02:22 AM
He looks trustworthy and good at fighting too. Smaul comments while waiting for the small thing to answer.

Yas392
2014-07-14, 02:46 AM
Seconded. Flora shakes her head at Valore's awe. No, the real question is how could a cute creature like yourself end up here in the open? Aren't feys suppose to be playing tricks on others in hiding?

ChaosArchon
2014-07-14, 02:49 AM
Valore thinks to the group "Perhaps he is playing his tricks and we are his marks." he muses.

Shimeran
2014-07-14, 10:46 AM
Sieg thinks back "It's possible, but a bit unlikely that the goblin pack here would be willing to die to set up a trick against unknown travellers. Unless you have reason to believe they're conjured, of course. Far more likely that if this is a trickster, it's tricks are yet to come."

zingbobco000
2014-07-26, 07:37 AM
I'm back, and I'm going to let you guys work on whether or not to trust Evyl.

zingbobco000
2014-07-27, 09:48 AM
So, as this game isn't moving along...

You guys continue on the trail for about a day until it begins to get rocky and the trail begins to angle a bit higher. Rocks begin to jut out along the path and instead of dirt it's gravel. You walk for around 3 more hours when the first mountains begin to come into view. You notice that on a couple of them there seem to be holes coming out of them.

Sønderjye
2014-07-27, 01:14 PM
It could be in one of those holes. Smaul says, showing no intention of stopping

ChaosArchon
2014-07-27, 01:24 PM
"Perhaps some force is digging for something underneath the mountain?" Valore muses.

Yas392
2014-07-27, 06:01 PM
The kobolds could had dug them to make their shelter. Flora joins in with an offhand comment.

Sønderjye
2014-07-28, 07:16 AM
perhaps smaul replies.

can we fastforward to the caves or do we encounter something on the way?

zingbobco000
2014-07-28, 11:26 AM
Ok... Fast-Forwarding to Caves:

As you guys climb up the mountain you get to the mouth of one of the caves. It looks dark and you can only see the first 20 ft. into the cave. It looks a bit rocky with stalagmi(ti?)tes sticking out from the ceiling. People with low-light vision: As you look into the cave there's one path leading forward which then separates to the right so it sorta looks like this

l
l
l--
l
l
l

People with Darkvision:
You can see the same thing as Low-Light but you can see a bit farther and the path splits into two different paths.

--l
l
l
l
l--
l
l
l

Everyone make a spot check, people with LL/Darkvis make 2.

Sønderjye
2014-07-28, 12:52 PM
Blasted I forgot to bring torches. Can any of you guys see anything? Smaul says. He looks around to see if there is something that could be used as a torch.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-28, 12:58 PM
Valore stares into the darkness with his elven eyes, his hand on his rapier as he peers at the rock and cobwebs. "There appears to be a path to the right of us."

Spot: (+4, with +2 from LL) [roll0]

zingbobco000
2014-07-28, 01:37 PM
Blasted I forgot to bring torches. Can any of you guys see anything? Smaul says. He looks around to see if there is something that could be used as a torch.

You can't notice anything with your weak human eyes, but you do sense something to the left and right of you, though you're not sure what.

Valore stares into the darkness with his elven eyes, his hand on his rapier as he peers at the rock and cobwebs. "There appears to be a path to the right of us."

Spot: (+4, with +2 from LL) [roll0]

You can't really see anything other than the general layout of the cave. You also have to make a second spot check. And you don't have a +2 I said make 2 checks.

Yas392
2014-07-28, 06:31 PM
Flora takes a few minutes to calm down. She then squints her eyes, her dark vision reveals that there is much more than her two companion had foreseen. We can turn right after we venture in a little. Deeper, there is another turn to the left. I think I have some torches. So which one of you would like to be the bearer? Unloading one from her backpack, she grates the wood against the rough walls. An ember comes to live, emitting an illumination just enough to cover the party. Wielding the touch, she waits for an answer.

Might as well take 20
Spot (Take 20) - 20

zingbobco000
2014-07-28, 07:50 PM
Flora, scans the area precautiously, trying to make sure that no detail is avoided and:

You look along the area which you are in as well as the chamber but to no avail.

Sønderjye
2014-07-29, 05:54 AM
Smaul draw his weapon and staps the "something" to the left.

Shimeran
2014-07-29, 09:37 AM
Sieg burbles "I could carry it if need, not that it does me much good."

"So are we thinking of the nearer path to cut down the chance of anything coming along behind us or the further path to potentially get deeper into the mountain faster?

Sieg has blindsight, so making 2 rolls [roll0] and [roll1].

zingbobco000
2014-07-29, 06:06 PM
Smaul draw his weapon and staps the "something" to the left.

Smaul swings at empty air, and just as he does so, 3 kobolds from each side of the path jump out, surrounding you. The closest one to each of you is 10 ft. away.

Do you guys want the map for this one?

Smaul and Kobold surprise round:

Roll initiative.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-29, 06:08 PM
Upon seeing the kobolds, Valore's hand flies to his rapier as he prepares for combat.

Yas392
2014-07-29, 06:53 PM
Typical...(masking thought) Flora is not surprised as there's not a minute or maybe an hour without a battle with this kind of discipline.

Initiative - [roll]1d20+4

zingbobco000
2014-07-29, 11:18 PM
Sondre: 18
Kobold: 14

It's sondre's turn.

Shimeran
2014-07-30, 08:58 AM
Sieg instinctive projects a number of spiny bumps along his gelatinous hide to make him appear more threatening.

Just throwing up some flavor text to go with the initiative roll. [roll0]

Sønderjye
2014-07-30, 09:32 AM
Zing honestly what is the point of having an OOC when you don't read it (: I'm not against using the IC solely if that is where we decide.

Sønderjye
2014-07-30, 10:29 AM
Smaul does his usual rutine. We need at least one of them alive!

To hit touch AC: [roll0]
Strength to trip [roll1] Oh I forgot the +4 from improved trip. This is 12
To hit if trip successfull [roll2] and damage [roll3]

And eventual AAO
To hit touch AC: [roll4]
Strength to trip [roll5] This is 15 instead
To hit if trip successfull [roll6] and damage [roll7]

zingbobco000
2014-07-30, 06:38 PM
The kobold is tripped by Smaul who later tries to stab it but it rolls away from the attack. The kobold then tries to get up but as it does so is tripped by Smaul once more but this time is actually stabbed, and is now dying.

The other 5 kobolds try to avenge their comrade by attacking the party. With 1 attacking everyone.

K1 vs. Yas vs. AC: 15
K2 Vs. Chaos: 10
K3 Vs. Shimmer: 5
K4 Vs. Smaul: 13
K6 Vs. Evyl: 10

That's a lot of 1s.

Everyone who hasn't rolled initiative roll it. Evyl still has to roll...

Sondre: 18
Choas: 17
Yas: 15
Shimmer: 14
Kobolds: 14

Not sure about Evyl... Let's just say he's delaying...

Sondre turn!

Sønderjye
2014-08-03, 05:16 AM
Smaul moves 5 feet back and try to trip the kobold that tried to stap him. Why are you doing this?He a shouts in draconic.

Against touch ac: [roll0]
to trip [roll1]
To hit if tripped [roll2] n dmg [roll3]

and in case of AOO
Against touch ac: [roll4]
to trip [roll5]
To hit if tripped [roll6] n dmg [roll7]

zingbobco000
2014-08-03, 08:56 AM
The kobold yells something in draconic:
You invade our territory, you bring weapons, Redhand order to attack all intruders.

Smaul takes a step back towards another kobold then aims for one of the kobolds' legs and trips them. Then he grabs his weapon and tries to stab the kobold, but it rolls to the side of his attack.

Chaos' turn.

Sønderjye
2014-08-25, 07:37 AM
They work for Redhand, I believe they might have information, let's keep at least one alive Smaul mentally communicates to his group before trying to knock the one lying on the ground unconcious

to hit, the +4 from prone is negated by the -4 for nonlethal. [roll0]
damage, nonlethal [roll1]

AAO in case.
to hit, touch ac [roll2]
to trip [roll3]
Attack if tripped [roll4]
and nonlethal damage [roll5]

zingbobco000
2014-08-25, 09:35 AM
They work for Redhand, I believe they might have information, let's keep at least one alive Smaul mentally communicates to his group before trying to knock the one lying on the ground unconcious

to hit, the +4 from prone is negated by the -4 for nonlethal. [roll0]
damage, nonlethal [roll1]

AAO in case.
to hit, touch ac [roll2]
to trip [roll3]
Attack if tripped [roll4]
and nonlethal damage [roll5]

Another kobold is hit, and flies and hits a rock, unconscious.

Yas392
2014-08-25, 10:20 AM
Since she did not slung her bow after the battle, not surprisingly, she draws back and empties an arrow directly on the kobold who crosses her.

Move back 5 ft
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Crit confirm - [roll2]
Crit damage - [roll3]

ChaosArchon
2014-08-25, 01:35 PM
Valore dashes towards the kobolds and prepares to pierce the bodies with his blade, spinning in the air as he does, almost appearing to be dancing rather than fighting.

Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Crit Damage:[roll3]

zingbobco000
2014-08-25, 07:11 PM
The kobold which Flora shot now fells one of the kobolds, and Valore pierces one with his rapier. They then surround you once more and continue their assault. Though they don't have as many people so only Valore and Smaul are attacked.

Vs. Valore: 14

Vs. Smaul: 12

Repeat turn.

Sønderjye
2014-08-26, 02:31 AM
The kobold ducks under Smauls attack and moves in to strike him. However Smaul saw this comming and with his armored hand he hits the blade so it harmlessly flies past him.

And Valore please don't kill the unconcious before we are ready for it this time. He says as he moves slightly back to hit the kobold.
5 ft back.
Against touch AC [roll0]
to trip [roll1]
to hit if tripped [roll2]
dmg [roll3]

And if AAO
Against touch AC [roll4]
to trip [roll5]
to hit if tripped [roll6]
dmg [roll7]

zingbobco000
2014-08-26, 04:29 PM
The kobold jumps away from Smaul's trip attack. Narrowly avoiding the weapon.