PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Character Concept, chuck one at me [PF or 3.5]

Teapot Salty
2014-05-24, 07:31 PM
Hey guys. The title really says it all, I want to build a character, and I have no concept in mind, and I have the idea of a character, (well dressed) who essentially looks nonthreatening, but is in fact quite deadly. I'm thinking maybe sorcerer, rogue or swashbuckler (or all three :smalltongue:) but I'm still open. So playgrounders, would you be so kind as to supply one would you be so kind as to help me decide on a class that fits the concept :smallbiggrin:. Thanks, and as always, go nuts.

JusticeZero
2014-05-24, 07:48 PM
Limits, house rules in play, other party members, setting, expected focal play levels?

Teapot Salty
2014-05-24, 07:54 PM
Limits, house rules in play, other party members, setting, expected focal play levels?

Sources Are essentially core only with a few things that my dm deems ok, otherwise, I'm in the dark. Level 1 ideally, but I'm more after a concept than a build.

Slipperychicken
2014-05-24, 09:32 PM
Burglar who is only in the business to pay the bills. Sincerely means well, would much rather be a painter (or something else like a musician), hates being a thief, it's just that he doesn't have any marketable skills besides thievery. His single rank in Craft(Painting) doesn't exactly earn him a living, so he needs to keep returning to this detestable line of work to pay his rent. He won't fight to the death, and would sooner flee than die (runs from the fight when at half health, or when the odds aren't in the PCs' favor?), but will take risks when it's really important. Sometimes he wishes he was a wizard, so that he could stay at home, not risk death from traps or monsters, and live in peace.

Scarred Witch Doctor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-orc/scarred-witch-doctor-witch-orc), an Orc who uses his big meaty chest to cast magic, and is as strong as they come, but also dumb as a sack of potatoes. He seriously believes that he's smart, because only smart people and pretty people can cast spells. This is basically what would happen if the Barbarian Wizard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?195049-Help-Me-Be-Annoying-with-a-Barbarian-Wizard) could actually cast some spells.