PDA

View Full Version : Feats, spells, items for political campaign

Hiro Quester
2014-05-25, 11:20 AM
TLDR: suggestions for feat, items, spells to help win a mayoral election, and reconstruct a city devastated by earthquake and tragedy.

-------

So, the city is in ruins after earthquakes and nearby eruption, dragon attacks, and demon invasion. Plus many people have died because a god took retribution on the city, and killed the first-born child in many families, as well as many others.

My party, heroes who saved the city, are helping rebuild. Our two lyres of building will help.

The (free, democratic) city needs a new mayor.

One party member is a local nobleman (and high-level fighter) is going to run for mayor.

My character has just leveled. About to be 18th level Bard/SC, with perform, bluff and diplomacy maximized. Obviously I'm the campaign spokesperson. Can beat a DC50 diplomacy check, and can have +63 to bluff rolls. Also has a ring of telepathy to help read the mood of a crowd, answer questions before they are asked, modify moods with bardic music and suggestions, etc. Can also persist up to 3rd level spells.

Some people in the city blame us for what happened. I'm also doing PR to mitigate and mollify that part of the electorate.

We also have some dough to spend to outfit the party for our coming mission (beyond helping the city). This also promises to be rather social/ interaction focused, and will often require finesse rather than brute force.

(Of course, some of the dough goes to slippers of battle-dancing, which I have coveted for this bard's whole career.)

But I'm hoping for suggestions for items to purchase, a feat for 18th level (already have most of the bardic music-focused ones), 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 level wiz/sorc spells to learn ( or others on wand, scrolls, runestaff...can UMD check for other class items) that would help in a city reconstruction and political campaign?

Gildedragon
2014-05-25, 01:11 PM
Clebdecher gammerweave Ornate clothes would be good for diplo boosting

Craft (propaganda) and use amanuensis to copy fliers and distribute them.

Fix problems regarding food, water and sewage pro bono

Poison the competition...

The leadership feat would be good. Have a city watch

8wGremlin
2014-05-25, 02:56 PM
Create rune circle (races of stone)
Invest in creating 5' circles, use activated. With appropriate provided by your character message etched in to the design.

Rune circles, use activated of
Lesser vigor, free healing for the masses
Create food and drink, free food for the masses
Mount, free transport for the masses
Prestidigitation, free make overs for the masses
Etc

These are cheep, and you can make lots, especially with leadership, and or the homunculus crafter construct (AFB, getting on a plane)