PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What book to get next?

jjcrpntr
2014-05-25, 12:25 PM
Ya ya this question again.

I'm DMing a pathfinder game and I really enjoy it. I'm ONLY using pathfinder books and introducing them slowly as I get more comfortable with things. Current books I have are:

Core, APG, DM guide, Beastiary 2, Ultimate Combat.

I know most people say it's fine to just have the PDF's, and I use those, but I really like having the book right there. I'm debating between Ultimate magic, Ultimate equipment, another bestiary, or waiting for path of war.

Spore
2014-05-25, 12:39 PM
As a player I'd say UE > UM but if you're DMing? Beastiaries any day.

Kudaku
2014-05-25, 03:34 PM
Ultimate Magic has the Magus, which is an awesome class.
Ultimate Equipment is handy, but very much an optional book - it's primarily a compendium of magic items published in other books.
Bestiaries always come in handy, and if you play your own games (instead of say, running an AP) then it can be fun to surprise players with some new critters.

You didn't mention it, but unless you're planning to run a lot of games during the summer I'd consider the Advanced Class Guide.

jjcrpntr
2014-05-25, 08:02 PM
I've thought about the advanced class guide. But if I'm buying a book for classes I would probably wait for path of war. My players and I really liked tob.

Beowulf DW
2014-05-25, 08:32 PM
The bestiaries can be pretty fun. But if you're interested in the official setting, some of those books can help breath life into things. Even if you aren't interested in the official setting, they can be useful for ideas to incorporate into your own game.