PDA

View Full Version : Celestial Druid Feats.

Grams
2014-05-25, 02:41 PM
Starting at 11
Strongheart Halfing Druid 6, Lion of Talisid 5
1 Natural Bond
Race Favored of the Companions (Talisid)
4 Strong Stomach (Druid level Sub)
*5 Exaulted Wildshape (DM allowing me to hold back this feat)
6 Companion Spellbound
9 Natural Spell
10 Exaulted Companion (prc)
12 ?
15 ?
18 ?

My tiger companion feats are:
1 Alertness (Strd)
3 Imp Nat: Bite (Strd)
6 Imp Nat: Clawx2 (Strd/magebred)
9 Mage Slayer
12 ?
15 Rapid Strike

He's a celestial druid focused toward self and companion buffs to deal heavy melee damage. With other spell slots reserved for strong utility.

I want to stray away from the basic or static feats such as power attack, imp initiative and even meta magics... I'm trying to find flavorful druid feats that will compliment and add dynamic to the character. For example, my crusader, in a different game, has taken leadership and landlord in order to start his own church and following.

If you guys know of any druid specific or good aligned specific feats (I've looked at exaulteds) I'd like to hear about them...

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-05-25, 03:35 PM
Magic of the Land from Races of the Wild can be decent if you're casting a lot of friendly buffs, and it can make your crowd controls damage undead.

I'll assume you're using a Celestial version of the Magebred Ghost Tiger in Five Nations, which should be at 10 HD from your animal companion benefits. Say you used Handle Animal to give it the Warbeast template from MM2, which puts it at 11 HD and other benefits (+10 ft. land speed, Str +3, Con +3, Wis +2). Give it two flaws (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm), probably Bestial Instinct and No Time For Book Learning (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?258440-The-quot-Best-quot-Flaws#30), for two extra feats. With those two feats give it Sacred Vow and Vow of Poverty, so it gains the VoP benefits of an 11th level character. I'd give it Pierce Magical Protection for its 12th level feat, and for its bonus exalted feats it should definitely have Nymph's Kiss at its 1st HD. You could instead make its 9th and 12th level feats Shape Soulmeld: Strongheart Vest and any feat that gives a point of essentia, and give it Nimbus of Light and Stigmata via bonus exalted feats so it can use Stigmata without actually taking any Con damage.

Angelalex242
2014-05-25, 04:41 PM
Touch of Golden Ice is powerful when shapechanged. Sure, it's mostly a 'don't roll a 1' debuff, but it's also always on, and if the bad guy had to roll 20 saving throws, he'll roll a 1 eventually.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-05-25, 05:30 PM
Touch of Golden Ice is powerful when shapechanged. Sure, it's mostly a 'don't roll a 1' debuff, but it's also always on, and if the bad guy had to roll 20 saving throws, he'll roll a 1 eventually.

Arguably, when you take the feat Touch of Golden Ice it becomes a special attack and the DC is 10 + 1/2 your HD + your Con bonus, assuming it works the same way as poison special attacks.

Angelalex242
2014-05-25, 06:27 PM
Touch of Golden Ice does not have a scaling DC, sadly.

You can houserule it that way, but by RAW, it does not.

So Golden Ice is always DC 14, initial damage 1d6 dex, secondary 2d6 dex.

It is an interesting rule that the charisma of the afflicted creature is added to the damage.

So, a charisma 18 evil bard takes 1d6+4 dex, then 2d6+4 dex.

Evil elementals and evil undead take an extra point. (+5/+5), with charisma 18.

Evil outsiders and any class (or somebody with vile feats) with the aura of evil class feature (like evil clerics) take 2 extra points (+6/+6), with charisma 18

eggynack
2014-05-25, 06:50 PM
You may want to consider words of creation, with particular attention paid to the ability to extend conjuration (creation) spells. You need pretty high non-wis mental stats to pull it off, but it's likely the third best druid exalted feat if you can take it. Your feats are put together kinda weird, incidentally. You should toss natural spell to 6th, companion spellbond to 3rd, and exalted wild shape to 9th. It's somewhat irrelevant to the finished character, but it's a cleaner, more accurate, and more rules legal progression.

Rhaegar14
2014-05-25, 07:01 PM
Are you taking Lion of Talisid for fluff reasons? Because if I recall correctly (I don't have access to my books at this time) Lion of Talisid levels are almost strictly inferior to straight Druid. And if you don't go Lion of Talisid you free up another feat slot, since you don't need Favored of the Companions.

eggynack
2014-05-25, 07:06 PM
Are you taking Lion of Talisid for fluff reasons? Because if I recall correctly (I don't have access to my books at this time) Lion of Talisid levels are almost strictly inferior to straight Druid. And if you don't go Lion of Talisid you free up another feat slot, since you don't need Favored of the Companions.
It's not really strictly inferior. Just kinda a bit inferior. You lose two levels of wild shape progression, lock one of your feats into exalted companion, and gain immunity to fear (and a +4 against mind affecting), scent, occasional haste, and a free holy word three times a day. It's pretty much just a reskinned druid.

Grams
2014-05-25, 07:39 PM
and pounce... universal pounce + wildshape can get nasty; in theory.

eggynack
2014-05-25, 07:46 PM
and pounce... universal pounce + wildshape can get nasty; in theory.
True enough. You could always just go with a pounce form, though. Some of them are pretty strong.

Bronk
2014-05-25, 08:59 PM
Touch of Golden Ice does not have a scaling DC, sadly.

You can houserule it that way, but by RAW, it does not.

So Golden Ice is always DC 14, initial damage 1d6 dex, secondary 2d6 dex.

Touch of Golden Ice is a feat that bestows upon the character the ability to ravage those they touch with the Golden Ice ravage, and all ravages are supernatural (BoED, page 35). As a supernatural ability, the save DC does scale by level (rules compendium, page 119).