PDA

View Full Version : Genesis and Plane Shift

Dalasio
2014-05-25, 06:18 PM
So, I've recently come across a semi large amount of money for my level (6) And I wanted to buy a Custom Runestaff that has 1/day Genesis and Plane Shift. I was planning to Plane Shift to the Ethereal plane, cast Genesis, and then have my on demiplane that I could travel back and forth to. Would this be possible for me to do?

Cruiser1
2014-05-25, 06:31 PM
So, I've recently come across a semi large amount of money for my level (6) And I wanted to buy a Custom Runestaff that has 1/day Genesis and Plane Shift. I was planning to Plane Shift to the Ethereal plane, cast Genesis, and then have my on demiplane that I could travel back and forth to. Would this be possible for me to do?
A Runestaff requires expending one of your own arcane spell slots to power the spell inside of it. At level 6 you presumably can only cast 3rd level spells, so can't activate the Runestaff yet. You want a standard non-Runestaff Staff containing these spells (which is significantly more expensive unless you can buy partially charged versions of them).

Jack_Simth
2014-05-26, 02:43 PM

What you want is a scroll of Genesis, and a commissioned Cubic Gate, for the exact reasons Cruiser1 mentioned.