PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Rise of the Kitka

r2d2go
2014-05-25, 06:28 PM
Lead by the head guard of the afflicted quadrant's farm, you reach the edge of civilization, and the beginning of the forest. Fortunately for you, the road is mostly untouched these days, and blood still stains the forest path.

"This is where I leave. Good luck - though I'm sure you won't need it."

And with that, the party is left alone.

SwordChucks
2014-05-26, 05:18 PM
Hmm. I'll see if I can figure out what left these tracks.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20+13

Do we know of any places in the forest, like hunting lodges, cabins or caves where these tracks might be headed?

SwordChucks
2014-05-26, 05:22 PM
sorry I previewed the post and screwed up the roll

[roll0]

r2d2go
2014-05-26, 11:36 PM
Hmm. I'll see if I can figure out what left these tracks.

Knowledge (nature): [roll0]

Do we know of any places in the forest, like hunting lodges, cabins or caves where these tracks might be headed?

The road leads all the way to the mountains, where about a half-hour walk in there is an abandoned mine. That's all that's known of the forest.

In terms of the tracks, it's no animal you know of, though they do somewhat resemble large lizard claws.

r2d2go
2014-05-28, 06:54 PM
From the shadows, you notice two pairs of small, glowing red eyes. They stare at the party intently for a fraction of a second, and then are gone, accompanied by the patter of feet into the woods.

You haven't seen creatures with that size of glowing red eyes, but you fight all sorts of monsters, most of which you see for the first time in the process of hunting them.

Arjhan
2014-05-28, 06:56 PM
Let us take the fight to the enemy, whatever they are. Defense is an abysmal bore.
Assuming we have no mounts available. The red robe will advance down the road as far as the mine and wait for the rest of the party there.
Tell me if anyone knows what these tracks are.

BygoneQuill
2014-05-28, 06:58 PM
I'll be going... we're too loud to properly sneak up on anything. I'll scout ahead, I won't be too far away from you guys though.
Move Silently: (1d20+5)[10]
Take it easy Scorpio... you'll find that nothing will be fun if you find yourself without a head.

Arjhan
2014-05-28, 07:18 PM
Fire can fix the vast majority or my problems, though I am afraid you are right, in that complete decapitation could be detrimental to one's health. Glory to Kord! Let's go.
I'm going to run the whole way there

SwordChucks
2014-05-28, 07:22 PM
Dexter places a rock in his ridiculous miner's helmet and follows after Scorpio with Johnny the wonder mule in tow.

Let's proceed carefully, dying would make for a bad story.

To emphasize this point Dex draws his longbow and keeps it in the hand opposite the lead rope.

r2d2go
2014-05-28, 07:30 PM
A mere thirty feet down the road, and well within eyeshot of the rest of the party, two flasks of alchemist's fire fling out of the forest. Additionally, the ground crumbles under his feet and he finds himself falling into a well-disguised pit trap. An almost doglike laughter rings from the forest, though it seems to be fairly far away.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Make two reflex saves. Also, take 4 fire damage.

One flask of fire misses completely, crashing into the underbrush and causing a small burst of smoke and embers. The other barely hits Scorpio on the shoulder as he falls, but the impact causes the flask to explode, lighting him on fire in a blast of flaming liquid. However, no further attack materializes.

SwordChucks
2014-05-28, 08:36 PM
Initiative roll? [roll0]

Dexter grabs his silk rope from Johnny and ties it to his saddle throwing the other end into the pit.
Use Rope: [roll1]
(ooc: this probably takes a couple turns to do. I'll keep trying to help him unless something stops me.)

Say something if you're alive down there!

BygoneQuill
2014-05-28, 08:37 PM
They seem far away, we should set up an ambush. It shouldn't be too long before they try to see what they caught.

r2d2go
2014-05-28, 10:46 PM
Despite the apparent danger, there is no further attack throughout the short time it takes Johnny to haul Scorpio out of the pit. However, after a short time, the red eyes appear again, seeming to goad you into following.

Arjhan
2014-05-29, 06:49 PM
I think I'll be fine. Just a bit of a surprise. Someone go get whatever's in the forest.

[roll0]
[roll1]

SwordChucks
2014-05-30, 02:49 PM
I can use my belt to heal you if you think it necessary. I have a keen eye for traps so I'll search just ahead of the party.

Dex swaps his morning star for his spear and carefully walks ahead of the party poking the ground ahead with the spear-butt.

Search check for traps: [roll0]

r2d2go
2014-05-30, 04:24 PM
Only one more trap surfaces as you check the ground - another round of Alchemist's Fire, which misses you entirely due to your care. The creatures seem to have disappeared down the road, as you are no longer bothered by their goading.

Batpope Scott
2014-05-30, 05:56 PM
"This is already going well. Let it be noted that the foes we face are intelligent and conniving as well as evil."

Aurelius draws his massive blade and holds it in a firm two handed grip as he follows behind the group's resident trap expert.

BygoneQuill
2014-05-30, 10:29 PM
This is a much sounder way to travel. With luck i might be able to enjoy a nice ale before the end of the day.
I follow suit with Aurelius and hold my kusarigame at the ready.

r2d2go
2014-05-31, 12:20 AM
You reach the mine without a problem, but it has transformed somewhat. The passage has been roughly carved out, so that rather than a small tunnel there is now an approximately fifteen foot wide passage. The ground is covered with damp red moss, and the walls and ceiling are covered in scratches, gouges, and the occasional patch of ash. The air around smells strongly of oil, and every so often a gust of wind will blow out of the cave.

BygoneQuill
2014-05-31, 10:39 AM
This looks promising. Before we walk in the front door let's see if there are any other ways to enter the mine. It's hard to have a mine with only one entrance, there wouldn't be enough fresh air for the workers. With luck, if the trees are close enough i could stay off the ground to get a better view.

Quill looks at the trees and decides to walk/use acrobatic leaping to search for another entrance.
Search (1d20)[14]

Arjhan
2014-05-31, 12:07 PM
Let's clear out whatever's in this place.
I cast lesser orb of energy fire into the tunnel. Let them burn!
recharge[roll0]

r2d2go
2014-05-31, 12:21 PM
By climbing trees, you do find another "entrance" at the top of the mountain, but it's only two feet or so wide. As you would expect, it seems to be for taking in air, and there's a suction strong enough to slightly contort the underbrush nearby.

However, shortly after Quill climbs the trees, Scorpio's orb of fire shoots down the tunnel, showing that after fifty feet or so, the tunnel seems to end, with only an approximately three foot wide hole in the wall. However, as the orb of fire bursts against the wall, an ember strikes the moss... and the entire cavern immediately lights up, a wave of fire coming towards the party as each piece of moss erupts in a geyser of flame.

Make a reflex save.

BygoneQuill
2014-05-31, 03:33 PM
(1d20)[10]

SwordChucks
2014-05-31, 04:02 PM
reflex: [roll0]
Well...that just happened. Probably set of some traps or alarms, and someone HAD to hear that.

After picking himself back up, Dex casts light on the rock in his miner's helmet and replaces his spear with the morning star.

I'll do trap detail again.
Search using insight point: [roll1]

r2d2go
2014-05-31, 05:31 PM
Check the OoC thread! Also, I realize that each person making saves takes forever, so I think I'll make saves for people. On that note:
Aurelian: [roll0]
Scorpio: [roll1]

Aurelian, Scorpio, and Dexter all manage to dive away from the brunt of the fiery blast, but in a moment of painful irony, the rather-dexterous Quill stumbles on a stone and is engulfed by flame.

Aurelian: Take 1 damage
Scorpio: Take 3 damage
Dexter: Take 1 damage
Quill: Take 8 damage

Once Dexter is back up and searching, he finds that the rest of the cavern is entirely untrapped. Additionally, the small hole at the end extends inwards at least thirty feet and seems to be untrapped as well, though it is covered in ash and scratches.

BygoneQuill
2014-05-31, 07:49 PM
That hole looks interesting, i'll get through it unheard and unseen and come back to tell you guys what's on the other side.
Move Silently (1d20+13)[33]
Hide (1d20+13)[32]

r2d2go
2014-05-31, 09:46 PM
Listen: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4] [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8], [roll9]
Extra: [roll]1d20[roll], [roll10], [roll11], [roll12]

Quill silently crawls down the small passage, and despite the rather dark, cramped conditions manages to make it thirty feet in. From there, he can just make out an exit, but it has at least a half dozen creatures watchfully guarding it. Light pours in from the exit, as if the cave was brightly lit something within.

The creatures are reptilian humanoids, standing around two and a half feet tall, with scales ranging from dark rusty brown to a rusty black color. They have non-prehensile tails and glowing red eyes, and wear mostly blackened leather armor atop ragged red cloth. One, about twice as tall as the others, wears a dented steel breastplate and hefts a stone greatsword - the rest aim crossbows inwards.

SwordChucks
2014-06-01, 12:38 AM
Dexter casts Message targeting himself and his party.

Whispering:This should let us communicate while you scout. Make sure to keep your voice down. It'll wear off in under an hour though.

Dex covers the light coming from his helmet and draws his morning star and sickle.

Edit: also leaving Johnny tied up just in the tree line so he can graze, and storing Dex's cloak, snorkel, longbow, and arrows.

Whispering:I'll watch Quill's back as he scouts.

SwordChucks
2014-06-01, 09:12 AM
Dex moves up to the hole Quill dropped into and waits hidden.
Move Silently + insight: [roll0]
Hide +insight: [roll1]

BygoneQuill
2014-06-01, 11:09 AM
Whispers:Alright, I see around half a dozen lizard folk standing at around 76 centimeters and a larger one twice the size with a large sword near the exit. Some of them have Crossbows. You guys allow me to move up a little closer and then move in. Even if you are detected, if I move a good 15 to 20 feet from the tunnel there's a chance I can stay in the shadow. I'll try and get behind the bigger one and be swift about it...
Scorpio, no fire, or anything loud until Dex tells you to move.
I recommend that Scorpio be first through the passageway, followed by Aurelian and then Dex.

Quill begins to maneuver quite carefully in an attempt to hug the walls and remain undetected while the rest of the party moves through the tunnel. He takes out his weapon and holds it at his right hip.

r2d2go
2014-06-01, 01:06 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

[/tr]
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
[/tr]

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
:

Q

K

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
:

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

K = big kobold
: = two kobolds
Q = Quill

Please post where you'd like to start - anywhere in the tunnel and the cavern to the left of it, using coordinates of the form (letter)#.

Batpope Scott
2014-06-01, 01:28 PM
Aurelius nods his assent and moves to be a good twenty feet away from Quill, giving Scorpio enough time to move forward.

He does his best to be quiet, but his armor isn't exactly helpful.

[roll0] Move Silently
[roll1] Hide

Moving to... F6 I think? The F square in the tunnel.

Arjhan
2014-06-01, 04:41 PM
Scorpio whispers:Assignment acknowledged. Though I still believe that liberal applications of fire will fix our problems.
I move up to J6. Scorpio draws his scythe from his backpack, which seems too small to fit an object that large. He then waits for the signal to advance, or an attack from the hostiles.
move silently:[roll0]
hide:[roll1]

r2d2go
2014-06-01, 08:43 PM
Assuming Dexter is behind Scorpio...

As Aurelian walks into the corridor, all hell breaks loose. Holes in the walls appear, previously perfectly concealed by dirt and moss, and a half dozen flasks of alchemist's fire crash into the hallway. The majority fly at Scorpio, splashing onto Quill and Dexter, while a one flies at each other member of the target. Then, the kobolds aim their crossbows.

Roll initiative.

Dexter Saves: [roll0]: [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4]
Scorpio Saves: [roll5]: [roll6], [roll7]: [roll8], [roll9]: [roll10], [roll11]
Quill Saves: [roll12]: [roll13], [roll14], [roll15], [roll16]
Aurelian: [roll17]: [roll18]

r2d2go
2014-06-01, 08:46 PM
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Take 13 damage. You're burning.
Take 1 damage.
Take 7 damage. You're burning.
Take 3 damage.

SwordChucks
2014-06-01, 11:13 PM
Knowledge(local) check to identify kobolds +insight point: [roll0]

Hey Scorpio, remember how you were supposed to wait for my signal to burn everything? Signal!
Quill let's pick off the little guys. Aurelian big guy's all yours. If you need healing call out.

Dex moves past Quill while trying to stay low.

moving from G6 to M6. 5 insight points remaining this combat.

r2d2go
2014-06-02, 01:41 AM
Scorpio: [roll0]
Quill: [roll1]
Dexter: [roll2]
Aurelian: [roll3]
Small Kobolds: [roll4]
Big Kobold: [roll5]
Hidden: [roll6]

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

[/tr]
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
[/tr]

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

A

D

S
Q
K

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
:

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

K = big kobold
. = one kobold
Q = Quill
S = Scorpio
A = Aurelian
D = Dexter

Sorry, I'll take your actions right after Scorpio and the kobolds.

Arjhan
2014-06-02, 02:11 AM
Feel the power of FIRE!
I move to P6.
Burning hands:[roll0]
recharge:[roll1]

r2d2go
2014-06-02, 05:24 AM
Saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Attack Rolls:
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
Damage Rolls:
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

The kobolds dive out of the way of your cone of flame, avoiding the brunt of the scorching burst and thus managing to stay conscious. Then, they return fire, the small kobolds each firing a crossbow bolt at you. However, your armor deflects all but one of the bolts, which slips through the gap between layers of chain and sinks painfully into your chest.

Take 7 damage.

Dexter then moves up in the tunnel, passing Quill and readying his weapons.

BygoneQuill
2014-06-02, 04:15 PM
Alright!
Quill charges forward (Q6) and lashes out at a kobold in (R5) with the chain of the kusarigame
(1d6+2)[7]
[roll0]

r2d2go
2014-06-03, 12:57 AM
As Quill lashes out with his kusarigama, the sickle manages to slice the kobold he targeted just between two scales on the throat, the power of his charge making it cut so deeply the kobold dies immediately, its head nearly separated from it's neck.

However, the largest kobold almost immediately takes advantage of his extended position, stepping towards Quill and countering with a brutal swing of his greatsword. As the kobold swings, a brilliant trail of golden sparks bursts from from the brute's blade, but Quill effortlessly ducks under the clumsy swing. The greatsword cleaves into the wall, sending a minor jolt of electricity to all nearby but for the most part, only depriving the kobold of his sword.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1], [roll2]

r2d2go
2014-06-03, 01:02 AM
However, immediately following the complete miss by the large kobold, a second wave of fire comes through the walls. This time, anyone who cares to look can see the clear, bloodred eyes of the kobolds, throwing flasks through the holes.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]
[roll6], [roll7]
[roll8], [roll9]
[roll10], [roll11]

About half of the flasks come through towards Scorpio, splashing onto Quill while burning Scorpio severely, while one is aimed at Quill, splashing onto both Scorpio and the large kobold. However, while the flaming liquid painfully burns the two party members, the large kobold seems unaffected, merely baring his claws after leaving his greatsword as a lost cause. Meanwhile, Aurelian and Dexter each get one thrown at them, Dexter managing to sidestep the flask but Aurelian taking an exceptionally well aimed impact to the head, though luckily most of the flames do not land directly on him.

Take 10 damage, and you're on fire (reflex save DC 15 next turn to avoid 1d6 if you don't take more fire damage)
Take 4 damage.
Take 4 damage, and you're on fire (reflex save DC 15 next turn to avoid 1d6 damage if you don't take more fire damage)
Take 1 damage.

Arjhan
2014-06-03, 07:14 PM
I would request healing.
lesser orb of energy, lightning to the big guy:attack:[roll0]damage:[roll1]
recharge[roll2]

r2d2go
2014-06-03, 10:39 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

[/tr]
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
[/tr]

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
D

A

S
Q
K

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

K = big kobold
Q = Quill
S = Scorpio
A = Aurelian
D = Dexter

The three remaining crossbow kobolds each fire a second shot, then scamper into the cave, apparently not too eager to fall to the same fate as their ally. While normally, Quill would be able to lash out with his chain as the kobolds turned their backs, a well aimed crossbow bolt sinks deep into his chest, and he falls unconscious before the opportunity arises.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

Take 9 damage. You're at -5 and bleeding.

SwordChucks
2014-06-04, 02:18 AM
Moving to (R5)

Dexter dashes to attack the large kobold.

Just a moment more friends.

Attack1:[roll0]
Attack2:[roll1]
Damage1:[roll2]
Damage2:[roll3]
(+4 to attack and damage from Know weakness and Knowledge devotion, +4 to attack rolls from insight points. 3 insight points remaining)

r2d2go
2014-06-04, 03:28 AM
Dexter dashes forward, swinging viciously with his morningstar and sickle. Unfortunately, the large kobold just barely dashes out of the way of the first swing, the morningstar smashing into the ground and sending shards of rock in all directions. The second, however, manages to catch the kobold on the thigh, and he roars in pain as blood spurts from the deep cut. His strength seems to be fading, but his rage-filled eyes show he is still decidedly alive and dangerous.

Aurelian, seeing the nearly-slain foe, sprints to finish him, imbuing his sword with fire before making a vicious slash, the blade bursting into flame and nearly bisecting the brute. His lifeless body falls to the ground, sizzling with the residual fire magic of Aurelian's mighty blow.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

[roll3], [roll4]
[roll5], [roll6]
[roll7], [roll8]
[roll9], [roll10]

However, in response, a volley of alchemist's fire crashes into Aurelian, three of them crashing directly into him, the fourth one smashing harmlessly against the wall. Then, a portion of the wall on either side of the entryway opens, two extraordinarily well camouflaged canvases materializing and dropping to the ground, and six kobolds come sprinting out. Two, apparently less distracted by attacking Aurelian, manage to get far into the cave, whereas the rest are still well within the party's reach.

Aurelian: Take 14, on fire.
Dexter, Scorpio, Quill: Take 3 (Quill is probably -9 and bleeding)

At this point, the entire party can see well into the cave, and it becomes apparent that this is no dingy mine shaft. The cave opens into a thirty foot high cavern, with dozens of tunnels leaving from the sides, each with some unknown letter etched above the opening. Two tunnels are exceptionally large - one fifteen feet high, with golden lettering, and one ten feet high, with a pile of what appears to be farming scythes and wheelbarrows on either end of it. The mysterious source of lighting is a opening in the ceiling, where a bright but seemingly unnatural glow emanates, filling the room. As the battle rages, a kobold, dressed in a gold-gilded breastplate and a robe, runs into the cave, eyes crackling with blue and gold energy, scanning over the party. Then, though the energy fades, its eyes remain wide, seeming almost surprised. A moment later, the room is filled with a deep rumbling sound, and the kobolds all drop to their knees as if in prayer.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w

w
w
w

:

w
w

w
w
D

S
A

P

w
w

w
w

w
w
w

:

w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_

P = Priest Kobold
S = Scorpio
A = Aurelian (with Quill lying beneath him)
D = Dexter

Arjhan
2014-06-04, 05:47 PM
What sort of trickery is this 'O Fancy Kobold in the Vestments of One of the Benevolent Deities? SHOW YOUR TRUE SELF AND FACE THE WRATH OF FIRE
Double move to J6 then ready action to cast color spray on the priest and any other Kobolds I can catch if any action occurs except moving and speaking. recharge:[roll0]

SwordChucks
2014-06-04, 08:43 PM
Dexter moves to Quill and uses two charges from his healing belt.
[roll0]

Hold on. You can pull through.

I really hope this works Quill. I'll get Scorpio next turn.

r2d2go
2014-06-04, 09:54 PM
Aurelian, noting that Dexter appears to be preparing to heal Scorpio once done bringing Quill out of mortal danger, hastily discharges a jolt of positive energy into Quill to expedite his recovery before moving adjacent to the now kneeling kobolds, placing himself in a position to execute at least one if they flee. However, they make no move to escape and simply mutter in apparent prayer as the rumbling grows into a deafening roar.

[roll0]

BygoneQuill
2014-06-04, 10:22 PM
Thanks friend. We should stay by the tunnel, If my gut is right, there is something big coming.If it is too powerful for us, that tunnel may prove too small for it, giving us a chance to recover if things turn sour.
Quill moves to C8 steeled for whatever is to come.

r2d2go
2014-06-04, 11:30 PM
As Quill dashes into the tunnel, it becomes clear what has created such a cacophony. A huge golden dragon, bigger than even a rich man's house, crashes through the gold-etched tunnel and breathes fire into the air. Then, with a eerie silence, it stops in its tracks without another sound. Suddenly, you all hear a voice in your heads:

Stop this folly. You, intruders, have been deceived.

With this, a wave of fear passes through the party, so powerful that none can even hope to resist it. Each of you is rooted to the spot in awe, and can only stare as the dragon continues to speak in your minds.

My priestess sees that none of you are evil, in fact, only one is bound by law. Our caverns have only those without malice or restraint in their hearts. You have no enemies here.

The great dragon nods, and the robed kobold, presumably the priestess, begins walking to each of you, healing you with a gently glowing golden claw. Once you are all healed, the dragon resumes speaking.

My name is Hlal. I have forseen a great cataclysm, one that will tear apart not just our peace, but that of the continent. At first, I believed this disturbance, powerful enough to withstand our defenses and even grow close to defeating them, was it. But now I know it is of much greater significance.

Images of death and destruction rise in your minds. A silhouette of a creature leaps over a wooden city wall, coming to face a dozen guards, of all races, even kobolds. It pauses for a fraction of a second, then leaps, slaying four within seconds, spears shattering as they glance off the creature. Then, the shadow dissipates to show a strange, almost wolflike creature but made of bonelike plates and bearing huge, footlong claws. A second bursts through the wall, nearly as big as the dragon, its back an inverted ribcage filled with burning bodies. At the same time, you feel Hlal sift through your minds, seeing what you have seen, hearing what you have heard.

Now, I can see what the enemy is. These beings must be stopped, and they can only be stopped with all of our power. For all my hatred of the Lady Tiamat, I can see that her power is great, and that her treatment of the people kind, even if it is only to keep herself in power.

Hlal brings a mighty claw forward, pointing at Scorpio. At first, it seems accusing, but then her eyes soften, her aura of menace weakening.

This one knows. This one can bring us together. I think he would find my beliefs equally befitting his fiery soul, and would not shackle him as my sister's cult has. Descendant of fire, you must take a place in the Council. If you do so, you have my blessing, and I will see that your devotion to fire does not go unrewarded or unseen.

Finally, Hlal straightens, her head brushing on the cave ceiling.

If my presence was known, the cult would not tolerate my existence. That is why I have not revealed myself until now, and that is why I ask of you the same. If you wish to maintain our world as we know it, you must keep my existence a secret until we have reached a pact - one that even my scheming sister would not dare break. As much as it pains me to resort to binding, it may be the only way to survive. Your fiery friend can tell you how to breach the Council. Do so and coerce them into signing this, and you all will have my blessing. Then, we shall go to war.

A thin sheet of pure gold floats down from the light in the cave, landing on the ground. Runes, glowing electric blue, are traced on it's surface, and there are two columns of five lines each. A moment later, it rolls itself into a small cylinder, and becomes coated in what appears to be a protective metal container, further etched with gold. Finally, Hlal taps the ground with her claw, and a small wave of gold pieces spout out of the ground.

The more I give you, the more my power wanes. Thus, I leave you with this small boon, but once the contract is signed, I will have the power to give you more. Until then, I wish you luck - I think you will find it most helpful.

Hlal walks back into her cave, her tail flicking in dismissal. The paralytic fear fades, and you find yourselves able to move again.

Arjhan
2014-06-06, 05:49 PM
I do believe that we should do as the mighty one wishes. All I know of this is that there is some controlling faction in the town. I also believe that at least some of the councilors are Kobolds in disguise and are part of this conspiracy. The best target I can think of is the master of public affairs who creates the disguises. His demise would destabilize the rest of the councilors and give us a powerful position to fill. I am up to further questions and suggestions; however, don't ask about my mistress.

BygoneQuill
2014-06-06, 10:45 PM
I do love to talk about political affairs... why don't we go back to town? rest, investigate, booze...booze sounds like a wonderful idea

SwordChucks
2014-06-07, 12:35 AM
After our combined beat down I second the booze suggestion.
Scorpio will you be carrying the contract? Further what should we do with the gold. *whispering: and that kobold's sword. It looked magic to me.

r2d2go
2014-06-07, 12:43 AM
Noticing the talk of "booze", one of the kobold's eyes light up, and he pulls out a sort of wineskin made of plant matter and takes a swig. Then, he tosses it towards Dexter and Quill, grinning. "You drinking people? This good drink." His eyes seem to unfocus as the alcohol takes effect, and he lies down, staring contentedly at the ceiling.

BygoneQuill
2014-06-07, 12:51 AM
Why hello there my friend!
It's rather difficult to find people who have taste for "good drink"
Quill reaches out for the drink and very excitedly takes a large swig. A few drops fall off of his chin that make the dexterous acrobat look like the ordinary drunkard.

r2d2go
2014-06-07, 01:05 AM
As Quill tips back the wineskin, a nearby kobold seems to notice how far it's tipped back and shouts a warning, but it's too late. Immediately, Quill's eyes glaze over and he staggers, as if he had just had several tankards of alcohol rather than a swig.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8]

You take a -4 penalty to Wisdom and to Dexterity. Also, things are turning strange colors and you can't see straight.

The kobold who had taken a swig earlier sees this, and merely points and laughs. "This stuff strong. Your friend stop seeing things in three, four hours. Then he just have headache." He laughs again and goes back to staring at the ceiling.

The priestess just sighs. "Forgive my inebriated friend. He brews that stuff himself - it's a bit frightening, what he puts in there. Do any of you need anything? We don't have much, but we'll do anything we can to help the ones chosen by Hlal." She looks sadly at her fallen friends, but then quickly shakes her head and glances at the remaining kobolds. She barks something in some foreign language, and the begin dragging corpses away.

She said "You know what to do" to her allies. A sort of shadowy, whispering voice tells you she is speaking Draconic, but while it seems like it should be rather disturbing, you feel like the voice is here to help.

BygoneQuill
2014-06-07, 06:48 PM
This, is... truly...wonderful. You there! Ko-guh...Kobold, whatsurnam? And What!... is in disLiL botl-uh?
I'm eddin ack town Quill, pauses and is apparently struggling more and more to talk.
Wutsur favit drink n'town uh?

The troubled expression on Quill's face turns into one of euphoria as he begins turning towards the exit

Arjhan
2014-06-07, 11:18 PM
speaking to the priestess:I request knowledge of why your lord wishes me to join him. I see no fear or control here. How are you productive? The drunken one for example, he can't be any good for your society why do you let him stay here? Could you please inform me of the mandates of your lord?
to the drunkard(quietly):Could I perhaps obtain a few samples of your beverage, I have a few tongues that could use loosening up? Also would you be interested in a partnership to create more potent liqueurs and perhaps mass produce them? I would recommend poisonous salamanders, pickled, as your base.
After the priestess answers my questions and Quill leaves:I'll carry the contract. We should make sure Quill doesn't fall off a cliff and we should be getting back to town.

r2d2go
2014-06-07, 11:31 PM
The priestess simply stares blankly as you speak, then chuckles once you finish. "We have no lord here. Our higher authority is my lady Hlal, and beneath that is me. We are free to do what we wish, but all contribute. Besides, there is plenty to go around. My friend here not only brews rather potent alcohol for general use, but also is incredibly skilled at gathering the raw materials for our alchemist's fire production. He also is amazingly good at fighting when drunk - one of our better marksmen, in fact. We all have our place, even if many are not obvious at first glance. If you should join us, you would too."

"In terms of mandates, we have but one - better our community. There are guidelines, things we are expected to do, but they are not set in stone. We do what we can, and that is more than enough. Our food stores are always overflowing, and there are always more tools and equipment than we need. The caves are vast and ever expanding by our tunnels - we have a entire cavern purely for our head trapsmith to destroy testing his weaponry and our alchemist's concoctions. While there is always a danger that we will be attacked, our people are strong and our faith unites us. You may think our defensive lines were almost gone, but in fact we have two more before you reached our farms, three before our residential area, and four before Hlal was even remotely in danger. We are strong and prosperous - with Hlal leading us, there is no need for restrictions here."

When you whisper your suggestion to the drunk kobold, he quietly snorts. "Salamander? Just make more poisonous. Use salamanders to grow mushrooms, use to smoke moss, keep good flavor but don't kill self. I get started, give to you when you come back." He staggers off into one of the tunnels, evidently to make some more of his absurdly strong drink.

r2d2go
2014-06-08, 06:46 PM
To move things forward, I'm shifting scenes to town - anyone who wants to do anything in the cave still, you're still there until you decide to catch up.

Those who walk back to town are greeted by the familiar welcome of several attendants, who bring you to the room where you are generally given missions and debriefed. After exchanging pleasantries, the Mayor gets down to business, asking for an explanation of what occurred. Hlal's voice seems to ring in your ears, a reminder of secrets to be kept.

By now you've sobered up a bit - still drunk but not wasted nor tripping by any means. You have a -1 penalty to Dex and Wis.

Arjhan
2014-06-08, 11:46 PM
To the Mayor:I believe we have eliminated any threat to the main body of settlers. We managed to completely eliminate a quite large kobold den. We did acquire a certain amount of gold. we need a bit of time to resupply and prepare for another expedition though if you have any details on the next quest they would be appreciated.
Scorpio will then go to the alchemist's shop and the library to buy some tangle foot bags and talk to the respective shop owners.

r2d2go
2014-06-09, 03:52 AM
The mayor raises his eyebrows briefly at the news, but quickly changes into a congratulations. "Excellent! I would expect nothing less from this group. We'll be sure to have a feast for you soon. In terms of more quests... there are none at the moment, but I assure you I will notify all of you the moment I hear any news."

He then begins walking back to his chambers. "I'm terribly sorry, but I have quite a few bureaucratic things to untangle at the moment, so I must take my leave. Again, fantastic work. I'm sure I'll see you all soon."

BygoneQuill
2014-06-09, 04:38 PM
Quill starts screaming out while experiencing the kobold's drug as he makes his way to the nearest tavern
Back den! i wus alil boy n notin bu-HIC...music..n me family..
His voice trails off as he seems to be recalling what life was like before his family was slaughtered.

SwordChucks
2014-06-09, 05:50 PM
Dexter follows Quill to make sure he doesn't get in to too much trouble, particularly his now full pockets.

I'm pretty sure you drank lamp oil mixed with peyote. Let's get you drunk on something less hallucinogenic.

Dex tries to keep Quill talking interested in his past.

r2d2go
2014-06-09, 06:55 PM
You walk into a nearby tavern, where Quill is fairly well known for drinking. People seem shocked at the fact that he's drunk, most likely due to his legendary liver. You are welcomed in with laughter and free drinks, the people obvious excited to hear about your latest adventure.

Dexter's observation was spot on: that's actually pretty much exactly what he drank :smallbiggrin:

Arjhan
2014-06-09, 09:30 PM
upon returning to the tavern:I have some good news. We have a target.
Scorpio will then proceed to get blind drunk and build a small cabin in the fields to sleep in and then burn down.
We have to support to take out a whole group of council members. One for each of us. I'll most likely share this information while drunk

r2d2go
2014-06-09, 11:36 PM
Nothing unusual bothers you during your traditional post-adventure night of hedonism, and you all wake up with raging hangovers (which are somewhat alleviated by Aurelian's healing abilities). The townspeople douse the fields to ensure Scorpio's pyromania doesn't harm the crops too badly, Quill manages to beat multiple people in drinking contests despite starting hopelessly drunk, and Dexter finds out about Quill's former nobility and bitterness over a tragic past.

Arjhan
2014-06-09, 11:49 PM
I have been informed that our first target is travelling on the road between the northern and eastern quadrants. So if everyone's ready to go we can go take him out. Just so you know he is a council member so he will transfer all his memories to the person who kills him. I need to strike the killing blow because you are all supposed to be mind controlled by him, which then transfers to me when he dies. We will then go kill three other council members and you can take their places. I'll get their votes.
Scorpio will then move out as soon as everyone is ready.

r2d2go
2014-06-10, 12:27 AM
Any equipment you want, you can just add it to your character as if you bought it at some point, it's not that hard to find anything that costs less than 1000ish. I'm guessing all should try not to spend significantly more than 1/4 of the cash, but eh.

Those who follow Scorpio find themselves on the road, where your target is supposed to be arriving. Cornfields flank the roads in this particular section, making it easy to wait in hiding.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
D
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
Q
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

Q = Quill
D = Dexter
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road

In the OoC thread: please post where you'd like to start, using coordinates of the form (letter)#. Additionally, everyone needs to agree on when you will attack. Also, do you like the big boxes or small boxes better?

SwordChucks
2014-06-10, 01:13 AM
I think our best bet would be for the rest of us to try to knock out the target while you burn him. Do we have any intel on our target?

On that note Dexter goes shopping for a quiver of blunt arrows and a sap. Also in the interest of one day being remembered as a hero and having his adventures told to the children of the land Dex buys a wizard's spellbook, ink, and an inkpen.

SwordChucks
2014-06-10, 01:21 AM
Hide check at the edge of the cornfield with insight point: [roll0]

BygoneQuill
2014-06-10, 11:53 PM
I'll be across from you, let's hope we're able to flank them as they come through.
Hide [roll0]

Quill moves to J6

Arjhan
2014-06-11, 12:05 PM
Scorpio will move to L7.
We should wait until he's in between us step out and attack him while surrounding him.

r2d2go
2014-06-11, 12:39 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
A
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

S
D
C
T
H

C
K
S
T

C
C
C
T
H
S

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
Q
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

A = Aurelian
S = Scorpio
Q = Quill
D = Dexter
S = Skeleton
K = Kobold Caster
C = Wagon
H = Horse (covered by tarp)
T = Tarp, Collapsed (2 squares to move into)
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road

A covered wagon pulled by two horses comes rolling in, the target Scorpio has been waiting for. The cart is driven by a cloaked figure, his face completely obscured, and all but the front of the wagon is sealed, blocking view of what is inside.

You get a surprise round, but roll initiative anyway for the subsequent actions.

r2d2go
2014-06-11, 04:47 PM
Aurelian leaps out of hiding, swinging viciously at the wagon and causing it's covering to lurch out of the way, revealing two more within the wagon. However, it seems none were within his blade's reach, so the attack merely caused the tarp to collapse backwards as the surprised horses begin to bolt. Luckily for the party, the cleaving blade severed one of the supports linking the horses to the wagon, causing the other one to briefly strain under the doubled and uneven pressure, then splinter and break, freeing the horses.

With the covering collapsed, you can now see three figures in the wagon, each identically cloaked but the one in the center a mere three feet high. However, the center one begins mumbling incantations and waving scaly, clawed fingers as the other two turn to face either side, revealing cracked, rotting skulls beneath the hoods. The skeletal beings' fingers flutter in a wavelike pattern and their teeth clatter softly, as if preparing to strike.

Aurelian:[roll0]
Dexter:[roll1]
Scorpio:[roll2]
Quill:[roll3]
Kobold:[roll4]
Skeletons:[roll5]
Horses:[roll6]

SwordChucks
2014-06-11, 11:25 PM
Dexter dashes around the skeleton closest to him and moves after the caster with his sap and morning star drawn.
Move to (K4) and attack with sap. The knowledge check should affect both attack and damage if Dex identifies the kobold correctly.

knowledge (local) check: [roll0]
knowledge (religion) check: [roll1]

attack roll+insight: [roll2]
damage roll: [roll3]

r2d2go
2014-06-12, 12:31 AM
Dexter solidly whacks the caster over the head with his sap, making him stumble as the cart begins grinding to a halt. However, he continues his gestures without hesitation as the skeletons turn towards their new, easily reached target.

Arjhan
2014-06-12, 12:03 PM
Scorpio moves to in front of the horses and casts burning hands trying to catch the living one. recharge:[roll0] damage:[roll1]
Surrender without a fight and we wont have to kill you.

r2d2go
2014-06-12, 01:11 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
A
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

S
D
C
T
H

C
K
S
T

Q
C
C
T
H
S

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

A = Aurelian
S = Scorpio
Q = Quill
D = Dexter
S = Skeleton
K = Kobold Caster
C = Wagon
T = Tarp, Burning
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road

Eldritch fire courses from Scorpio's hands, washing over the caster and the adjacent skeleton. However, the two manage to shield themselves from the brunt of the flames.

[roll0] [roll1]

BygoneQuill
2014-06-12, 06:02 PM
Quill moves behind the caster and attacks with his kusarigama
[roll0]
[roll1]

Quill moves to K6

r2d2go
2014-06-12, 06:16 PM
Quill lashes out with his kusarigama, but the kobold's small size allows him to duck out of the way. However, with a second tug on the chain, the kusarigama's sickle just barely knicks the kobold, cutting a gash in his neck from which blood begins pouring.

...now starts normal initiative, so everyone gets to act again :smalltongue: now they're not flatfooted though

SwordChucks
2014-06-13, 05:28 AM
Dexter sidesteps and strikes the kobold with his morning star.
5 ft step to L4. Kobold should be flanked now. I'll assume the kobold was identified by my knowledge (local) check. If not take off 2 from my attack and damage. Using fullround action for insightful strike. 2 Insight points left this combat.

Attack+insight:[roll0]
Damage+insightful strike:[roll1]

SwordChucks
2014-06-13, 05:33 AM
Forgot to mention that my amulet of teamwork means that I and anyone flanking with me deal +2 damage to the flanked target.

r2d2go
2014-06-13, 02:11 PM
Dexter viciously swings the kobold with his morningstar, striking him in the back and shattering bone. The kobold coughs up blood but stays barely standing.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
A
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

S
C
D
T
H

C
K
S
T

Q
C
C
T
H
S

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

A = Aurelian
S = Scorpio
Q = Quill
D = Dexter
S = Skeleton
K = Kobold Caster, Dead, Burning
C = Wagon
T = Tarp, Burning
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road

Arjhan
2014-06-13, 02:37 PM
No response? Very well. BURN small evil thing
Scorpio casts lesser orb of energy, fire at the Kobold. hit:[roll0]damage:[roll1] recharge:[roll2]

r2d2go
2014-06-13, 03:35 PM
Scorpio's ball of fire crashes into the kobold, bursting on impact and lighting him up. He collapses on the ground, his body succumbing to his numerous wounds, and a ball of blue light floats up from his dead body. It begins crackling with energy, arcs of light surrounding it, then forms into a beam and pours into Scorpio's forehead. Scorpio collapses, a glowing brand in the shape of an eye etched into his forehead.

The moment the light hits you, a thousand images flash by all at once. First, the life of the kobold you just slayed flits by in a moment. Then, another, and another, and another... Three hundred years of life, instantaneously thrust upon your mind. The mental overload is simply too much, and your vision grows dark at the same time your mind bursts with impossible light.

A moment later, a voice gently shakes you awake. "Scorpio. Awaken." You see the former councilman in your head, a ghostly blue spirit floating in an ocean of white. Looking around, you can only see more white, complete blankness - but then the area around you slowly flickers into what seems like reality. The ground becomes solid earth, and the sky turns blue and you can see the road and cornfields you were just in. However, the battle is gone, replaced by the spirit. "This is a simulacrum, but I think this is a more comfortable surrounding for me to explain things in." He waves an ethereal claw and a seat materializes below you. "Please, sit."

"Congratulations. So long as you remain alive by the end of your mind's assimilation, you are now a councilman. You are fortunate to have such trustworthy friends - most aspiring councilmen are acutely aware of this period of unconsciousness, and thus must be capable of singlehandedly defeating a councilman with guards, or risk being betrayed. In any case, you now know every memory of every councilman before you, but sorting through this would take far too long, so I will guide you through what you need to immediately know."

"First, my spells. As a spellblade, you cannot use all of these, but once your power grows you may master these over traditional redmage spells."

"Second, the etiquette of the Council. The discussions run by the Council have very specific rules, and violating them risks the loss of your seat. Each person, in order of seat, is allowed to present any information they can, then a policy or action to be voted on. Next, a second cycle of information is presented, which allows for response to the subjects to be voted on. Finally, each subject is voted on. Those who's seat is related to a subject is allowed to interject at any time and gain doubled vote on the subject. A successful vote requires 7 votes. Anyone who breaks the rules will be restrained and removed from the council by the rest of the council."

"Finally, my personal information. Recently, I was sent to Stonesong to examine some of my illusions and ensure that our facade is maintained. When I reached the city, it was under siege."

A image disturbingly similar to Hlal's vision forms around you. However, this time you see a much clearer image forms. Hundreds of the strange creatures bear down upon the walls, the smaller ones leaping over and the larger ones simply crashing into the gates. The kobolds seem to have abandoned their disguise, fighting alongside the humans in an attempt to fend off the attackers, but it is futile. A few kobolds hover above the battle, desperately flinging spells, but then a second wave arrives, these creatures flinging a volley of spines that instantly eradicate them, and the creatures break through. You see the councilman, standing from a hill above, rooted in fear and awe as the militaristic city crumbles before the invading army. Then, with the city completely destroyed, the creatures leave, taking nothing but piles of the dead, stacked inside the inverted ribcages of the enormous carriers.

"The good news is that these creatures seem content with harvesting what they can from the city. I remained a day to observe, and they returned once within that time to take more bodies - this time with another carrier. Both times, they only took a few dozen, so I imagine that it will take another few weeks for them to continue their conquest. However, at the same time, Heartstone is the next closest city, and near the mountains from which they came. Additionally, they do not feed - I can only shudder to imagine what they've done with bodies they've taken in the two days that I have traveled."

"That is all I can tell you for now. This mental imprint of myself will remain active until dismissed, and can be recalled at any time, so any memories you need to recall can be easily accessed. Now, it is time to wake up."

This talk takes some time, so you're unconscious for the rest of combat. Also, the spells you have available now are: Animate Dead, Charm Person, Protection from Chaos, Detect Thoughts and Disguise Self.

BygoneQuill
2014-06-14, 02:50 PM
Quill starts focusing on the skeletons. He dashes behind one and strikes it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Quill moves to L6

r2d2go
2014-06-14, 03:10 PM
The skeleton, noticing Quill's movement, takes a swipe as he closes in the distance. However, Quill nimbly dodges the clumsy attack and swings back, cracking the skeleton's ribcage. The skeletons then focus their attacks on Quill, shambling forward and swinging wildly with razor-sharp claws. Quill ducks and weaves to avoid the assault, but one manages to slash his thigh, opening him to a second strike to the skull. Quill falls, briefly stunned and lying prone.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]
[roll6], [roll7]
[roll8], [roll9]
[roll10], [roll11]
[roll12], [roll13]

Take 13 damage, and you're stunned and prone for 1 round. You were at full HP before that though.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

C
A
D
T
H

C
X
C
T

C
S
Q
T
H
S

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

A = Aurelian
S = Scorpio
Q = Quill
D = Dexter
S = Skeleton
X = Smoldering corpses
C = Wagon
T = Tarp, Burning
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road

r2d2go
2014-06-14, 03:47 PM
Seeing Quill bloodied and fallen, Aurelian endeavors to end the combat as quickly as possible. He jumps up, sword raised and ignited with eldritch fire, then crashes down upon the skeleton with a mighty blow. With a single, blazing slash, he cleaves the skeleton from shoulder to hip, its remaining halves smoldering on the floor.

[roll0], [roll1]

SwordChucks
2014-06-15, 04:11 PM
Dexter steps forward and pumps two charges from his healing belt into the skeleton. Then using his amulet's magic Dex makes
Quill and himself harder to hit.

5 ft step to (L5), dropping sap and making a touch attack. Swift action to activate the amulet giving both of us +5 comp bonus on AC.

Damage:[roll1]

r2d2go
2014-06-16, 08:50 PM
Dexter's healing belt surges with positive energy, causing many of the skeleton's bones to fracture and leak some sort of dark, softly glowing fluid. It manages one more futile swipe at Dexter before Aurelian cleaves through the weakened bones, felling the last enemy of the group. Then, Scorpio begins to stir.

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2][roll3]

Arjhan
2014-06-17, 07:30 PM
We're on the right track. The city this guy came from was destroyed by those beasts that Hlal showed us. We should consolidate this city as fast as possible to prepare for the assault. The attackers seem to be after the citizens perhaps as slave labor or food as their main priority.
If no one has exceptions I think we should try to catch each of the other counsel members as fast as possible.

r2d2go
2014-06-17, 08:14 PM
A voice in your head tells you "Ah, I see you've slain Ilikos. Welcome to the council. Your next target is Killikos, the enforcer. He will be difficult to take down, but he is the first to return. He will be coming from the other side of the city, so you'll have to wrap around quickly, but you should make it fairly easily. However, he may have a few attendants. Be careful.

Those who follow Scorpio to the next ambush site find themselves in a nigh-identical area, though the fields this time are slightly less ideal for an ambush, being composed of wheat.

Same deal, post location, figure out where you'll be ambushing. This time I will ask for hide checks, since everyone seemed so eager :smalltongue: Also, I'm going to just put down the general area the people will be in, so you can set up in reference to that.

Also, feel free to discuss strategy. Scorpio knows this guy will have a few attendants.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

E
E
E

E
E
E

E
E
E

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

E = Enemy general area
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road

SwordChucks
2014-06-18, 04:11 AM
I could shift my human bonus skill points into craft (trapmaking) to setup something using donated oil/alchemist fire or a tanglefoot bag. Let me know if it sounds worthwhile. Otherwise (J1) with morningstar and sickle drawn. Also as a reminder my healing belt has 1 charge left for today, so let me know when it gets serious enough to use it.

While trying his best to blend into the scenery Dex says: So Scorpio, can you tell us anything about these council members and what they're planning, or even what we might expect from this one? There's some sort of mental link between them right?

Hide check: [roll0]

BygoneQuill
2014-06-19, 12:16 PM
Scorpio are you sure you are feeling alright? Having an eye sculpted into my forehead would seem... well, painful

Quill moves to K1

Arjhan
2014-06-19, 08:55 PM
Well Quill, you'll get your chance to learn that it'll be your turn soon. Your turn to make the kill. This one is an enforcer so he might be slightly more dangerous. The next kills should go to Dex and then Aurelian.
[roll0]
Prone in J7

r2d2go
2014-06-19, 09:15 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
D
Q
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

A

E

A

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
A
S
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

D = Dexter
Q = Quill
S = Scorpio
A = Aurelian
A = Attendant
E = Enforcer
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road

As the enforcer and flanking attendants reach the area in which you are readying your ambush, one of the attendants freezes in place, then immediately shouts a warning to his allies. They all draw swords as it become apparent you have been discovered.

[roll3], [roll4], [roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Everyone except Scorpio, then each enemy, then Scorpio. Exact order: Dexter, Aurelian, Quill, Attendant, Enforcer, Attendant, Scorpio.

SwordChucks
2014-06-20, 01:47 AM
Charge attack to (J3) with morning star.

Knowledge (local)+insight:[roll0]

Attack+insight on nearest attendant:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Sneak attack damage:[roll3]

r2d2go
2014-06-20, 02:33 AM
The attendant's surprise allows Dexter to just barely clip him on the the head with his mace, causing him to stumble. He regains his footing despite the profusely bleeding head wound, though he seems quite shaky.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
Q
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
D
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

A

E

A

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
A
S
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

D = Dexter
Q = Quill
S = Scorpio
A = Aurelian
A = Attendant
E = Enforcer
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road

r2d2go
2014-06-21, 06:35 AM
Quill dashes over to where the second, alarmed attendant stands, taking advantage of his preoccupation with Aurelian by whipping his spiked chain around his throat and ripping several inches of flesh into bloody shreds. Aurelian, seeing this, finishes the attendant off with a casual chop, then dashes towards the main target.

The bloodied attendant Dexter severely injured manages a swing of his longsword, but his clumsy attack flies over Dexter's head. However, the enforcer then turns to face the approaching Aurelian, and hefts his greatsword to swing. The moment Aurelian moves into position to flank for Dexter, the greatsword bursts into electric sparks, just barely hitting him as he slides to dodge. However, the electric charge courses through Aurelian's body, and he collapses on the ground, unconscious.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5], [roll6]

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
D
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

A

Q

E

A

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
S
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

D = Dexter
Q = Quill
S = Scorpio
A = Aurelian (unconscious, bleeding)
A = Attendant
E = Enforcer
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road

SwordChucks
2014-06-23, 01:01 AM
Dexter swings both of his weapons at the attendant.

Attack1:[roll0]
Damage1:[roll1]

Attack2:[roll2]
Damage2:[roll3]

Can we have a moment of silence for my rolls last round. Yeesh. If the attendant dies I'd like to 5ft step into his space and continue my attack routine on the enforcer. 2 insight points left this encounter.

r2d2go
2014-06-23, 05:13 AM
Dexter swings with his morningstar, again only barely scraping the attendant, but this time his sickle was ready. With a second strike, his sickle slices through scale, then flesh, and then inbetween bones, leaving the attendant's head rolling in the dust. A moment later, his body falls to the ground with a resounding thunk.

Aurelian, somehow awakened by the commotion, feebly shifts his greatsword for one last spell. With tremendous effort, he sweeps it across the ground, slashing at the enforcer. His attack barely scrapes the enforcers scales and does minimal physical damage, but the moment his blade contacts the kobold, it creates a blast of flame that causes the kobold to jump away and scream in pain and then rage. Quill, seeing his opportunity as the heavily injured enforcer hefts his own blade to finish Aurelian, swings his kusarigama's sickle in a huge, ten foot arc, bringing it straight through his heart with a thunk. The enforcer's scream continues for a half second before dying out with a gurgle of blood, and he too thumps on the ground.

A moment later, a bright red ball of light rises out of the enforcers torso. Similarly to the previous one, it crackles with energy before pouring into Quill - however, this one enters his chest, and while he still falls unconscious, it doesn't seem to have any currently visible mark on him. However, a few seconds after he falls, a single, crimson tear drips from each eye, leaving perfectly symmetrical lines of blood.

Ooh, ouch, didn't even notice the fumble and the 2... Luckily for you, skill checks don't fumble! Since I still need to get a hold of Quill and Scorpio, there'll be a little break until I can contact them (both have said that they should have intermittent posting capabilities so shouldn't be long). You can still heal Aurelian and post conversation and such, just no encounter for a bit.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

SwordChucks
2014-06-23, 12:58 PM
Dex uses the last charge in his belt to patch up Aurelian.
Heal:[roll0]

Well, now that's over let's see what's in their pockets.

r2d2go
2014-06-24, 01:38 AM
Searching the bodies, you don't find much other than a few trail rations and waterskins. However, the swords are all high quality, with the enforcer's greatsword seeming especially sharp and completely free of damage. Additionally, you find a peculiar object, almost like the blade of a short sword (approximately a foot and a half in length), but pointed on both ends and made of a bone-like material. Additionally, there is a hole on one side of one end, revealing the object's hollow insides. The end of the object further from the hole is stained with blood, and the area around the hole is slightly blackened.

SwordChucks
2014-06-24, 08:21 PM
If there are no objections, Dex places the loot in a sack and ties it to Johnny's saddle to be distributed later.

We should probably rest up, unless we have more pressing matters.

r2d2go
2014-06-25, 12:10 AM
Aurelian spends a minute or so thoroughly healing the party's wounds (mostly his own), then hefts his greatsword, ready to continue.

The next battle takes place on the same road as the previous one, though there is enough time to hide the largest parts of the previous battle's wreckage, so that it is not obvious from the next place of ambush. The next target is a sort of ranger, in charge of reconnaissance.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

R

W

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
A
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

E = Enemy general area
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road
R = Ranger
W = Warrior
A = Aurelian

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8], [roll9]

The target and an accompanying heavily armored warrior rides in, seemingly oblivious to the ambush. However, a few yards before they pass the party, both leap off of their horses, longbow, longsword and spiked tower shield at the ready - it seems they spotted you despite the cover provided.

Quill, Warrior, Dexter, Scorpio, Ranger, Aurelian.

SwordChucks
2014-06-25, 03:50 AM
Kneeling in (K2) with longbow drawn and blunt arrows.

This one's Aurelian's right?

Arjhan
2014-06-25, 11:25 AM
Yep, we each need to make one kill.
H3, readied action to cast Burning hands as soon as they pass

BygoneQuill
2014-06-25, 02:18 PM
Quill charges to B5 and lashes out at the ranger
[roll0]
[roll1]

r2d2go
2014-06-25, 02:46 PM
Quill's dash out of the field apparently surprised the two enemies, as they only seem to notice him once he is within range. His kusarigama cleaves directly into the ranger's neck, and though his scales protect him to a degree, he is heavily injured.

The warrior, obviously enraged, does nothing but raise his shield in preparation for something - but what he is preparing for remains unknown.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
D
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
S
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

R

Q

W

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
A
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

E = Enemy general area
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road
R = Ranger
W = Warrior
A = Aurelian
D = Dexter
S = Scorpio
Q = Quill

SwordChucks
2014-06-25, 07:58 PM
Dexter fires a blunt arrow at the ranger.
Full round action to use Insightful strike. 3 insight points left this combat.

Knowledge (local)+insight:[roll0]

Attack+insight:[roll1]
Damage+insight:[roll2]

Arjhan
2014-06-26, 02:19 PM
Cast lesser orb of energy fire at the warrior hit:[roll0] damage:[roll1] recharge:[roll2]
Scorpio throws a ball of fire at the warrior.

r2d2go
2014-06-26, 03:36 PM
Dazed by Quill's vicious attack, the ranger can only stare as Dexter fires a single, impeccably aimed shot. The blunt arrow smashes into his forehead, leaving him barely able to stand. At the same time, Scorpio's ball of fire collides with the warrior's torso, burning through cloth and leaving a large circle of scorched flesh.

The ranger spends a moment to compose himself before stringing his bow, aiming it at his adjacent assailant - Quill. The bow seems to hum with energy, and glows gold as he releases the arrow, smashing through Quill's torso and leaving a gaping hole behind. Unable to stay conscious, Quill falls to the ground with a soft thump. Aurelian, seeing Quill's plight, sprints above him both as protection and to attack momentarily.

[roll0] [roll1]

Take 25 damage, you're at -1 and bleeding.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
D
F
S
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

R

A

W

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

E = Enemy general area
F = Field (of corn)
Blank = Dirt Road
R = Ranger
W = Warrior
A = Aurelian, with Quill unconscious and bleeding underneath.
D = Dexter
S = Scorpio

SwordChucks
2014-06-26, 08:44 PM
Dex moves to (F4)

Dexter runs forward, draws another blunt arrow, and fires at the Ranger.

Skirmish Sneak attack damage:[roll2]

r2d2go
2014-06-27, 03:28 AM
Dexter's arrow seems like it should be again unerring, flying straight at the ranger, but this time, he is ready. With a flick of a wrist, he creates a weak wave of energy, just enough to skew the arrow's path away from his skull. At the same time, the warrior seems to drop his guard, tossing something to his ally - whatever it was, once the ranger catches it, his neck wound seems to close, the bloodied mess replaced with scarred flesh and scale surrounding a moderately sized gash. However, the ranger's weary posture and pained expression betray his lack of total recovery. The warrior, noting his ally's recovery, then returns to his guarded stance.

Arjhan
2014-06-27, 10:09 AM
Scorpio charges up.Feel the power of rainbow fire.
Cast color spray from B3 recharge[roll0]

r2d2go
2014-06-27, 10:12 AM
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]

Scorpio's brilliant burst of arcane light washes over the two kobolds, but they both manage to shrug off the dazing effect. A moment later, the ranger fires another shot, this time at Scorpio, piercing his chain shirt and ripping up flesh. Scorpio just barely manages to stay conscious despite the pain as Aurelian takes a swing at the ranger, sword bursting into flame. However, mid swing, the warrior lets out a deafening shout, and Aurelian feels a sudden aversion to attacking his original target. He spins around and brings the spell-enhanced strike onto the warrior instead, cleaving through the tower shield and metal plating, making a small explosion of flame as the greatsword touches flesh. However, despite that vicious attack, the warrior remains standing, but seems strangely feral, his pupils dilating and his shield being discarded in favor of a two handed grip on his sword's hilt.

Take 36 damage.

SwordChucks
2014-06-29, 02:48 AM
Dex drops his bow. He then charges the ranger while drawing his morning star and sickle.

Moving to (B4). Sorry this took so long, I thought I was waiting for someone. Turned out to be me.

Fall. Down.
Attack (morningstar only)+insight:[roll0]
Skirmish damage:[roll2]

r2d2go
2014-06-29, 06:36 AM
Uh, you didn't say that was nonlethal, so... if you meant that, I'm going to say you were so enraged you killed him on accident :smalltongue: it'll work out fine anyway, but since Scorpio said an order earlier....

Anyway, read the fun fun things happening below, and tell me if you want a little (probably only three or four rounds of actual combat, plus a few skill checks and a puzzling situation or two) solo adventure or if you want to just move quickly. If you want a solo adventure, tell me a time you're open for a bit (half an hour will probably cover it), otherwise, we'll just skip to your success.

Dexter charges the ranger, his morningstar smashing his target's skull and shattering it to pieces, leaving the resulting bloody mess crumpled and lying on the ground. He then collides with the glowing ball of crackling green energy that immediately appears as the ranger falls, and he too collapses.

As you run into the green globe, your sight suddenly flashes a brilliant green before fading to black, then a moment later, shimmering into green again. This time, though, it is the green of a forest, and you can make out the blurry shapes of trees, bushes, vines and other greenery. The ranger appears before you, grinning coyly, and speaks in a posh, polite manner as your vision starts to sharpen.

"Well, then old chap, it seems you've offed me. No hard feelings, though, it's part of the job, and I did get to have a hell of a fight beforehand! Anyway, you'll be wanting my powers and memories, no? Unlike the other councilmen, since I happen to have complete and total control over our surroundings for the next few hours - few minutes in reality, so don't worry about that - I'll be challenging you a bit. If you can make it back to me in, oh, two hours and thirty minutes, I'll give you all those memories and powers. If you can't, well, I'll have a bit of fun in the last few minutes of my consciousness. Alright then, ready? Go!"

He sprints off into the forest, obviously not caring that he'll be leaving a trail - but his running is supernaturally fast, and soon after he drops out of eyesight, the noisy trampling turns into silence. However, your senses have come back to you, and you can observe a number of things about your environment. One, there are trees abound, covering the sky despite you beginning in a clearing about five feet in radius. Two, there's a trickling waterfall behind you, about ten feet across and landing in a semicircular pool at the edge of the clearing, and that it's coming from unnaturally high up a sheer rock face. Finally, you've been left all your equipment, except your bow - instead, the bow the ranger was using, now glowing green and obviously made out of some sort of enchanted, etched ivory, lays on the ground in front of you. Attached is a small sheet of parchment, and upon noticing the bow, a voice rings in your head:

"This is my bow - well, your bow now. I assumed you might want to give it a try before using it outside of your head, get used to the pull and feel and such. Now, this bow is really quite extraordinary, in that it can use regular arrows, but can also shoot on it's own. Go ahead and give it a pull, and an arrow made of force will pop up. If you let go, it'll disappear, but if you shoot, it'll go exactly straight and ignore all sorts of obstacles. It's also sonic, so it'll work against those Kitka fellows extremely well - normal weapons just bounce right off their skulls, but this here, this will smash through. That's what I was doing, in fact... anyway, you'll find out more about that if you make it through. I can see all of your thoughts already, so I know you can do it if you try!"

If you pick it up, the moment you do, its glow turns green before fading into its base ivory white. Then, it starts to hum, and before even touching the bowstring it knocks an arrow made of shimmering, vibrating force - you can feel it almost beckoning to be shot.

The bow described is a moderately modified Force Bow - if you've ever semi-optimized an archer, you'll know it, but it's essentially a +1 composite longbow (downgraded that for the following) that make it's own arrows and deals 2d6 a shot. It automatically adjusts to strength and has halved penalties for range increments (mostly a flavor buff). Additionally, it's a force effect, so it pierces wind wall and the like and ignores DR. Finally, I added the special effect of gaining +4 to attack vrs Kitka (you'll be fighting a lot of them soon), and dealing Sonic damage, plus, if it deals damage to an object and destroys that object, it keeps going. It's also bonded to you, so only you'll get those bonuses. You might need those bonuses, though, especially against what you'll be fighting :smallbiggrin:

Arjhan
2014-06-29, 08:56 AM
It's time for you to leave this mortal coil
five foot step to A4. Cast quickened magic missile damage:[roll0] recharge:[roll]1d4+4[roll] and throw alchemist's fire that I quick draw from my bag hit:[roll1] damage:[roll2]

r2d2go
2014-06-29, 11:04 AM
The kobold is now so disheveled, beaten and burnt, it seems any normal mortal would have died long ago - but he remains bound together by rage. He charges at Scorpio, ignoring Aurelian's feeble slash in response, and gains retribution for the most recent attack he had received. Then, the fire surrounding him flares, and he collapses, dead.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4]

Take 13 damage, you're at -7 and bleeding. You're back up to 6 now, though.

With only Dexter and Aurelian left standing, and Aurelian barely so, the fight has left the field barren. Aurelian quickly steps towards Scorpio to heal his wounds, as he quickly evaluates that Scorpio is nearer death. However, they are both unconscious and quickly losing blood, so he shouts to Dexter: "Dexter, you've got plenty of tricks. Can you stop Quill's bleeding? I should be able to get to him in time, but if not... I'd like to keep the chance of all of us getting out of here high. He can't have more than a few minutes left, so if you can, hurry."

r2d2go
2014-06-29, 11:10 AM
[roll0], [roll1]

Aurelian pours positive energy into Scorpio's wounds, healing him enough that he starts to gain consciousness. "Ah, good. Got him up and running. Scorpio, if you're up to it, we should both help Dexter with patching up Quill before he bleeds to death. We're going to lose him soon, so if you can, we need you now. My healing should recover soon, but until then, I'll do what it takes to keep him alive."

"...wait. He's unconscious. Damn it, give me a moment."

Aurelian focuses continuously as Quill moans in pain, then both breathe a sigh of relief as Aurelian's hands glow gold. He goes over Quill's wounds, sealing the worst of them and allowing him to regain consciousness. Once the immediate danger of death is over, he spends a few minutes healing the party's extensive wounds - All but Dexter needed several rounds of healing magic before fully recovering, and by the end, Aurelian is exhausted. Additionally, despite his lack of wounds, it seems Dexter is having troubles, as his unconsciousness is much more tumultuous than the mostly peaceful slumber of Scorpio and Quill. He tosses and turns in his sleep, a tight grip on the ranger's bow.

A few minutes later, Dexter awakens, his bow suddenly glowing blue before fading into its original ivory white.

SwordChucks
2014-06-30, 06:18 PM
Oof. Oh hey Aurelian, sorry I stole your kill. What did I miss?

Dexter collects his weapons from the ground as he says this.

r2d2go
2014-06-30, 10:26 PM
Aurelian chuckles wearily. "Not much, just me bringing everyone back from almost dead to healthy. I'm glad you took the kill, actually - people could have bled to death if you hadn't. I can get the next one, anyway."

The next ambush is set on a road flanked by apple trees, providing some cover behind tree trunks and more in the precarious branches above.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

C

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

C = caster kobold
T = Tree Trunk
F = Grass, leaves above

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]

Dexter, Quill, Caster, Scorpio, Aurelian.

The caster strolls through the forest, seemingly unaware, but the moment anyone begins to act, his claws are revealed to be wreathed in purple flame - it seems he detected the party.

SwordChucks
2014-07-01, 12:29 AM
In (K1) with blunt anrrows and shiny new bow. Down to 3 insight points.

Dexter knocks an arrow...

How's it going?

...and looses it.

Knowledge (Local)+insight: [roll0]
Attack+insight: [roll1]
Insightful strike: [roll2]+[roll3] nonlethal

r2d2go
2014-07-01, 06:16 AM
Dexter's extraordinarily well aimed shot seems to be going perfectly, but just before hitting the caster, a screen of force deflects it. The kobold smirks, and replies, "Just fine, how about you?"

Arjhan
2014-07-02, 05:44 PM
K8 cast Quickened Burning Hands damage:[roll0] recharge:[roll1]. Then throw a tangle foot bag at him hit:[roll2]
I'm sorry about this sir but my friend needs you mind.

r2d2go
2014-07-02, 07:42 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
(12d6)[46]
(4d6+5)[16]
(1d20+5)[10]

The kobold flicks his cloak, deflecting the brunt of Scorpio's flame, but the tanglefoot bag bursts at his feet while he is occupied. Despite the distraction, he shouts a few arcane phrases, and two rays of fire strike Scorpio in the chest, and he falls to the ground. "That's how real casters fight..."

Take 46 damage.

A moment later, Aurelian dashes up to attack, but remembering the deflection of Dexter's arrow, opts to use Scorpio's strategy, blasting the kobold with fire. This time, he is too occupied to dodge, and he grimaces in pain but continues his arcane gestures.

Sorry guys, on a trip, didn't realize there wouldn't be reception for a bit. Should be stable now.

SwordChucks
2014-07-03, 02:02 AM
I'd like to position Dex so he can hit without catching any allies in the blast or getting trapped by burning foliage.

Burning hands:[roll0]
Reflex save for half: 15

r2d2go
2014-07-03, 03:10 AM
[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6]

The caster, again unable to dodge, is caught by the full force of Dexter's cone of flame - he now seems nearly . Next, Quill attempts to attack him with mundane methods, and one hit manages to slip his chain through the arcane armor, slashing the kobold and making him falter in his casting. However, he maintains his concentration and resumes his assault, firing two rays of fire at Aurelian, both hitting him solidly in the torso and causing him to stop in his tracks, clearly on the brink of unconsciousness. Aurelian then hesitates, debating whether to try to finish the clearly near-dead kobold or to keep himself conscious. He then remembers the catastrophe of a dying party without a healer, and channels positive energy into himself, then moves into a position to attack if the kobold casts again."Dexter, Quill! Finish him before he kills someone!"

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
D
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

Q

C
A

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
S
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F
F
F
T
F
F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

C = caster kobold
T = Tree Trunk
F = Grass, leaves above
A = Aurelian
D = Dexter
S = Scorpio
Q = Quill

:smalleek: sorry, didn't even realize I had forgotten positioning. Luckily, nothing's on fire yet.

SwordChucks
2014-07-03, 09:45 PM
Dexter drops his bow and moves to flank with Aurelian.

Moving to (J6)

Dex then tries to grapple the caster.

Touch attack+insight: [roll0]
Grapple check: [roll1]
If Dex wins: [roll2]+[roll3] nonlethal

r2d2go
2014-07-03, 10:10 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

The caster struggles to break free of Dexter's grasp, but after a short struggle, he changes tactics. With a shout, he somehow blasts Dexter with fire despite his arms being quite restrained. Dexter falls unconscious from the pain, nearly dead, but Quill and then Aurelian take the opportunity to get in a few hits, bringing the kobold to the brink of death as well. Then, his casting takes it's toll, and he falls as well.

Aurelian, seeing the caster's orb, this time purple, curses and dives at Dexter. Mid jump, he falls unconscious, but his already-channeling palm manages to touch Dexter and heal him enough to wake him.

Take 34 damage, then heal for 9... so you were dying, but not anymore :smalltongue: Scorpio's still dying though.

SwordChucks
2014-07-04, 12:25 AM
Dexter gets back up, kicks the caster in the ribs and wearily sets about making heal checks on his companions.

Scorpio Heal check with insight: [roll0]

Aruelian Heal check with insight: [roll1]

r2d2go
2014-07-04, 11:08 AM
Aurelian's not dying, just unconscious from the mind transfer thing. I'm going to give his roll to Scorpio, since he's got several turns left before he dies and speeding things a long is always better than not :smalltongue:.

Dexter manages to bind Scorpio's wounds, keeping him from bleeding to death before Aurelian awakens - and when he does, his eyes briefly glow an iridescent purple. "Ugh... did anyone else wake up from this with what feels like a raging hangover?" He quickly heals Scorpio, then begins healing the party. Once done, he collapses on the ground, nursing his migraine, exacerbated by his exhaustion.

Then, a voice in each of the party's member head whispers urgently "Council members, we need you back in the city, now."

Check the OoC thread! Also, you've all leveled up.

r2d2go
2014-07-06, 12:41 PM
Sorry about the wall of text - basically, you're going to Hlal, then to check out a production factory for kitka to get the support of some massive worms that can destroy kitka with ease. I'm pausing here to give our new party member (played by Nightraiderx) some time to introduce himself, and then I'll go into Hlal things. Check out the OoC thread, too.

Those returning to the city find that the normal, cheerful commotion of the city has quieted. No shops are open, no people are working - even the sky seems a bit bleaker in this unnatural silence. Even, Senikos, the normally always excited alchemist, seems downtrodden as he goes through the convoluted motions of opening the trapdoor to the cult. Upon going down the secret passage, it is revealed to you that the people are preparing for battle, as news from the now destroyed Stonesong has arrived - what may be equivalent to a second Shadow War is beginning.

Once inside, you find yourselves immediately confronted by a few members of the Council, accompanied by a stout figure in hulking platemail and what looks like a horse-sized dragon. One, who your memories indicate is the leader of the council, speaks.

"Greetings, heroes, and now Council members. There are a few things we must discuss. First, as you can see, a member of the Stonesong Hero's Initiative has survived the attack on Stonesong, and will be joining you - you can get to know him in a minute. Second, we have both jarring news and a dangerous mission. If you do not succeed, what the survivors of Stonesong are calling "Kitka" may well overrun the continent."

"Our priestess, Kinoren, has had rather frightening divinations - one, of Stonesong, and the other, of what seems to be a place for producing more kitka. From her first vision, it seems they are content to, disturbingly enough, harvest the bodies of the city for now - that buys us a little time, two weeks at our current estimate. It seems they are bringing them to a somewhat nearby structure they have build in the ground, and producing even more twisted versions of themselves - ones that breath fire and ice, or have flexible bodies lined with razors throughout."

"However, in her vision, a moment after seeing these monstrosities were produced, there was a great roar, and hundreds of these kitka ran out of the structure, many shattering on the spot. They were pursued by enormous worm-like creatures, the size of several houses, who's screams produced this cacophonous roaring. Finally, a humanoid, four-armed version of these kitka appeared, it's claws glowing. Frighteningly enough, it seemed to wield arcane power matching that of the council, yet still crushed a kitka's shell with one arm - a feat that one of Stonesong's greatest warriors and an enchanted warhammer could not do. A moment later, one of the creatures was silenced, crashing to the ground, and the rest fled deep into the earth."

"These giant worms, if harnessed or negotiated with to fight the kitka, could single handedly win us the war. Your job is to go to the now-abandoned production facility and investigate. If possible, bring them to our side. We will need to hold a council with all of the council members to officially approve this mission and the addition of a member to the Hero's Initiative, but this will pass without any question. In fact, the rest of the council should be joining us now..."

As he says this, five more kobolds walk briskly into the room. Each one has some sort of distinction, ranging from a sprawling rune-tattoo to a levitating lute to having their head made of black fire, but all have the distinct presence of magic capability.

"Now, we will proceed. All in favor of my proposal, of the Hero's Initiative with an additional member investigating this event?"

Every kobold raises their hand at the same time, and the leader scribbles a note on his forearm in glowing arcane writing. "That's enough for acceptance. Anyone else have a proposal?" Each kobold shakes their head in turn, and then their eyes turn to Scorpio. The moment they do, the scroll from Hlal levitates into the air and begins shining with almost blinding light.

"Kekeke... WHO DARES SUMMON ME?"

A five headed dragon, as large as Hlal was but seemingly ethereal, suddenly appears in the center of the council. Your memories tell you that this is Tiamat, the goddess of the cult. A moment later, her center head, a red dragon, glances at the scroll. Then, there is a burst of five-colored light, and you see Scorpio squirm in discomfort as a thin stream of red energy pours from his head.

"What?! Hm… I see you know much more about me than I should like. But I agree, these dangers are too great to ignore, nor fight over. I shall agree to this, for now... Council, you are now allied with the kobolds of Hlal. But you presume too much, Scorpio. Next time you do so, I will not be so kind."

Just as quickly as she appeared, Tiamat is gone without a trace, and you can see the council members' dumbstruck faces. Then, the leader recovers, and quickly speaks.

"Well then. I think I should expand my proposal to include a trip to Hlal for you, heroes. Might give you a bit more time to get acquainted before your main objective. Go - there's no time to waste."

Nightraiderx
2014-07-06, 08:03 PM
When Tiamat appeared, Henry had to reign in Orion and whispered to it, "Hang in there Orion relax..."
The dragon seemed to have understood his words and relaxed a bit but was still on alert.
After the council dismissed them, Henry sized them up one by one.
"So, you are the ones who have been fighting the Kitka?" he looked bemused, "It's quite a surprise you have managed to live this long with such a ragtag team, It seems that my services will be needed. I am Henry." He looked over the group once. Then gently petting the Drakkensteed's head. "And this is Orion, he is one of the last of his kind after Kitka discovered and destroyed his home, and sadly I am also one of the few survivors of my city.Who may you be?

r2d2go
2014-07-06, 09:15 PM

After Henry's introduction, those who return to Hlal find the mighty dragon atop the mine, watching as kobolds celebrate below. The reptilian humanoids drink, eat, and play - most of their food and games are foreign to you, but it is a lively and inviting scene nonetheless. Upon the entrance of the party, she swoops down, form shifting as she drops. When she lands, she is in a human form, grinning broadly. "I knew I could count on you!" With a wave of a hand, a mound of treasure appears before you, and she says "Here, my power has increased tenfold. Take what you want! If there's anything you want, I can make it for you. Though, now that I think of it... don't take more than twenty thousand gold pieces or so, for the party. Should be plenty though, hm?" She laughs, obviously pleased with the ability to grant a boon five times greater than before.

However, then she glances at the party again, and her previously twinkling eyes darken. "...Hm. I see that there is no time for fun and games for you. Still, take what you need and complete your mission with haste - you have my blessing, and this time, it will be somewhat more tangible." As she says this, the party feels as if they were afloat, and are covered in a faint golden glow. "You need all the time you can get, and this will buy you more. But please, help yourselves to what equipment you need. I still request it does not exceed twenty thousand gold pieces for the party, but I think you will need to reach that limit."

Arjhan
2014-07-07, 12:36 AM
Why thank you my fine lady. I shall take a small amount of time to outfit myself. Though, I was wondering, could you perhaps provide us with some form of transportation to increase the margin to defend the town and your own community of course. Also if I could perhaps give you some gold to quickly fabricate an item for me that would be greatly appreciated.
I will be spending my gold to get and item of continuous item of levitate and a staff of scorching ray.
Well, Henry, I apologize if you find us to be excessively scruffy but so far it works just fine. I'm Scorpio, welcome to the team. Good job being rewarded without doing any work.

r2d2go
2014-07-07, 01:33 AM
Hlal glances at Scorpio again, then snaps her fingers, creating a gold-plated, ruby-tipped staff with intricate carvings that seem to glow with fire. She then flicks her wrist and creates a delicate, twisting silver ring inlaid with three sapphires around Scorpio's finger, which causes him to suddenly levitate a few inches off the ground. "A reminder - the portion of my power derived from my hoard can be increased by adding items of value, so anything you can give will increase the amount you can take. And, Scorpio, once you begin travelling, I think you'll find that's exactly what I've given everyone with my blessing."

7000 gold used. Note that the party still has almost all of the gold from earlier, so there's really more like 25000 gold available, 18000 after Scorpio, and 20000 once you throw in the magic greatsword. Something like back to 23000 when you throw in the various masterwork junk people had, assuming you've been looting.

You've got Natural Bond with no benefit. Unless you want to hang on to it for next level, where it'll buff your second companion, you can trade it out. I guess you'll be even more hilariously hard to hit :smalltongue:

Nightraiderx
2014-07-07, 07:51 AM
DM: I'll be changing that feat and the shield feat for some incarnum ones. Shape Soulmeld on my floating feat is pretty nice, will move shield and pike style to first level and will grab shared soulmeld for my companion. So either going to be grabbing Natural armor for a higher bab or more HP. Belt of Battle is 12K doubled the price of the healing belt to attach is for 1.5 K gp and The crystal is 6K so should be just under the 20K mark. Unless you meant a party total of 20K...

"I would consider this an advance payment rather than a reward, besides everything comes at a cost so they say. I have two items I wish to create, A Belt of Battle combined with a Healing Belt, and a Crystal of Life Drinking, Greater for my Ransuer, I do not wish to take any chances against any Kitka that we encounter."

SwordChucks
2014-07-07, 09:01 PM
Lady Hlal, I'd ask of you a handy haversack, a wand of cure light wounds, and a twilight mithral chain shirt. In exchange I offer 1750 gold pieces and my thanks.

If you could tell me what this is I would appreciate it. Dexter shows Hlal the two pointed bone blade thing found on the Enforcer.

Afterwards:
Hello Henry, I'm Dexter. he says extending his hand. Don't mind Scorpio, he's just tired from the last few battles we've had. Once he's had a chance to burn something he'll be better. Dexter spends most of his free time recording the games and dances of the kobolds in his book.

r2d2go
2014-07-07, 09:44 PM
Party total, sorry. I'll make it clearer. Not counting Henry, it's at 10850 not counting other offerings, and what I'm going to approximate at 16000 with all offerings.

Aurelian tosses the magic greatsword of the enforcer into the pile, along with a few of the weapons he took off of the former councilmen. "I'd like three scrolls of Haste, my lady." Hlal taps the ground, and each magic item appears on the ground by the one who requested it - a golden, opal-tipped wand and a silvery, shimmering chain shirt for Dexter, and three silver-bordered scrolls of parchment, each glowing with a golden rune for Aurelian. "And Henry - I meant as a group, not each individual. And yes, I can read your mind. Don't look too surprised." She chuckles quietly to herself, looking over the small hoard she has brought out as if taking inventory.

Nightraiderx
2014-07-07, 10:39 PM
"Ah I see, well since it's pooled money I will just wait till everyone else is done and if there's any extra left I could probably think of an item for use. Nice to meet you Dex." he extended his hand to meet Dex's for a handshake.

BygoneQuill
2014-07-08, 03:42 PM
I only ask for my weapon to be able to hold its own against the kitka...

r2d2go
2014-07-08, 04:15 PM
"Hm... I think I have a solution for you, Quill." Hlal touches the kusarigama's chain, and it suddenly shimmers and glows faintly. Then, the blade begins vibrating, and Hlal sends through the air and into a large stone on the floor with a flick of her wrist. Upon contact, rather than glancing off, the blade shatters the rock into hundreds of pieces. "This should serve you well. Also, Dexter - that is the claw of a kitka. Keep it - from what I can see of Henry's memories, most kitka turn to nothing but shattered bone when destroyed. Perhaps you will find a use."

That's down to around 8000 gold available for the party (once you factor in the gold on hand and such)

r2d2go
2014-07-10, 05:01 AM
Nightraiderx just added what he needed, your funds are at 1250 gp.

Once the party suits up and starts traveling, they find their travels essentially peaceful. Once they reach the described area, a few miles away from Stonesong and just off the road, it becomes apparent exactly what the council meant. The lab appears to be a huge pit dug straight into the ground, fifty feet across with a ten foot platform around the edges. With a closer look, the platform seems to be made of human skeletons compressed into a foot-thick sheet of bone - none are quite whole after the compression, but you can recognize the skeletal structure. On one side of the platform, adjacent to the road, is a twenty-foot wide ramp of the same bone construction down to a new platform ten feet down, and so on downwards into the pit. The ramps and platforms have fairly a variety of holes in them, ranging from an inch to a foot in diameter, but seem otherwise the bones are mostly flattened into a smooth surface. The whole area seems quiet, though you can hardly feel at ease with hundreds of human skeletons not ten feet off the side of the road.

Nightraiderx
2014-07-10, 06:32 AM
Alright since I was the last one I am going to get that rubicund frenzy gem and the healing belt at least so 6000gp and 750 gp

Henry's mouth was a gape in shock from the amount of bones, his stunned face quickly turned into rage as he slammed his fist into the ground. "bastards... they make a mockery of the dead and use them as building material!? ...I WILL cut them down," Henry stood up, staring into the pit.

BygoneQuill
2014-07-11, 12:30 AM
Quill is intrigued by the skeletons. Allow me to scout ahead and investigate some of those holes.
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

r2d2go
2014-07-11, 02:01 AM
Quill makes his way down the platform, finding that the holes aren't quite circular - most have slits on the sides, worn down as if a rough blade had slowly ground away at the bone. However, a much stranger sight reveals itself inside. Carved into the stone walls are various chambers, each stranger than the previous. One, for example, has streaks of ash all over the walls, accompanied by deep gouges and shattered, blackened bone. Another has metal rods sunk deep into the stone, crackling with electricity and with more shards of bone floating in the current. A third has a pit of acid, bubbling softly, with three bone plates floating within. Throughout the building, dozens of these strange rooms appear, each with their own quirks. At the very bottom is a huge, rough-sided hole, about fifteen feet across, uncharacteristically unpolished compared to the rest of the smoothed out stone and skeletons.

However, as he makes his way down, the ground starts to rumble, becoming a deafening roar within moments. Then, suddenly, it stops, and you all find images flashing through your minds. First, of a giant worm, it's maw jaggedly plated to almost resemble a dragon. Three obsidian-black, visible through gaps in the plating, stare down at you. A moment later, the kitka appear in your minds, fleeing from what appears to be your screams. Then, you float upwards, and it becomes clear that the bellowing cacophony comes from the worms. Finally, the four-armed, humanoid kitka appears, and the world grows black for a brief moment before returning to the material world - but this time, one of the giant worms, fifteen feet across and reaching fifty feet out of the ground, appears before you. More images flash across your mind, first a simple feeling of joy and peace, then that peace being shattered as the kitka caster appears, then a crude simulacrum of the party killing the caster, and finally an image of the worms driving the kitka away from Stonesong. The worm's eyes seem quizzical, almost curious, urging you to respond. Another image of the four-armed kitka appears, this time closer, as if a warning.

SwordChucks
2014-07-11, 08:54 PM
Dexter looks at each of his companions before turning to the worm.

Umm...Hello Mr. Worm. We're here to help.

Dexter imagines a scenario where he and his allies stand triumphant over the kitka caster, hoping the worm can pick up on it.

Would anyone else like to address the, uh, creature before us? I haven't a clue where to go from here.

Dexter steps back and begins to sketch the strange beast in his book. He mutters No one will ever believe this part of the tale.

r2d2go
2014-07-12, 12:41 AM
Another image of the kitka being chased away briefly flashes again, and then the worm turns and burrows into the surface ground across the pit, churning up the earth. Half way through, a image of three kitka coming towards the lab appears in your mind, seemingly only a couple hundred yards down the road. A moment later, the worm and the image is gone, the only trace a fifteen-foot circle of loose dirt in the otherwise grassy ground. However, anyone who looks down the road sees three figures moving quickly towards the party. Then, without any warning, bone shards fly from various crevices in the chamber, collecting in two of the labs. A few seconds later, runes appear on the sides of the rooms, and the bones form into two disturbing monstrosities of kitka - one demonic, flaming beast with huge claws and horns, another that coats it's chamber with frost and has a massive number of icicle-spines extruding from it's back plating.

Henry + Drakkensteed, Dexter, Aurelian, Scorpio, Quill, Ice and Fire Kitka. Also, please post where you want to be - anywhere 3-8 and I-M seems to make sense. Quill, you're on the ramp somewhere.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Take 8 damage from flying bone (you auto-succeeded on the reflex save).

FLOOR ONE

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N

g
g
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g
g

g
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g

B
B
B
::
B
B
B
g

B
B
B
B
g

B
B
R
R
B
B
g

B
B
R
R
B
B
g

B
B
D
B
g

B
B
B
B
B
B
g

g
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g

g
g
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g
g

Blank = road
g = Grass
B = Bone Platform
R = Ramp
:: = empty air
D = Dexter

FLOOR TWO

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N

S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S

S

S

S

S
S
S
S
S

S

B
B
B
B

S
S
S
S
S

S
S
B
B
B
B
S
S
S
S
S
S

K
A
R
R
R
R
S
S
S
S

B
R
S
R
R
S
S
S
S

S
S
B
B
B
B
S
S
S
S
S
S

S

B
B
O
O
K

S
S
S
S
S

S

S

S

S
S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S

S = Stone Wall
K = Flaming Kitka
K = Ice Kitka
:: = thin air
Blank = Stone Floor
R = Ramp
S = Scorpio
A = Aurelian
O = Orion, ridden by Henry

Note: The ramp on floor 1 corresponds to the right four squares of ramp on floor 2.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]

Nightraiderx
2014-07-12, 08:20 AM
I-5 and I-6 For myself and Orion (the Drakkensteed).
Initiative: [roll0]
Animal companions act on their master's initiative also don't forget I have speak with animals!

"Mr worm, I shall not run away if you wish to help we could take the fight to them and avenge our lost comrades, Come Orion, let us take them down!"

r2d2go
2014-07-13, 12:07 AM
As Orion and Henry leap into action, Aurelian shouts "I'll take care of the burning one! I can handle a bit of fire...". As he speaks, his blade starts to hum with the divine energy channeled through it, glowing a soft gold that contrasts the lethal nature of his greatsword.

SwordChucks
2014-07-13, 09:25 AM
In (I7) with sweet bow. Does sonic shot let me sneak attack with the attack that delivers sonic shot? Also do I have any knowledge skills that apply to kitka?

Dexter casts a very short spell and looses a bolt of energy from his bow at the fiery kitka.

Attack+insight+sonic shot:[roll0]

Damage:[roll1]+[roll2] and deafened

Sneak attack:[roll3]

Nightraiderx
2014-07-13, 10:49 AM
"Then we will take on the Ice Kitka."
Henry tells Orion to move next to the Ice Kitka and I attacked with my lance as he moved in to attack with a bit.

Move to: G8/F8
Henry uses his move action to make Orion his ward (Orion has cover and I get +3 to dodge AC)
Henry's Attack: [roll0]
Orion's Attack: [roll1]

Damage If Henry hits: [roll2]
Damage If Orion his: [roll3]

I figure Orion is longer not wider (due to having four feet) so I thought they can both reach the opponent since Henry sits closer
to the middle/back of Orion's back so he has to use a reach weapon.

r2d2go
2014-07-13, 06:15 PM
As the bolt of energy from Dexter's new bow crashes into the blazing kitka, it lets out a deafening shockwave, shattering or cracking most of the kitka's bone plating and revealing glowing red lines of energy underneath. Then, Orion and Henry take on the icy kitka - unfortunately, both blows glance of the thick plating, and Henry and Orion begin to feel the chill of the freezing aura.

Next, Aurelian charges the fiery kitka, his greatsword smashing through the weakened plating. The flames wreathing the kitka rise up, but Aurelian merely grins as the fire seem to glance harmlessly off his skin.

[roll0] [roll1]

DC 18 fortitude save for you and Orion or Slow (one action per turn, -1 attack, AC and saves)

Nightraiderx
2014-07-13, 10:00 PM
Henry Save [roll0]
Orion Save [roll1]

"Man this icy monster's got quite the chilling aura,"
Henry tries to calm Orion down. Henry looks to see if the monster is wielding anything or is just using some sort of natural weapon.

r2d2go
2014-07-13, 10:44 PM
Both creatures look essentially like "normal" kitka at their base - a torso made of four foot-wide plated segments, a long, pointed skull, legs made of three smaller pointed sections, a scorpion-like tail tipped with a six-inch blade, and huge claws on their front feet.

They're a bit like Slivers from MtG - this picture is almost what the flaming one looks like, except everything is covered with big bone plates.

http://www.magicspoiler.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Blur-Sliver-M14-MTG-Spoiler.jpg

Arjhan
2014-07-13, 10:56 PM
Sadly, creature, I enjoy flames... and ice doesn't burn.

Move down the ramp to H6 and cast Shatter and Quickened Scorching Ray on the ice kitka.
Shatter: [roll0]
Scorching Ray: [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4]

BygoneQuill
2014-07-14, 05:56 PM
Let's get this over with!
Quill moves to H10 on floor 2
Taking 10 to tumble
[roll0]
[roll1]
Sneak Attack [roll2]

r2d2go
2014-07-14, 06:04 PM
Scorpio's strolls down the ramp, blasting the freezing kitka with sonic energy and shattering bone. Then, with a flick of a wrist, two beams of fiery energy shoot out of his palm, one of them striking through the now-fractured plating and into the bright blue energy lying underneath. The kitka seems to writhe in pain, and seeing his opportunity, Quill dashes past the kitka and strikes it from behind, his newly enhanced kusarigama striking a gap in the first layer of plating, shattering the second layer beneath just as it shattered rock in Hlal's demonstration. However, the two kitka manage to hold their nearly broken bodies together, and simultaneously attack - one at Aurelian and one at Orion. Both strike with lightning speed, their claws blurring and striking with unerring accuracy.

The blazing kitka manages to slip through Aurelian's heavy platemail, but misses his vitals by a hair. His second attack, however, makes up for this, ripping up vital organs and leaving Aurelian sprawled on the ground, dazed. Similarly, the icy kitka manages to catch Orion on the neck, leaving a deep gash down to the drakkensteed's skull and stunning him with the impact. A moment later, he is also caught by a vicious slash from the kitka's tail as well, leaving him prone and severely wounded.

Orion is stunned for 1 round and prone, and takes 37 damage.
Aurelian is stunned for 1 round and prone, and takes 41 damage.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7]
[roll8], [roll9], [roll10], [roll11]

[roll12], [roll13], [roll14], [roll15]
[roll16], [roll17], [roll18], [roll19]
[roll20], [roll21], [roll22], [roll23]

No Knowledge, though if you want to move skill points from leveling up into Knowledge (kitka) that could be a thing. A very useful thing :smalltongue: And yeah, sneak attack applies to the target of the arrow enhanced by Sonic Shot - the spell enhances an arrow, rather than have an effect on it's own. Those in the wide blast radius, though, are not affected.

SwordChucks
2014-07-15, 06:50 PM
Move to (F5) on floor two.

Dexter yells to the fiery kitka: Eyes on me ya bony git.

Attack+insight: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Skirmish: [roll2]

r2d2go
2014-07-16, 12:15 AM
Dexter's second shot smashes through the kitka's weakened skull, creating a small explosion of flame and shattered bone. Fortunately, Aurelian's platemail and resistance to fire deflect most of the blast, and he remains conscious, though still somewhat stunned. However, as you dash down, you notice that the two figures, which you can now see appear to be "ordinary" kitka, are sprinting towards the fight, now only a couple hundred feet away.

FLOOR ONE

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N

g
g
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g
g

g
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g

B
B
B
B
B
B
g

B
B
B
B
g

B
B
R
R
B
B
g

B
B
R
R
B
B
g
C

B
B
B
B
S

S

B
B
B
B
B
B
g

g
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g

g
g
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g
g

Blank = road
g = Grass
B = Bone Platform
R = Ramp
S = Shield Kitka
C = Claw Kitka
S = Scorpio

FLOOR TWO

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N

S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S

S

S

S

S
S
S
S
S

S

B
B
D
B

S
S
S
S
S

S
S
B
B
B
B
S
S
S
S
S
S

A
R
R
R
R
S
S
S
S

B
R
R
R
R
S
S
S
S

S
S
B
B
B
B
S
S
S
S
S
S

S

B
B
O
O
K
Q
S
S
S
S
S

S

S

S

S
S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S

S = Stone Wall
K = Ice Kitka
Blank = Stone Floor
R = Ramp
A = Aurelian
O = Orion, ridden by Henry
D = Dexter
Q = Quill

Note: The ramp on floor 1 corresponds to the right four squares of ramp on floor 2.

Arjhan
2014-07-17, 11:34 PM
Hmph. Still alive? Allow me to remedy this.

Quickened Acid Splash - [roll0], [roll1]
Then Lesser Orb of Energy (acid) - [roll2], [roll3]
Then walk to L7, first floor

r2d2go
2014-07-18, 12:17 AM
Arjhan's first, smaller ball of acid whizzes by the ice kitka, but the second splashes on a weakened joint, bringing the kitka to near death - at this point, most of it's plating lies crumbled on the ground, and it barely manages to drag its mangled body along. However, a moment later, it collapses, unable to continue, and the frame of cyan energy beneath bursts into a miniature blizzard, slashing and freezing those nearby.

A moment later, the kitka from further down the row come sprinting over. One pounces on Scorpio as he walks out of the bottom floor, tackling him to the ground and mutilating his flesh, while another bearing huge, shieldlike claws, simply stands guard in front of the ramp.

Henry, Orion, Quill - Make a reflex save (DC 18) or take [roll16] damage, make a fortitude save (DC 18) or be slowed.
Scorpio - take 31 damage, you're stunned and prone.

Since it's not very clear at this point...
Dexter's up next, then Aurelian, then Scorpio, then the two new Kitka. Henry+Orion and Quill are whenever they pop in, and once they pop in that's where they are in initiative for the rest of the fight - Quill because he said not to wait.

SwordChucks
2014-07-18, 08:28 PM
Dex moves to (G5) and does his best Guile impersonation with Sonic Shot at the Claw kitka. Sadly Scorpio and I are in the blast radius.

Sorry Scorpio, there's a charge on my belt with you name on it after this.

Spell damage (vs kitka): [roll1]
Damage+skirmish: [roll2]

Spell damage (vs nonkitka): [roll3]

r2d2go
2014-07-19, 12:37 AM
Dexter's sonic shot nearly blows apart the claw kitka, leaving most of its plating littered on the ground behind it, in addition to severely weakening the shield kitka. Unfortunately, the cacophonous roar deafens Scorpio, as well as nearly deafening Dexter.

Aurelian, realizing he won't be able to reach the kitka if he charges, instead moves over to Orion and channels positive energy into the Drakkensteed's body, healing his wounds. "Those slashes looked nasty... might need it if you're going in.

Move to E8, Cure Moderate Wounds on Orion

Scorpio takes 4 damage and is deafened.
Orion is healed for 14.

FLOOR ONE

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N

g
g
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g
g

g
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g

B
B
B
B
B
B
g

B
B
B
B
g

B
B
R
S
B
B
g

B
B
O
O
B
B
g
C

B
B
B
B
g

S

B
B
B
B
B
B
g

g
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g

g
g
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g
g

Blank = road
g = Grass
B = Bone Platform
R = Ramp
S = Shield Kitka
C = Claw Kitka
S = Scorpio
O = Orion

FLOOR TWO

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N

S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S

S

S

S

S
S
S
S
S

S

B
B
B
B

S
S
S
S
S

S
S
B
B
B
B
S
S
S
S
S
S

B
R
D
R
R
S
S
S
S

B
R
R
R
R
S
S
S
S

S
S
B
B
B
B
S
S
S
S
S
S

S

B
A
O
B

Q
S
S
S
S
S

S

S

S

S
S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S

S = Stone Wall
Blank = Stone Floor
R = Ramp
A = Aurelian
H = Henry
Q = Quill
D = Dexter

[roll4]

Nightraiderx
2014-07-19, 08:58 AM
"Thanks for helping Orion" Henry tells Orion to stand up and move next to dexter (G6-H6)
"I won't let them get you so easily this time..." Henry places his hands on Orion healing him.
"Hey you scaled, four-legged monsters! Over Here!" Henry taunts using provacation (DC 20 Will save at the start of their turns or they have to attack me or use non-hostile actions.)

To DM: Orion is healed further for 10 damage and move to E-F 7 Just so you know Orion has cover (20% miss chance) and my shield bonus to his AC is pretty high as well. I can also burn an immediate action if I choose to take the damage in his stead.

r2d2go
2014-07-19, 02:05 PM
Noted the AC and cover - these guys hit rather accurately. As to the immediate action thing, just post saying you do so and I'll retroactively change things :smalltongue:

[roll0], [roll1]

In response to Henry's taunt, both kitka stare at the stout warrior with hate, their eyes burning with rage. However, the claw kitka manages to turn back to the enemies at hand, it's readied to strike.

r2d2go
2014-07-20, 02:35 AM
Bluh, sorry, forgot that Scorpio's stunned :smalleek: anyway...

The Shield Kitka, seeing Scorpio mostly incapacitated, begins to walk towards Dexter and Orion. However, rather than attack them, the creature slams its shields together, creating a loud crash. When the sound fades, the kitka's eyes seem to glow brighter, enticing the party to attack it.

A moment later, the claw kitka leaps through the air with an inhuman shriek, slamming into Dexter, ripping flesh and crushing bone. Its eyes, now easily seen through shattered skull, glow with fiery rage, and it seems to have forgone precision for vicious, indiscriminate slashes. Despite not hitting any vital points, the flurry smashes and rips so much muscle and bone that Dexter can barely move, but he manages to stay conscious despite excruciating pain - for the moment.

Everyone, Will Save DC 20 or you can't attack anyone but the Shield Kitka.
Dexter, take 32 damage, putting you at Disabled. No stun, though.

Go ahead and go, Quill's not going to be back for awhile.

SwordChucks
2014-07-21, 10:36 PM
Will Save: [roll0]

Dexter uses a charge from his belt to close his wounds before he cautiously steps back from the kitka.

And here I thought you were all overreacting, that hurt!

Healing roll: [roll1]
5ft step to (F5)
The next time Dex is attacked I'll use an immediate action to use insightful defense (+4 to AC)

r2d2go
2014-07-22, 11:44 PM
Aurelian runs up to the Shield Kitka, supernaturally drawn to attack it. However, his blows are no less powerful, and his now flame-imbued greatsword cleaves through the weakened plating of the shield and into the torso of the kitka, leaving it stumbling for balance.

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
[roll3]

Well, since Scorpio's going, initiative is now Dexter, Aurelian, Scorpio, Kitka, Henry+Orion. Quill still jumps in whenever.

FLOOR ONE

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N

g
g
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g
g

g
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g

B
B
B
B
B
B
g

B
B
B
B
g

B
B
C
S
B
B
g

B
B
O
O
B
B
g

B
B
B
B
g

S

B
B
B
B
B
B
g

g
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g

g
g
B
B
B
B
B
B
g
g
g

Blank = road
g = Grass
B = Bone Platform
R = Ramp
S = Shield Kitka
C = Claw Kitka
S = Scorpio
O = Orion

FLOOR TWO

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N

S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S

S

S

S

S
S
S
S
S

S

B
B
B
B

S
S
S
S
S

S
S
B
B
B
B
S
S
S
S
S
S

B
R
D
R
R
S
S
S
S

B
R
R
R
R
S
S
S
S

S
S
B
B
B
B
S
S
S
S
S
S

S

B
A
H
B

Q
S
S
S
S
S

S

S

S

S
S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S

S
S
S
S
S
S
S
S

S = Stone Wall
Blank = Stone Floor
R = Ramp
A = Aurelian
H = Henry
Q = Quill
D = Dexter

r2d2go
2014-07-24, 10:47 PM
Scorpio, still stunned by the Claw Kitka's vicious strike, can only groggily look on as the creature attacks again, this time splitting his attacks between Orion and Dexter. Dexter manages to dodge under the first slash, but the second strikes true, leaving him unconscious on the ground and slowly bleeding to death. The creature also strikes Orion once with his claws, piercing the drakkensteed's abdomen, then follows with a stab of its tail through the neck, reopening the recently healed wounds. However, Orion manages to stay very much conscious despite the vicious assault.

At the same time, the Shield Kitka slams his shields again, drawing all to attack him.

Dexter, take 10 damage, Orion, take 21 damage. Everyone, Will DC 20 or you can only attack the Shield Kitka.

Nightraiderx
2014-07-25, 05:41 AM
I have Orion step back a bit and we both attack the shield kitia.

Moved to G-6, F-6
Henry's Attack:
[roll0]
Henry's damage:
[roll1]

Orion's Attack:
[roll2]
Orion's damage:
[roll3]

r2d2go
2014-07-25, 10:46 AM
Orion, injured as he is, attempts to claw at the kitka that dealt such grievous wounds. However, he is too shaken by the previous assault, and his feeble strike glances off the kitka's still partially-intact plating. However, Henry makes up for this as he lunges with his ranseur, catching the kitka where its plating is weak and shattering it. As he yanks the point of his polearm out, further bone crumbles onto the floor, leaving a gaping hole in the kitka's side. The hole continues widening, causing the kitka to slowly collapse, crumbling into pieces on the floor, revealing a skeleton-frame of arcane energy. Finally, when the corrosion reaches the kitka's skull, the glowing eyes wink out, and the remaining plating flies outward as the frame underneath explodes. However, this blast seems to be mostly harmless, as no one is harmed. Seeing his ally fallen, the claw kitka turns to flee, but Scorpio is gathering his wits and there seems to be no escape.

Aurelian, noting that there's no way for the claw kitka to escape, and that Scorpio can likely off it with a cantrip, prioritizes keeping Dexter alive. He steps back and channels healing energy, sealing the worst of Dexter's wounds and allowing him to regain consciousness.

Heal for 16, you're back up.

Arjhan
2014-07-25, 01:23 PM
Die.

Cast Magic Missile, then if not dead, Quickened Ray of Frost.
Damage: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

r2d2go
2014-07-25, 01:26 PM
Scorpio's volley of arcane missiles crash into the dying kitka, shattering it in three separate locations. Just like the Shield kitka, this one bursts in a mostly harmless blast of light and energy, littering its remains on the ground.

Nightraiderx
2014-07-25, 02:22 PM
"This was definitely not an easy battle, we should take refuge somewhere else before more arrive..."
Henry pulled his spear out of the shield Kitka, "They seem to have adapted many styles, even this one has developed
techniques to provoke. This isn't good, they're learning."

r2d2go
2014-07-25, 11:48 PM
Aurelian begins healing the party, trying to regain his divine energy as fast as possible to heal more quickly. "Indeed. We should head back quickly. With the huge creatures we met as allies, we should be able to win this war, but only if we defeat the caster before they evolve further.

r2d2go
2014-07-27, 02:33 PM
Those who return to Heartstone with Aurelian after healing find the trip uneventful, if tense. Upon returning, a humanoid Hlal greets you, seeming extremely pleased with the news of your new allies. Accompanying her is a raven-haired woman dressed in shadowy robes, with five streaks of colors running down the sides. Her eyes flicker with red, green, blue, black, and white, and she greets the party with a graceful curtsy. However, she has a supernatural, inexorable allure, and her eyes meet each of yours. The instant they do, visions of brutal, torturous ritual sacrifice and the blood-splattered tyranny of an elder dragon envelop your mind, chilling you to the bone.

A moment later, Hlal steps in between the party and the woman you now recognize as Tiamat. Her presence and the fact that it blocks Tiamat's eyes from view fill the party with a warm, comforting feeling. "Come, now, sister. We're all on the same side."

Tiamat grins with serrated, pointed teeth. "Just getting to know them, sister."

Hlal sighs and returns to addressing the party. "With the tremor wyrms on our side, this war just went from nearly hopeless to an even fight. Unfortunately, it sounds like this caster can silence them with ease, so your last mission is simply to destroy it. In reality, though, this is anything but a simple task. Our visions have shown that the caster is hidden in a fortress in the mountains, protected by dozens of wards and a small army, as well as impenetrable walls. However, they are up against both of us."

Hlal forces a smile at Tiamat, who grins in return, then begins to address the party. "Indeed. We'll bring you to the fortress by wing, which takes care of the impenetrable walls. My job is to take down the wards, while my dearest sister will try to soften up and distract the army for you. Then, you five will need to take down the caster, as quickly as possible. Once that is done... well, we'll see. The tremor wyrms should quickly wipe out the rest of the kitka, but you may have to keep your fragile, breakable bodies intact before they arrive."

Hlal maintains a strained smile despite Tiamat's questionable tone, and begins to speak to her. "Of course, Tiamat dear. But I seem to recall you promised to fund this attack?"

Tiamat glances away, looking slightly sullen. "But of course. So, my little pawns, what would you like to have for your assault? Please, keep it reasonable. I seem to recall my dear sister offering you twenty thousand gold pieces, so I will offer you the same amount. And then, unless you have any questions or other concerns, we must be off."

SwordChucks
2014-07-29, 05:07 PM
Dexter studies the corpses of the kitka and makes notes before returning to Heartstone.
I'd like 24 kitka bane arrows and to replace the twilight enchantment on my armor with blurring.
Costs 3985gp and 2sp. I didn't pay attention to the fact that Dex can cast with out spell failure already. Dex also reinvests his human bonus skill points in to Knowledge: (Kitka).

r2d2go
2014-07-30, 12:38 AM
"Keke... such efficiency! Very well, mortal, have your arrows and your armor."

Tiamat extends a finger, her fingernail suddenly a claw, and produces a tendril of shadow slithers towards Dexter. It envelops him for several seconds, creating a brief but unshakable feeling of terror, and then it is gone. Dexter's armor seems to shift and blur as he moves, newly enhanced to confuse his enemies, while his quiver is suddenly filled with pitchblack arrows.

Arjhan
2014-07-31, 02:21 AM
Scorpio simply stares Tiamat in the eyes.

Asking for a Lesser Metamagic Rod of Empower.

r2d2go
2014-07-31, 02:30 AM
Tiamat stares back at Scorpio for several long seconds, then laughs uproariously. "I can see why you chose this one, sister! Very well."

She opens her mouth, revealing nothing but swirling, inky blackness behind her serrated, pointed teeth. Then, she grabs one of her canines - almost a fang - and yanks it out, black blood coating it. Her tooth immediately regrows, but the tooth in her hand grows until it is a sizeable rod, swirling with her five colors, and she levitates it to Scorpio.

"I thought you might be better off with something more... temporary. That will only cost a fair share of the gold... Scorpio."

As she says his name, the rod falls, the point stabbing into Scorpio's hand. However, it somehow remains perfectly balanced, and the bleeding quickly stops.

Since you're almost at the end, reverse engineering costs gives you 3375 gold for 30 uses.

Nightraiderx
2014-07-31, 09:06 AM
"Tiamat, since I hope to take the brunt of the damage, I hope that an armor crystal of rubicund may be of use to me."

Henry respectfully took a knee before Tiamat, even though she was evil, she was still helping them.

r2d2go
2014-07-31, 01:13 PM
"This one knows how to treat a goddess... very well, mortal."

Tiamat grins, and scales start spreading up her neck, as if she were returning to her draconic form. However, once it reaches her right eye, it halts, and she plucks a scale from her shoulder. It grows to a larger, crystalline form, filled with inky shadow laced with red, green, blue, white, and even deeper black. With a flick of her wrist, it attaches to your armor, and you feel it's power surrounding you with a protective shield.

r2d2go
2014-08-01, 09:33 PM
Quill's not responding to anything, so we're moving on :smallfrown: I'll retroactively give him stuff, but I might end up controlling him and Aurelian :smallsigh:

Aurelian simply grimaces at the events unfolding in front of him, unwilling to compromise his morals. "I don't need anything, thank you." Tiamat simply grins, staring deep into Aurelian's eyes, walking closer and growing in stature until she was seven feet tall and staring down at him. As she does, an aura of terror seems to permeate the party, but Aurelian stands his ground. Finally, standing toe to toe, Tiamat starts to growl out "Oh, reall-"

"Well then! Let's get going, shall we?" Hlal, sensing Aurelian's discomfort, smiles at the party, diffusing any tension among the group. Tiamat instantly shrinks back to her previous five-foot-eight, and grins back at Hlal. "Very well, dearest sister." She then turns back to Aurelian, again looking him in the eyes. Nothing is said verbally, but judging by Aurelian's normally stoic demeanor shaking ever so slightly, they had a less than pleasant exchange.

Hlal and Tiamat then both walk a few steps away from the party, their forms shifting as they do. By the time they are fifteen feet away, their draconic bodies occupy that gap. Hlal taps her claw, and a sort of five-sectioned saddle appears on her back, while Tiamat grows four more heads until she is her symbolic, five-headed self. A voice, sinister and dark, whispers to you: Well then, my dear pawns, it's time for me to leave. Don't die until you do my bidding, hm? With that, Tiamat flaps her massive wings and flies off, gaining speed until she disappears into the horizon.

Hlal then steps up, her voice positively glowing in comparison to Tiamat's. Don't mind her... Anyway, climb up. I'll be dropping you off right where you need to be, and hopefully I'll keep the caster's army at bay.

SwordChucks
2014-08-02, 02:47 PM
You must have interesting family reunions. Dexter quips as he climbs aboard.

Do we have a plan beyond "land, then kill our way to the caster"? Any information on troop size or terrain?

Right before landing Dex will cast message on the party.

Nightraiderx
2014-08-02, 08:19 PM
For Orion's sake I try to keep cordial to all dragons. Henry flew along on Orion's back rubbing it's head.
If I were to treat any dragons with ill he panics because of his past. I can land somewhere else if needed for the plan.

r2d2go
2014-08-02, 10:11 PM
As the party flies atop Hlal, she discusses the task in front of you. There's actually quite the elaborate plan, but most of it is so that you aren't interrupted in killing the caster. Tiamat and I can disrupt armies and dispel wards with relative ease, but there are... rules, ones I can't tell you about until after your mission is complete. Your part is essentially, yes, drop in and kill the caster. Fighting your way to it won't be necessary, but not getting killed by its guards will be - however, the main army will not be a concern. In tms of guards... we know that the caster keeps at least one carrier, the massive type you have seen, but other than that there should only be a few guards. In terms of army size, it's large enough to utterly crush every city on the continent if unchecked. In terms of terrain... we're not sure of the exact details, but it should be fairly mundane.

After a few hours of flight, you reach the mountains - terrain unexplored by any of known civilization. Huge, jagged peaks rise up from above a blanket of clouds, creating an almost surreal landscape above the clouds. Then, you see your target - a mountaintop fortress encircled by five huge, runed, glowing crystals. Near these crystals flies Tiamat, looking almost diminutive in comparison to both the fortress and the crystals, breathing five streams of fire. As you descend, you can see a faint field of force flicker in and out of existence. As the party draws nearer, she grimaces. Hold on! The wards aren't entirely broken! She drops into a dive, breathing fire downwards, and crashes straight into the faint purple barrier. The entire world seem to fracture as all five crystals explode into millions of shards and the mountain rumbles in what seems to be anger. A huge portion of the fortress ceiling crumbles inwards as the mountain shakes, revealing panicking, scrambling kitka below. Hundreds of what you can't possibly identify fly by at breakneck speeds, most of them harmlessly deflecting off of Hlal but one finally pierces her shoulder, revealing what looks almost like the kitka's tail spine.

Hlal frantically begins to pulls out of her dive, but then after a split second returns dropping. She mentally shouts to you over the roaring wind, saying I can't slow down enough - my magic will slow your fall! The harness detaches and disintegrates, leaving the party very briefly dropping at past terminal velocity, but the free fall quickly decelerates as promised. However, Hlal is now struggling to pull into a glide, taking out a huge chunk of ceiling as she screeches past. She flies in a huge loop, moving so fast that she almost immediately returns, though at a more reasonable speed. She finally descends a quarter mile behind you, creating her own miniature earthquake as she slams into the stone floor. An army of kitka approach, swarming over the rubble, but she simply roars, and all the kitka suddenly stop in their tracks. A moment later, they're at each other's throats, slashing and smashing through their former allies while completely ignoring Hlal. Satisfied, she ascends, flying away. Good luck, heroes!

However, facing you is a formidable task. The caster sits atop a throne made of, like most things in the room, bone. However, the jewel studded seat seems to be an extension of a modified carrier - the caster sits on the somehow even more massive creature, the throne replacing the bone-carrying basket of the ones seen in Stonesong. The caster, seeing the party, casts a spell in a split second - a moment later, fire is raining down on the party, and the caster is standing towards one side of the colossus, the dark, empty sockets in his bony skull suddenly filled with fiery, burning rage.

Position yourselves wherever you want.

Initiative: Caster, Dexter, Quill, Stinger, Aurelian, Scorpio, Henry+Orion, Colossus

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6]

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N

C
C
C
C

C
C
C
C

C
C
C
C

R
C
C
C
C
R

R
R

R

R

R

R
R
R

R

R

R

R
R
R

R
R
R

R
R

R

R
R
R

R

R

R
R

R

R

R

R
R

R

R
R

R

R
R

R
R
R

R

R
R

R

R

R

R
R
R

R

R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R

R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R

R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R

C = The Caster!
C = Colossus
R = Rubble

r2d2go
2014-08-02, 10:46 PM
[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8]

The caster's rage seems especially directed at Orion, three beams of flame laced with darkness smashing into him without any chance for him to dodge. However, lesser beams rain down upon the rest of the party, Henry, Aurelian and Quill taking the full force of the attack. Dexter and Scorpio manage to dive out of the way, but are still scorched by the heat.

Orion takes 45 damage, Henry, Aurelian, and Quill take 22 damage, Dexter and Scorpio take 11 damage. Nightraider, if you can, go ahead and respond to the attack and I'll edit the flavor text.

The rubble isn't particularly hard to move around, but it does slow you down. Moving across it at full speed requires a DC 15 balance check or you fall prone and stop moving, while moving across it at half speed requires no check. However, the three rows of rubble at the bottom are piled up high, making crossing it require a DC 15 climb check. You saw the kitka fighting each other behind that.

The height of the colossus is around 15 feet.

SwordChucks
2014-08-03, 09:15 PM
Starting in (H12) moving to (I7) by going through clear squares. Casting sonic shot at the caster. 7 insight points left.

Dexter dashes closer to the caster with his bow drawn, doing his best to avoid the rubble. His mind races to remember everything he's learned about the kitka so far and he speaks a quick spell before loosing his arrow.

Knowledge (kitka)+insight: [roll0]
Attack with kitka bane arrow and insight: [roll1]
Spell damage: [roll2]
Arrow damage+skirmish: [roll3]
I'll post how much extra damage I get from knowledge devotion when I see the roll.

SwordChucks
2014-08-03, 09:17 PM
+2 to damage from knowledge devotion for a total of 34 to the caster.

Nightraiderx
2014-08-04, 07:01 AM
Starting at M9. Orion has a 20% miss chance he is my default ward until I feel it better to do so. I am pretty sure I can't resist that damage since it's elemental. But what I can do is up Orion's AC using a handy dandy ride check... if you wouldn't mind looking at my sheet for my bonuses I'll roll it here.
Unmodified Ride Check [roll0]
Unmodified Charging Attack roll for halberd [roll1]
Unmodified Halberd damage [roll2]

Edit: Oh that's going to hurt. Alot.

Henry pulls on Orion's reigns, hoping to maneuver around the fiery ray, as another hits his shoulder. Henry grits his teeth and attempts to dive straight for the caster.

r2d2go
2014-08-04, 07:50 PM
The caster, seeing Dexter's arrow fly towards him, begins to laugh in a crackling, strangely artificial voice. Then, the arrow completely smashes through a previously invisible barrier, and his amusement becomes surprise and then pain as his plating, throne and carrier crumble around him. Unlike any other kitka before, he begins to speak. "Fools..."

r2d2go
2014-08-04, 08:02 PM
Aurelian lands near the colossus, and winces from the raining fire, but mostly ignores the pain. "Alright, you corpse defiling lump of bone. Time to die." He charges his great sword with a spell, then cleaves through two legs with a sonic screech, trying to bring the caster down into melee range.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Ouch. 2 and 5 for attack rolls, 16 and 20 saves.

However, his first swing only just manages to clip the plating, and the second misses completely, smashing into the ground and blasting rock shards all around.

Arjhan
2014-08-06, 05:45 PM
Standing in N8. Spellblade Edge Eldritch Blast Empowered Twined Shatter, attack[roll0] damage[roll1]. Quickened Acid splash, attack[roll2] damage[roll3]
Scorpio yells For the freedom to be tyrannical! with mystical power. Followed by a small cough of acid.

r2d2go
2014-08-06, 05:51 PM
[roll0]
[roll1], [roll2]
[roll3], [roll4]
[roll5], [roll6]

The caster braces himself against Scorpio's arcane fury, managing to resist the brunt of the sonic explosion. However, even with his defenses, half his plating disintegrates and reveals what is beneath - not strands of arcane energy, like the others, but runed bone instead. The caster hisses, his voice raspy and pained. "You will suffer! My Lord's plans will not be in vain!"

r2d2go
2014-08-07, 05:51 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N

C
C
C
C

C
C
C
C

C
C
C
C

R
C
C
C
C
R

R
R
A
R

R

R

R
R
R

R

R

R

R
R
R

R
R
R

R
R

R

R
R
R

R

S

R
R

R

R

R

R
R
D
R

R
R
H

R

R
R

R
R
R

R

R
R

R

R

R

R
R
R

R

R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R

R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R

R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R

C = The Caster!
C = Colossus
R = Rubble
A = Aurelian
H = Henry
D = Dexter
S = Scorpio

r2d2go
2014-08-07, 10:03 PM
The colossus raises a huge claw, smashing the ground where Aurelian stands, sending shrapnel flying and forcing Aurelian to one knee despite blocking with the flat of his blade. Then, he raises another claw, this time sending it crashing into Scorpio, slashing a huge, deep gash from shoulder to hip. He stumbles, but manages to stay standing - however, the next attack is at Quill, and comes from the colossus's giant front tusks. Instead of picking up corpses, this one creates one, goring Quill through the heart as he recovers from his fall, leaving him bleeding on the ground, motionless. The caster chuckles in its deep, artificial and raspy voice, then flicks a hand. A spray of ice fills the area, slashing the party with tiny shards and briefly freezing limbs. While the party is weakened, he fires off a second rain of fire, though it was significantly less powerful. Then he taps his own cracking, crumbling arm, and suddenly is surrounded by three images, which quickly solidify, making it unclear which image was the original.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Quill takes 66 damage, Aurelian and Scorpio take 28 damage each.
Aurelian and Orion are dazed for 1 round (Orion if he's within 30 feet, I'm still not sure exactly where he is). Everyone (again except maybe Orion/Henry) takes 12 damage.

SwordChucks
2014-08-07, 11:05 PM
Oh gods...Quill.

Dexter lets out a bellow of rage before stepping behind Scorpio. Not knowing which caster is the real one, Dex decides to hit them all by firing an ensorcelled arrow at the colossus.

Move to (H9) and cast sonic shot again.

Arrow damage: [roll1]
Spell damage (vs. kitka): [roll2]
Spell damage (vs non kitka): [roll3]

r2d2go
2014-08-07, 11:13 PM
The caster's eyes flash as he sees a second arrow flying towards him, now more wary of Dexter's powerful shots. However, a split second later, he notices it is targeted below him, and merely braces for impact as he continues to chuckle. The battered colossus meets the shot head on, and one bloodied tusk cracking and partially breaking off from the explosion, but it raises its head to look at its assailant. From within its glowing, red, eyes, Dexter can see nothing but endless rage. He knows he's next.

Arjhan
2014-08-08, 06:50 PM
I cast Twined Lesser Orb of Energy Acid at the big thing attack[roll0] damage[roll1] Now I can't have you harming my friends. As balls of acid speed towards the behemoth.

r2d2go
2014-08-08, 06:57 PM
Scorpio's orbs of acid dart forward, grazing invisible wards before crashing into the colossus' skull. It just manages to keep standing, but as it takes a step forward towards Dexter, a claw cracks, then crumbles. The colossus falls on one side, steadying itself with the stump of its claw, its body shaking and rumbling as it struggles to remain standing.

Nightraiderx
2014-08-10, 10:38 PM
I attempt to stab at the caster again, as Orion moves in for a bite attack.
"Die, foul cretin!"

Moves to I-5
Henry 1st Attack [roll0]
Henry Damage [roll1]
Henry 2nd Attack [roll2]
Henry Damage [roll3]

Orion's Attack [roll4]
Orion's Damage [roll5]

r2d2go
2014-08-10, 10:59 PM
[roll0], [roll1], extra characters because I'm not allowed to use less than 10 :smalltongue:

Henry reaches up, miraculously both hitting the correct Caster and breaking through his wards - his halberd cleaves through bone and, leaving the creature with one less arm. Orion also tries to throw in a bite, but only manages to hit and dissipate an image. However, the caster seems to be on his last legs, his breath now veritable wheezing. "You... You will never succeed!" He steps back, his claw glowing with energy as he rasps out arcane syllables and the colossus moves forward.

r2d2go
2014-08-10, 11:12 PM
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5], [roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N

R

R
R

R

C
C
C
C

H

R

R
C
C
C
C

R

R

R
R
C
C
C
C
R

R
R

R

R
R
C
C
C
C
S

R
R

R

R

R

R
R
D
R

R
R

R

R
R

R
R
R

R

R
R

R

R

R

R
R
R

R

R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R

R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R

R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R

r2d2go
2014-08-10, 11:30 PM
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

The colossus lumbers forward, almost limping with it's broken claw. It passes Aurelian, crushing him with a claw almost as an afterthought - he tries to block with his massive greatsword, but even the magically reinforced blade could not withstand the weight of the colossus. The claw pierces through first the sword, then Aurelian, leaving him motionless on the ground. Then, it continues on it's path towards Dexter, head lowered. Upon reaching him, it's head jerks up, but Dexter manages to flip out of the way of the piercing tusk. However, he is not so fortunate with the claw that descends upon him, sending him crashing into the ground - not as badly injured as Aurelian, but still unconscious and bleeding. Satisified, the colossus turns to face the remaining enemies.

As the Colossus does this, the Caster flicks his wrist, a huge orb of acid flying towards Scorpio. However, Scorpio manages to dodge out of the way, sending the acid splashing mostly harmlessly into the ground. Cursing, the Caster throws another spell, this time sending an equally huge blast of pure eldritch energy at Henry, this time striking true. Strands of the same, purplish energy course through Scorpio and Orion as Henry is launched back, barely conscious.

Aurelian takes 22 damage, he's dead.
Dexter takes 22 damage, you're at -4 and bleeding.
Henry takes 50 damage, 1 hp :smalleek:
Scorpio and Orion take 12 damage each.

Arjhan
2014-08-11, 05:41 PM
I use my staff to blast the caster attack[roll0] damage[roll1]. Then I grab Dexter's healing belt.
Your race seems like fascinating organisms. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

r2d2go
2014-08-11, 05:45 PM
[roll0][roll1]

Scorpio fires a volley of scorching rays, each one hitting something different - however, the one that hit the true Caster seemed to do enough. The smoldering corpse of the caster falls down, first onto the colossus, then crumbling onto the ground. The colossus, however, only keeps swinging, turning his attention to the remaining enemies.

Nightraiderx
2014-08-11, 08:30 PM
Henry looks at the ray, yelling angrily as Henry uses his shield to deflect it away from him.
Henry pulls on Orion's reigns, hoping to move Orion out of harms way of the ray, but the ray pierce Orion as Orion begins to
glide down for a crash landing Bleeding out. I however place my hands on him and heal him for 12, using my move action to attempt to
bait the beast away from everyone else and have it focus on me.

"Come beast, for your fate shall be the same as your master!"

Using Unbreakable Shield to Negate the hit on me as an immediate action.
Standard Action using Healing touch (12 HP) on Orion bringing him back up to 7 hp
Move Action to provoke Collossus. DC 17 WILL SAVE (I do this last so everyone gets their attacks in before I provoke)
Wait did Orion get a 6 HD when we leveled up? or is he still at 5 HD?

r2d2go
2014-08-13, 06:04 PM
Nope, he's still at 5, unfortunately.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

The Colossus turns, angered by Henry's provocation. It attacks, trying to smash the mighty sentinel. However, its remaining tusk shatters on his massive platemail, and its weakened, blunt claw is deflected off his magical shield, though not without crushing and folding the metal. Finally, one last swing pierces both weakened shield and enormous plate - but Henry's newly obtained warding diamond protects him from a great deal of the damage. Despite the lack of the success, the Colossus's eyes only fill further with rage.

Arjhan
2014-08-13, 11:36 PM
Burn with the staff again attack [roll0] damage [roll1]. Then move to equip the belt.
I think it's time we exited this stage.

r2d2go
2014-08-13, 11:39 PM
Scorpio's final volley of rays blasts the colossus, and it's seemingly undying rage slowly dies down until its eyes fade to dull black. With a huge crash, its corpse collapses to the ground, and once the dust settles, all is quiet. Then, Dexter's strained breathing breaks the silence, and Scorpio quickly moves to use the healing belt.

Nightraiderx
2014-08-14, 07:16 AM
Henry walked over to the corpse of the mage Kitka and kicked it hard. Anger and hatred at the empty husk brimmed.
"Serves you right, scaly abomination! May you rot in the Under planes." He turns and walks over to the barely
alive Orion, rubbing his head. "It is done, boy! It's finally over..."

r2d2go
2014-08-14, 10:32 PM
As Scorpio finishes healing Dexter, you feel a distant bellow. Not a moment later, it gets closer, and the ground begins to crack, striking fear through your weary bones. However, the rubble behind you crumbles with a third roar, and you can see from the mountain fortress that your newfound allies have arrived down below, a half dozen tearing through legions and legions of kitka. A few volleys are returned, slaying one, then two of the mighty creatures, but the few remaining press on, and finally crush the enemy. A moment later, a golden glow fills the room, followed by a flurry of black lightning, and two mighty dragons stand before you.

You have done well, champions.

Yes... surprisingly competent for mere pawns. Competent enough to warrant a knighting, would you say, sister?

More than enough. Come, champions. You shall ascend.

Before your vision can fully return, it is replaced by a bright white light. You feel your wounds healing, your body lifting, and your mind transforming. When your eyes open, you stand atop the mountains beyond where your final battle stood, ones previously thought insurmountable, so high that the clouds are leagues below. Then, the clouds clear, and you see that you are not in your continent anymore.

"Behold. The true world lies ahead."

In front of you lies a huge plain, surrounded by a massive, curving mountain range, each peak as high as the one you stand upon. Upon the endless grassland below, cities, ruins, castles and towns dot the landscape. You can see the cells the mountains form, hundreds of continents seemingly identical to yours, some with blots of color clashing against each other. A moment later, you realize that these are armies, so huge that they discolor the landscape.

Looking back, you see that your accomplishments are equally large. The kitka corpses, lying in droves in rocky crags and grassy plains below, blot out whole landscapes. The tremor wyrms have disappeared, though the cities you fought to protect stand strong. When you turn to face the massive plains again, it has faded, obscured by clouds.

"When you wake again, you will step into this new battleground. Heroes you are, and heroes you must become again. Good luck."

The white light that lifted you returns, and you feel utterly at peace as you drift to the world below.