PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Sending across planes

fishyfishyfishy
2014-05-25, 06:56 PM
I have a Wizard player who would like to create a custom spell that would allow him to contact someone as the sending spell, but from another plane. Is there such a thing already? (I'm open to third party and pathfinder material if there is) If not, what level would be appropriate for this type of spell?

eggynack
2014-05-25, 07:08 PM
You can pretty much just use sending. It already works across planes, albeit with a 5% failure chance. Not much point in creating a higher level of spell to eliminate a 5% failure chance.

fishyfishyfishy
2014-05-25, 08:09 PM
Wow...I don't know how my entire group missed that line.

Slipperychicken
2014-05-25, 08:14 PM
You can pretty much just use sending. It already works across planes, albeit with a 5% failure chance. Not much point in creating a higher level of spell to eliminate a 5% failure chance.

Yeah, just re-cast it if you don't get a response. Maybe include code for "please respond" in there.

Graypairofsocks
2014-05-27, 07:21 PM
There is the Interplanar Message spell but it is only on the Cleric spell list(it is a lvl 3 spell), the Manual of the Planes' version is somewhat similar to sending*, and so is the Spell Compendium one though a bit more different (You have to send the message within 24 hours per caster level, no word limit, is discharged when sent, and only one active at a time).

*The spell targets a creature that you touched, then (I think only once) any time later you can send a message of 25 words to them.