PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Build Advice.

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-05-25, 06:59 PM
This is a Gestalt Build

Warforged as the race
Spirit Lion Totem Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1/Dungeon Crasher 6/Warforged Juggernaut 5 [No idea what I am gonna do beyond level 12]

So for my other side of the gestalt I wanted to add Manuevers and I like the Crusader's tank aspects.

Any advice on a Crusader/ToB build?

I want the build to make him virtually impossible to stop when he gets moving and going. He is the ultimate protector and damage dealer he was designed to protect one of the other party members.

I don't mind him also using Sword and Board because a large shield wielding robot could be awesome.

Val666
2014-05-25, 10:22 PM
For tanking try using a reach weapon, guisarme comes to mind if your not willing to blow a feat in Exotic Weapon Proficieny (Spiked Chain). As for maneuvers keep the healing maneuvers up at all times since they heal you even with the levels of Warforged Juggernaut and if your party is melee focused try getting the White Raven level 9 maneuver. For stances, Ironguard Glare and Martial Spirit are good 1st level ones but your default stance is Thicket of Blades, it makes tanking viable. For feats grab Stand Still,Combat Reflexes,Power AttacK, maybe Improved Trip if you can. Since you are a Warforged, Adamantine Body would work for tanking porpouses. For damage side because you are focusing charge, as I said before, White Raven charging maneuvers shine here. Shock Trooper + Leap Attack is the standard combination for chargers. Sword and Board is...crap compared to reach for tanking so grab your weapon and always have a backup. Remember you gain 2 bonus feats from fighter 1 and 4.

Your feat proggresion could be like this:
lvl1) Adamantine Body, Extra Rage (flaw), Power Attack (flaw)
lvl2) Improved Bull Rush (fighter bonus feat)
lvl3) Stand Still
lvl5) Combat Reflexes (fighter bonus feat, this could be any other bonus feat)
lvl6) Shock Trooper
lvl9) Leap Attack
lvl12) Extra Granted Maneuver
lvl15) Battle Jump maybe
lvl18) ?

You could fill those 12 remaining levels with 2 levels of Warblade for Moment of Perfect Mind and Iron Heart Surge, and if your DM allows it (which I think he should) take 10 levels of Frenzy Berserker, ONLY if he rules that you can end your frenzy with Iron Heart Surge. If not, maybe more Warblade levels could do the trick.

Hope this helps.