PDA

View Full Version : Eidetic spellcaster as a virtual feat?

questionmark693
2014-05-25, 07:10 PM
So eidetic spellcaster. Lets you prepare any spell you know, without the use of a spellbook. Spell mastery lets you do a similar thing as a feat, but only for an amount of spells equal to your intelligence modifier. Uncanny forethought requires spell mastery. But since eidetic spellcaster does the same thing (more so, in fact), does that count as the prereq?

Vaz
2014-05-25, 07:28 PM
No.

letters

Jeff the Green
2014-05-25, 07:54 PM
On the other hand, it wouldn't be unreasonable to house rule it to require a feat you can actually use. I wouldn't let a player just count as having Spell Mastery, though.

Slipperychicken
2014-05-25, 10:12 PM
Besides, Uncanny Forethought is absolutely worth the feat tax, and it's not like wizards have a lot of required feats anyway.

I could see your suggestion working as a houserule from a logical standpoint, but Wizards don't need the buff, especially when they're pulling out tricks like Eidetic Spellcaster and UF. Since you're probably using the other parts of the "spontaneous wizard" combo (i.e. Nexus Method, Spontaneous Divination, etc.), I'd bet you especially don't need the buff.