PDA

View Full Version : Construct Lich (lich template with transformative prestige classes)

Yogibear41
2014-05-25, 08:07 PM
Is there any rules legal way to have a renegade mastermaker with the lich template or something similar to this? Since technically becoming a lich disqualifies you from the renegade mastermakers qualifications you would lose all of its abilities correct? And if you already had the 10th level of the class you would technically not even be able to take the lich template either.

I suppose a 9/10 Green Star Adept could work but 4 out of 9 casting just seems horrible.

I realize I cannot have both creature types and would prefer to be undead, just trying to create something with a machine/construct based feel.

Jeff the Green
2014-05-25, 08:33 PM
Warforged Walker in the Waste? Granted, you have a bonus to the irrelevant ability and a penalty to the two most important.

If you've got Dragon Compendium, a warforged Death Master would end up being a warforged lich.

Yogibear41
2014-05-25, 09:03 PM
Looking for a way to do it from a human start though, trying to replicate something similar to the Iron Lich from Iron Kingdoms.

Ravens_cry
2014-05-25, 09:57 PM
I must ask what goals this helps with. As either a Lich or Warforged, you are immortal, though Lichdom does give a way of coming back if killed. It's a neat concept, don't get me wrong, I am just wondering what the motivation is in-character.

Yogibear41
2014-05-25, 10:14 PM
Character doesn't exist, was just a passing idea I had while reading through some things.

But motivation wise I thought maybe I could have him start his career(level 1 wizard) as having a particularly large interest in the inevitables from the clockwork mechanus plane, and as he leveled up begin to tinker with mechanical things and making constructs and clockwork armor and then delving into renegade mastermaker as his interest begins to grown into an obsession. The hard part to explain would be the divergence from the mechanical aspect into the undead aspect of the character concept, perhaps I could have that as apart of the initial interest, or maybe I could say that once he was around the 7th or 8th level in the mastermaker class because he had not yet achieve his mechanical "perfection" and eternal life he could look to other areas to preserve himself from death. This of course would all happen over the course of his life with him starting out in his 20s at level 1 and then reaching level 12 or so by his late life years and taking up the lich template before he died of old age.

Give me a few days and I'm sure I'll have another off the wall character concept drawn up in my mind. :smallsmile: