PDA

View Full Version : Question about races and what goes on with combinations of them.

Jynkoslayer527
2014-05-25, 08:50 PM
Ok, so I have a 3/4ths human, 1/4th elf character, I recieve partial elf characteristics as well with the ability to find the secret rooms and junk. We are traveling to a place where you get to change preferably anything about your character, pretty much a perma-morphing place where any of your levels can be traded and feats, etc. I was thinking about morphing my character with celestial in it, using the celestial template, I was thinking maybe 1/2 human, 1/4th elf, and 1/4 celestial, because I really like the bonuses and wings a celestial would get. Though the LA +4 is the issue, I was thinking since I'm only 1/4th of it I'd get dropped statistics from their bonuses, as well as a LA of +1 or 2 dependent on all the bonuses. I was thinking along the lines of these bonuses:
-Outsider still (of course)
-Nat AC +1
-Daylight OR Smite Evil, NOT BOTH
-All the natural spell like abilities because Humans are considered "All Players" and Elfs are considered intelligent for spells and such so it'd retain this portion.
-Slight resistance to disease
-Resistance to acid 2/ cold 4/ electricity 4. (Don't ask how I figured that out, just spit balled it lol)
-Damage Reduction: 2/magic if HD is 11 or less or 5/magic if HD is 12 or more.
-Spell Resistance equal to half characters HD +8 up to total of 20
-Stat Increases: STR +1, CON +1, WIS +1, and CHA +1
-Challenge Rating: HD 8 or less, as base creature +1; HD 9 to 15, as base creature +2; HD 16 or more, as base creature +3.
-Alignment: Neutral or Good(ANY)
- LA same as base creature +2

If you'd like to or will, I'd like to see anyone think of it any differently, I'll just have to convince my DM to let me use this, truly I just want the wings and spell ability stuff, but that LA is just crazy at +4. Any comments on adjusting what I personally though a 1/4th celestial ought to get I'll take into consideration.
By the way I got the template for the half celestial from here
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/halfCelestial.htm
Thank you in advance everyone!!!

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-25, 10:25 PM
Well first off, never give out +1 stat bonuses. They do that in some 3rd party publications, but the "official" stance is to only give out even racial modifiers. As for a toned down Half-Celestial, I'd probably go something more like
Outsider [native]
Flight as Raptoran (glide -> true flight)
Daylight 3/day
Darkvision 60ft
Acid, cold and electricity resistance 5
SR equal to 11+HD as Drow Elves
+2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma
+4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and poison
Selection of the original Half-Celestial SLAs, to be negotiated with your DM
LA: +2

Depending on SLA choice, I'd consider it a fairly decent template as both a player and DM. SLA choice would be critical here, as other wise I'd peg it as a really strong LA +1.