PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Evil character died, Help me figure out what do with the body >:D

VirgilOPwizard
2014-05-25, 10:05 PM
I was playing my half minotaur fighter/hulking hurler, Bale, and my DM rolled an instant death critical against him. Now I need to make a new character and I was hoping to incorporate the old character's body somehow. This is an evil campaign, so any manner of zombie-crafting or other nefarious ideas are totally accepted!

Some ideas I had already:
- Mecha-Bale: ressurrect him and make him a cyborg full of warforged grafts and new items
- Zombie-Bale: raise Bale as a zombie, possibly stick some other parts on to enhance him
- Bale the gundam: Make a new artificer character who makes the body into some kind of exo-suit and uses it to fight
- Brain transplant Bale: Put in a new brain Frankenstein style and bring him to life. Except now he's super smart (as apposed to his previous incredibly dumb state), sort of like Beast from X-men.

Anyone have any other ideas?

ChaosArchon
2014-05-25, 10:26 PM
Have him come back as a demon or devil?

Spore
2014-05-25, 10:44 PM
Have him come back as a demon or devil?

Seconded. Half-Fiend Template ftw.

TheCountAlucard
2014-05-26, 09:54 AM
Turn Bale into a fiend, then turn that fiend into a suit.

Not if you have to use the crappy Acolyte of the Skin PrC, though.

Jay R
2014-05-26, 10:14 AM
Loot it. Loot the body.

What do they teach them in these schools?

Felhammer
2014-05-27, 01:01 PM
Fashion awesome looking clothing out of Bale's hide. Everyone wants a minotaur head helmet, a minotaur-hide cape, minotaur-skin gloves and we all know those hooves are extra lucky (like ten times luckier than rabbit feet!).

Coidzor
2014-05-27, 01:45 PM
What system? If it's 3.5, you can just cast "Animate Dread Warrior" and you get him back with the Dread Warrior template from Unapproachable East in exchange for some XP you spend on the spell.

Alex12
2014-05-27, 04:54 PM
According to BoVD, Humanoid body parts can be used as optional spell components to increase the power of spells.
Specifically, hearts have a 25% chance to increase CL by 2, brains have a 50% chance to double the range, and a finger has a 40% chance of increasing the to-hit of a melee or ranged touch attack spell by 1. Also, the eyes of humanoid children have a 20% chance of doubling duration, but I'm assuming your character wasn't a child.

I'll note, though, that these only work with fresh or preserved organs, though fortunately, there's a Preserve Organ spell in the same book (also Gentle Repose is Core)