PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Lizardfolk's Humanoid Levels

thorbwahahahaha
2014-05-25, 10:21 PM
I have a question about the MM1 Lizardfolk race, I have recently been reading up on them since I am currently making one as a character.

According to their description they get 1 feat from their humanoid levels. Am i to understand that this feat is similar to the human's racial free feat at level 1 or is it from of their base Char Level of 2?

Because if it is the former then I basically get 1 free feat.

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-25, 10:30 PM
I have a question about the MM1 Lizardfolk race, I have recently been reading up on them since I am currently making one as a character.

According to their description they get 1 feat from their humanoid levels. Am i to understand that this feat is similar to the human's racial free feat at level 1 or is it from of their base Char Level of 2?

Because if it is the former then I basically get 1 free feat.

The latter, unfortunately.

thorbwahahahaha
2014-05-26, 04:03 AM
Thank you, I need clarification since the wording seemed like it could go either way.

Curmudgeon
2014-05-26, 11:22 AM
Characters and monsters follow nearly all the same rules. The only "extra" feats are those racial bonus feats designated as such with a superscript B; all the other feats are granted in the same way characters get them.

Coidzor
2014-05-26, 01:57 PM

Specifically it's from their first HD/first level in humanoid just like a 1st level Sorcerer/Warlock/Rogue/etc. will get a feat even if they aren't of a race that gets a feat or taking their first level in a class that grants feats.

lunar2
2014-05-26, 07:20 PM
on the other hand, the DMG says that creatures with RHD get the feats their race gives them, and a feat for their first class level. that doesn't help the lizardfolk, since their first class level is also their 3rd HD, but a bugbear gets a free feat out of it, since their first class level is their 4th HD.

RedMage125
2014-05-26, 08:27 PM
You can always choose to take different feats than the "default" examples in the MM though.

Urpriest
2014-05-26, 08:28 PM
on the other hand, the DMG says that creatures with RHD get the feats their race gives them, and a feat for their first class level. that doesn't help the lizardfolk, since their first class level is also their 3rd HD, but a bugbear gets a free feat out of it, since their first class level is their 4th HD.

MM is the primary source for that, though, and it disagrees.

lunar2
2014-05-26, 10:10 PM
yeah, i know. but fun cheese is fun cheese. i play an ambush drake, and get an extra feat out of the deal.