PDA

View Full Version : Any Metamagic Feat requirement satisfied by Another w/ same requirment?

Bugworlds
2014-05-25, 10:33 PM
If at level 1 you are able to take two feats, can you take two feats which both have the requirement "any other metamagical feat?" I've played with the rule you are able to take any feat but it is not active or usable until you have the requirements but it seems that's not quite RAW. What is RAW is
Your character must have the indicated ability score, class feature, feat, skill, base attack bonus, or other quality designated in order to select or use that feat. A character can gain a feat at the same level at which he or she gains the prerequisite.

So, if one gains a level (being level 1) they would gain the prerequisite (being a feat) as long as they were allowed to take them both at the same time; right?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#prerequisites

bekeleven
2014-05-25, 10:49 PM
RAW no, because you select all level 1 feats at the same time, and you qualify for neither when you do. But I'd probably allow it.

HighWater
2014-05-25, 11:12 PM
RAW no, and I wouldn't allow it. There's a reason some MetaMagic feats demand you have another MetaMagic feat first and that's because they're usually a bit stronger/better at the get go.

If you want to take a MM feat that has "any MM feat" as a prerequisite, you're going to have to take a MM feat that doesn't have that prereq first. You always take feats in order, even if you gain them at the same level.