PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Chronos as a 3.X deity?

Yael
2014-05-26, 12:50 AM
I've never seen Chronos as a deity (though I know that he is a 2e Forgotten Realms "another" deity).

Is there an specific build (or even a full pantheon) where Chronos fits in as the god of time himself?

Thing is, a group and me are starting a new game and I will take the role of Chronos himself, but starting as level 1st using a homebrew class (Chronoshifter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=13663397&postcount=1), by Temotei.) The storyline is somewat weird, as we are not from the current Material Plane, we were taken there and I lost all my powers and half my memories as the old God of Time from Danu Talis (from early OUR Material Plane.)

This is a concept that got approved by the DM, and due to me being a normal level 1st Chronoshifter (mortal and no divine ranks), this seems OKAY. This is somewhy I need a build/divine profile about Chronos. Homebrew (obviously) allowed, but try not to be overpowered as hell.

Yael
2014-05-26, 07:58 PM
I love how I never get an answer :)

Graypairofsocks
2014-05-27, 09:06 AM
Chronos is a Titan, and he was detailed in Dragon Magazine #357 in the article "Ecology of the Titan".

I don't think he had a Divine rank though, but I think he could grant spells(no idea about his domains).

He was mentioned in passing in "Manual of the Planes" and\or "Planar Handbook", where he was said to reside in the "Tarterian Depths of Carceri".

Chronos
2014-05-27, 10:41 AM
Chronos is a Titan...
*checks forum title next to post*

Huh, so I am. Hey, does this mean I can cast Gate?

Werephilosopher
2014-05-27, 02:14 PM
Cronus was the titan mentioned in the Dragon Magazine article. Chronos is a primordial entity, the master and personification of time. People often confuse the two, but they are very different. Aside from a brief mention in a 2e book as a god of time, I don't think Chronos has ever had a major role in D&D.