PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dal Quor - The Region of Dreams and my druid/planar shepherd

Agamemmnoth
2014-05-26, 01:50 AM
I'm about to go planar shepherd. Just dinged 6 and I'm about to go down that awesome road. I'm definitely considering the dream realm. Been reading this (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1081076) and it just screams I win to me. Lovin the 10:1 round ration for all my guys in my "bubble." It's like time stop on steroids.

I can't seem to find any info on the Quori. Are there any decent forms? I know like the 10:1 round ration isn't cheese enough right? Still as long as I'm pimping mah druid I might as well cheese it up.

Anyone got a list of the better forms that might be worth taking? Seems info is spares on this.

Coidzor
2014-05-26, 02:29 AM
The plane of battle Shavarath allows basically all Archons, Demons, and Devils, amongst other things, which can be quite nifty and, IIRC, is the leading contender after Dal Quor.

The Quori are... at least as far as I can recall, nothing to write home about as far as forms go, but the action economy advantage more than makes up for that. 3 are detailed in books, 1 in the Eberron Campaign Setting and 2 in Magic of Eberron, IIRC, with the other 3 or 4 are Dragon Magazine content.

cosmonuts
2014-05-26, 02:32 AM
The plane of battle Shavarath allows basically all Archons, Demons, and Devils, amongst other things, which can be quite nifty and, IIRC, is the leading contender after Dal Quor.

The Quori are... at least as far as I can recall, nothing to write home about as far as forms go, but the action economy advantage more than makes up for that. 3 are detailed in books, 1 in the Eberron Campaign Setting and 2 in Magic of Eberron, IIRC, with the other 3 or 4 are Dragon Magazine content.

Does Shavarath have any useful planar traits?

Coidzor
2014-05-26, 02:39 AM

I think it offers protection against compulsion and charm effects, but I can't recall for certain. The effects are not in the same ballpark as the action economy abuse of Dal Quor though, but, well, that's probably for the better, generally speaking.

Agamemmnoth
2014-05-26, 02:44 AM
I think it offers protection against compulsion and charm effects, but I can't recall for certain. The effects are not in the same ballpark as the action economy abuse of Dal Quor though, but, well, that's probably for the better, generally speaking.

I always figured Fernia - the Sea of Fire was a close contender to Dal Quor due to the Efreeti and Phoelarch. Wish is quite nice.

Edit: I know the action economy abuse is broken cheese, but I can't help it, I'm a lover of cheese and power. Lol.

shadowseve
2014-05-26, 02:49 AM

The planar shepherd handbook (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1081076) will give you each realm and what they can do. Dal Quor is insane.

Since I tend to play NG type of druids I'm going Syrania - The Azure Sky. While it's not the most powerful of cheese, the angels are quite nice.

VariSami
2014-05-26, 02:59 AM
3 are detailed in books, 1 in the Eberron Campaign Setting and 2 in Magic of Eberron, IIRC, with the other 3 or 4 are Dragon Magazine content.

3 more are detailed in Secrets of Sarlona, including a CR20 18HD "nobility of nightmares" in the form of the Kalaraq Quori. But I agree - action economy would be the primary reason to pick Dal Quor, although it is also the primary reason not to pick Dal Quor if one wishes to remain in a good standing with their DM.

Agamemmnoth
2014-05-26, 03:15 AM
3 more are detailed in Secrets of Sarlona, including a CR20 18HD "nobility of nightmares" in the form of the Kalaraq Quori. But I agree - action economy would be the primary reason to pick Dal Quor, although it is also the primary reason not to pick Dal Quor if one wishes to remain in a good standing with their DM.

I can't help it I love cheese and power. Fleshraker companion + venomfire. Dal Quor realm... Just sounds like....me.....:smallbiggrin:

Edit:
Not to mention we're going gestalt so I've got factotum on the other side, just haven't figured out what to use with factotum, but that's another post.

thedmring
2014-05-26, 03:36 AM

I usually ban that realm for this very reason: action economy abuse. Unless..... the players are willing to eat their own medicine.....

Agamemmnoth
2014-05-26, 04:09 AM
I usually ban that realm for this very reason: action economy abuse. Unless..... the players are willing to eat their own medicine.....

Meh... I like it and my dm allows it. So.. yeah...it's broken but.... that's what makes it fun....:smallbiggrin::smalltongue: