PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Psionics Questions

Chris Robin R2
2014-05-26, 05:34 AM
1: Energy Missile. My brain is broken, I don't understand the target line. "No two targets can be more than 15 ft. apart", I can't seem to parse this line. Could someone explain it in simple terms for me? And I suppose Enlarge Power doesn't modify that, right?

2: Energy Missile again. Since it's not an AoE, you roll damage for each target, right?

3: Concussion Blast, why am I taking this? Average damage of 3.5, right? Even in the worst case with Energy Missile versus, say, an incorporeal enemy that makes it save it does... 2.625 average? And 5.25 if they fail. (Assuming I did the math right, I might not have). I mean, maybe once you have Toppling Power... although I guess not everyone has access to EM and that just proves how good it is.

4: Energy Stun. Worth it? It has two saves, and only stuns for one round. On the other hand, stun. And does the +2 to DCs for Electricity apply to both saves?

5: Ectoplasmic Sheen, can you JUST augment the DCs? It says "in addition" after the 6pp augment that "every two additional" PP spent increases the DC. Do I have to use the 6pp augment, or can I just use 2?

6: It seems like I'm never going to have a decent AC. Is Inertial Armor worth it? I mean, right now most things still hit me with an AC of 14 instead of 10.

7: Id Insinuation seems fairly weak. You have to concentrate and it only has one target normally? Ego Whip looks pretty good, almost like a save or die... it shortcuts HP damage and always deal at least 1 ability damage. Looking for a second power to go with EM here.

8: The Endowed Mind feat, what does this even apply to? Except for maybe Ectoplasmic Sheen I can't think of any powers that have a save DC that don't have an augment that increases it, let alone not having any way to increase it.

Oops, ended up with way more questions than I intended. Still, any help is appreciated.

Tulya
2014-05-26, 09:58 AM
1.) Select your first target within the full range of the spell. Each subsequent target must be within 15' of all other targets. I believe it looks something like:
http://postimg.org/image/owlu7zrbt/full/

Where yellow are the remaining options for the next target.

And yes, Enlarge Power only extends the range, not the targeting restrictions.

Edit: Using a 10 ft. radius spread to determine targeting options is much quicker, but will omit a couple possible options. You can't overlay the example provided with a 10 ft. spread, but no targets are more than 15 ft. apart.