PDA

View Full Version : D&D references?

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-16, 11:28 PM
Ok, I just wanna know if there are any fairly obvious D&D references in the game. I was thinking about inviting my friends over to play it (once I get it in 5 business days or less :smalltongue: ) and have soda and have a good time. However, I have one friend who is the stereotypical conservative Christian. Nothing against them, except the whole "D&D is evil and whoever plays it goes to hell" thing. He probably won't have a problem unless something is pretty explicitly referenced from D&D. "Turn Undead" and such probably won't matter, just....I don't know.

P.S. I don't want to get into a big debate about politics and religion here, I just want to play a game with my friends, and I want to know if there are any references that he would notice.

donkyhotay
2007-02-17, 10:52 PM
Not really, remember that rich has to be careful of copyright restrictions (anyone remember the "illithoid"?) so it's somewhat generic. If your really curious read through the list of cards here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9654 which essentially tells you what the name of the cards are which is the closest DnD reference in the game. The comics simply have jokes on them (similar to OOTS comics). the OOTS comic has more DnD references then the game does so if your friend is fine with the comic they won't have any issues with the game.

Indurain
2007-02-18, 01:45 AM
There's nothing that says "THIS IS D&D." However, your friend may ask why certain things are funny and for quite a few cards (particularily loot) the joke is based in the D&D universe.

My suggestion should this arise: Say the game is mocking D&D.