PDA

View Full Version : Of Fighting Influence - Memories of a Hero (IC)

Chained Birds
2014-05-26, 12:39 PM
In a hazy world, a colosseum spreads out before you.

Seated close to the action, you are able to witness a massive event. Crowds of faceless, blurry individuals scream muffled sounds of cheer and revelry all around you. The only people who have more than just basic features are the three people seated next to you, who all equally seem in a confused state. Before you are able to focus on the ones next to you, the sound of a horse drawn chariot can be heard rustling close to your stand.
The driver wears a viking-style helmet, gauntlets, and a green bandana around his mouth. In one hand, a heavy Lance, in the other hand, the reigns that steer the mighty horse that draws his chariot.
At the opposite end of the circular arena, a giant in golden full-plate wields a Greatsword that seems to be almost as tall as his own massive body. It seems to ready itself as the chariot driver closes in on the giant.
In a very close evasive maneuver, the driver steers the horse in just such a way to avoid a heavy vertical strike from the giant, leaving a ditch-like hole behind. As the chariot wheel lifts off the ground during the evasion, the driver tries to hold on as his helmet falls to the ground.
After a few seconds, the chariot circles back to you, where it pauses. The driver turns his attention to you with a very familiar face.

"Oh, cool! I've been trying to contact you guys for weeks no-"

The man is cut off as the horse advances forward due to the fast approaching giant directly behind the chariot. The man is easily identified to you as Joah Clark.
As the pursuit goes on, Joah seems to get enough distance to pause again.

"Anyways, how have you guys been? Wait, I don't think I really have the time to ask such a questio-"

He rides off again. Some seconds pass and he arrives back in front of you, but at least Joah seemed to have gotten a decent blow on one of the giant's leg, hampering its pursuit.

"Okay, so I've got a few one sided things to say! For your information, I'm dead! Sucked, but it happens.
One sec."

He makes a u-turn as the giant gets closer. After a stare down, the two simultaneously advance on each other. As Joah gets closer, the Giant make one massive vertical swing with all its power, decimating the horse and most of the chariot, but in turn, launches Joah, with Lance at the ready into the air. In a brilliant scene, Joah plunges his Lance into the side of the giant's neck and falls with the giant to the ground bellow. A few seconds of silence pass as Joah rises up through a cloud of dust caused by the giants fall and fists the air in joy. The muffled crowd cheers even harder, but it is still quite awkward to really understand.
Joah saunters over to you with a big smirk across his face.

"Anyways, been a while I guess... Maybe like a two years or so... Never been good with time."

Leaning his body on wall in front of your seat.

"Pretty cool place right? Though I guess doing a lot of good in your life really does pay off down the line. Hehehe! But more importantly you guys must be confused. I've been sort of trying to get in contact with all the people I've met over the years as a way of saying thank you for making my life really fun and eventful, and to see if I made any impact on their lives in turn.
You guys made me what I am today, so I thank you all. I don't have many of these dream conversations left, as it is a pretty cool privilege that my guy Cayden Caileen had to go off and talk to some goddess of dreams to get for me. She did not seem to want to see Caileen after something he did a few centuries ago, but I guess we caught her in a good mood."

He kicks the dirt under him and sighs.

"Really sucks that I can not really hear you guys anymore after the first few dream stuff... Really sucks that I can only say exposition and monologue... But before you guys wake up, I have a really selfish request!"

Putting his hands together and bowing.

"Can you go to a small village in Castur named Plimoth Landing?! Pretty Please! I know this is so out of the blue that even the sky would think I'm crazy blue... Did that make sense? Oh whatever! I think I really screwed up! Like disaster levels of screwed things up!"

He lifts his head slightly.

"One of first people I visited, when I could actually have a conversation, was a village elder to that village named Isaic Grim. He said some weird things and I couldn't help feel like I di-"

His voice seems to grow silent.

"W.... Bu... Plea..........."

A moment later, you wake up. As you are about to shake off the dream as just some weird dream, you notice clenched in your hand a slightly warm green bandana with some writing stitched into it.

"Tresure iz really Kool!"

It is Joah's bandana alright.

ProudGrognard
2014-05-27, 12:55 AM
Crixus
P
Crixus wakes up with a start. He takes a minute to reorient himself and then stretched, making the overtaxed bed screech in protest. He harumphs and groans shaking his head at the silly dream. Joah! Haven't seen the old bastard in many years. Perhaps he drunk too much last night.

And then he notices the green bandana.

An unusually sober and troubled Crixus appears at the inn 's large hall for breakfast. He merely grunts as the innkeeper puts plates of cheese, bread and meat in front of him. He also says little as they are followed by honey, fruits and almonds, to be washed down by a small jug of applecinder ("It warms the blood").

Crixus does not really believe in gods. He knows they exist, yes, but he does not see why they should be worshiped. Mighty beings, doing what they like, competing. Sound like chieftains, to him. Much better to believe in tangible things, like the Bull of the River, Old Man Noose, the Night Crone. These are spirits of the Toplands you can see. Only once, usually.

But now, Crixus is thinking hard. Joah did this to him. Most people take Crixus for a simpleton, and Crixus does not disabuse them of the notion. It helps to be thought as slow and lumbering. But now Crixus' perceptive mind is working in circles.

What is there here for Crixus, in this large city? So far, small jobs, not really suited to his... talents. And noise, dirt and silly people. Perhaps there was something larger, yes? And Joah has never led him astray. In trouble, yes, many times. But astray, never.

Later that day, a fully packed Crixus is heading slowly towards Plimoth Landing, on top of a cart. He has paid the farmer a silver to let him ride. And there, he is to meet this man Isaic Grim.

It is good to be on the road again.

Mokou-tan
2014-05-27, 11:41 AM
Shura smiled softly as she woke up. She'd set up camp in the woods with her current companion, a skeleton of a warrior who'd fallen some time ago.

"Still having adventures, even in death, Joah? That sounds like you." Having felt something in her hand, she looked down to see a green bandana. "A green... No, it can't be..." The girl inspected it closely only to confirm her suspicions. "So, it really was communication. Alright, Joah, I'll do it for you." She carefully pins the bandana to the left shoulder of her black robes before stepping out of her tent.

"We're moving out, pack up camp while I prepare for the day." She sat on a rock and uncovered her right arm, revealing the symbols tattooed there as she prepared her spells. While she did this, the skeleton diligently packed up all the camping supplies and waited for her. Once Shura was done, they set off to Plimoth Landing.

ereinion
2014-05-27, 01:12 PM
"Why had Joah been in his dreams tonight? A goddess had helped him? It sounded insane. But even so..."

Cohel glanced down at the bandana he'd tucked into his belt. There had always been something peculiar about the old wanderer. Anyway, Cohel had felt for a while that there wasn't much more for him in his hometown. While his tricks certainly could help defend the small hunting community, and he had had some luck in assisting in the trading trips to nearby cities, he felt there was something more for him out there. His parents agreed, and it seemed Joah did as well. Even though he was dead... Or so the apparition in his dream had claimed, at least. There was no way to really know for sure.

At any rate it had made for a good opportunity for Cohel to finally set out on his own, the few people he'd talked to about the dream, had also agreed that he at least should investigate who this Isaic Grim was. After all, how often did it happen that you woke up with a remnant of your dream in your hand?

"I am lucky they didn't think me crazy," Cohel mused. "I am not sure that is not the case myself"

He patted the neck of the mule he'd brought with him. "At least you don't doubt me," he said, and immediately blushed. Maybe he was going a bit loopy.

"Oh, well, at least I'll soon know if you exist, Isaic Grim," he thought as Pasteur Town came into his field of vision.

Starbin
2014-05-28, 01:51 AM
Darsalla awoke shaking her head at the strange dream. Joah Clark ... damn, she hadn't seen him in at least three years. Left him in a bar, chatting up some bimbo with tales of his 'conquests.' Although Darsalla wasn't one, most folks assumed she had been. She didn't care, really. Why should she care what some ignoramus mouth-breather thought about her sexual activity? And she definitely wasn't jealous ... it was just that Joah's escapades had led to a number of inquiries that were not conducive to their actual activities. It was those same escapades that had them running from town in different directions from a group of holier-than-thou knights!

She would have thought little else of the dream, except for the green bandana in her hand. Sitting up straight, she stared at it for long moments. She had spent too much time around magic, and knew too much about conversations with the 'other side' to ignore the gravity of the situation. Of course, there were more things than lost souls and resting adventurers communing from beyond the veil ... things with a decidedly sinister attitude towards the juicy mortals living in this coil called life. She would not ignore Joah's plea; she owed him that much. But she also wasn't going to take it at face value.

She owed her own soul and sanity that much ...

Chained Birds
2014-05-28, 10:56 AM
Each person that witnessed Joah's dream embarked on a journey to meet the man known as Isaic Grim. Not really knowing why, other than that Joah seemed to be very concerned about something he did involving that man. This is something very strange for such a free spirit like Joah to do, as he had never asked anyone for help in such a serious matter.

Taking the various roads and paths to Pasteur Town is any easy task, as one of the major trade highways shoots right next to the place. Unfortunately, Plimoth Landing's location is not as easy to get to.

Just from the maps alone, Plimoth Landing is located deep within the forests near Pasteur Town, but even saying "near" is a bit of a stretch. With only a few dingy roads made towards that civilization, Pasteur Town is really the only way in.

-----

As each person arrives, it seems that they arrive from their various locations on the same day.

Crixus arrives in the morning do to lucking out with a merchant caravan heading down the highway. They offered him a ride in exchange for some protection from bandits if they ever happened to show up. No bandits showed, perhaps intimidated by the muscular Crixus, so the travel was pretty uneventful.
Upon arriving, he immediately thought out an inn or tavern to question about Isaic Clark. He soon found himself at the Golden Breeze questioning the one-eyed bartender, who responds:
"The name is familiar. I don't believe I've actually seen him with my own eye, but one of his daughters (I think) brings in an amazing amount of ore from Plimoth Landing. But I've never seen the Isaic person before..."
He seems to ponder about something.
"Oi! Are you planning on going to Plimoth? I'd suggest you not travel alone. I heard tale that the village was controlled by some rather ruthless bandits a few years back that some guy... What was his name? Toah? Noah? Ah whatever, just some nobody-"
The sound of a glass shatters somewhere in the bar.
"Oi! Don't be breaking my glasses you ingrates! Anyways, afterwards the place was doing pretty good business with our ore guys here and still does, but maybe those bandits came back or something as people going to Plimoth have not come back. Well, except for the people who already lived there."
He puts a mug if ale down infront of Crixus.
"How about you stay here for the night? I heard that there is a pretty bad storm coming in a few hours, which would really make your trek hard... And maybe I can convince you to *ahem* tell me later what the heck is going on in Plimoth when you return? People around these parts are itching to know, and I can make a pretty copper by telling them."

Darsalla is the next to arrive after hitching a ride with some priest on a pilgrimage. They worried for her and convinced her to go with them opposed to walking or taking a horse alone. They seemed like nice people, if not rather annoying to her due to their constant chanting every hour on the hour for the duration of the ride.
Once they reached Pasteur Town, Darsalla got off, but one of the priests followed with her. He was apparently going here to bless the town's local temple water due to some complications with the water because of a local storm that caused some damage temple.
The priest speaks to her as they walk into town together:
"You see my child, some lands are always in need of support from someone else. Whether it be a god or another person, people need the peace of mind in knowing that they are safe. Even if you were perfectly safe due to your own skills at a blade, you still need someone to count on. I hope you find that someone one day, or perhaps you have already found that someone."
He gives a small smile, before the two part ways.

Now Darsalla stands in the middle of town. She does notice a dark cloud off in the distance.

Shura and her undead cohort arrive a bit later, but are not in the best of shape. Heavy winds were really tough to deal with due to a fast encroaching storm. They made it to Pasteur Town at just the right time before the rains started to poor, due to the aid of a small couple's carriage riding back home.
The carriage was nice, and didn't really question the oddly skinny companion that Shura kept company with. The mother even gave Shura some homemade bread pastries in a small wrapped bundle.
"You need to eat more young lady or else you'll end up like skinny over there!"
She points towards the skeleton in the room.
"My word, a young girl out here of all places! Don't you know that bandits love hunting down pretty ones like you or I"
"Pretty? Maybe ten years ago-"
"Hun! You did not just say that to your gorgeous and majestic wife! I'll have you know, I've caught the Danner's boys giving me glances from time to time."
"Sure. Of course they are my love."
"Arg!"
She whispers into Shura's ear.
"If you ever find yourself in love with some guy, don't marry them. They turn into right ugly guys!"
"I heard that!"
"Stop eaves dropping and pay attention to the road."
This goes on for about an hour or two, until Shura jets out of the carriage with her companion as soon as the town is within her field of vision. The couple waves her good bye as they continue on their journey.

Shura now stands in the center of town with a bundle of bread foods [+1 1/day Trail Rations] with the sun starting to go down and the storm beginning to grow more intense.

Cohel arrives in town last due to the terrible weather. Finding it difficult to catch a ride with a pack animal in tow, he lucked out somewhat when a rather sketchy man sweatily gave him a horse he "found" for free and told Cohel it was a rather "hot" item that needed to "disappear" in the next few minutes. With so many questions unanswered, the man dashed away as soon as the muffled sounds of dogs could be heard in the distance. With a horse's reigns in hand, sphe had little choice other than riding off before someone noticed. The horse unfortunately didn't make the whole trip as is collapsed and died along the way, leaving Cohel and his mule to walk the last kilometer in some rather harsh winds and rain.
Arriving in town, with soggy hands he tied his mule to a post and walked into the Golden Breeze. With a tired voice, he finally could inquire about Isaic Grim.
"Oi, another one of you. I already told one guy about it already. Maybe you should ask him, as I don't like repeating myself."

ProudGrognard
2014-05-28, 01:16 PM
Crixus

"Harumphffff..."

Crixus makes a throaty sound as he goes out and checks the weather for himself. There was a storm coming. Plus going alone was a bad idea and he needed to think. The barkeep said some strange things about Joah.

"You ware right", Crixus says, with his Toplander accent. "Storm coming. So, I am gonna nead a room, yes. And a big lunch. Meat if you have it, bread, cheese, yes, fruits. And honey later. Yes?"

So, it is in front of a big pile of food, sprawled across two chairs, that those coming in the inn later will find him.

Mokou-tan
2014-05-28, 01:42 PM
Shura smiles and puts the food she'd been given in her companion's backpack. Thinking it might be bad if someone more attentive notices her skeletal friend's true nature, she goes on a quick shopping trip and buys a mask to cover its 'face', or lack thereof and an umbrella for herself.

"This should do for now, it's a good thing there are people in this world who can't speak." She walks into the Inn and walks straight to the innkeep after double-checking that no bone showed. It was probably a futile effort, but she had to try at least.

"I'd like a room for the night and a meal if it isn't too much trouble." Knowing it would be strange that she was only ordering one meal, she used her normal excuse. "Don't worry about my guardian there, he isn't hungry. I'll be leaving for Plimoth Landing in the morning."

ereinion
2014-05-28, 03:05 PM
Cohel, trying to ignore the rudeness of the answer, glances over at the table indicated, not recognizing the huge man sitting there - not that he really had expected to. Judging from the response at the bar so far, he decides that almost any other approach than asking the barkeep again should have a higher chance of giving him some useful information. Thus, he orders two tankards of ale which he brings over to the table with the tall muscled stranger.

"Ho there, friend. I am told that you too are asking about Isaic Grim. I, myself, am headed to Plimoth Landing to look for him, but our rude friend over there," Cohel nods towards the bar, "refused to tell me anything, saying it would be better if I bothered his patrons over it. So here I am, I hope you don't mind me interrupting your meal too much. Do you mind if I sit down?" he asks, offering one of the tankards to the stranger as a small offering for the information.

Starbin
2014-05-28, 05:34 PM
Darsalla stood in the middle of town, happy to have lost the traveling priests. While she normally would appreciate an offer of a free ride, had she known the price would be their incessant chanting, she would have declined. Boisterously. As it was, she had been stuck listening to littanies of faith repeated over and over again, sometimes in common, sometimes in celestial, sometimes in tongues even she didn't recognize. More frustrating was the fact that each language seemed to subtlely change the context, just enough to draw attention to the differences and annoy the crap out of her.

Once off the wagon, she had stretched, ready to search the town for some clues, when one of the priests joined her. He apparently had to go fix the water ... maybe one of the locals had pissed in the town well. As all priests are wont to do, he began to lecture her, telling her that if she could just rely on others, she would grow and learn. Snorting, she held up a hand, dismissing his efforts. "Thanks for the pep talk, padre, but I'm good. I'm sure my soul would be much safer, sitting at home knitting a sweater, all my hopes and dreams pinned on to Biff, the Super Farmer. But being on my own has worked out pretty good so far, so pardon me if I pass on that golden opportunity.

I'd give you a gold piece for a hooker, but I barely got to cheeks to rub together for warmth. So, I'll just say, good bye and good luck finding someone to listen to you pitch." Once she was alone agin, she looked around, getting her bearings. After a few moments, her eyes kept coming back to the large dark cloud approaching. She was no witch or oracle, but any dumb arse could see that there was a storm coming. With a resigned sigh, she looked around for an inn or tavern, intent on finding a spot to wait out the storm ... and maybe ask some questions.

How many Isaic Grim's could there be?

Chained Birds
2014-05-28, 10:50 PM
By 6:30 PM everyone had entered the tavern and found room for the night ahead.

Do to the quantity of food Crixus ordered, several people come in to enjoy it with him. Telling local tales in exchange for some pieces here and there, and voicing their woes about the weather. [+2 Insight Bonus on Knowledge (Local) Checks about Pasteur Town]

Though three figures catch his eye over the course of the day. Two were women.

One wore a familiar green bandana pinned to her shoulder and was accompanied by a rather skinny person who hid his face. She sat enjoying her own personal meal and didn't really say much. Apparently the tavern owner was cleaning out a room for her that would facilitate her skinny guest as well, which was taking quite some time to finish up for some reason.

The other was a fairly menacing woman who came in questioning about Isaic Grim, which the bar keeper nervously pointing to Crixus's table in response. The bartender only really said:
"I don't like to say the same stuff more than once per day okay! So take a seat over there!"

After some time, as everyone just sat there eating their respective meals in silence, a final person of interest entered the tavern, almost completely soaked by the rain. With a similar green bandana tucked into his belt, the others watch him go up to the bartender, and then get immediately directed to Crixus like Darsalla was before.

Now, with all four people gathered, does everyone begin to feel like this isn't their first time meeting together.

ProudGrognard
2014-05-29, 12:07 AM
Crixus

Crixus was devouring his food -which, for some reason, made people think it is communal- and thought hard on what to do. Nevertheless, he never declined to share food. That is a mortal insult for a Toplander to make. Thus, when a man came with a tankard and offered to sit, Crixus made way and pushed a platter in front of him.

He also wanted to go for Isaic Grim. Not bad.The Blind Crow Luck crows to the prepared, they said in the mountains. Two would be better than one. Crixus shared what the bartender told him, between eating, drinking and harumping.

But then more people came. And one of them had a green bandana. Crixus asked for more food and watched. There was something nagging him, as they all sat down. He suddenly puts his jug down.

"You! And you! Hrughhhhhh. You were in the arena. You sat just like now. We saw together Joah fight the giant. So. Now we all want to go to find Isaic, yes? Then we must prepare. Make plans. Know what we each can do. yes?"

Mokou-tan
2014-05-29, 01:06 AM
Shura hears the Toplander and moves her meal a bit closer to him. "Well I can do this..." Her voice was a bit quiet, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself. She grabs some dirt off the floor to contaminate a pint of water she'd been drinking and uncovers her right arm. With a soft chant and a black flash, the water became mead. She pulls her sleeve back down, takes a sip and passes it to him to try.

"Contaminated water turns to better drink. To see what else I can do, I'll need your word you won't cause a commotion." The second sentence was spoken in a very serious tone to ensure that he understood how important it was that he did as she asked.

ereinion
2014-05-29, 11:48 AM
"Ah, now I remember too! You were sitting next to me in the arena! And you," he says, turning to the newly arrived woman, "You were there too! I can't seem to remember your companion though," he continues, squinting at the man who entered alongside the woman. "Ah, well, I guess it doesn't matter. What is a relief is to discover that I'm not the only one who had the dream. For a while, I've been fearing that I was going mad."

Turning back to Crixus he lowers his voice again before continuing. "If we are to travel together, it is only fair that we know each other's abilities. So, let me introduce myself. My name is Cohel, Cohel Sverdofski, and I come from a hunter community a couple of days travel away. I can handle myself in a fight, he pats the rapier at his hip, "and have got a keen eye for spotting potential obstacles in my path. If those obstacles should happen to be of the trap-like variety, I am also rather good at removing them, if I may say so myself."

Listening intently as the lady introduces her abilities, and watching even more intently as the water turns to mead, he ponders for a while. Hmm, I am not sure I liked that flash of black. Isn't such displays often associated with evil magics? Even so I feel like I should trust her, though I can't really tell why.

Trying not to let his unease be known to the rest of the table, he addresses her "That is certainly a neat trick you've got there, lady. Being able to produce mead at will is sure to bring you a steady income! But I'd try not to let the bartender notice," Cohel finishes with a wink.

ProudGrognard
2014-05-29, 12:27 PM
Crixus

"Good, good. A fast and agile man, yes. Good to have in dark places. And a lady with magic. Hrumphfffff. I do not like magic. But it is useful, yes.

I am Crixus of the Mountains. I am good with a spear and good with a sword. I am good at being silent and good at moving in what soft Lowlanders call the wilds.

And you? You are the only one who has not spoken. Do you want to eat? Yes?"

Starbin
2014-05-29, 04:09 PM
Walking into the tavern, Darsalla kept her hood up and her tail coiled underneath. Luckily enough, the priests hadn't noticed her 'differences' ... Abyss knows what kind of lectures she would have gotten then. Probably an exorcism or a binding circle. Here, with a lot more people, she decided to keep to herself if possible, asking the barkeep surreptiously for Isaic Grim. He practically shouted back an answer, waving one of his ham-hands at a group of folks gathered around a table covered in food. Sighing, she slowly walked over, shaking her head as many of them turn ed to stare at her approach. She tried to be circumspect, but then three of the folks started exclaiming they knew each other, from the dream with Joah.

With a start, Darsalla realized she, too, recognized some of them now. Truly, the situation was getting stranger and stranger, but at least it indicated she was on the right path. As he pondered her next move, the big one asked a question - "Good, good. A fast and agile man, yes. Good to have in dark places. And a lady with magic. Hrumphfffff. I do not like magic. But it is useful, yes.

I am Crixus of the Mountains. I am good with a spear and good with a sword. I am good at being silent and good at moving in what soft Lowlanders call the wilds.

And you? You are the only one who has not spoken. Do you want to eat? Yes?"

Blinking, Darsalla shook her head. "No, I'm not hungry. I dont' know why we're all here, but I suppose for the moment, we should cooperate ... unless this is all another one of Clark's jokes. I guess I'm not convinced that we're going to be steadfast friends, but I do agree understanding what each one of us brings to the party is practical. I know a few magic tricks and I'm not bad with a blade. Other than that, what you see is what you get ... or rather what you don't see.

You can call me Darsalla."

Although cloaked and hooded, the others could she had fair skin, green eyes and red hair. She wore tight fitting leather clothes, which showed off enough of her form to let the others know she was a woman, but not enough to see her fully. At her belt, anyone looking closely could see two blades; one long and curved, the other short and straight. She was also carrying a small pack, with a light crossbow tied to it.

ProudGrognard
2014-05-30, 12:33 AM
Crixus

"Friends? Friends, nope. But we are gonna travel together and maybe fight together. That is different, yes?

So, I say we meet again tomorrow morning here. The storm should have calmed by then. Yes?"

ereinion
2014-05-30, 05:20 AM
That sounds good to me. Judging from what the bartender told you, noone in this town knows much about what's going on in Plimoth Landing anyway. And even less about Joah.

Still, I guess it won't hurt getting to know each other a bit better, before we set out. After all, if we do end up having to defend ourself I would feel better if I had at least spent a night socializing with my allies.

How about I buy you all a drink, and then we can decide on what we want to do tomorrow, while having as good a time as this tavern will allow?

ProudGrognard
2014-05-30, 05:46 AM
Crixus

"Yes, that is a goed idea, yes. I say tomorrow we set out, our eyes and weapons sharp. I can go ahead and scout, nod if there is trouble, yes. when we arrive, we scout the town first and then decide, yes. If everything is normal- by the Crow, I do not think this is what we 'll see- we go and ask for Iseik. If not, we plan. Yes?"

ereinion
2014-05-30, 05:56 AM
Your plan is a sound one. I guess there isn't too much we can plan without more information than what we've got. I guess that the idea that something's made Joah uneasy, even after death, makes me worry.

Oh, and if you will allow me to assist you in your scouting efforts, I will accompany you. I am quite good at staying hidden when I want to, and if we by some chance are ambushed, two will be better at fending for themselves than one will be. Not to mention that two pairs of eyes will cover more ground than one.

Chained Birds
2014-05-30, 07:16 AM
As the group converses about tomorrow, the inn keeper comes over to Shura to tell her her room is finally cleaned up. The inn keeper also addresses everyone else while he is there:

"Ai! Storm is getting stronger so best try to sleep this one off. I made sure your beds are all comfy enough to sleep through even the end of days. It is the least I can do for you sorry lot."

The bartender walks up too.

"Oi, bro! You're really going all out today. What's the deal?"

The inn keeper scratches his temple.

"I overheard these guys are acquaintances of that Clark person. When that man came by and taught those forest bandits a lesson... Ai, he did help me. Would have had to close up shop due to the lack of visitors. Too scared of that ruthless group..."

"Oi! Should I give them free drinks or something too?"

The inn keeper slaps his apparent brother, the bar keeper, across the back of his head.

"What?! You crazy?! We're running a business here! You have their tabs?"

The bartender fishes around his pockets with one hand while rubbing his head with the other. He then produces some sheets of paper that have payments listed for each person.
- Darsalla: 2 sp
- Crixus: 1 gp + 1 sp
- Shura: 7 sp
- Cohel: 2 sp

ProudGrognard
2014-05-30, 07:37 AM
Crixus

"Yes, we will scout together. I will put on my heavy armor tomorrow, so you will be better for stealth. When we approach the village, I will change. Perhaps we should rent or buy a mule, to help us carry our things, no?"

When the tab arrives, Crixus makes a throaty noise and pays 2 gp.

"The extra is for tomorrow. I want a big breakfast ready, and some food for the road. How far is the Landing?"

Chained Birds
2014-05-30, 07:50 AM
Taking the gold and flipping one of them to the bartender, who catches it and swiftly stows it in his back pocket.

"Ai, it will be a three day trek by foot. I might be able to convince my buddy at the stable to lend ya some horses, but he's been a bit spoked about letting his precious horses out of his sight for longer than a day. Been a lot of people going to Plimoth and never coming back, and that man doesn't want his horses pulling the same disappearance."

ereinion
2014-05-30, 09:24 AM
I already own a mule, so unless you three are bringing a lot of baggage, I think we should be fine. As to horses I must admit that I am not much of a rider, so I'd prefer to travel on foot. If the three of you prefer to ride I will of course make an attempt at it too, but I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be very stealthy on horseback.
Cohel smiles wryly as he explains his lack of skill, then looks up from the table as the innkeeper and his brother approaches, and addresses the innkeeper.
I could use a room as well, I trust you still have some left? Oh, and I have a mule tied up outside - do you have somewhere it can spend the night, and maybe some fodder for it?
He then pays the innkeeper what he wants for lodgings and beer, before returning his attention to the table.

ProudGrognard
2014-05-30, 10:28 AM
Crixus

Crixus adds some more silver.

"Three days of food then. Bread, ham, cheese and honey, yes."

He then turns to his new found comrades.

"Good thinking, the mule. Walking is just fine by me. I will pay you for letting me use your mule. Yes?

So, we start tomorrow morning, if the storm has passed?"

Starbin
2014-05-30, 12:40 PM
Darsalla pulled out two silver pieces and dropped them in the bartender's hand, making sure to get some food for herself ... since she was apparently paying for something. She also asked for a room, just to make sure she had some place to stay for the night. Once done, she sat down and listened to the others talk. She was no stranger to walking, but riding would be quicker. However, if the others were not inclinded to ride, she wasn't going to ask for a horse just for her.

Instead, she eyed her new-found companions, wondering how they would acquit themselves once the road got tough ... and which ones warranted a close eye.

Chained Birds
2014-05-30, 04:59 PM
"I'll get one of my guys to make sure your mule is kept safe and fed. Any friends of Clark are fine in my book."

"Oi! How much are you going to charge th-"

The Innkeeper cups a hand across the bartender's mouth.

"Shhh, don't bring up business at this time..."

The two brothers go away into a back room. The innkeeper takes a step outside for a moment just to toss 4 keys, in a pretty accurate display, towards the 4 members. the keys land on their sections of the table directly in front of them.

"Rooms are upstairs. Just don't mind room 204. That place is reserved for Mavis Grim. She sometimes makes a bit of noise, but I will ask you lot to respect her privacy ya hear?!"

He then walks back into the room with his brother and closes the door behind him.

ereinion
2014-05-30, 05:57 PM
Oh, there's no need to pay me anything to use the mule, Crixus, I am just glad I can be of help to a travel companion. Besides, I am sure you will prove your worth in other ways. And yeah, we start tomorrow, I see no reason to delay our departure any more than necessary. Unless any of you others have some business you want to take care of in this town first?

Unless something particularly interesting happens, Cohel will spend the rest of the evening smalltalking with what is to be the party. He'll also try to pay attention to if anyone else in the inn mentions Joah or Plimoth Landing, but he's not really expecting much.

ProudGrognard
2014-05-30, 11:55 PM
Crixus

Crixus acknowledges the favor with a grumphh and a nod and shoves another plate towards Cohel. When everyone is done, he also nods and goes to his room. If nothing happens during the night, he will be up next dawn, ready and packed, looking that the mule is well packed and checking the weather.

Chained Birds
2014-06-02, 12:37 PM
Everyone proceeds to enter their respective rooms.

The storm rages outside, which makes sleep fairly difficult but nothing the group can't handle. At one point, the noises from the outside quiet down significantly, but only to be replaced by some new noises coming from inside the building.

Two female voices can be heard discussing something climbing up the stairs and stopping near door 204. While it is difficult to understand what is being said, certain choice sentences spring out.

"I hate killing this stuff without the possibility of eating it."

"Don't knock it until you try it. Our scientific friend could make something interesting out of it."

"Eww, you've actually ate it before?!"

"Only in certain social gatherings. I don't get what's so taboo about it when it actually tastes quite foul? Must be like beer!"

The two laugh. In addition to the conversation, the sound of something heavy is heard being dragged up the stairs and to the door. Sounds like a heavy sack full of something, as it thuds up the stairs with each step.
The sound of a key opening the 204 door can be heard as the conversation continues inside. Once the door closes, the sounds are too muffled to really make out anymore.

If nothing else is done tonight, morning comes around with the storm from last night almost completely gone, except for a few dark clouds drifting away in the distance.

ProudGrognard
2014-06-02, 02:01 PM
Crixus

Crixus fall asleep with the sound of the sky fury around him. It is like being back in the mountains, but there the sky is closer. Crixus smiles as he falls asleep. He is up the next morning, checking the weather and seeing it will be good for travel. He picks up his travel rations and packs, waiting for the others.

Crixus was going to take 10 in the Perc check but that is not enough. So he probably did not hear what the noise was.

Starbin
2014-06-02, 02:09 PM
Darsalla slept soundly, rising early to practice her yoga before breakfast. Once completed, she headed downstairs with all of her gear ready to go. Upon seeing the others, she joined them, ready to get on the road. The storm was passed and time was ticking ...

Mokou-tan
2014-06-02, 03:12 PM
Shura sleeps through the night comfortably, her guardian watching the door for her as it lacks a need to sleep. She meditates for an hour before breakfast to gain her spells, her tattoos glowing faintly as she does so. She comes down from her room and meets with the others, yawning softly. It was obvious she wasn't normally an early riser, but she was doing her best.

Orisons: Create Water, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Purify Food and Drink
1st: Murderous Command, Entropic Shield, Burning Disarm, Bless, Cause Fear (Domain)
2nd: Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon, Lesser Animate Dead, Ghoul Touch (Domain)

ereinion
2014-06-02, 03:37 PM
Cohel sleeps comfortably through the night, used to unpleasant sleeping conditions from many days on the road. At daybreak he wakes up, packs his belongings, and goes downstairs to have breakfast and meet up with the others, ready to leave whenever they are.

Chained Birds
2014-06-02, 10:24 PM
The inn keeper thanks each of you for not bothering the person(s) in room 204.

"Ai, been getting a bunch of nosy types around here. Good to know there are still some people who respect other's privacy. So, Seeing as you folk aren't from around here, I'll have my brother draw a map for you leading to Plimoth Landing.
The forest can be a tricky mistress at times, so I wouldn't want you lot getting lost and dieing before you'd had a chance to sleep here again."

He chuckles halfheartedly, as he yells towards the room behind the bar. A groggy bartender comes out and is yelled at by the innkeeper to make a map.

After a few minutes, the barkeeper produces some pretty good looking maps.

"My little brother used to by a scribe some time ago, but after the accident... Well, he can still make some pretty good stuff."

As the innkeeper hands each map to the group members, he says one last thing:

"Ai, and my name is Brandy Johns. And that there is my little brother Aurthor Johns. I wish you all a safe travel."

-----

Once everyone regroups, they find that the map starts the group off on a narrow forest path that seems to branch in many directions afterwards. Most paths seem to lead to Plimoth Landing, but others lead to places with bizarre symbols representing something. The symbols are: A single bird, a few spirals at the end of paths leading to the north and south (away from the direct roots leading to Plimoth), some faces around the outskirts close to the village, and a beaker right in the center of the map. There are some other minor symbols, but they seem more like reminders of stuff rather than anything significant.
Regardless of what the group can interpret from the symbols, it does seem like a pretty long and winding series of paths are to be crossed.

Any more preparations you'd like to do before you head down the road?

ProudGrognard
2014-06-03, 01:57 AM
Crixus

Crixus accepts the map and gives it to someone that could make use of it. He could, of course, but he never liked these things.

"Brandy and Aurthor, yes. This has been a good inn. Thank you for the map. I will be staying here when I come back, yes."

When everyone has gathered, Crixus checks again that the mule is well and he says

"We should go. I say that Cohel and me go ahead to scout. In this armor, I will make noise but Cohel can do the silent part. I will also check for trails and tracks. Yes?"

ereinion
2014-06-03, 03:28 AM
Yeah, I think that is a good idea. I should probably stay a little ahead of you on account of me making less noise, but no further than that I have the opportunity to call for you in an emergency. And then you a little ahead of the other members of our party again. If they'd be willing to take care of the mule while we're on the road too, that'd be great.

One thing before we leave though, Brandy - can you tell us what these symbols on the map means. I can interpret most of the trails and the landscape well enough, but I am curious what these birds, faces, spirals and beakers signify.

Chained Birds
2014-06-03, 08:11 AM
Brandy turns to Aurthor, and Author just shrugs.

"I don't really know. This is really just a copy from the latest map of the area. I get a new one each month from some ground guy in exchange for some ale. I will say, that the bird symbol seems to move around all over the place each month, but everything else hasn't changed much.
Oi while I once was a scribe, I pretty much just copied stuff over and over again."

ereinion
2014-06-03, 08:16 AM
"Fair enough, thanks for what information you could give," Cohel returns and continues with the preparations to leave.

Starbin
2014-06-03, 10:25 AM
After breakfast, but before they left, Darsalla asked the brothers about the weather. "Aside from sudden rain storms, what kind of weather should we expect? Will we need any special equipment or clothes as we get closer? I'd hate to need a pair of snow-shoes or climbing equipment once it was too late to buy any ..."

Barring any strange equipment needs, Darsalla is ready to go.

Chained Birds
2014-06-03, 02:05 PM
"Nah. Weather is pretty good through most of the year, although you can never predict when a storm like yesterday's would rear its ugly head."

The Johns brothers chuckle.

Chained Birds
2014-06-04, 04:25 PM
7:23 AM

The group progresses forward.

With enough trail rations for the three day trip and then some, they need not worry about hunting or foraging for food supplies along the way. Unless, of course, they want to engage in such activities for the purposes of entertainment and amusement.

The trail is fairly worn and dusty. There appears to have been no attempt at upkeep after the road's initial creation, with craters and large rocks and other fallen debris sprinkled everywhere. They even come across a fresh fallen tree that still smells of burnt wood. The culprit was probably a random lightning bolt if the verticle split in the tree was any evidence.
Small animals can be heard chirping and rustling in the bushes past the ditches on either side of the road. Some rabbits and squirrels can be seen partaking of some rain water trickling down the ditches, but they stop and scurry away upon almost getting to about 5ft from Cohel.
Being in the lead, Cohel is almost able to reach out and touch the many animals that come by to take a sip from the ditches on either side of him. His natural stealth is pretty apparent even in the open sunlight, as the less timid animals hardly even acknowledge his existence until he gets within spitting distance from them; or until the rest of the team starts to catch up.

8:03 AM

After about 40 minutes of walking, the team finds themselves at the first split.

According to the map, there are two paths. One leads to a Black Dot and the other leads to the large Bird symbol at which point, both paths split into two more paths.

If by appearance alone, the Bird path seems to be the shortest path, although it is all relative as both paths eventually would lead to the same location (Plimoth Landing).

In addition to the split, there is an old log that appears as though people would use as a rest stop. You can only presume because there is currently a young woman sitting on it with a small hand axe laying beside her.

She appears to be in her teens, with freckles and short red hair. Wearing a solid blue dress, if not for her brown belt splitting the top from the skirt portion. She is currently kicking her feet as though she is waiting for someone, and only really acknowledges Cohel when the others arrive. At which point she says:

"Oh hi! Hey! Do you know who Joah Clark is?!"

She has a very peppy voice, although her gaze seems a bit tired.

Mokou-tan
2014-06-04, 11:38 PM
Shura is surprised by the girl and her sudden mention of Joah. "Why? Are you looking for him?" Shura didn't exactly trust this person. The three with her were at least there in the dream, meaning this was a request for them as well as her. This girl, on the other hand, was someone she had never seen before and wasn't mentioned by Joah.

ProudGrognard
2014-06-05, 12:35 AM
Crixus

Crixus was walking behind Cohel, some 30 or 40 ft behind. The man was good, as good as Crixus would have been without his breastplate and then some. This was good to know.

With his spear in his hand, Crixus was alert, scanning the forest for signs of trouble. However, he also took the time to talk then and there with his companions, showing them a rare bird or picking up trail paths, for later hunting. When they get to the old log, Crixus frowns. He looks at the teenage girl and then around for signs of trouble.

After that, he watches the girl carefully. He was not good at talking.

"Yes. You are away from home, little girl".

Perception [roll0]
Sense Motive [roll1]
Survival [roll2] for tracks

Chained Birds
2014-06-05, 08:53 AM
The girl gives a heavy sign of relief.

"Oh, then you do know him. That is good. That is good."

She starts fidgeting with her belt.

"Joah did many great things in his life, so he should be remembered... But he was just a minor hero to the world... So not everyone knows him...
Which is sad."

Her tired gaze shifts to the ground. Before she stares back at the group with a low chuckle.

"Did you know that Plimoth Landing used to be tormented by bandits? They were around for like 2 years, and no one bothered to help due to our land being so far away from anything... We were doomed...
But then Joah showed! He got rid of them!
But people like mom and little brother didn't make it..."

Her eyes begin to water, but she quickly wipes her eyes with her sleeve.

"So, our leader Grim has made it a mission for my home to spread the name of Joah Clark to everyone in a way so that no one will forget it! Don't you think that is a wonderful thing?!"

Starbin
2014-06-05, 10:19 AM
Darsalla did not spend a lot of time chit-chatting with the others. Anything she said probably was blunt, or perhaps even came across as snarky. She didn't try to be intentionally mean ... she just didn't filter much. However, as they approached the girl sitting there, her eyes narrowed. One hand on her scimitar, she looked around for a moment, then back to the girl. When the lass began gushing over Clark, Darsalla rolled her eyes, wondering how many more Joah disciples were out and about.

[roll0] ... and I guess [roll1]

ereinion
2014-06-05, 10:27 AM
"Ah, so you are aware that he is dead then. At any rate, it seems that he got noticed by one goddess at least, so I don't know how minor a hero he really was. But that's more of a philosophical question I guess, and not one I am eager to stand around in the middle of the forest pondering over."

"But since you are from Plimoth Landing, maybe you could give us some help. We were given this map, which I'm told tells us the way there, but whoever crafted said way seems to have been a bit overeager and crafted a multitude of paths. Maybe you would be so kind as to show us which is the preferrable route?" finishes, and presents the map to the girl with a flourish.

He thinks for a bit before continuing.

"I must admit that my friend Crixus' question makes me curious too, what is a young girl like you doing so far from home? Even with the bandits gone I would guess there are other dangers in the forest"

Cohel will also attempt to figure out if the girl has any underlying motifs, or if she is lying:
Perception: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]

Chained Birds
2014-06-05, 12:17 PM
"Oh... So I guess you guys are going to Plimoth... I guess a new example has to be made."

She rummages through one of her robe sleeves and produces a green bandana. She stares at it.

"It is really sad when think about it. How many Hero's there are out there in the world who are only going to be remembered by a choice few people, before disappearing forever..."

She begins to tie the bandana around her neck. It is at this point the group does notice that one of her hands is pretty bandaged up, and looks like she is missing a finger.

"But do you know what is remembered forever?"

The girl stands up, drawing the hand axe in the process.

"The villain... This world will remember that Joah would have stopped me from killing you all!"

Is a quick motion, she lunges at Cohel.

- Attack: [roll0]
- Damage: [roll1]
- Crit Confirm (20): [roll2]
- Crit Damage (x3): [roll3]

If the Attack hits: Fort Save (Poison) DC 11
- Failure: [roll4] Con Damage. Then roll again next round.
- Success: Nothing else happens.

All of those perception and sense motive checks were just... Just awful... So RNG is telling me you deserve a surprise round.

Afterwards, if you roll higher than a 14, you'll get to react before her in the upcoming combat round.

ereinion
2014-06-05, 03:49 PM
Seemingly unconcerned with the girls sudden attack, Cohel sways back just enough to let the axe miss his torso by an inch.
"If you want to kill us you really have to do better than that, he quips, before he with blinding speed moves past the girl, appearing on the other side of her, rapier and dagger in hand.
"I also have to say that your actions seems a bit misguided, noone remembers anyone for what they didn't do."

"But as I said, this really isn't an ideal spot to wane philosophically, let's see if you are good enough to even stay alive!"
His rapier thrusts forward, aiming for the girls heart.

Initiative: [roll0]

If Cohel can get into a flanking position with a 5-foot step he'll do so, otherwise he'll attempt an acrobatics move around her (not through her square) without provoking an attack of opportunity. He'll draw his rapier and dagger while moving. He'll then make an attack with his rapier, he'll get sneak attack damage if he's flanking her and she doesn't have Improved Uncanny Dodge.

Acrobatics check vs. her CMD: [roll1]

Attack: [roll2], Damage: [roll3], Sneak attack: [roll4]
Crit confirm (18-20/x2): [roll5], Damage: [roll6]

All of those perception and sense motive checks were just... Just awful... So RNG is telling me you deserve a surprise round.A surprise round is not a full round, i.e. unless she has quick draw she can't both draw a weapon and attack. And I don't think she can attack my flat-footed AC unless she has some way to circumvent Uncanny Dodge. Not that any of those really matter, after seeing the results of her rolls.

ProudGrognard
2014-06-06, 12:40 AM
Crixus
HP40 AC 18

Crixus is caught by surprise when a teenage girls just lunges at a large well armed party. His greatsword is out in a moment and he attacks with the flat of the blade.

"Don't kill her! We must question, her! Yes!"

The greatsword descents at the girl 's head.

Initiative [roll0] due to being at Favorite Terrain. All allies take the same!
Atk PA nonlethal [roll1] dmg [roll2]

Mokou-tan
2014-06-06, 01:27 AM
Shura sighs and steps next to the girl, opposite to one of her compatriots. "You're lucky I get one of these every day, otherwise I'd just have to kill her." She reaches out with her uncovered right arm and tries to touch the girl, her entire hand wreathed in a black aura.

Moving into flanking position, Casting Ghoul Touch.
Touch Attack:
Causes Paralysis, Fort DC: 16
If she fails, all living things within 10 feet aside from Shura must make a DC 16 fort save or be sickened.
Edit: Duration [roll]1d6+2 rounds
Edit Edit: Forgot that I can't throw a new roll in there, must be tired. Rolling it in OOC.

Chained Birds
2014-06-06, 08:56 AM
The woman drops the axe and falls over unconscious and paralyzed. The last words she says before passing out are:

"N-not... Again..."

Starbin
2014-06-07, 10:39 PM
Darsalla never even drew her sword, watching the girl act like a complete idiot in the face of overwhelming numbers. When she fell, the tiefling walked over and flipped her over with one boot, leaning down to tie her up and remove any items the woman might have had. Glancing back at the others, she shook her head at Cohel, a smirk on her face. "Glad someone had some sense ... no need to kill this moron ... better to get some information from her. Of course, if she had attacked me, she'd already be dead."

Once the girl was stripped of anything useful and tied up, Darsalla stood back, cleaning her nails with her dagger. "So who wants to interrogate her?"

Mokou-tan
2014-06-07, 11:21 PM
Shura sighs and takes her scythe off her back, using it to prop herself up. "I suppose I'll do it. I can do some pretty frightening things to a person to make them talk. Just don't freak out, alright?" Shura rolled up her right sleeve so she wouldn't have to pull it up to use her magic. Interrogation should be simple for her, this girl likely didn't have the nerves to avoid giving in to what Shura had in mind.

ProudGrognard
2014-06-07, 11:44 PM
Crixus

Crixus sheathes his sword as the girl slumps down.

"Stupid that was, yes. Do not kill her or maim her. Just scare her. Yes? I will be here listening. I am good at reading people. Yes?"

Crixus remains nearby, a bit unsettled about how casually magic was being used. In the Toplands, it was rare.

Sense motive [roll0]

Chained Birds
2014-06-08, 06:15 AM
After a brief search of what she has on her, the group finds:
- 1 Hand Axe
- 2 Vials of Black Adder Venom
- 1 Potion (Cure Light Wounds)
- 1 Whistle

After about an hour (or less if positive energy is applied to wake her sooner), the woman begins to gain consciousness. Looking at everyone, she starts to cry.

"No! Not more people trying to replace him!... "

She is really not the most stable person. But she is in an interrogation position.

The flapping of large wings can be heard off in the distance.

Mokou-tan
2014-06-08, 06:46 AM
Shura smiles to her, opting to try the nice approach first. "I have a few questions for you. First off, would you care to explain why you attacked us?" Her right hand twitched a bit as she spoke, holding back the urge to do something quite rude.

Chained Birds
2014-06-08, 10:32 AM
"Because you all looked like a bunch of weaklings even I could kill. Bunch of useless people."

ereinion
2014-06-08, 02:29 PM
"Glad someone had some sense ... no need to kill this moron ... better to get some information from her. Of course, if she had attacked me, she'd already be dead."
"Well that's rich, coming from someone whose only action since we met them has been fondling her sword, and then when it comes time to use it she does nothing but staring vacantly into the air. Well, you did loot her for her belongings afterwards, that was real helpful. Anyway, it seems like you had little reason to worry about us killing this girl, as she seems immune to rapier punctures, greatswords and magic. It's a lucky thing she suddenly collapsed all by herself."

As for what we do with her I guess we'll either have to take her back to whatever law there is in Pasteur Town or we kill her here. We can't let her stay here to ambush more travellers."

He glances over at Crixus.

"Are you confident enough in your ability to read her that she won't just trick us into entering the lair of some feral beast, to then claim our deaths as our own? I see little point in interrogating someone who made an attempt at our lives, unless we can make reasonably sure what she's feeding us isn't just lies."

Mokou-tan
2014-06-08, 04:59 PM
Shura sighs and motions for her guardian to come near. She orders him to take off his mask off in Necril and grabs the girl by the hair close to the scalp. By the time her guardian has his mask off, Shura has the girl's face right up next to his skeletal visage. "This is what I do to people. I'm going to give you two choices here, cooperate or die and cooperate. I don't really mind which you pick."

Chained Birds
2014-06-08, 08:47 PM
The woman screams and crumbles to the ground.

"M-maybe you are not... H-Heros after... All..."

She clutches her head and shakes it from side to side.

"No! This is even worse! If more evil shows then... Er... I wish he would hurry!"

She seems pretty broken at this point.

"W-what do you want? W-why are you even here?..."

Flapping intensifies! Something making wing flapping sounds is fast approaching from somewhere up ahead.

ereinion
2014-06-08, 09:48 PM
"I-is that a skeleton you have got travelling with you..." Cohel is visibly paling at the sight of Shura's travelling companion. "I knew trusting a spellcaster was a bad idea..."

Before he can finish his sentence, he suddenly ***** his head concentrating. Collecting himself a little bit, he looks skyward.

"Well, I have to admit that you haven't caused any problems for me so far, and considering that it sounds like we'll get company of some great winged beast pretty soon, I say we dispose of this girl and find somewhere to hide pretty quickly."

ProudGrognard
2014-06-09, 12:41 AM
Crixus

Crixus' heads moves around quickly and somewhat comically, trying at the same time to pinpoint the flapping sound he is hearing, track the conversation and look at the girl. The appearance of a skeleton does not make things easier. Suddenly, he shakes it and says.

"I hear the flapping, yes! Something is coming. And this boneman is yours? How come you did not get stoned by now?

And do not kill the girl! There is a story here and we should know it. Remember the dream, Joah did something here he was not proud of. The girl must be part of it. So I say, tie her and continue the interrogation later. And deal with whatever is coming.Yes?"

Unless stopped, Crixus ties the girl and put her under a nearby tree, where she can be checked easily. He then takes out two spears, and shoves it in the ground, just to be ready.

Remember the +2 bonus you get to initiative and perception, because we are in Crixus' Fav. Terrain.

Chained Birds
2014-06-09, 09:38 AM
"Flapping?... Oh..."

A worried smile goes across her face.

"H-hey, seeing as you all know Mr. Clark, I'll do you a solid. Get away from this area in the next minute... Or you might be burned... And burning really hurts... My least favorite way to go."

She looks at her bandaged hand.

"Or I could answer a single question... Seeing as I'm going to rat you guys out in few hours..."

ereinion
2014-06-09, 08:07 PM
Turning to Crixus, Cohel says.
"Do with her what you will, just make sure she does not become the death of us. I do not trust her, and think it better we got rid of her. She herself says she'll betray us given half a chance."

"But now is not the time to discuss this, make sure she is quiet, and let us all hide in the bushes to observe what it is that approaches us."
Cohel then tries to find a good place to hide before whatever is approaching gets hear, and readies his bow.

I assume that is a Stealth check?
Stealth: [roll0]

ProudGrognard
2014-06-10, 12:17 AM
Crixus

Crixus finishes tying up the prisoner securely -her mouth also- and puts her under a tree, where he can watch her. He intends to ask her later why he attacked them in Joah 's name. And why was the loss of her parents forced her to act like this. And who is this leader Grimm. Many questions.

But for now, Crixus stands in front of the others with his spears in hand, ready to attack the flapping thing.

Starbin
2014-06-10, 09:43 AM
"Well that's rich, coming from someone whose only action since we met them has been fondling her sword, and then when it comes time to use it she does nothing but staring vacantly into the air. Well, you did loot her for her belongings afterwards, that was real helpful. Anyway, it seems like you had little reason to worry about us killing this girl, as she seems immune to rapier punctures, greatswords and magic. It's a lucky thing she suddenly collapsed all by herself."

Darsalla stared back at the man for a moment, somewhat surprised by his vehemence. Of course, she was used to such behavior from humans. "I'm not sure I even understand what your problem is. Just because you jumped in flailing about with your pig-sticker and missed, don't take it out on me. Just seems odd that you immediately try to kill this idiot girl, who says she's trying to carry on the name of a man we all know, without so much as an attempt to figure out more. As for looting ... is that what you call disarming? All the stuff is still sitting there ... feel free to take your 'share.' I just didn't want to get stabbed later, especially with what's in those vials.

Guess I'll just go over hear and stare vacantly into ... PAZUZU's BALLS WHAT IN THE ABYSS IS THAT!"

Darsalls stares as Shura reveals his 'companion' to be a skeleton, stripped of flesh and staring ... well, vacantly at the captured girl. Nonplussed at the realization that this woman is actually a necromancer, she shakes her head, and starts to chuckle. "Well there certainly is no accounting for taste ... you sure know how to pick 'em, D ..."

The last was said to herself, as she shook her head, wondering how they had all missed the fact that this charismatic woman was leading the walking dead. Her amazement was cut short as the others started to scramble for the trees, hiding and looking upwards. "Wait, what? Burning? Flapping? This is one of the weirdest days ever ... and I've had more than my fair share!"

Darsalla moved to join the others, drawing her scimitar as she did so.

Okay, sorry for the delay - work was a beast yesterday. [roll0]; [roll1], and just because I'm expecting things to go south ... [roll2]

Chained Birds
2014-06-10, 11:33 AM
Everyone prepares to fight something flapping towards them. Crixus binds and gags the woman to a tree nearby, although she does not really fight back. It did seem like she was going to say something, but simply shrugged as the gag came over.

After a few seconds, a figure appears above the trees appears, and immediately dashes to the ground creating an upheaval of dust.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j431/bluupl8/imagejpg1.jpg

Standing over twice the size of a normal human, covered in armor, feathers and cloth, the creature glances around the area in swift bird-like head movements. His helmed head glares at each individual, an almost red gleam shining through its helm.
In its's right hand, a short sword sized for a large creature.

It then speaks:

"Steral'm Val'n'meltet t' Ender?!"

Where is Ender?

ProudGrognard
2014-06-12, 02:15 PM
Crixus

Crixus watches as the bird-man lands. He steps in front of the others.

"Do you speak common? "

Chained Birds
2014-06-12, 02:39 PM
The large creature stares at Crixus with an intimidating, glare.

He briefly glances over at his sword, before drawing the sword to his face, with the flat side of the sword resting against his helmet's front side.

"... Ans..wer m-me... wh-whe-re... is Ender!?"

It also appears like the gagged girl is trying to say something.

ProudGrognard
2014-06-13, 12:17 AM
Crixus

Crixus speaks slowly.

"Who is Ender? I am Crixus."

Crixus looks around, hoping someone better at words picks this up. He is not good at negotiating.

Sense Motive if it helps [roll0]

Starbin
2014-06-16, 10:38 AM
Darsalla remained hidden, her sword drawn as she crouched near the gagged girl. Was this girl Ender? Or was something else going on? It was difficult to say right now, but whatever the situation, she didn't like it. Crixus' arse was on the line, but depending on how deadly this thing was, it could be a bad day for them all.

Chained Birds
2014-06-16, 11:26 AM
"Savern Ender te'klkl jio."

Ender isn't here.

The the creature whispers to himself.

He then begins to flap his wings, before soaring far into the skies.

Afterwards, the flapping sounds gradually become more and more dim as the creature appears to go away.

ProudGrognard
2014-06-16, 02:57 PM
Crixus

Crixus waits for the thing to leave. He then turns to the others.

"What was that?"

He turns to the girl, which he ungaggs.

"What was that, do you know, silly girl? Yes?"

Chained Birds
2014-06-16, 03:13 PM
Recovering from being manhandled and de-gagged.

"Oh that... That's Onixious... Or something. He has a big revenge thing going where he looks for a guy name Ender... Or something...

We blow whistles for him whenever we see Ender, otherwise the guy would fling fireballs everywhere from the sky."

She pauses and looks at Crixus with blank stare.

"We know the guy who gives him fireballs... I'm just surprised that we are not on fire now... Strange..."

ereinion
2014-06-16, 05:04 PM
Seeing that the creature has truly left, Cohel sheathes his weapons before emerging from the bushes. Approaching the rest of the party he looks sternly at the girl before speaking.

"You've become awfully helpful for someone who just moments ago were trying to kill us. Tell us, why should we trust you?"

Sense motive: [roll0]

Chained Birds
2014-06-16, 09:50 PM
"Because I'm... I'm... In love with the guy over there!"

She point to Crixus.

"Love at first sight! Yes... That's why... you should trust me... (and not realize I'm simply buying time...)"

Ya, she's not in love with Crixus. Too bad.

ProudGrognard
2014-06-16, 11:31 PM
Crixus

Crixus straightens up.

"This happens to me a lot, yes. But you are lying. And we still do not know what happened. I say we move on. And strange things we will see in the village, I think. Yes."

Starbin
2014-06-17, 09:43 AM
Darsalla smirked at the woman's response. Sheathing her sword, she started looking around, since she seemed to be expecting someone. Crazy, perhaps, but potentially dangerous.

Mokou-tan
2014-06-17, 12:36 PM
Shura readjusts the bandana pinned to her robe. Looking over at her skeleton she sighs.

"Put the mask back on. Making you dig a hole to hide you is a pain. Now, hold out your weapon for them to take."

Her new companions did just find out she keeps the dead as company, she knew the drill by now. Even when saving people, they still mistreated her when they found out. She drops her scythe to the ground and pulls down her sleeve to cover up her tattoos. Now effectively disarmed, she holds out her hands, palms up and her skeleton kneels, holding out his scimitar for someone to take from him.

"Alright, if you bind my hands you should have nothing to fear from me. I only request that you let me explain myself later. And girl, love wouldn't have gotten you far with me. I don't know what it is."

ereinion
2014-06-17, 12:49 PM
@Crixus
"I still say we shouldn't take her with us - I am fairly certain none of us wants to guard her all the time, knots have a nasty way of getting undone, and we are just an hour out of Pasteur Town. Let us head back and deliver her to the city watch. I guarantee you, bringing her with us is going to cost us more than the few hours it takes us to go back, and then return here."

Idly wondering why Darsalla has that vacant smile on her face again, Cohel pauses before continuing.

"At any rate we ought to get going, she is clearly stalling, hoping for someone to turn up."

Chained Birds
2014-06-17, 01:58 PM
As the group begins discussing what to do with their time, the girl seems to be inching a bit farther away towards one of the roads. The one that would eventually lead to the Black Dot.

ProudGrognard
2014-06-17, 02:00 PM
Crixus

Crixus frowns and stoops and you can almost hear his mental wheels turning.

"The town will not be friendly. The girl said something about ratting us out. But we will see, yes."

Crixus starts as Shura kneels.

"What are you doing there, strange lady? Get up, we have way to go. "

Unconsciously, he takes a step back from the skeleton and makes the Sign of the Crow.

"Just keep him away. Yes, away. I do not like killing the dead again."

ereinion
2014-06-17, 02:21 PM
"I took that to mean her hometown, Plimoth Landing. She hasn't said anything about Pasteur Town, I believe? Our prisoner seems eager to travel in the opposite direction, at least," he comments as he notices her edging towards one of the paths. "Didn't you tie her to a tree just now? I'd say it's evident we'll need someone to stand guard over her if we bring her with us, and I'm not sure we are enough people to set up a good schedule for that..."

Looking about the crossroads for a moment Cohel looks confused, then starts as he takes note of Shura and her undead companion again. Listening to Crixus's words to her, he considers carefully before he seems to make up his mind.

"I suppose Crixus is correct about you though," he says almost regretfully. "One prisoner is more than enough, and we don't have time to stand around here talking. You do seem to be a decent enough person from what I've seen of you, even if you do dabble in the black arts... Maybe you'd do us the privilege to tells us why you are accompanied by the dead, as we travel either back to Pasteur Town or onwards to Plimoth Landing?"

Again he pauses for a while eyeing the girl they've captured carefully.

"I suppose killing her still is an option, but as my blood starts to cool it does seem a bit... cruel and heavy-handed."

Chained Birds
2014-06-17, 02:27 PM
"Oh... But I'm still tied to the tree..."

The ropes then fall loosely around her legs. She grabs them reflexively and holds them around her waist. She then drops them.

"Ya... You guys really suck at binding people against their will... I should know!"

She then runs towards the road leading to the Black Dot.

Starbin
2014-06-17, 02:33 PM
Darsalla glanced at the necromancer, wondering what she was doing. When the others told her to rise, she nodded - who was she to judge someone else's profession? She had spent too many times on the dark side of good to think her opinion mattered.

Once the group headed out, she followed, eyeing the roads that led away. She wasn't sure where they led, but better to keep your eyes open, then get surprised because you were snoozing ...

ereinion
2014-06-17, 02:35 PM
As she runs off, Cohel draws his bow and fires an arrow after her:

Initiative, in case someone else also wants to act while she's running away: [roll0]
If I lose initiative, and someone urges me not to shoot (or if she's already down/captured) when it's my initiative I'll abort the attack, if that's ok with you, Chained Birds?
Ranged attack:
Attack: [roll1], Damage: [roll2], Sneak attack: [roll3]
Crit confirm (20/x3): [roll4], Damage: [roll5]

Mokou-tan
2014-06-17, 02:38 PM
Shura is obviously genuinely surprised at their actions. She chuckles a bit. These people weren't too bad after all.

"I promise to explain on the way. Anyway, if you choose to take her with, skeletons don't eat, sleep, drink or get distracted. It's what I was taught at a very young age. He can keep watch forever, run the entire world and fight until destroyed. And this specific one will never betray me."

Shura picks her scythe back up as she speaks.

"If you decide to kill her, I used to be an Executioner for the cult that raised me. I can at least do her the courtesy of making it painless. In the end I leave it to you."

ProudGrognard
2014-06-18, 12:10 AM
Crixus

Crixus was about to agree with Cohel when the girl did one of her crazy things again. He just frowns when the arrow flies.

Some people, you cannot save. He sighs and goes to retrieve the body. And bury her.

Chained Birds
2014-06-18, 01:49 AM
The arrow flies and knocks her to the ground dead.

Now, the group may either go back to town, or take one of two paths laid out before them.

The path that leads to the Bird symbol, or the one that leads to the Black Dot symbol.

Starbin
2014-06-20, 11:54 AM
Darsalla sighed, staring at the dead girl. "Well, I guess we don't need to go back to town. Anyone want to see what she was running back to? I think it was towards that black dot on the map ..."

What did we do with her 'loot'?

ereinion
2014-06-22, 11:27 AM
Feeling a small twinge of regret as he saw the girl fall to the ground, Cohel walked over to her to see if she really was dead, or if they still had to decide what to do with her. Well, she had done her utmost to get herself killed, but even so it seemed a bit wasteful.
Heal: [roll0]
Looking back up as Darsalla posed her question, he shrugged.

"Sure, from the map it seems that every road leads to Plimoth Landing, and we might as well try figuring out why she wanted to run this way. Hopefully it isn't because the rest of the villagers have got an ambush set up a 100 feet down the road. Then again the reason she ran that way could have been anything from there being ferocious monsters in the other direction to it being the closest, unblocked path."

He smiles bitterly before standing up, getting ready to set off towards the black dot.
Eh, the only thing I care about in the loot is the healing potion, but I really haven't got that strong feelings even on that. I say we create a loot pool, of which we evenly divide the gp value, if we get a chance to sell it. If any items that is of particular use to any of us turns up, then the person who needs it most gets it, if we can't decide we roll a dice for it? It may not be truly in character, but it should at least help avoid sore feelings over loot distribution.

Also, how much do you guys wanna bet that we'll see that girl again? I think there was some ominous foreshadowing in her dialogue.

Chained Birds
2014-06-22, 01:29 PM
The group begins their trek again, after dealing with the body in what ever manner they wish. Maintaining their formation from earlier, they are still left with more questions than answers as to what they will find in Plimoth Landing and who Ender and the bird person, Onixious, are; and if those two actually have any relation to what is going on out here.

After but a minute of travel...

Pass: Find a Wire Trap that extends from one side of the road, to the other. Seems like two trees were set up to fall onto whoever stepped on the wire trap.

Reflex Save DC 17
- Fail: Two tree fall in parallel line over you deal [roll0] damage.
- Pass: Take Half Damage or no damage with Evasion.

ereinion
2014-06-22, 01:47 PM
After travelling for a little while, Cohel comes across a wire extending from one side of the path to the other. Wondering who on earth may have set it up, and why he asks the other party members to stop while he disables it.

Disable Device: [roll0]

Continuing on he tries to be extra diligent in looking for traps along the road.

ProudGrognard
2014-06-22, 02:40 PM
Crixus

Moving some feet behind Cohel, Crixus sees him inspecting something. He goes near him and he frowns as he kneels.

"A trap. Someone does not want people coming this way, yes. Perhaps we should regroup here and go out together, yes? If you get caught alone, it will not be nice."

Chained Birds
2014-06-22, 02:57 PM
Cohel successfully disable the trap, and notices two more a few feet away from each other. Seeing as how they are essentially the same trap, Cohel is able to cut the wires without causing the trees to fall on himself or anyone else.
Afterwards, he doesn't see anymore traps like this for now.

ereinion
2014-06-22, 03:07 PM
Cohel disables the rest of the traps before replying to Crixus.

"Yes, it doesn't look like a trap someone would set for anything but travellers, that is rather worrisome. As for me travelling with the rest of you... It will make it far more likely that whatever we run into is aware of us before we see them, and it will also pose a bit of a problem if we all are caught in the same trap. On the other hand, there is strength in numbers. I guess we could travel in two separate groups, you seem pretty sneaky, so we could travel 60-70 feet ahead of the others. That would make the distance short enough that we'll be able to alert them to anything coming p, while they should be close enough to come to our aid in just a few seconds. What do the rest of you think?"

Mokou-tan
2014-06-22, 03:26 PM
Shura chuckles a little at Cohel's suggestion.

"As you can see, I'm rather frail. If there's something up ahead, it'd be best if I was away from it. Don't worry, I can fight just fine from that distance, and my guardian will be able to assist up close."

ProudGrognard
2014-06-23, 01:46 AM
Crixus

Crixus looks at his breastplate.

"With this, I am not very stealthy, no. I will change to my leather. If we see anything, we come back and I change again"

In a few minutes, his breastplate is out and he wears a simple leather armor.

"I am ready. Let 's go"

Perception [roll0] Stealth [roll1]

ereinion
2014-06-23, 03:55 AM
"Let us move on then, I will certainly feel much safer with you by my side"

Chained Birds
2014-06-23, 07:28 AM
The group, in their new split formations, venture forth and encounter no new traps along the 35 minute trip. Winding around a corner, Crixus and Cohel spy at least six individuals camping around a small fire, with tents and other outdoors equipment scattered around the clearing. They also notice they wear similar clothing to the insane girl from earlier, even sporting green bandanas along their necks, heads, or arms.

As they try to get a better look at what dangers might be there, they decide to backstep away as one of them can be heard questioning a sound in the area. Luckily the two get back to the group and were hopefully not noticed.

From what they could briefly tell:
- There are 2 women and 4 men.
- Crixus can tell they have probably been camping there for some time because of his ranger logic.
- They didn't spy any weapons, but they probably would have them close-by, like with the girl from earlier.
- Lastly, they were all circled around the campfire, with the closest one to the entrance of the clearing being about 45ft away.

ereinion
2014-06-23, 03:01 PM
As they return to the rest of the party, Cohel quickly summarizes what he's gathered about the group they've spotted to Shura and Darsalla.

"So what do you think we should do? The way I see it we have three options; we can try approaching the group, hoping they aren't mad like the girl was; we can try to ambush them, but that would be assuming they'll try to kill us if we approach, which seems a little paranoid; or we can try circumventing them by cutting through the woods, around the camp they've made. I have no idea how tricky it would be to get around them without being seen, but I think Crixus would probably be able to give us a good estimate on that."

"Personally, I think the last option is both the the one least likely to go wrong in some way, but it does of course depend on how tricky it is getting past them. If we can't do that, we should probably try to talk to them at least, just attacking everyone we come across as we travel towards Plimoth Landing hardly seems to be a sustainable strategy. As well as being very questionable, morally."

Mokou-tan
2014-06-23, 03:34 PM
Shura tosses her scythe to her guardian, who promptly puts it on his back.

"I'm told I'm good at talking with people. I'm not so good at sneaking and decent at killing. I can also bring great pain to all within thirty feet of me at once. Repeatedly. If talks go bad and you're that far behind me, I can freely do so. My guardian is healed by such things, so I won't be defenseless. This robe of mine can shoot needles for some minor wounds, I mostly use it to scare things off. All in all, if you decide to go the route of talking, I can manage."

Starbin
2014-06-23, 04:03 PM
Darsalla shrugged. "Seems this little side venture is not really why we're here ... but given their apparent ties to Joah, perhaps this is not as coincidental as one might surmise. What if our chatty Kathy and her bony friend went in and 'suggested' they listen since we control their friend ... which we do, in a way. Best to talk your way out of it, and leave the rest of us in wait to attack if necessary."

ereinion
2014-06-23, 07:33 PM
"That sounds good to me. Though we lose the element of surprise, we'll all have our weapons ready and come to your aid if things turn sour."

Cohel eyes Shura critically for a second.

"Besides, I am quite convinced that you are more than capable of taking care of yourself."

ProudGrognard
2014-06-23, 11:57 PM
Crixus

Crixus was thinking along the same lines. He did not want to attack a band just because he suspected they could go first. On the other had, he was sure things will go wrong.

"We should take cover in positions around you, yes. Cohel can find a place around the camp with good visibility before you go in. I can also do the same from another angle, yes. I am good with my spear from at least 50 ft. If things go wrong, we will be with you in two breaths. Yes?"

ereinion
2014-06-24, 12:45 AM
"Yes. If you give me and Crixus a minute or two before you approach the camp, Shura, I am sure that'll be plenty of time for us to get into position."

To sneak into a "sniping" position ~70 feet from the camp, unless something unexpected happens, I guess that is what Cohel will do next:
Stealth: [roll0]

Mokou-tan
2014-06-26, 03:02 PM
While waiting for the others to get into position, Shura takes a moment to consider who she's going to be talking to. They obviously aren't highborn people, so a clean appearance shouldn't matter too much. I suppose the best option is to just be friendly. How do I be friendly again? Looks like everyone's in position, no time to dawdle. After everyone is in position, she opens up her umbrella to shade herself and steps into the clearing with her guardian.

"Hello! Might you have time to talk with a traveler?" Her normally cold voice was replaced by a kind, almost childish one. It seemed so natural it left the question of which was her real voice and which was the act.

Chained Birds
2014-06-26, 03:32 PM
As everyone gets to their positions, Shura starts off her diplomacy with a greeting and a question.

In response, only one of the people seated by the fireplace actually seems to give her any attention. It is one of the ladies with long black hair and a black eye. She speaks to Shura in a very low voice, almost muted by the natural forest sounds.

"Shhhh... don't be too loud... Ender might sneak away... He is a jerk that way."

While she is responding, she grasps at something metal hanging from the string necklace around her neck.

Mokou-tan
2014-06-26, 03:51 PM
Shura adjusts her umbrella, shading them both from the sun a bit.

"Who is this Ender person? He sounds like a slippery character." Her voice was lowered to match the person who spoke with her. Information was always good to have.

Chained Birds
2014-06-26, 09:09 PM
"Don't really know, We were just ordered to find the guy and we finally tracked him down... But if we lower our guard for even a moment, he might get away... We haven't slept for over 9 days... Where is that girl... She was supposed to be here..."

The lady places her head in her shaky hands before softly weeping.

"Just need that damned whistle..."

ProudGrognard
2014-06-27, 12:39 AM
Crixus

Crixus, in his hiding position, squints. Is everyone in these parts crazy? Silently, he pats himself. Was there a whistle in the little one 's possessions?

ereinion
2014-06-27, 10:46 AM
From his hiding place Cohel followed the going ons around the campfire carefully. He was mystified.

Why the hell did they need a whistle to keep this Ender captured? Why didn't they just sleep in shifts to keep him from escaping? And among the people around the fire, who was he?

Mokou-tan
2014-06-27, 01:29 PM
Shura sighs grabs a piece of bread out of her companion's pack, writing 'blow whistle' on it (might be more carving, she didn't have paper) and sending her guardian to Crixus the long way to not give away his hiding spot, speaking in Necril to her guardian in hopes to keep it secret.

"Which one is Ender? I can probably make him hold still for a good while."

ProudGrognard
2014-06-27, 03:05 PM
Crixus

All this furious patting procures the missing whistle. At his wits' loss, Crixus sees the skeleton approaching. Mechanically, he gives him the whistle.

Chained Birds
2014-06-27, 10:26 PM
"Doubt it... The guy can grapple like a behemoth, and as to where he is at..."

She points at the ground below her.

"We've got him trapped underground, but we can't deal the final blow... If we try, then he'll just beat us up like before... We need that damned bird to show up, but he only responds to a certain whistle."

She clenches at a bent metal attached to a twine necklace around her throat.

"He broke ours... But once we get that whistle... We can finally watch him burn, so we can continue our business without his meddling..."

Mokou-tan
2014-06-27, 10:36 PM
Shura smiles and starts walking towards the fire.

"I do wonder what it is you do. I sent my companion to go get your whistle. There was a girl dressed similarly to you a ways down. Would you mind enlightening me as to what you do and what kind of person Ender is while we wait?"

Chained Birds
2014-06-28, 08:15 AM
"Ender is a monster. He wanders the lands taking valuable ore from other lands and killing whoever he doesn't like... According to Mr Grim, Ender's presence is causing an imbalance that will hurt us in the long run... Onixious balances it out somewhat, but he is also an annoyance that will be dealt with if he doesn't leave.
We, are simply spreading the word. Joah Clark was a hero, but a small hero in the grand scheme of things... He will be forgotten like many before him... We are going to change that."

But then she stares at Shura, with her dark and tired eyes.

"You've asked a lot of questions miss... But I have one for you.

Why do you have a whistle?"

Mokou-tan
2014-06-28, 02:22 PM
Shura sighs softly, a little disappointed. She had stated they saw a girl similarly dressed, but her guardian returning with the whistle complicated things. Shura had hoped he'd take a little longer.

"You know, I don't think Joah would want what you guys are doing. After all, your companion tried to assault us without provocation. Joah Clark was a hero."

Shura grasps the whistle in her right hand and raises it into the air, her sleeve falling down to her shoulder, revealing her tattoos.

"Now that I have some leverage, talk a bit more, or I can crush this whistle. Be careful what you do from here on, this accursed arm of mine is volatile. One wrong move and it'll send you to the end. Tell me a bit about your friend and why they might do that, because you sound like a bunch of brigands to me. Or, if he's here, you can bring Mr. Grim to me. I'll be a bit nicer with him."

Shura has readied an action to Channel Energy if an aggressive action is made against her. Also, [roll0] diplomacy if needed, apply situational modifiers as needed.

ProudGrognard
2014-06-29, 01:03 AM
Crixus

Crixus tenses. It will be now or never. He silently readies his javelin.

Chained Birds
2014-06-29, 07:48 AM
"You are a friend of Joah Clark then? How nice... How troublesome."

She is no longer speaking softly and actually turns her head towards the tent to shout.

"Falwood! What's the status on Ender?!"

A voice can be heard from the tent calling "Still Asleep... I think." The woman then turns back to Shura, with a newfound malice in her eyes.

"This game you play. Do you wonder how safe you really are?

I'll answer you your questions. We will rival the bandits that terrorized us for over two years; the same ones that Mr. Clark defeated and liberated us from. Joah Clark was a great man to be remembered, but he won't be unless we prove that he was necessary to stop evil from this world, and that no one else could do it.
We want everyone to say "If Joah Clark was still around, he would of stopped them."

No one remembers the hero, everyone remembers the villains! And by this logic, Joah will be remembered through our actions. Isaic Grim knows much of this world! He will lead us down our noble path and once we reach our goal, all will remember the name "Joah Clark"!"

The sounds of the other individuals around the fireplace whispering their thanks to Joah and Isaic can be heard in almost a chant or hymn-like manner.

ereinion
2014-06-29, 09:00 AM
Wow, it seems to me Joah would have been better off recruiting a cleric with a specialty in headcases than us. I wonder what he could possibly hope we can do against these lunatics.

While Cohel is baffled by what he can hear of the conversation from the camp, he stays alert, ready to assist Shura at a moment's notice.

Mokou-tan
2014-06-29, 03:39 PM
Shura gives a very unsettling smile to the woman.

"Oh, I know the game I play. Since a very young age I've had a close relationship with death. So, you've turned to villainy in order to make people remember Joah. I don't really think he'd have wanted that. By doing this, you defile everything Joah did for you and everyone else."

Shura pauses for a moment and laughs softly. It was time to use their own words. After all, she herself was once the villain. By their logic, she should be remembered.

"You say the villain is always remembered, right? Then do you know who I am? Please, tell me you remember the villain. Tell me, what is my name?"

Chained Birds
2014-06-29, 09:26 PM
"Such a minor grunt. Just like how we (the ones here) won't be remembered in the end, you won't be either. Isaic Grim's plans are only halfway into completion."

She nods to her sleepy companions, who moan and grunt with annoyance.

"I have entertained your questions. Eventually one of our patrol will find us and have a whistle on them, so we need not leave you to mock our actions."

The woman keeps eye contact with Shura as the others crack their hands and shoulders, and begin to rise up. Things are not looking well for Shura now.

Mokou-tan
2014-06-29, 09:53 PM
Shura's smile gets wider.

"It took Joah to stop me. Villains are only remembered if you record their existence."

She starts laughing as her whole body lets off a black aura. In an instant, the aura envelopes everything within 30 feet of her.

"My heart is Malice."

Her guardian draws his shield and scimitar to defend his master.
Channel Negative energy: [roll0] negative energy damage, DC19 Will save for half damage.
Initiative: [roll1]

ProudGrognard
2014-06-30, 12:18 AM
Crixus

These Lowlanders are crazy. And their leader more so. Crixus could understand battle madness. But this kind of strangeness...not easily.

He gets ready to skewer the first of the bandits that makes a move against Shura.

Ready action: Atk Amenta Javelin dmg [roll]1f6+5

ereinion
2014-06-30, 06:50 AM
As Cohel sees things go balls up in the camp he fires an arrow at one of the cultists, then begins to run towards them while drawing his weapons.

Initiative: [roll0]

Ranged attack:
Attack: [roll1], Damage: [roll2]
Crit confirm (20/x3): [roll3], Damage: [roll4]

Starbin
2014-07-01, 10:33 PM
Darsalla sighed inwardly as the gambit failed and the strange priestess did something that rippled in the air and seemed to hurt the people around them. With her sword already drawn, the tiefling waited a few moments, wondering what surprise awaited them. There was still this Ender they had spoken of ...

[roll0] ... waiting for a moment to see what happens before Darsalla rushes out there.

Chained Birds
2014-07-03, 06:41 AM
The negative energy flows through the area, harming some of the people who are rising up from their seats; some drawing some metal cylinders from their robes. In a flick of the wrist, the middle two cause their cylinders to extend, like a telescope, with several sharp spikes protruding from the tip. Essentially, they seem to be holding some rather intimidating looking spears that seem to drip with a green ichor.

The two in the far back draw bows from behind their seats, and ready arrows with a similar color liquid at the tip of each arrow head.

The ones in the front (One being the woman Shura had spoke with) do not seem to draw weapons. The woman actually chuckles a bit as the negative energy washes over her. She makes a small nod to the man closest to her (the one seated opposite to her and the second closest person), as he raises his fist into the air.
A symbol of some wiggling serpent with many tails appears on his hand, as he then strikes the ground causing a wave of positive energy to wash over the area [roll0] Living Creature Heal (Will DC 13 Half). The woman, mimics his action, as an arrow hits her in her side, but otherwise does not interrupt her action. [roll1] Living Creature Heal (Will DC 14 Half)

There are:
- 2 with bows, about 25ft from Shura's position.
- 2 brandishing some rather wicked spears, about 15ft from Shura's position.
- 2 wielding no weapons but are capable of Channeling Energy (Positive), about 10ft from Shura's position.

Everyone who is not Shura, is about 40ft from Shura's current position and cannot really charge in unless that are capable of moving without going in a straight line as part of their charge action, or are unhindered by natural terrain (Otherwise, you can move normally).

Cohel
Darsalla
Enemies
Shura + Skele-Bro
Crixus

ereinion
2014-07-04, 12:30 PM
Cohel suddenly bursts from the undergrowth close to the clearing, skipping and tumbling to avoid the obstacles in his path, like a veritable Tarzan. Upon finally arriving in the site of the failed negotiations, he turns to Shura with a wicked grin on his face.

"Told you I'd be here to assist you!"

With that and a wink, he lunges forward in an attempt to skewer the woman Shura was talking to.

Normal attack:
Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1], Sneak attack: [roll2]
Crit confirm (18-20/x2): [roll3], Damage: [roll4]

Oh, and Tarzan exists in the setting, right?

Starbin
2014-07-07, 02:07 PM
Seeing Cohel rush out to Shura's aid, she almost laughed out loud. The boy seemed quite the would-be hero, leading the way with the head of his ... sword. Shaking her head, she decided a more subtle approach. With a wave of her off hand and a whispered word of power, Darsalla disappeared from sight, moving quickly around to approach the archers.

Standard - cast vanish. Move Action - circle around (as necessary) up to 30ft to close within five feet of the archers.

Status
HPs 29/29; AC 20; F +6 R +5 W +4
Arcane Pool: 7/7
0: detect magic, acid splash, arcane mark
1: vanish, shocking grasp, color spray
2: mirror image

ProudGrognard
2014-07-07, 02:57 PM
Crixus
HP 40 AC 18

Crixus decides that the time for swinging games is over. He breaks cover and runs towards the second caster, bellowing.

'I will break you, little man!'

As he goes, his large sword swings in wide arcs.

Charge at the second caster

Atk [roll0] dmg [roll1]

Chained Birds
2014-07-08, 07:46 AM
The rages on.

Cohel swings in and delivers a decent blow to the unarmed channeler, while Crixus rushes in and delivers a devastating blow on the male channeler. Though they do fall quite yet.

The male channeler simply tries his best to mitigate some of the damage he took, before taking a 5ft step away from the brawny ranger. Channel Energy (Positive): [roll0]

The two men with spears wander towards Crixus, both stabbing with their eerie weapons seemingly trying to land even he smallest of blows, regardless of how weak the attack might seem.

Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

If 1st or 2nd Attack hit:
- DC 14 Fort Save: Fail = [roll5] Con Damage

If Both Attacks hit:
- DC 15 Fort Save: Fail = [roll6] Con Damage

The female channeler reaches out towards Cohel; her hand emanating a Blue-ish glow.

"Let me grant you a gift."

Touch Attack: [roll7]

If hit: Cohel gains a +2 on all Skill Checks; but a -2 on all Saves and Attack Rolls for 3 rounds.

Finally, the two Archers twirl their arrows around seemingly looking for a decent target. The 1st Archer Aims at Shura, and fires an arrow that seems to move through the crowded space to try and hit its mark. But it also seems the arrow is moving unusually slow for... an arrow.

CMB: [roll8]

If Successful: Shura is knocked prone as the arrow shatters on her collar dealing no real damage.

The 2nd archer aims to take out the undead.

CMB: [roll9]

If Successful: Mr. Dead is knocked prone as the arrow shatters against his forehead dealing no real damage.

-----

The Enemies have finished. The Hero's begin anew!

ereinion
2014-07-08, 09:37 AM
Cohel laughs at the female caster as her magic spells fail to reach him.

"I don't think I want any gifts from you, but here you have two from me!"

He quickly stabs at her, first with his rapier, then with his dagger.

If possible he'll move into a flanking position with Shura's skeleton (if he isn't already) with a 5-foot step, and attack with his rapier and dagger:

Rapier:
Dagger:
Attack: [roll5], Damage: [roll6], Sneak attack: [roll7]
Crit confirm (19-20/x2): [roll8], Damage: [roll9]

Flanking bonus is not included, so please add that if it applies.

Mokou-tan
2014-07-08, 01:47 PM
Shura goes wide-eyed as she falls, but her Guardian stands, unaffected by the arrow's feeble attempt to knock him down. Without missing a beat her arm began to glow again.

"Manifest, my hatred."

A scythe of black energy materializes next to one of the spear men fighting Crixus. It spins through the air wildly, trying to slash at it's target. While this happens Shura tries to get up.

Shura's Guardian Goes after the nearest opponent to his master, flanking if possible, blocking their path to her if not, and swings with his blade.

Shura casts Spiritual Weapon, attacking a spear user.
Attack: [roll0]
Crit confirm (20/x4): [roll]1d20+6[roll]
Crit Damage: [roll1] Force Damage
Critical damage (add to normal): [roll2]
Caster check against Spell Resistance: [roll3]

Shura's Skeleton makes an attack at the opponent nearest to Shura, he moves after Cohel in initiative, so Cohel can get the flanking bonus still, if possible.
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Crit Confirm (18-20/x2): [roll6]
Crit Damage: [roll7]

ProudGrognard
2014-07-09, 02:36 PM
Crixus
HP 40 AC 16

Narrowsly avoiding what must be poisoned spears, Crixus now finds himself between multiple opponents.

How silly of them, to mess with a tall Toplander swinging a huge sword.

Crixus' swings become more wide and powerful, trying to hit and bounce the large, sharp piece of steel he wields.

Using Cleave for a -2 to AC.

Atk1 [roll0] dmg [roll1]

If hit

Atk2 [roll2] dmg [roll3]

Starbin
2014-07-16, 05:51 PM
With a final few step, Darsalla closed the distance to the archers, settling in between the two. She almost chuckled aloud before she struck, but she needed to even the odds a bit, before these two made pin-cushions out of the others. She raised her blade, focusing on charging it up and getting ready to lash out if one of the archers raised his bow to attack.

Move action to close with archers, swift action to add +1 enhancement for 1 minute, readying to attack the first archer to try and fire. I think that would trigger two attacks ... one readied action and one AOO (but if not, just ignore the second attack)

[roll0], [roll1] vs flat-footed target?
[roll2], [roll3]

Status
Arcane Pool: 7/7

Chained Birds
2014-07-17, 07:38 AM
The battle continues with the group doing a fairly powerful advance against the cultist-esque Joah guys.

With the small help of Shura's skeleton ally, Crixus is able to decimate the male divine caster to the put where he cleaves the man's torso in a diagonal swing, leading his wet blade to one of the spear wielders who tried to nick him earlier. His heavy blade hits hard, but fails to completely finish off the relatively sturdy adversary.

Shura's materializes weapons simply dances in place as spiritual weapons tend to do. No one really notices it except for Shura.

Cohel is able to dig his daggers into the female divine caster, but feels like she is still able to fight back.

Darsalla positions herself amongst the chaos without skipping a beat, and readies herself to counteract the archer's skills.

-----

With a gruesomely defeated ally by their side, they seem to act as though their deceased friend simply tripped and fell on his face, snickering and making some mild chattering about how they figured he would be the first to go. But they still brandish their weapons and skill strike out at the group with malice and madness.

The divine caster in the front Cohel tries to touch him again with her eerie blue hand.

"It's fine... Accept the gift that we all share deep within our minds."

Touch Attack: [roll0]

If hit: Cohel gains a +2 on all Skill Checks; but a -2 on all Saves and Attack Rolls for 3 rounds

The two spear wielders seem to nod to one another as one goes for Crixus's legs, while the other goes for his chest. Crixus can actually see that one of the back spikes on the spear lengthens slightly with a twist of the wrist, almost like the weapon was created for more uses than simply being a weapon.

Trip Attempt: [roll1]

Success: Crixus is now prone.

Spear Attack: [roll2]

If hit:
- DC 14 Fort Save: Fail = [roll3] Con Damage

Finally, the Archer seemingly aim for Cohel, but one is stuck by Darsalla's strike before he is able to fire a shot. That one instinctual rolls away and seems to spend some time figuring out what actually happened. The other is struck with an equal force, but is able to get off his shot at the last moment.

Bow Attack: [roll4]

If hit:
- DC 14 Fort Save: Fail = [roll5] Con Damage

ProudGrognard
2014-07-18, 12:41 AM
Crixus

Spear fightong is a veritable tradition in the Highlands. Crixus has been getting tripped by spears . These sick in the head Lowladers are good but not good enough.

Crixus sidesteps the spear thrust in his feet and pushes it away with his sword. The move gives his room to swing in a wide arc.

"I will break you! In pieces!" he bellows.

Again, Cleave

[roll0] dmg [roll1]

If it hits, hitting the second spearman

[roll2] dmg [roll3]

Starbin
2014-07-30, 10:07 AM
Having revealed herself, Darsalla laid into the archer next to her with gusto, trying to take him down before he could fire another arrow at her companions. She lashed out with preternatural quickness, the blade whisking through the air in an attack that seemingly traced some strange symbol ...

Full attack / spell combat (casting arcane mark) vs the archer next to me. [roll0], [roll1]; [roll2], [roll3] + arcane marked.

If the target falls with either blow, Darsalla will try to five foot step next to the other archer (if she's not already there).

Status
Arcane Pool: 6/7
+1 enchancement to scimitar (1 min)

ereinion
2014-08-02, 10:53 AM
Cohel attacks the female cleric again.

Full attack:
Rapier:
[B]Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1], Sneak attack: [roll2]
Dagger:
Attack: [roll5], Damage: [roll6], Sneak attack: [roll7]
Crit confirm (19-20/x2): [roll8], Damage: [roll9]

Mokou-tan
2014-08-02, 12:37 PM
Shura takes a moment to assess the situation. Seeing the spears, Shura gets a wicked idea. She sets her Spiritual weapon on the one that tried to trip and keeps her skeleton attacking whatever is closest to her. Gripping her tattooed arm, she waits for the right moment.

Spiritual Weapon Attack:

To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Skeleton Attack:

To Hit: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Crit confirm if needed: [roll4]
Crit damage: [roll5]
Shura readies a casting of Murderous Command for the one with a poisoned spear still if he survives Crixus' attack. DC 14 or they attack their nearest ally for 1 round.

Chained Birds
2014-08-02, 04:31 PM
As the battle continues, it appears as though things are starting go well for our heroes.

Crixus's mighty swings and combined effects from Shura's skeletal ally and spiritual weapon dispatch the two spear wielders. Their lifeless bodies hit the dusty ground with a thud.

Darsalla also has some relatively good luck as she is able to strike down one of the archers. He gives out a painful scream before falling over with an arcane mark etched on his chest near his heart.

Unfortunately Cohel is unable to land a blow on the remaining cleric, as she grimaces at everything that has happened today.

- - - - -

"Man, why did you guys have to ruin our day! Ender is going to get away, and he is too dangerous to leave unchecked... But I supposes that's how things go sometimes."

She makes a whistling sound, causing the remaining archer to solemnly nod. They then suddenly try to run away.

Cohel may take an AoO against the cleric lady.

Darsalla may take an AoO against the archer.

They both split away in different directions away from the group and towards the brush. If not defeated by any connecting AoOs, they'll both be around 30ft from the group in two different directions. If not stopped further, they seem like they will enter the brush making it more difficult deal with them.

ereinion
2014-08-02, 05:38 PM
"Wanting to leave already? I'm afraid we can't have that."

Cohel slashes at the cleric with his rapier, as she attempts to run away.

Normal attack:

ProudGrognard
2014-08-03, 12:27 AM
Crixus

Seeing his prey attempting to leave, Crixus leaves his Greatsword down and gets out his javelin. He hefts it and with a mighty throw, sends it again one of the fleeing archers.

Javelin [roll0] dmg [roll1]

Starbin
2014-08-04, 01:06 PM
Darsalla smirked as she struck down one of the archers, turning to focus on the other. However, she was caught off guard when the archer turned to run instead of fight, and she missed as she belatedly swung at his fleeing back. Muttering under her breath, she sprinted after the fleeing foe, ready to strike ...

Depends on how things go. If Crixus doesn't drop the archer, Darsalla will chase him down and attack. If, however, Crixus takes out the fleeing archer (who I think might have been injured before), then Darsalla will charged the fleeing cleric.

, [roll=Damage]1d6+5)

Status
HPs 29/29; AC 18 (charge); F +6 R +5 W +4
Arcane Pool: 6/7
+1 enchancement to scimitar (1 min)

Chained Birds
2014-08-04, 02:26 PM
The female cleric is stabbed before she can make it too far.

The archer is actually quite sturdy, but not sturdy enough to take a javelin to the back as he almost gets away.

The battlefield is now very silent. The natural state for a once peaceful area to camp out and greet wayward travelers. The two large tents off to the side russel slightly with the wind.

ereinion
2014-08-04, 02:51 PM
Cohel kneels next to the female cleric, to see if there's any life left in her.

ProudGrognard
2014-08-05, 12:05 AM
Crixus

As his javelin finds its mark, Crixus leaves out a loud "Hah!"

"You stupid lowlanders. I had warned you!"

Shaking his head, he goes on to reclaim his javelins and ready them. He then goes on to search the bodies and the tents, in a calm manner.

Perception [roll0]

Mokou-tan
2014-08-05, 12:21 AM
Shura walks over to Cohel, one of her hands in a pouch that sounded a bit like a bag of rocks.

"Mind if I borrow that when you're done with it?"

She motioned to the body as she spoke, just to be sure they would be on the same page.

Starbin
2014-08-05, 04:17 PM
Cleaning off her blade, Darsalla moved slightly away from the center of the clearing, uncertain about this whole 'Ender' situation. Besides, she didn't want to be accused of inappropriate looting. For now, she would concentrate on sweeping the area for signs of anything or anyone that wasn't a part of her group.

Dang, I keep forgetting she has a horrible perception check! [roll0]

EDIT: Ahem ... I stand corrected ...

Chained Birds
2014-08-06, 10:57 AM
The female cleric is deceased. The only notworthy thing about her, besides any items or clothing on her person, is that she is missing a left ring finger on her non-tattooed hand.

Darsalla take a brief search throughout the area, noting some of the tree traps around the clearing. It would appear they were designed to trap anyone who tried to approach the clearing outside of the main path.
She also finds a rather large hole that has been haphazardly sealed by strings and bells. One string leading away from the hole to one of the tents.

Inside the first tent, Crixus finds a meager amount of slightly moldy bread and bits of half eaten fruit. It is obvious to him that the group who was camping here was rapidly running low of food. He doesn't find anything else of note beside:
3 Bedrolls
1 day's worth of rations
1 dagger (Bloodied)

3 vials of Black Adder Poison
2 Shortbows
1 Masterwork Dagger
2 Spears (The ones used by the Spearmen)
21 Arrows
4 Black Adder Tipped Arrows

When Crixus enters the remaining tent, he almost trips over a low hanging string before noting that the entire tent is strung up like a spider web of strings. In the back of the tent, a person sits with varies threads attaching himself to the web of strings. He solemnly stares at Crixus before weakly saying:

"How sad... It appears we have failed in our duty to seal away Ender... He will be an annoyance on our work again..."

Crixus also notices a large chest sitting right behind the man.

ProudGrognard
2014-08-06, 12:00 PM
Crixus

Crixus watches the man for just a second. It seems that these woods were full with slightly mad lowlanders. Without taking his eyes of the man, he opens the tent and calls.

"Hey! There is something you have to see here!"

ereinion
2014-08-06, 12:13 PM
Oh, well, I guess it was too much to hope for to get any more information from this woman - though I have heard that necromancers can talk with the dead...

As if she's read his mind, he hears Shura ask him if she can borrow the corpse. Shuddering slightly at the implications, he turns his attention away from the dead cleric to look at the necromancer.

"What is it you intend to do with her? If it is merely getting some more answers from her, then I guess I won't object. If it is something more... I dunno, a lot of what you do just seems wrong to me, but maybe I just don't understand it well enough..."

Hearing Crixus' shout, Cohel rises and turns towards the tent.

"It seems Crixus has found something, maybe you could explain a bit to me, while we walk over there?"

Mokou-tan
2014-08-06, 12:43 PM
Shura nods and follows Cohel.

"I actually am not strong enough to communicate with the fallen, anymore at least. My powers waned from when I became a heretic. It is understandable that you wouldn't want me creating undead. It is against nature, after all. Making undead is what I was taught from a young age and as such, I neglected physical training. I'm not able to fight on my own, I'm barely able to carry my armor. If I want to save people, I'll have to do evil things because all I know how to do is evil. When it's all over, I'll remove these undead myself. Before I met Joah, I would kill people for the single purpose of making a new skeleton or zombie. Now I conscript people who are already dead. They can't use the body anymore anyways."

She spoke with a calm voice, sure the others could hear too without feeling like they were eavesdropping. Her loss of power wasn't actually from her being a heretic, but from the other cultists sending wights after her for turning her back on them.

ereinion
2014-08-06, 01:14 PM
Cohel doesn't look too happy about Shura's explanation, especially not when she claims that she has to do evil things, but he really doesn't want this new travelling companion of his to be evil.

"I... I guess I can understand some of your motivation, you want to move the world towards good, but in order to have the power to do so, you have to resort to means that you've trained to master... But I do not believe that all you know is evil, I am sure that Joah saw something good in you, why, isn't your desire to save people in itself good?

If it indeed is as you say, that the spirits of the bodies you raise to help you, does not suffer from your use of their bodies, then maybe what you are doing is not evil in and of itself?"

He looks at Shura expectantly, hoping that she'll confirm that what she wishes to do isn't evil.

Mokou-tan
2014-08-06, 01:41 PM
Shura looks up to the sky for a bit and smiles. There was one effect it had on the spirits of the bodies.

"It robs them of their ability to come back to this world, which is just as unnatural itself if you think about it. I've heard of great miracle workers who could bring someone back even after their body was used for such a thing, but I've yet to meet one. I'm going to bury them once this is all over. My guardian here was actually a man who vowed to defend me no matter the cost. As he died, he asked me to allow him to protect me even in death. Even I can't deny a man his final request."

She thinks for a moment, doing her best to be considerate of her companions' worldviews.

"Is it the undead that make you uncomfortable or is it the fact that I use people? I suppose I could come to a bit of a compromise and use animals instead."

ereinion
2014-08-06, 02:21 PM
Cohel sighs.

"I don't know really... It is just all so alien. Combine that with some of the magic users I've had the misfortune to know in the past, and well, it puts me somewhat on edge. If it truly is as you say, that you do not harm any aspect of the person who inhabited the body, I will not try to deny you the powers you use to save other lives."

"I truly do not know whether it'd make any difference whether it is the carcass of an animal or the body of a human who walks next to me. I think I would find both disturbing in different ways."

"So I'll just have to ask you to accept my unease around your... companions, and then maybe with time I'll grow to understand both them and you a little better."

ereinion
2014-08-11, 03:04 AM
As Shura and Cohel reach the tent Crixus' call came from, Cohel opens the tent flap and looks inside.

"What was it you wanted us to see, Crixus?"

Starbin
2014-08-11, 11:43 AM
Darsalla watched as the others joined Crixus in the tent. Grinning to herself, she searched the bodies and placed all the loot outside the tent before going in and joining the others. "Does anyone know why there are strings going from a hole into the tent ... Lamashtu's third teat, what is going on in here?"

Chained Birds
2014-08-11, 12:57 PM
"You all look... Healthy... How unfortunate."

Some of the strings tighten around his wrists and neck.

"...oh... He is awake... I-I suppose this is my end... Good luck."

Some the the strings and twine around the tent seem to race around, as being pulled by a series or pulleys. The man in the back seems to be choking, but he stops looking like he is pain after a gruesome snapping sound emits throughout the tent.

A slight tremor can be felt along with a violent groggy roar. The tremor gets stronger before stopping suddenly, as though something was moving underground and stopped beneath the tent.

In a sudden motion, a large, metallic blue hand cuts through the ground and tent fabric beneath the strung man, gripping him by the head, before yanking his whole body through the hole from whence it came. The tent seems to be sucking in on itself, as the several strings pull the tent into the hole, ejecting everyone inside it outside. The chest that Crixus noted earlier, is shot out and hits a tree closeby with a loud *ding* sound.

After a brief moment to let the dust settle, a sound come from the hole.

"Is there anyone out there? I've got to thank you guys... The name is... Let's say... Um... Enter? Nah, Ender! That's a good enough name..."

Starbin
2014-08-13, 12:08 PM
Rolling to her feet, Darsalla blinked, cursing to herself. Drawing her blade, she glanced at the others, then back to the hole. "What in the nine hells is that!" she hissed as she backed away slowly. This wasn't her area of expertise and she wasn't about to get yanked into a hole for decapitation and strangulation like that poor sod from the tent!

Not sure if we can tell much by a clawed hand and such, but here are some skill checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]