PDA

View Full Version : Pally or cleric prestige?

fl_swat
2014-05-26, 04:56 PM
I am looking for some that add a lot of flavor instead if just hack and slash boredom. I plan to play a Aasimar as the race.

Thx for the ideas in advance!

Psyren
2014-05-26, 05:15 PM
Can you give us a bit more to go on? What alignment? Do you want to be primarily a caster, archer, or a melee type who uses buffs to gain power? If the former, do you want to be a summoner, necromancer, blaster, or controller? Are you fine with wearing armor or would you prefer vestments? Etc. etc.

fl_swat
2014-05-26, 05:18 PM
As the title reads Pally (Lawful Good) and for priest any Good. Otherwise I am pretty open to ideas. I would like something that offers a good character to RP vs a basic character.

Angelalex242
2014-05-26, 05:19 PM
My favorite build is Clr 1/Pal 6/Fist of Raziel 10/Clr 4 (for effective) or Pal 9 (for flavor). Levels 7, 8, and 9 of Paladin offer nothing of great use, being dead levels, but the 3 levels of cleric take you from 10th level cleric casting to 13th level cleric casting, all on a BAB of 19. And you get better will saves from the cleric levels too.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-05-26, 05:36 PM
This build (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?275093-its-a-villain-sort-of#5) is an inquisitor, if that's what you're into.

Bone Knight in 5N is a holy warrior that fights along side of the undead, born of necessity really. Consider something like Paladin 4/ Bone Knight 4/ Divine Crusader 1/ Bone Knight 6/ Contemplative 1/ Warpriest 4, with the Wrath domain for Divine Crusader and advancing your Divine Crusader spellcasting with all your prestige class levels gained after it.