Promises Kept
2014-05-26, 05:48 PM
"When the war of the beasts brings about the world's end
The Goddess descends from the sky
Wings of light and dark spread afar
She guides us to bliss, her gift everlasting."

-LOVELESS, Prologue

The Celestial Protectorate

"Be assured of this, drake. I will not rest until you have been smote unto ruin, and every scrap of your wealth destroyed, and every servant and ally you possess is powerless to raise you, and even the gods themselves are aghast at what has been wrought upon your very existence. You have harmed my people, and that, I can never forgive."

-Lady Aglaia Iordanou, to the Great Black Wyrm Ifiristrix, whose corpse forms the heart of the crystal spire that lies at the center of her lands.

This is the thread for the Celestial Protectorate, ruled by Her Serene Radiance, the Arcadian Lady Aglaia Iordanou, Paladin and Champion of the Upper Planes.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-27, 12:46 PM
A desert gnome in priest garments teleports to a specified visitor area or if one is not established then outside the city gate instead. "Hello I am Sarbuckle a religious representative of the Oasis of Spirits and I have come to ask if there are any holy sites or artifacts in your territory my people can visit during our pilgrimage. The 10 year pilgrimage of the desert gnomes begins before the end of the week, we can go somewhere else first if you need us to."

WebTiefling
2014-05-29, 03:41 PM
Not many days after the great meeting of Sibald's, a functionary from Ascentia arrives via teleport announcing that her royal majesty, Sharlessa, queen of Ascentia, highest of light, would like to pay an official visit. She will bring with her the platform and her hopes for a wonderful relationship to grow from the expanded opportunities between the countries.

*and add in further flowery prose appropriate for announcing a visit between rulers*

At the agreed upon time, Sharlessa blinks into existence with a ten foot long something covered in a rich silk coverings. There are nine people who appear behind her, three of which are government officials dressed in white toga rainment with different colored sashes, and the other six are obviously merchants.

Sharlessa bows, effortlessly holding the large object in one hand.

"Greatings to you, I am most pleased to begin what I hope to be a wonderful cooperation between our countries."

The six merchants all read scrolls quietly as she is speaking and six Floating Disks pop into existence to the side. Sharlessa sets the platform on the disks and one of the officials pulls off the silk covering, revealing the large platform underneath.

Promises Kept
2014-05-31, 12:17 PM
A desert gnome in priest garments teleports to a specified visitor area or if one is not established then outside the city gate instead. "Hello I am Sarbuckle a religious representative of the Oasis of Spirits and I have come to ask if there are any holy sites or artifacts in your territory my people can visit during our pilgrimage. The 10 year pilgrimage of the desert gnomes begins before the end of the week, we can go somewhere else first if you need us to."

There is no designated location for teleporting visitors - it hasn't really come up, in-history.

The gnomish pilgrim arrives outside the gates of Starhaven, Jewel of the Protectorate. The gates appear to be wide open, with but a skeleton crew of guards posted there. However, mere seconds after his appearance, a large globe of all sorts of colored light, about five feet in diameter, comes into view before him. The light responds, in a clear tongue, "The Grand Chapel of the Light, within Seraph's Heart, the Lady's Keep, is certainly worthy of a visit. Some have come to regard the Crystal of Ifiristrix, at the heart of the Crystal Lake, as holy, though the Lady has not stated such. The Isle of the Redeemed is our most holy place, where the Lady spoke to Master Annush and convinced him to turn away from the dark path he then tread - it is in the southeastern part of the Lake."

Not many days after the great meeting of Sibald's, a functionary from Ascentia arrives via teleport announcing that her royal majesty, Sharlessa, queen of Ascentia, highest of light, would like to pay an official visit. She will bring with her the platform and her hopes for a wonderful relationship to grow from the expanded opportunities between the countries.

*and add in further flowery prose appropriate for announcing a visit between rulers*

At the agreed upon time, Sharlessa blinks into existence with a ten foot long something covered in a rich silk coverings. There are nine people who appear behind her, three of which are government officials dressed in white toga rainment with different colored sashes, and the other six are obviously merchants.

Sharlessa bows, effortlessly holding the large object in one hand.

"Greatings to you, I am most pleased to begin what I hope to be a wonderful cooperation between our countries."

The six merchants all read scrolls quietly as she is speaking and six Floating Disks pop into existence to the side. Sharlessa sets the platform on the disks and one of the officials pulls off the silk covering, revealing the large platform underneath.

Sharlessa and her entourage arrive in the throne room of Seraph's Heart, before Aglaia Iordanou, the Arcadian Lady. She stands alone, before her throne. Standing at around six and a half feet tall, and dressed in flowing, regal robes, light seems to emanate from her very body. Her voice sounds very odd, almost layered - as if multiple people are speaking from the same mouth. "We welcome you, Queen Sharlessa, to the Celestial Protectorate. Cooperation would indeed be welcome - so much in this world is dark and dreadful, and allies in fighting back the darkness are all but necessary." She approaches the platform, and addresses the merchants, her voice now sounding singular, kind and warm. "Ah, I'm sorry you had to waste your scrolls like that. Here is the payment for the pair ordered - 107100 gold, as I recall." She places an enormous bag of platinum coins before them, trusting that someone will take it. "Let me know if an error has been made in the counting, though I believe that is the exact payment. If you have no objection, I will take this platform now - will the other be delivered shortly, or shall I pick it up?"

If none of the merchants and Sharlessa object, Aglaia picks up the platform one handed, as Sharlessa did, and hands it off to an angel, who suddenly appears from nowhere. He vanishes, and the platform with him.

Any and all sensory modes indicate he was not present prior to his appearance.

Once the business side of things is concluded, Aglaia addresses Sharlessa, again speaking in that layered voice. "Would you care to join us for dinner? Annush and Captain Raithweald will be present, and our chefs have been instructed to do their utmost to match the reception you received at Sibald's gathering."

Dr.Orpheus
2014-06-02, 12:21 AM
Hearing out the of the orb of light Sarbuckle gives his thanks "I believe I could speak on some good parallels between the divine acts done for this nation and the protections granted by my great ancestors. We will teleport outside your walls and even if we are large in number we will not bring any weapons."

WebTiefling
2014-06-02, 02:26 PM
Sharlessa and her entourage arrive in the throne room of Seraph's Heart, before Aglaia Iordanou, the Arcadian Lady. She stands alone, before her throne. Standing at around six and a half feet tall, and dressed in flowing, regal robes, light seems to emanate from her very body. Her voice sounds very odd, almost layered - as if multiple people are speaking from the same mouth. "We welcome you, Queen Sharlessa, to the Celestial Protectorate. Cooperation would indeed be welcome - so much in this world is dark and dreadful, and allies in fighting back the darkness are all but necessary." She approaches the platform, and addresses the merchants, her voice now sounding singular, kind and warm. "Ah, I'm sorry you had to waste your scrolls like that. Here is the payment for the pair ordered - 107100 gold, as I recall." She places an enormous bag of platinum coins before them, trusting that someone will take it. "Let me know if an error has been made in the counting, though I believe that is the exact payment. If you have no objection, I will take this platform now - will the other be delivered shortly, or shall I pick it up?"

If none of the merchants and Sharlessa object, Aglaia picks up the platform one handed, as Sharlessa did, and hands it off to an angel, who suddenly appears from nowhere. He vanishes, and the platform with him.

Any and all sensory modes indicate he was not present prior to his appearance.

Once the business side of things is concluded, Aglaia addresses Sharlessa, again speaking in that layered voice. "Would you care to join us for dinner? Annush and Captain Raithweald will be present, and our chefs have been instructed to do their utmost to match the reception you received at Sibald's gathering."

Sharlessa nods, "The second will be done in a week, but I didn't want to wait that long to meet you and begin our country's mutual benefit. Your emissary," she nods to Annush, "was most delightful."

She gestures to the others in the group, "I have had to put up with these fine merchants' hopping about like a boy promised a piece of candy, and if is amenable to yourself, I would excuse them to pursue their own trade efforts." The merchants, all seasoned and professional traders hardly seem to be hopping here in the presence of two great rulers, but their eagerness is evident, and they exit with just barely concealed haste to beat their companions to making some favorable trade agreements.

"A dinner sounds most delightful. National matters seem to go best when sharing food, and I do hope for many great things to come from these beginnings. The games of nations provides us with numerous threats and opportunities which I suspect will be much better met with cooperation between our countries."