PDA

View Full Version : Help retraining Druidic Avenger for Shackled city

Dugong
2014-05-26, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm playing a level 9 (nearly 10) druid in the shackled city campaign and I've suddenly been forced to take the Druidic Avenger ACF, personally I would have preferred getting a nature themed cleric domain, but I've been told 'tough'.

The rest of the party is a Duskblade (going dps with spiked chain, got free arcane strike feat), Ehlonna cleric (going DMM Persist), nightmare spinner sorcerer, Factotum and a homebrew class that's basicly a true necromancer with scout elements.

This part of the build I can't change:

Human Druid 9
Str: 10
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 12
Wis: 18 (after periapat +2)
Chs: 10
Items:

Periapat of wisdom +2, Healing belt, Wildling clasp, +1 Dragonhide Fullplate, ring of the beast, metamagic rod extend (lesser), pearl of speech.

What I can rework are my feats, currently they are:
Extend spell, Companion spellbound, Craft wonderous item, Natural spell, persist spell.

I'm definately going to retrain companion spellbound (as I no longer have an animal companion), Craft wonderous item (since they were wrong when they said there would be plenty of downtime for crafting) and persist spell (because I don't know what I was thinking).
What feats do you think I should take? Augment summoning? INA? Multiattack? Rage feats like extra rage and/or intimidating rage?

Also, yes I have read the druids handbook, please don't drop shackled city spoilers and the DM is pretty strict to ban non core things (things from complete X need individual approval, also tomb of battle has been banned completely because it's 'OP' to give you an idea). I'm not sure if Dragon wildshape will be allowed (I'm guessing not) and anything from other campaign settings will probably be banned.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I kept spontaneous casting of SNA (so the ring of the beast isn't useless), but the catch is no summoning out of core.

eggynack
2014-05-26, 10:14 PM
Well, if you can't get dragon wild shape, then it might be worth picking up dragon wild shape, and if you lack the ability to get that, maybe ditch persist spell (it's useless now, and not the best later), and take both aberrant blood and aberrant wild shape. It might be worth losing extend spell as well, as the lesser rod you have, and maybe other rods you may have in the future, could replace them. It's unfortunate, however, as well as odd, that the restriction from setting books pretty much eliminates all of the good summoning feats. Augment is decent, but you'd be better off with the wild shape thing, with summons used as they were written in the books. If you just can't take any of the wild shape feats I listed though, then it's an alright choice.

Edit: Incidentally, exalted wild shape has something of an advantage here, as dragon and aberrant require piles of books to work at their best, while exalted just needs BoED and the monster manual.