PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Psionic RotRL Campaign Journal

ghanjrho
2014-05-26, 10:06 PM
So, my first campaign as a DM started last week; the Anniversary Rise of the Runelords AP. I figured I might as well do something to record my experience, for whatever it may turn out to be worth. Our cast of characters:

DW; Human Wilder with a blasty focus. First Pathfinder campaign, has about 3 sessions worth of 3.5/PF experience.
JP; Forgeborn Aegis, crafting focus. Long-time 3.X/P veteran, all the way back to 3.0. This is his 3rd play of RotRL.
JG; Dwarf Talented Fighter, uses a Minotaur Greathammer. Middling 3.X/PF experience.
SP; Tengu Vitalist. Used a race trait to grab a handful of eastern weapon proficiencies.
And I'm your host, DM.

First session had no play-time, all chargen. The allowed books were anything Paizo and all 3pp I had (Rogue Genius Games' Talented Fighter, the DSP Path of War WIP Release, and Ultimate Psionics). Surprisingly, UltPsi was a huge hit, with most of the party picking classes from it. JP went with the Aegis for the Craft bonus; character concept was of a dwarven super-crafter who traveled the land looking for rare and powerful materials. Shifted race to Forgeborn after reading it, swapping a couple racial traits (traded Naturally Psionic for Dwarf Weapon Familiarity) to better fit (backstory of being rebuilt after mining accident; referred to OOC as the 6 million GP dwarf). DW picked Wilder for the simplicity of being a pain cannon with a side of party face; JP and I are helping him with power choices. JG saw the Minotaur Greathammer in the MM4 and fell in love; he's using Talented Fighter to grab a mixture of Two-Handed Fighter, Weapon Master, and a few other minor things to build the ultimate beatstick. SP likes to make odd and interesting builds, choosing Vitalist to fill the healer's role and Tengu to keep life interesting. Due to a late start, this was all that was accomplished this session, the beginning of the AP proper would wait until next week.