View Full Version : Wild Shaping into Constructs

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-27, 12:16 AM
This is likely a stupid question, but after looking over some incredibly interesting construct in Dragon Magazine I've been wondering if it is possible to wild shape, or otherwise take on the appearance and/or abilities of a construct.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks.

eggynack
2014-05-27, 12:24 AM
Well, I don't know anything about a way to gain access to all constructs, but city soul, from the cityscape web enhancement (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) lets you become animated objects, which is nifty. It's also plausible, though definitely not certain, that if there's any particular ability or set of abilities you're seeking, then you can find those abilities on some other form.

Ellowryn
2014-05-27, 12:25 AM
Warforged Metamorphosis if psionic, or Polymorph if arcane.

As far as i know they are the only base race that is type construct unless you grab the dustform template.

bekeleven
2014-05-27, 02:21 AM
Well, I don't know anything about a way to gain access to all constructs, but city soul, from the cityscape web enhancement (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) lets you become animated objects, which is nifty. It's also plausible, though definitely not certain, that if there's any particular ability or set of abilities you're seeking, then you can find those abilities on some other form.

This is the only 3.5 way to wild shape into constructs. The 3.0 shifter had the ability to do so, however.

eggynack
2014-05-27, 02:25 AM
This is the only 3.5 way to wild shape into constructs. The 3.0 shifter had the ability to do so, however.
Yeah, that's about what I figured, though I can never completely rule out the possibility of something hyper obscure, or far more likely, something from a dragon magazine of some sort. As is, I'd figure that you can do most things out there with the form adders available, and what you can't do, you can usually manage with other druid resources. We are, after all, slowly running out of things on that mighty overarching list of things that druids can't do.

Chronos
2014-05-27, 07:53 AM
Hm, I thought at first that there might be a racial substitution for warforged druids, but if there is, it's not in Races of Eberron, and I don't think there's anywhere else it could be. Though I suppose you could talk with your DM about homebrewing one.

Tvtyrant
2014-05-27, 01:31 PM
There is always just nabbing polymorph if you are a warforged. Turning into a slaughterstone eviscerate would be fun.

eggynack
2014-05-27, 01:37 PM
Hm, I thought at first that there might be a racial substitution for warforged druids, but if there is, it's not in Races of Eberron, and I don't think there's anywhere else it could be. Though I suppose you could talk with your DM about homebrewing one.
There's definitely not one in non-dragon materials

Red Fel
2014-05-27, 01:45 PM
Wild Shape into constructs? Not that I know of. But there are other ways.

Just ask Gazebo Jones (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=9823824&postcount=132).