PDA

View Full Version : E6 Getting 4th level power access? (PF)

JusticeZero
2014-05-27, 12:31 AM
Are there any ways by RAW of being able to manifest a 4th (or higher, but it's 4th I'm looking for) level power by a 6th level human psion in a psi only setting using Ultimate Psionics? It can be limited; i'm looking for an equivalent to the "Ritual Spell" I saw somewhere. (I'm the GM, not the player)

Crake
2014-05-27, 12:38 AM
Are there any ways by RAW of being able to manifest a 4th (or higher, but it's 4th I'm looking for) level power by a 6th level human psion in a psi only setting using Ultimate Psionics? It can be limited; i'm looking for an equivalent to the "Ritual Spell" I saw somewhere. (I'm the GM, not the player)

well, I'm not sure about pathfinder rules, but in 3.5, if you could get access to an unconscious psion, you can access their powers and manifest them, as long as you have some means of increasing your ML by at least 1 (easy with overchannel)

JusticeZero
2014-05-27, 12:54 AM
Well, the issue is really that I want to have people able to use certain higher level effects when in the appropriate place for it. Essentially, rituals or ways to build big items that have effects bigger than the stuff even elite adventurers toss out in combat. But, I don't know how it would work in RAW before I start tossing around house rules.

Gemini476
2014-05-27, 05:05 AM
Well, the issue is really that I want to have people able to use certain higher level effects when in the appropriate place for it. Essentially, rituals or ways to build big items that have effects bigger than the stuff even elite adventurers toss out in combat. But, I don't know how it would work in RAW before I start tossing around house rules.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing along those lines in PF.
I guess if you wanted a big flashy homebrew psionic ritual thing you could co-opt the Metaconcert power. That seems pretty good, tone-wise.

Tantum Umbra
2014-05-27, 09:09 AM
YOU ARE THE GM! Make your own rules man!

JusticeZero
2014-05-27, 09:45 AM
I plan to, but I don't want to make a rule if there's a way to do it without making the rule. Especially if that creates an unintended synergistic effect.