PDA

View Full Version : creating items with ectoplasm

helix_hex
2014-05-27, 01:43 AM
is there anyway to make items from ectoplasm? got a dm who is starting to try knock me down so i am going to try evade this before i start going power-heavy.......or just go no-limiter-tyrant and destroy everything in my path. reference to anything would be great as well.

Diovid
2014-05-27, 02:35 AM
Ghostwalk has the Temper Ectoplasm feat and its two prerequisite feats (Ectoplasm and Shape Ectoplasm) which allow you to make all sorts of stuff (including equipment) out of ectoplasm. Ghostwalk (and possibly Libris Mortis) might also have other, more general, information about items consisting of ectoplasm and how to create them.

Alex12
2014-05-27, 06:54 AM
Most stuff created by Metacreativity psionic powers is described as being made of ectoplasm.

Darrin
2014-05-27, 09:07 AM
is there anyway to make items from ectoplasm?

Ectoplasmic equipment costs an additional 5 GP per pound (Ghostwalk p. 44). However, it only lasts 10 days, unless you apply ectoplasmic stabilizer. For 5 GP, you can purchase enough powder to stabilize one pound of equipment for an additional 10 days. Or you can buy equipment that is already stabilized for 100 days for 50 GP per pound.

However... if your DM rules that ectoplasm counts as material that was "once alive", then you can apply Unguent of Timelessness (about 19 GP per dose) to the ectoplasm, and it will last 374 days.

got a dm who is starting to try knock me down so i am going to try evade this before i start going power-heavy.......or just go no-limiter-tyrant and destroy everything in my path. reference to anything would be great as well.

Can you be more specific about why you need ectoplasm? Is the DM sending a bunch of incorporeal creatures at you, and being stingy about making Ghost Touch weapons/armor availabe? Ghostwall Shellac (150 GP, Dungeonscape) might help if you have time to prep. Or some special materials like Serrenwood (BoED) or Riverine (Stormwrack) might be more manageable.