PDA

View Full Version : Stronghold Builder's Guidebook: Any web utilities?

ZekeArgo
2007-02-17, 05:43 AM
I just joined an online PbP game that requires the creation of a stronghold and well, I was hoping there was some kind of web creation utility designed around it since I'd prefer not to putz around with a generic mapmaking program.

Any idea if there is such a thing/where I could find it?

Altairius
2007-02-19, 11:07 AM
Actually, I've been looking for such a thing for years, not only for SBG, but for general dungeonmaking.
Please someone tell me this exists.

Legoman
2007-02-19, 11:38 AM
I'm looking for a project, I could try to code one... it'd probably be fairly rudimentary until I could build it into a cgi-app and figure out how to generate images.

Now, to get a hold of the stronghold builder's guidebook...

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-19, 11:49 AM
Stronghold Builder's Guidebook is not Open Game Content, so there'd be a mess of legal issues if you tried to publish a utility specifically based on that book. However, you could definitely work out something a bit more generic.

Anyway, for "general dungeonmaking," Altairius, there are some freeware programs available for such a thing. There are even some Mac-compatible programs, if you're having issues on account of that. Unfortunately, I can't remember any of specific links or program names right now. But if you spend some time on Google, you should be able to find something worthwhile.

tape_measure
2007-02-19, 11:52 AM
Dunjinni
Campaign Cartographer
<insert other freeware program here that slips my memory right now>

Personally, I like Campaign Cartographer the most for world maps, but dunjinni for smaller Dunegeon-esque maps.

Gralamin
2007-02-19, 11:53 AM
tape: You forgot Autorealm
Also I can not get Dunjinni to work.

tape_measure
2007-02-19, 12:29 PM
autorealm. that's the one!

Kinda like Campaign Cartographer just with less options.

Dunjinni's a bit fickle. I remember having to be very specific about setting it up to get it just right.

Matthew
2007-02-19, 02:26 PM
There's a Dungeon Tiles program up on the Wizard's Site as well.

Altairius
2007-02-19, 09:18 PM
Thanks a bundle, everyone. Now my poor players won't have to rely on my crudely drawn scribbles anymore...

Stormcrow
2007-02-19, 09:24 PM
I like scribble maps... they have the secret ingredient...
Love.

They also have alot more control and alterations on the fly.