PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Shadow Skirmisher 1S1K Build

DurionArcanis
2014-05-27, 08:48 AM
Building a stealthy Skirmisher focused on a One Shot One Kill intent. Basically, I won't really be making multiple attacks per round, but rather I'll be focusing on improving my One Shot as much as humanly possible.

Starting level is 7, LA buy off is allowed, no magazines, 3.5 books/web, 3.0 on request. Below is my current and hopefully final draft, don't ask how I got here from where I was before :P

CG Dark Lesser Tiefling, worships Ehlonna
Rogue1/Scout4/Ranger1 (no multiclass penalty, rogue favored class, +1hp or +1 skillpoint per lvl in favored class)
Scores: 10,16,14,16,14,6 (25 pt buy, +2dex/int/-2cha race, +1str@lvl4)
1 Trait: Aggressive
2 Flaws: Non-Combatant, Weak Willed
Feats(lvl taken): True Believer (1); Point-Blank Shot (1); Darkstalker (1); Deadly Aim (3); Swift Hunter (6); Swift Ambusher (6) ((Planning to take Vital Strike @ 9))
Skills (Highest Priority 1st): Hide, Move Silently, Perception (combined Listen/Search/Spot), Disable Device, Acrobatics (combined Balance/Tumble/Jump), UMD (once a class skill always a class skill, if you get any merged skills as a class skill you get the result as a class skill)

ACFs
-Drow Rogue Poison Use
-Wildshape Ranger
-Voice of the City
(I might get the Distracting Shot Ranger ACF if I ever get to Ranger4, which is unlikely)

Starting Gear
-Custom bow: Serrenwood Masterwork Longbow w/Sniper's Shot effect on use, must be Chaotic to use.
-Ring of the Darkhidden
-Custom ring: Ring of Personal Shade (No Light effect for a 5' square, command use, might be added to the Ring of Darkhidden instead of a separate ring)
-Raptor Arrow
-Belt of Healing
(-Some sort of light armor will be purchased, still deciding on that as of right now)

Small Purchases (not fully detailing these, subject to change on a whim)
-Poisons of various types (particularly looking for suggestions into disabling/debuffing poisons (as opposed to deadly), and natural (as opposed to chemical), because I'm supposed to be a good character worshipping a nature goddess soo yeah)
-Disposable arrows (more circumstantial, I plan to get a few of different types for when the Raptor Arrow won't cut it and for prepping poisons out of battle)
-Handy Haversack (doesn't everyone need one? :P )
-Traveler's Kit (Tweaked a bit probably, but yeah, PHB2 traveler's kit stuff)
-Everfull Mug
-Everlasting Rations

Desired Gear (to get later)
-Gloves of Agile Striking (to be improved as well if I get them)
-Skirmisher's Boots (also to be improved)
-Rogue's Vest

I have about 2.5k to work with left after my actual purchases... So any suggestions? Still need some halfway decent light armor too, but considering my playstyle goal is "if you can't see me you can't hit me" I don't need to go after anything major.. yet.

A friend told me to look up the poison handbook, so I'm off to do that now before I go re-examining the armors.

paperarmor
2014-05-27, 09:22 AM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?344607-A-Sane-Sniper-build-PEACH-WIP) Should give you some ideas additionally consider Maiming Strike to sacrifice sneak attack damage for Charisma Damage it's obviously better on Full Attacks but if you can talk your DM into allowing you to sacrifice Skirmish Damage too it'd be pretty hefty.

DurionArcanis
2014-05-27, 09:34 AM
Appreciated. I found Arsenic & Old Lace on BrilliantGameologists and I plan to give that some heavy reading as well later. For now I've been reading PDF's and forums all night long and I'm afraid the migraine is coming back. Armor, further optimization consideration, and poison investigation will all have to wait.

Oh, keep in mind the poison stuff is mostly going to function as a bonus, it's gravy. Since I'm getting Trapfinding from both Rogue and Scout, I figured I'd trade away the Rogue's Trapfinding, and Poison Use seemed to make the most sense out of my ACF options there.

And because I forgot to note it in the OP (I might edit it in later for orginization's sake but yeah)
Level Progression
Rogue
Scout
Scout
Ranger
Scout
Scout

Aside from the one thing though it's not too important... As long as I get Ranger1 and Rogue1 before taking Scout4 (so Scout4 must be CharLvl6). Since I plan to progress primarily in the Rogue class (for more Sneak Atk, since Swift Ambusher won't let me stack Scout/Rogue to determine Sneak Atk dice for actual use (just for feat prerequisites)).

Lastly: Favored Enemy will be Undead.