PDA

View Full Version : The Ritual of Endless Night

Pvednes
2007-02-17, 09:31 AM
So how does this one work then, beyond a deadly potion beneath the full moon?

Pvednes
2007-02-17, 09:51 AM
Um...it's the lich-making process. Probably better mention that.

AKA_Bait
2007-02-17, 10:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that no where is the actual ritual described in detail. It's pretty much up to the DM. However, from the little description 'unspeakably evil' that we have, whatever it is ought to be pretty darn ick. I'm talking kittens in a blender icky.

iceman
2007-02-17, 11:26 AM
Actually if you can find the sword & Sorcery source book I think that is where you find the ritual. Unfortunately, if my memory is correct, you have to have a willing sacrifice (meaning someone has to give their life for you, an evil character, without magical compulsion) and I think you need several other spellcasters there for some part of the process. Then again I also think that it is like a 7th or 8th level ritual (meaning 13th or 15th caster level) before it will work.
It also has rituals to become a Vampire and a lycanthrope

Pvednes
2007-02-17, 11:58 AM
Hmm, which book's that?

Neo
2007-02-17, 12:02 PM
Yeah, though its a d20 supplement, so hardly the official ritual, but you can use it if you want.

One I read ages ago, might have been in 2e, was something involving sacrificing an infant or infants. Pretty much anything overly evil. Having a willing participant doesn't really work for the evil liches.

Maxymiuk
2007-02-17, 02:23 PM
Speaking of unspeakable evil, how can we ever talk about something that is, by its very nature, unspeakable, since the moment we speak about it, it becomes, by default, speakable?

DaMullet
2007-02-17, 02:28 PM
That, and on a lot of testing material provided by the government, there's a notice that says, "This page intentionally left blank." Except it's not bloody blank now, is it?