PDA

View Full Version : Ascetic Mage Feat - Prerequisite Question

Talionis
2014-05-27, 11:02 AM
Is there an equivalent feat that allows you to use 2nd level divine casting in place of 2nd level arcane casting? I'm trying to get Monk AC bonus to key off of Charisma, but I can't want to get levels of an arcane caster.

A.A.King
2014-05-27, 11:18 AM
No, there is no Divine Version of Ascetic Mage. You could however ask your DM if you could make one.

If you want Unarmed Combat and Charisma to AC, you might want to consider the "Battle Dancer" class from the Dragon Compendium

Peelee
2014-05-27, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I think asking for a homebrew that is word for word, but replaces "arcane" with "divine," is your best shot. Ascetic Soul?

Speaking of, is this for a Favored Soul? Just curious.

prufock
2014-05-27, 12:01 PM
Southern Magician should allow this, right? It allows you to cast a divine spell as arcane limited times per day.

Peelee
2014-05-27, 12:13 PM
Southern Magician should allow this, right? It allows you to cast a divine spell as arcane limited times per day.

That would work, but would require Southern Magician as an extra feat in addition to Ascetic Mage, and would still require houseruling if they're not in Faerun (or if the character isn't a Mulan human).

All based on what I read here (http://dndtools.eu/feats/races-of-faerun--23/southern-magician--2683/), as I know nothing about Southern Magician, though now that I know about it, I like that feat.

El Mule
2014-05-27, 12:18 PM
I remember Southern Magician was errata'ed a long time ago, it doesn't allow to qualify for feats and PrCs and so on.

Talionis
2014-05-27, 12:53 PM
No, there is no Divine Version of Ascetic Mage. You could however ask your DM if you could make one.

If you want Unarmed Combat and Charisma to AC, you might want to consider the "Battle Dancer" class from the Dragon Compendium

Thank you all for help. Its for a weird Harmonious Paladin. Its very Charisma focused and I wanted to grab two levels of Unarmed Swordsage.

My DM has let me use the Swordsage AC bonus conversions as if I was a Monk before so I wasn't worried about that part of it.

I'll ask my DM, and if it doesn't work, I'll just get Combat Panache feat from Player's Handbook Two.