PDA

View Full Version : The kickstarter cameo

King of Nowhere
2014-05-27, 03:16 PM
Pledge $5,000 or more

1 backer All gone!
Your original D&D character, based on your descriptions (within reason), gets a walk-on cameo in The Order of the Stick webcomic sometime this year.
Rich expected the cameo to happen in 2012. then he got much more work on his hands because of kickstarter, and he got the thumb accident, and so he updated more slowly. So I'm wondering: are we going to see that cameo soon? did it already happen and we just failed to notice? Are we going to get told which character was based on the backer's choice? If so, on the online comic or only in book commentary? Is it one of the mooks on the mechane?

I also seem to remember that for a few rewards that were personal, like the mistry box and a few other stuff, he wasn't publishing the information but was contacting directly the involved people, but I'm not going to search for hours to dig an exact quote out.

ChristianSt
2014-05-27, 03:29 PM
We haven't heard anything on the Mystery Box (and I don't think Rich will reveal it, unless said Backer will want it).

The Kickstarter Cameo hasn't happened yet, and Rich said that it will be noticed and probably that there will be a news post for it, too.

[I don't want to dig for any sources right now, quite likely that something is floating around in the Index of the Giant's comments.]