PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Judge PrC

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-02-17, 11:29 AM
There are laws that govern the lives of ordinary folk,so it stands to reason that there are laws that govern other aspects of reality. This is the principle behind the cosmic judge. Their powers come from diligent study of the law,and its affect on reality.
Hit Die: d8

Requirements: To qualify to become a cosmic judge, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Skills: Sense Motive 10 ranks,Diplomacy 8 ranks,Knowledge(history) 4 ranks.
Feat:Alertness
Spells:Discern Lies,Any 2 spells with the Lawful discripter.
Special: Must have served as a judge for at least 3 trials.
Cosmic Judge
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Law|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Lawful Strike |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|Law|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Mechanus Domain |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Law|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Judge's Intuition|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5| Law|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6|Undying Justice|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6|Judge's Wrath|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Power of Law|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]
Law (Ex): In their studies of the law,cosmic judges come across special laws that govern different aspects of the Cosmos. At 1st,3rd,5th,and 7th level, the judge can choose a law from the table below. She cannot choose the same law twice.
{table=head]Law|Benefit|

Law of the Arcane| +2 bonus on all saves against arcane spells|
Law of the Divine| +2 bonus on all saves against divine spells|
Law of the Planes| +1 on all hit rolls against elementals and outsiders,+2 on Survival checks made on other planes
Law of Battle| +1 bonus to attack rolls and AC
Law of Shaping| +2 bonus on all Craft checks
Law of the Beasts| +1 on attack rolls made against animals
Law of the Land| +2 on Knowledge(geography) and Survival checks[/table]

Lawful Strike (Ex): All attacks made by the cosmic judge are considered to have the Lawful descriptor for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Mechanus Domain: A fourth level cosmic judge gains access to the Mechanus cleric domain for free. If the player does not have access to the Mechanus domain,he recieves the law domain instead.

Judge's Intuition(Ex): A 6th level cosmic judge is adept at separating fact from fiction. She gains a competence bonus on Sense Motive checks made to disbelieve a Bluff qual to 2+one half her level. Against a Chaotic aligned creature the bonus increases by one.

Undying Justice(Su): Even in death,a cosmic judge can still sentence the unjust. A cosmic judge who is terribly wronged in death (DM's discretion) may call down a curse upon her killer.
The total number of the judge's HD determines the affect of the curse. A judge who bestows such a curse can not be raised other than by a true ressurection spell. If a judge is raised in such a manner,the curse is immeadiatley lifted.
{table=head]HD or Level|Effect|
1-4| Nothing
5-8| As bestow curse
9-12| As up to four bestow curses
13-16| As limited wish,or up to ten bestow curses
17-20| As wish,or up to four limited wishes,or up to 25 bestow curses
21+| DM's discretion[/table]

Judge's Wrath(Ex): A judge can be greatly angered by an unlawful creature. Once per day,while fighting a nonlawful creature,she may rage as a barbarian as one fourth her cosmic judge level,rounded up.

Power of Law(Su): At 10th level,a cosmic judge is filled with the power of the law. She gains damage reduction 5 against chaotic aligned creatures and a +2 bonus on hit rolls or saving throws made against chaotic creatures or effects. She casts all spells with the lawful descriptor at +1 caster level.

dead_but_dreaming
2007-02-17, 02:22 PM
I can allready say that flavor-wise, someone that calls himself a cosmic judge should be epic, at least if he´s supposed to boss outsiders and stuff around. It's doubtlessly an intriguing idea tho, lookin' forward to it. :smallsmile:

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-02-17, 05:20 PM
The table is complete.

bosssmiley
2007-02-17, 05:27 PM
Needs descriptions of each class ability (I assume Law is a class specific special ability). You might also want to add a substitute to the Mechanus domain ability for those who lack (IIRC) "Planar Handbook".

Modifying the "Base Attack Bonus" column header to simply "BAB" should fix the formatting.

Looking forward to seeing more of this, my love for all things Mechanus being what it is.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-02-17, 05:32 PM
Could someone help me with a table for the laws? I need a table with 2 columns ,one for the 7 laws and one for the benefits.
EDIT: Never mind.

Sampi
2007-02-18, 10:59 AM
What are Jugde's Wrath and Power Of Law?

Looks good, though I see the different laws as very variable in powers (the +2 to geography and survival vs +1 attack vs outsiders AND elementals AND a survival bonus?)

Plus, I like in-game reqs for PrC:s, like "Must have served as a judge for at least three trials" - or something to that effect.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-02-18, 12:19 PM
Judge's Wrath and Power of Law are coming soon. That's a good suggestion, Sampi. I'll add it.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-02-18, 12:26 PM
Fixed it. Thanks for telling me.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-02-18, 12:58 PM
I've added everything. Tell me what you think.

Sampi
2007-02-18, 01:26 PM
Looks good, though the power level of the curse is rather.. heavy. But I guess that's pretty decent for a deathcurse.

Also, add unarmed attack for Lawful Strike - now only weapons count.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-02-18, 01:31 PM
I just changed it to all attacks made instead of weapons weilded.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-02-19, 06:31 PM
No one has any comments?

Galorien
2007-02-21, 12:58 AM
I like it, im going to ask the DM if he will allow it ingame

Inyssius Tor
2007-02-21, 01:43 AM
It seems like the barbarians' rage is inherently chaotic in nature (and thus anathema to the Cosmic Judge), but that could just be my opinion. Love the idea.

magic8BALL
2007-02-21, 02:37 AM
This is great...

The Name: great
The Cocept: great
The Flavour: great
The Abilities: great

I love it! Great work!

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-03, 01:04 PM
I'm glad you liked it so much! Thanks!

Monseigneur
2007-03-03, 01:31 PM
Hooray for Law! I've always been fond of the LN Cleric, and you have brought me the perfect PrC for it.

*applauds vigorously*

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-03-03, 01:41 PM
Hooray for Law! I've always been fond of the LN Cleric, and you have brought me the perfect PrC for it.

*applauds vigorously*

Thank you, thank you.:smallbiggrin: I thought people would hate this class. It seems the opposite is true.