PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Running a DWKobold Sorc in a high-op 3.PF campaign. What all does Loredrake grant?

AnonymousPepper
2014-05-27, 05:39 PM
Loredrake - Dragons of Eberron 31 - is a sovereign archetype for dragon-type creatures that reads as follows:

Benefit: Spellcraft is added to the list of class skills. Once the dragon has the ability to cast spells, his effective sorcerer level is increased by two. In exchange, the dragon's racial hit dice are reduced to D10s.

Unlike Greater Draconic Rite, which explicitly does not grant anything other than bonus spellcasting (Upon completing this rite, a kobold gains new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known) as if also gaining one level in the sorcerer class. The kobold does not, however, gain any other benefit a sorcerer would have gained (familiar abilities, and so on), Loredrake does not specify that I can see.

So, how would it interact with things granted by sorcerer progression like bonus feats and the like?

In this case I'm wondering about PF archetype boni, but that can't be ascertained directly because obvious reasons. Knowing how it works with sorcerer bonus feats, however, would tell me.

OldTrees1
2014-05-27, 05:54 PM
It seems self explanatory. Your casting is now 1+ spellcasting levels ahead of your class features. An analogy would be to 1+ levels of a prestige class that only advanced sorcerer spellcasting.

Reasoning: True Dragon's do not gain Sorcerer class features from their Casting's Effective Sorcerer level. So any boosts to that level would not grant Sorcerer class features.