PDA

View Full Version : Adapt body, Does it work in space?

Bellberith
2014-05-27, 06:17 PM
As title, Does adapt body allow me to live in space if i chose for the duration for the spell.

Rubik
2014-05-27, 08:13 PM
As title, Does adapt body allow me to live in space if i chose for the duration for the spell.From the SRD:

Adapt Body
Psychometabolism
Level: Psion/wilder 5, psychic warrior 5
Display: Visual
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
Power Points: 9

Your body automatically adapts to hostile environments. You can adapt to underwater, extremely hot, extremely cold, or airless environments, allowing you to survive as if you were a creature native to that environment. You can breathe and move (though penalties to movement and attacks, if any for a particular environment, remain), and you take no damage simply from being in that environment. You need not specify what environment you are adapting to when you manifest this power; simply activate it, and your body will instantly adapt to any hostile environment as needed throughout the duration.

You can somewhat adapt to extreme environmental features such as acid, lava, fire, and electricity. Any environmental feature that normally directly deals 1 or more dice of damage per round deals you only half the usual amount of damage. So, yes. Yes, it does.

SaibenLocke
2014-05-27, 08:21 PM
I agree with the airless part but does Radiation effect him?

* Edit * Yeah I was reading a MSRD page that was referencing future stuff, I.E. nuclear radiation. So yes it would work. Sorry for being a NOOB haha.

Slipperychicken
2014-05-27, 08:53 PM
I agree with the airless part but does Radiation effect him?

Yes, now please roll on the random superpowers table.

Rubik
2014-05-27, 08:53 PM
I agree with the airless part but does Radiation effect him?It's a natural part of the "environment" of space, and isn't particularly harsh, either, I think. If you were in the desert, would you take damage from the heat or the sun? Because I doubt that's the case, and it's the same basic thing in space, albeit turned up a notch or two.

If you don't take damage for being on the Elemental Plane of Fire, or on the surface of the sun itself, I doubt you'd take any for being in space.

Yael
2014-05-28, 03:26 AM
It's a matter of explaining your DM (or reading if you are) the power correctly, but as a TL;DR, yes, it works.